Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

el3mel

You realise he didn’t achieve all that with Leipzig?
Half of the post is talking about the progress of the club in general. Other half is talking about him as a top manager who took a club founded 11 years ago into CL semis in his first year managing them.

el3mel

If it winds up the OleOut crew, I hope it does.
What's the problem of people thinking he's better than Ole as a manager or want him here ? He lost a CL semi against a much better team. Nothing to use against him. People are entitled to prefer a manager over another one.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
What's the problem of people thinking he's better than Ole as a manager or want him here ? He lost a CL semi against a much better team. Nothing to use against him. People are entitled to prefer a manager over another one.
I’m entitled to think they are talking rubbish. Especially with the bile that they come out with.

Nick7

His Hoffenheim run is just as impressive - took them over languishing at 17th place in Bundasliga(7 points from safety!), kept them up after 14 games and got them in top 4 in his first full season. His win % with a piss poor broken team was 40.44% before he moved on to RB Leipzig.
Yeah his work at Hoffenheim was outstanding. Top 4 two years out of three. His last year wasn’t as good but still a fantastic job over his time there.

So I guess this will turn into a thread that will get bumped each time he losses to slaughter him then ?
Seems like it will be.

Superunknown

The talent (particularly attacking wise) that they have in the PSG squad compared to Leipzig is vastly superior. For a one-off game, PSG were the better team and bossed it as you would expect with who they've got in that squad. I don't think that's a slight on Nagelsmann at all. You don't get to a Champions League semi-final by accident. With a couple more talented attackers, it may have been a different game. It doesn't help that a few individual mistakes cost them for the second and third goals, that doesn't do the coach any favours.

Credit to the man. Mindblowing to know that a man the same age as me just competed as a manager in a Champions League semi-final. He's so young! One to watch, definitely. It's too easy to put people down after losing a game, but at least he got into that position in the first place.

el3mel

I’m entitled to think they are talking rubbish. Especially with the bile that they come out with.
You're entitled to believe that too, but today isn't really a day to use against him. They have no business to be in CL semi to start with. They're punishing above their weight being there, so taking a loss in CL semi against a much better to prove the posters who think he's a great manager or better than Ole wrong just doesn't make sense. I mean it's like you were waiting for his first loss to respond to them or something.

Nick7

Let’s hope our manager can take us to the semi final of the Champions League next season. Hopefully he won’t get schooled in the semi final.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He is clearly miles behind OGS, in character and tactical sophistication
Clearly. I mean what kind of amateur loses to Neymar in the CL, when you can be tactically sophisticated and get knocked out by luuk de Jong in the El.

Skills

Snitch
I cant tell if this is stupidity or sarcasm so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!
If you see his posts across the rest of the forum, I think you'll see a theme. Top tip, it's not sarcasm.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
PSG have much better players and a far superior squad to Leipzig. The pressure was all on them tonight and they came through a match they should have been expecting to win.

Absolutely nothing can be read into Nagelsmann on the basis of this result. He lost a match they were expected to lose against a superior team.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're entitled to believe that too, but today isn't really a day to use against him. They have no business to be in CL semi to start with. They're punishing above their weight being there, so taking a loss in CL semi against a much better to prove the posters who think he's a great manager or better than Ole wrong just doesn't make sense. I mean it's like you were waiting for his first loss to respond to them or something.
Honestly no. I watched tonight to witness some of the supposed managerial genius. You can lose and yet still demonstrate some class or fundamentals.

If you knew nothing about either team and watched this game, what would your outcome be. One team clearly had better players, but the other looked clueless.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
His gameplan was terrible tonight. He had far better things to do considering we have such an average midfield. I was very surprised by the lack of investement they put in this game. I mean come on, We played with Marquinhos, Herrera and Paredes, that's hardly on par with most top teams.

El Jefe

His allure took abit of a hit tonight. Many people will have watched his team for the first every time tonight and only seen a team totally out of their depth and showing very little.

I expected his players to look outclassed individually, because they are all inferior players to PSG. But I also saw nothing in the team framework, no signs of ‘being well coached’ or no seductive ‘patterns of play’ whatsoever.

Might be time for him to leave RBL and get a find himself a bigger canvas. Doubt he can take this RBL team much further and once the vultures steal all the young talent, he could end up like Eddie Howe etc.
I'm struggling to take some of your posts about non PL football seriously especially after the 'elite hipster CB' thread.

RBL played more than one game this season. Maybe you should watch a few more European games before coming out with the stuff you say sometimes.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Clearly. I mean what kind of amateur loses to Neymar in the CL, when you can be tactically sophisticated and get knocked out by luuk de Jong in the El.
he should have parked the bus and taken a tight defeat. I’m not sure at all what the RBL plan was.

That shows nativity or deep arrogance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm struggling to take some of your posts about non PL football seriously especially after the 'elite hipster CB' thread.

RBL played more than one game this season. Maybe you should watch a few more European games before coming out with the stuff you say sometimes.
What was the game plan of this managerial genius tonight?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
he should have parked the bus and taken a tight defeat. I’m not sure at all what the RBL plan was.

That shows nativity or deep arrogance.
You really do know feck all don't you? This is brilliant I thought you were sarcastic all this time :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You really do know feck all don't you? This is brilliant I thought you were sarcastic all this time :lol:
Is shitposting about other posters opinions your only party trick? Or do you have an opinion?

el3mel

Honestly no. I watched tonight to witness some of the supposed managerial genius. You can lose and yet still demonstrate some class or fundamentals.

If you knew nothing about either team and watched this game, what would your outcome be. One team clearly had better players, but the other looked clueless.
First, there's as much as a manager can do in some games. That's the reality, and second, there's no manager who doesn't come with a poor plan in some games. All football historical managers have some times come with crap tactical plans for many big games in their lives, even Fergie, it's normal and simply happens, no manager is always right in his plans. If you want to evaluate a manager's abilities or tactics, follow him regularly, and evaluate on a big picture, not on the basis of a match against a much better side who's expected to win anyway, that's all.

I for myself don't think he's ready yet for a big job and I think he himself knows that as he rejected Real Madrid move per his saying, but there's no doubt the guy is a top manager in the making. He's only 33 and is competing at this level with not really a big club, incredible achievement. Ole is 14 years older than him !

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So if he does well he gets praised no end but if he doesn’t do well people are not entitled to point it out?
Of course everyone can have a bad game, and you can’t expect him to beat PSG, but they didn’t even trouble PSG at all today, not even for a small period.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is shitposting about other posters opinions your only party trick? Or do you have an opinion?
My opinion is seen throughout, I made the damn thread. And every sensible neutral would know to judge a manager outside an isolated game.
He thinks Nagelsmann should joint West Ham to prove himself. That says it all.
FFS that's brilliant :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Half of the post is talking about the progress of the club in general. Other half is talking about him as a top manager who took a club founded 11 years ago into CL semis in his first year managing them.
Stop calling a manager who hasn't win a trophy as ''top manager''. Future top manager yes but nowhere near top manager right now.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I mean, is he really wrong? I don't think it was smart to try and force their game on PSG. Adopting a more counter-minded approach is what I would have done personally. Long balls to Poulsen.

Nagelsmann will learn from this, you can tell he's a student of the game.

Nick7

So if he does well he gets praised no end but if he doesn’t do well people are not entitled to point it out?
Of course everyone can have a bad game, and you can’t expect him to beat PSG, but they didn’t even trouble PSG at all today, not even for a small period.
There’s a huge difference between pointing out Leipzig were poor tactically today and what sammsky is doing. It’s disingenuous to suggest that’s what’s happening in this thread.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Crying hipster over and over again while trying to turn this into some great victory for Solskjaer is not expressing criticism, it's more like a meltdown.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I mean, is he really wrong? I don't think it was smart to try and force their game on PSG. Adopting a more counter-minded approach is what I would have done personally. Long balls to Poulsen.

He is but there's many iterations of how his game plan could have gone down in that game. If the goalkeeper didn't make the unforced error (not part of his game-plan to be fair, it was just a bad pass), and if Poulsen took the chance that came his way who knows how things have gone. Of course the likes of Neymar had their say too - however park the bus football wouldn't suit Leipzig. They aren't functioned to play in that manner.

I disagree the only way is to park the bus vs PSG. In my opinion you have less of a chance given how Leipzig are specifically drilled. He put the team out to play to their strengths, something they've been drilled on all season. He can't just implement a park the bus approach and execute it effectively enough to warrant implementing it, in such a short time. He obviously overachieved because he did a great job with the club, and took them further than they were reasonably expected to.

If you take the best managers in the world, Klopp and Pep, I'd imagine you'd get the same abidance to principles. Perhaps Zidane would be more pragmatic, but there's enough evidence to suggest he's right to stick to his ways and one day implement his ideas with better players.

Robbie Boy

Why are all the staunch 'Ole in' crowd so desperate to downplay every other manager. It's become so tedious and agenda driven. Same posters turn everything into a thread about Ole and come across totally clueless about any football clubs outside the PL.

Robbie Boy

Crying hipster over and over again while trying to turn this into some great victory for Solskjaer is not expressing criticism, it's more like a meltdown.
Agreed. It's childish and equally as bad as the drama from the 'Ole out' crowd. It's turning plenty of threads to utter shit and stopping any actual debate. All of a sudden this thread becomes a place to praise Ole and make ridiculous comments about Nagelsmann.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
First, there's as much as a manager can do in some games. That's the reality, and second, there's no manager who doesn't come with a poor plan in some games. All football historical managers have crap tactical plans for many big games in their lives, even Fergie, it's normal. If you want to evaluate a manager's abilities or tactics, follow him regularly, and evaluate on a big picture, not on the basis of a match against a much better side who's expected to win anyway, that's all.

I for myself don't think he's ready yet for a big job and I think he himself knew that as he rejected Real Madrid move per his saying, but there's no doubt the guy is a top manager in the making. He's only 33 and is competing at this level with not really a big club, incredible achievement. Ole is 14 years older than him !
I

I have zero interest in RBL and the latest fad managers. None at all.

But Nagellsman fanboys have been polluting this forum with all sorts of claims and theories. And very rudely dismissing OGS and demanding Nagelsman be given the job. Even in this thread, people claiming I know shit just because I won’t unzip and recognise his genius.

This is the context.

He seems to have achieved a lot, albeit he has been coaching since mid 20s. Long way to go.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It's just lazy to claim the losing team should have parked the bus. It's something PSG are used to facing, but it's not something Leipzig are used to playing or even built for.