Julian Nagelsmann | Sacked and replaced by Tuchel

redcucumber

If he's dumb enough to think Spurs is the right next move then he obviously doesn't have the requisite decision-making abilities to make it to the tippy top.

Dazzmondo

Would be a good option for Spurs. Don't personally think he's good enough to go to Real yet. Imagine they'd be looking elsewhere (I'm betting Tuchel was their first choice which is probably why Bayern moved quickly)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Thomas Tuchel incoming. Just in time for city. Wonder if he has the effect he had with Chelsea and wins the CL straight away.

RoyH1

I’m assuming this is why Bayern acted now. I thought Tuchel was nailed on to replace Don Carlo.
Yeah, that’s my take too. Mad to fire him mid season when Bayern is still in the running in both CL and Bundesliga unless they’re trying to make a preemptive jump on Tuchel

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Huh? Why? From Bayern to Spurs would be an idiotic career move.
It would but I think he’s the type of manager that thrives at underdog teams. Don’t think he can handle the pressure of the bigger clubs. Did a great job with Leipzig and they was underdogs…

Abraxas

I guess good really isn't good enough for Bayern. They're used to walking away with it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Amazing how quickly things change in football.

2-3 years ago, he was the biggest managerial prospect in the world.

Suedesi

It would but I think he’s the type of manager that thrives at underdog teams. Don’t think he can handle the pressure of the bigger clubs. Did a great job with Leipzig and they was underdogs…
feck Spurs man - they occupy too much oxygen in British airwaves

Redivy

As long as Bayern don't get any ideas about Ten Hag, they can sack or sign any manager they like.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Surprised Bayern are doing this now. Have to presume this was their only opportunity to keep Tuchel from Real.

mu4c_20le

:lol: money and chance to show his stuff in the PL came to my mind, but not if Madrid were available. Would be a good fit though, and a hell of a coup.

Dominos

If he's dumb enough to think Spurs is the right next move then he obviously doesn't have the requisite decision-making abilities to make it to the tippy top.
Is his profile really high enough to demand a bigger job? He got a job as big as Bayern in part because of the German connection and the risks are low for a club like Bayern because they're so much better than everyone in their league anyway, the worst case scenario is they occasionally end up in a competitive title race rather than walking it with ease.

At the time I don't think he would realistically have walked into any jobs of the same profile outside of Germany like Barca/Madrid/United/Chelsea. Given he's done nothing special with Bayern I'm not convinced his stock is that much higher than when he left Leipzig.

There aren't that many elite clubs, and if he sat around waiting for one there's no guarantee he'll even get one, given the likes of Zidane and Enrique are on the market.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Surprised Bayern are doing this now. Have to presume this was their only opportunity to keep Tuchel from Real.
That has to be the main reason i think. Without a great (probably even slighlty better replacement) they wouldnt have fired Nagelsmann right now.

We were really good in the CL so far. The lack of dominance in the league and the lack of consistency probably cost him. But i feel thats more down to the players who occassionally seem not 100% focused anymore for the league. But this is also a bit understandable after 10 consecutive titles.

Im not the biggest fan of Nagelsmanns personality, but he is a great tactician, theres no doubt about it.
I read several Match reports about our games against PSG and especially Nagelsmann changes for the 2nd half in the 2nd game were really impressive and completely changed the game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
"Nagelsmann has won 60 of his 84 games in charge since taking over in July 2021 but has lifted just one Bundesliga trophy and two German Super Cups across his tenure"

The above is a quote from the skysports UK website.

...but he has only lifted one bundesliga trophy.....

Yeah the only one that he was able to you journalistic hack dick heads. He's not finished his second season.

God I hate Sky so much

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
By all accounts Tuchel was in talks with Spurs and Bayern acted now to get their man. I wonder if Spurs will now try for Nagelsmann.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
"Nagelsmann has won 60 of his 84 games in charge since taking over in July 2021 but has lifted just one Bundesliga trophy and two German Super Cups across his tenure"

Yeah the only one that he was able to you journalistic hack dick heads. He's not finished his second season.

God I hate Sky so much
I think they are refering to all of his thropies arent they?
No CL, no DFB Cup, "only" 1 league title AND 2x Super Cup

Suedesi

Is his profile really high enough to demand a bigger job? He got a job as big as Bayern in part because of the German connection and the risks are low for a club like Bayern because they're so much better than everyone in their league anyway, the worst case scenario is they occasionally end up in a competitive title race rather than walking it with ease.

At the time I don't think he would realistically have walked into any jobs of the same profile outside of Germany like Barca/Madrid/United/Chelsea. Given he's done nothing special with Bayern I'm not convinced his stock is that much higher than when he left Leipzig.

There aren't that many elite clubs, and if he sat around waiting for one there's no guarantee he'll even get one, given the likes of Zidane and Enrique are on the market.
Yes

Mr Smith

Must have pissed off some important players and the bosses and higher ups
This is the only conclusion I can come to. Seems a very strange time to sack a manager when they could still win the league and CL; do they really think Tuchel will be able to do something drastically different at this point of the season?

JB7

God I hate Sky so much
I enjoyed the next paragraph personally;
" Bayern slipped to a 2-1 defeat to Bayern Leverkusen before the international break and host Dortmund in Der Klassiker when they return to domestic action. They would slip four points behind Edin Terzic's side if they were beaten. "

So they'd go 2 points ahead of them with a win then.

lex talionis

Where else would Nagelsmann go other than Spurs? Unless Klopp walks out on Liverpool that’s not opening up. Not City, not Arsenal. Chelsea seem to be committed to Potter but I suppose they may just sack him…but that just doesn’t seem likely. Real, Barca…nope. He may just have to eat crow and accept the Spurs job, unless Levy rolls the dice on Pochettino again.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Where else would Nagelsmann go other than Spurs? Unless Klopp walks out on Liverpool that’s not opening up. Not City, not Arsenal. Chelsea seem to be committed to Potter but I suppose they may just sack him…but that just doesn’t seem likely. Real, Barca…nope. He may just have to eat crow and accept the Spurs job, unless Levy rolls the dice on Pochettino again.
Real were also very interested in him before he joined Bayern and there are rumors they might get rid of Ancelotti.
PSG will also need a new coach.
Maybe Juve also.

Suedesi

Which elite clubs do you expect will be sacking their manager this summer and hiring him?
One of the following:

I suspect the following clubs will change managers this summer - Real, Atletico, PSG, Juve, Milan, Inter, Chelsea + a host of German clubs.

CM

It's a bold move from Bayern but I suspect there's more than meets the eye with this one. I never really bought the hype with Nagelsmann but sacking a young coach when they're a point from top of the Bundesliga and still in the Champions League can't be a decision made exclusively on performance. Tuchel's a good manager but he's not the type who you rip everything up for.

Spurs should be all over Nagelsmann if they have a sniff. Better that than trying to rekindle an old flame with Pochettino, and it would be a happy medium between trying to attract a big name manager and a younger coach who can actually build towards something.

matsdf

If this is true, this is one of the most ridicilous sackings I've seen in a long long time.

They're 8 for 8 in the CL this season, 21-2 goal difference. Completely bonkers.