Julian Weigl

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Hoeneß served Khedira on a silver plate, but thank god van Gaal didnt want him and said no. Bayern have never been interested in Özil.
I have a feeling that this might change this summer.

johanovic

Great analysis. What's passing stats? The number of passes, the percentage of successful passes, the number of chances created, key passes, assists, forward passes, passes in the final third, average length etc?
Here you are mate https://www.whoscored.com/Players/142318/ and like I said in my posts you can check out all stats of players there. I was looking at the stats for them in the Champions League.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hoeneß served Khedira on a silver plate, but thank god van Gaal didnt want him and said no. Bayern have never been interested in Özil.
Khedira's great, his problem is he's made of glass

johanovic

He is a good player indeed. Absolutely not the type we need, though.
He´s so much like Carrick in his play and gives a side so much composure and passing options and that´s what Carrick has given United over the years though many fail to see that. I think Weigl plus Veratti/Kroos would be a great way to go and Pogba as the 3 player in that midfield.

johanovic

You've missed my point.
I´m stating the case that a 21 year old DM having better pass completion stats than most other midfielders in the Champions League is quite remarkable and to me Weigl is very similar in style to Carrick and will become one of the leading midfielders in the world in the coming years. He at least does not go missing in big matches like a certain Mr Pogba seems to do.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
He's a very good young player when the lines are tight. In a league as primitive and tactically inept as the mule league, he will be asked to cover too much ground and then clueless fans will say he has flopped. The only team that would utilise him properly are Manchester City under lord Cruijffs heir and Chelsea becaue Conte is Andre fantastic coach, even though I do not agree with some of his tactical methods.

Mourinho makes good players look terrible. He is the definition of anti football and doesn't improve football players.

Art

Art the artist
He's a very good young player when the lines are tight. In a league as primitive and tactically inept as the mule league, he will be asked to cover too much ground and then clueless fans will say he has flopped. The only team that would utilise him properly are Manchester City under lord Cruijffs heir and Chelsea becaue Conte is Andre fantastic coach, even though I do not agree with some of his tactical methods.

Mourinho makes good players look terrible. He is the definition of anti football and doesn't improve football players.
What a ridiculous comment.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Every really good German player has played for Bayern with the exception of Reus.
Who do you consider a "really good" german player? I'm mostly interested because I want to know which players you don't consider really good.

Jaybomb

Who do you consider a "really good" german player? I'm mostly interested because I want to know which players you don't consider really good.
Neuer, Boateng, Lahm, Hummels, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Muller are all what I'd consider "really good players" in their primes.

You could make a point for Ozil too but to be honest, I think he'll end up there eventually as well.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Julian Weigl being compared to Tom "going into hiding" Cleverley. Now I´ve heard it all. The boy has shown up to more games in his first three professional seasons than Cleverley in his entire career. Weigl is at 21 absolute integral for a European top 10 team, which is why he basically always plays (together with Aubameyang the player with the most playing time). The worst that can be said about Weigl is that he is right now really stellar in only a single role (midfield anchor).

johanovic

Julian Weigl being compared to Tom "going into hiding" Cleverley. Now I´ve heard it all. The boy has shown up to more games in his first three professional seasons than Cleverley in his entire career. Weigl is at 21 absolute integral for a European top 10 team, which is why he basically always plays (together with Aubameyang the player with the most playing time). The worst that can be said about Weigl is that he is right now really stellar in only a single role (midfield anchor).
Agree with you and do add to that how many of our midfield players are stellar? He seems to me as the obvious option for the Carrick role and then we need Kroos/Veratti or a similar player to play with Pogba. Herrera would be one of 4 midfield players as we need that.

Womp

idiot
Agree with you and do add to that how many of our midfield players are stellar? He seems to me as the obvious option for the Carrick role and then we need Kroos/Veratti or a similar player to play with Pogba. Herrera would be one of 4 midfield players as we need that.
:lol: Shoot for the stars man.

johanovic

:lol: Shoot for the stars man.
I would like to point out one thing, we have players barely playing that are paid over 500000 pounds per week and back in the day United had the best midfield or very near to it in for example Carrick,Scholes,Giggs in 2008-9 and Scholes,Keane,Beckham,Giggs before that. We had our best winning periods playing with those midfield´s so I ask you, how can United become a contender in the CL unless we seriously improve the midfield and wing play? Why can teams like Monaco and Dortmund outperform us and play great attacking football at the highest level? Monaco have scored 84 goals in their league plus 25 goals in the CL whild Dortmund have 53 in league and 25 in CL? They have spent their money more wisely and the stats tell that. How come the club with the biggest turnover in football should not be able to have the best players or at least the most promising ones?

Reactions: Invictus

Womp

idiot
I would like to point out one thing, we have players barely playing that are paid over 500000 pounds per week and back in the day United had the best midfield or very near to it in for example Carrick,Scholes,Giggs in 2008-9 and Scholes,Keane,Beckham,Giggs before that. We had our best winning periods playing with those midfield´s so I ask you, how can United become a contender in the CL unless we seriously improve the midfield and wing play? Why can teams like Monaco and Dortmund outperform us and play great attacking football at the highest level? Monaco have scored 84 goals in their league plus 25 goals in the CL whild Dortmund have 53 in league and 25 in CL? They have spent their money more wisely and the stats tell that. How come the club with the biggest turnover in football should not be able to have the best players or at least the most promising ones?
It's not as easy to buy those sort of players anymore. Unless they want to move, it's not a possibility. PSG could match anything we offered Veratti, as well as just about guaranteeing CL football and better living conditions etc. Same situation with Kroos at Madrid. Weighl is maybe a possibility but given the fact that he recently signed a contract extension I don't see it being a possibility.

johanovic

It's not as easy to buy those sort of players anymore. Unless they want to move, it's not a possibility. PSG could match anything we offered Veratti, as well as just about guaranteeing CL football and better living conditions etc. Same situation with Kroos at Madrid. Weighl is maybe a possibility but given the fact that he recently signed a contract extension I don't see it being a possibility.
How can we afford to pay Rooney and Schweinsteiger and they are in the top 20 highest earning players in world and not giving us anything but buying a guy from Dortmund and a leading midfielder impossible? Get rid of Rooney and Schweini and get in guys of the calibre needed. There is hardly a club that has the financial strength that we have but we are throwing away money. If United can not afford the better players we will not progress but I belive Mourinho will get us there.

Womp

idiot
How can we afford to pay Rooney and Schweinsteiger and they are in the top 20 highest earning players in world and not giving us anything but buying a guy from Dortmund and a leading midfielder impossible? Get rid of Rooney and Schweini and get in guys of the calibre needed. There is hardly a club that has the financial strength that we have but we are throwing away money. If United can not afford the better players we will not progress but I belive Mourinho will get us there.
I agree with your points about Schweinsteiger and Rooney but money isn't always the only factor, top players want to join top teams and unless we can start to show we are getting back there we may continue to struggle to get the required calibre needed.

johanovic

How come Pogba the standout young midfielder in europe chose to come here, how come Ibra the best player in the French league chose to come here and how come Miki the outstanding attacking midfielder in the german league chose to come here? That because we are Man Utd one of the biggest clubs in the world, with a great manager and us being able to pay them "decent" salaries?

Womp

idiot
How come Pogba the standout young midfielder in europe chose to come here, how come Ibra the best player in the French league chose to come here and how come Miki the outstanding attacking midfielder in the german league chose to come here? That because we are Man Utd one of the biggest clubs in the world, with a great manager and us being able to pay them "decent" salaries?
Pogba came because he has emotional attachment to the club and because no other club seemed willing to match Juve's demands, Ibra because of his history with Jose. Not all players are in similar situations, Mkhitryan was the exception but he basically had to force Dortmund to sell, I don't see Weighl doing that because he seems happy at Dortmund.

johanovic

Pogba came because of emotional attachment? I´m sure he came because he was well paid, a good manger here that he belived in and a club that should be competing for every title. Ibra like´s Mourinho but he hardly seems the type to go to a club he does not belive in. I want Mourinho to clear house in my estimate Rooney,Fellaini,Schweini,Darmian,Young,Carrick(only due to age) should leave and I want United to buy fewer players but then of the highest quality and give more of the youngsters a chance but that´s just me. Mourinho bought well but that´s the first window in a long time we have done good business and I belive he will continue in this way.

prtk0811

Mourinho is a adaptible manager who can change his methods unlike pep or lvg. With carrick our midfield has looked great

prtk0811

He is being compared to Michael carrick.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Broken ankle. 3-4 months out.

Borussia Dortmund said:
@JuWeigl has unfortunately broken the ankle and is out 3-4 months! Get well soon, Jule! #fcabvb

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Ah that sucks. At least he won't miss too many games, he can spend the whole summer rehabilitating.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

So tell us how you really feel.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I´d turn that around and say Khedira had the most accomplished career of any German never playing for Bayern Munich. Actually if Juve win tonight, he has won more major titles than Bayern Munich since 2011.

Amazing that he managed only 251 club appearances due to injuries and being frozen out at Madrid, but has 85 appearance for Germany over the same time. And Schweinsteiger was the one developing a reputation late in his career that Bayern Munich´s season was just his training camp for the big tournaments in the summer. :lol:

Bojan11

What’s up with him these days? Just watched him vs Bayern which is apparently his second start of the season and seems to be getting booed by his fans as well as being generally sloppy.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Weigl and Paredes have both been seriously disappointing. 18 months ago I thought those two were the next great holding midfielders, now one is a bench player and the other plays in Russia.

Ekeke

Weigl and Paredes have both been seriously disappointing. 18 months ago I thought those two were the next great holding midfielders, now one is a bench player and the other plays in Russia.
Young talented players are almost impossible to predict. For some reason its always assumed that they will get better and better. Some fail to keep up the standards they first showed as young players, dont have the mentality, struggle with injuries, cant play as well under new tactics/managers. All sorts of reasons why they can't even continue at the level they first attracted interest. So its best not to assume they will improve year after year

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To be fair to Paredes. Witsel was playing in Russia and he looks good for Dortmund