Julian Weigl

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Think he's an absolutely fantastic young midfielder. Amazed at how consistently he picks out forward passes from deep. Would be ecstatic if we replaced Carrick with him. What say the caf?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Yep, he's an amazing talent. Great scouting from Dortmund to pick him up from Munich 1860.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's class. Could see Barca going for him in a few years if he keeps progressing.

Devil may care

He's absolutely class, hard to believe he's only 20 and cost Dortmund just £4M. The way he plays is very similar to Busquets.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's incredible but he won't leave Dortmund for a long time, perfect club for him to develop his trade. He's repaid the faith Tuchel had in him. Has the potential to become genuinely world class, in the Martial/Coman bracket of talent for me.

RooneyLegend

Decent but doesn't look all that special to me. If we want a player like that, id rather we look more in Torres' or Neves' direction.

arthurka

Great player who just got even better when BVB bought him and threw him into the first division pool.. Hardly pick the wrong pass and has the composion of a veteran player.. BVB stole that player, could easily get 50 m for him now.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Decent but doesn't look all that special to me. If we want a player like that, id rather we look more in Torres' or Neves' direction.
I actually also rate Neves very highly also, from what I've seen. He appears to be more of a dribbler, no? The two together could be :drool:

NoLogo

Totally agree. I absolutely love this guy. If there is anyone who can really replace Carrick it's him imo.

Btw he has been great all seasons and imo one of the major contributing factors why Dortmund is playing such a strong season again. Only a matter of time before the big teams come sniffing around for him.

I wouldn't put it past Dortmund though to hold on to him for a couple of more years.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
City bound I feel.
I don't think so at all. Dortmund just bought him last year, Tuchel bought him purposely.

I think he'll remain at Dortmund to replace Gundogan, and could possibly be a future captain.

Gundogan seems more likely to go to City.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
His contract runs until 2019, so Dortmund won't sell. And he'd be foolish to leave them so early anyway.

Golden Nugget

We really need to look at Dortmunds scouting system. It's amazing how they continually find players from lesser leagues/teams and turn them into quality players

Sjaakmeoff

With Gundogan and Mkhitaryan going there's no way they will let him go. Contract until 2019 and one of the best young midfielders in the world.

LuessiT

We really need to look at Dortmunds scouting system. It's amazing how they continually find players from lesser leagues/teams and turn them into quality players
It wasn't really hard to see. Weigl comes from my home club. Everyone knew what he was. It's just that 1860 Munich is always broke and can't hold onto talent. He'd have been a far more expensive player if he had played with a different club and was signed to a different contract.
If there is a 17 year old german player playing in the second Bundesliga, who's getting raving reviews from anywhere it's not hard to see him succeeding. That said, he got a great opportunity and made the best out of it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Here's an extensive seasonal highlight video I stumbled upon on Twitter, thought I'd share, since CMs are usually really hard to judge if you don't watch them frequently:

RedorDead21

With Gundogan and Mkhitaryan going there's no way they will let him go. Contract until 2019 and one of the best young midfielders in the world.
A Martial or Sanchez like figure might tempt them lets be honest they will replace him with another gem within a month.

Bwuk

In a years time when Carrick's contract has expired and Bastian only has a year to go, signing Weigl would be perfect to replace them both.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
In a years time when Carrick's contract has expired and Bastian only has a year to go, signing Weigl would be perfect to replace them both.
Thanks but no. Go on with Schweinsteiger and his walking stick. Or get yourself a scouting system.

Bwuk

Thanks but no. Go on with Schweinsteiger and his walking stick. Or get yourself a scouting system.
Would you rather Bayern bought him?

I like Dortmund but they aren't in a position to turn down good fees for players.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Would you rather Bayern bought him?

I like Dortmund but they aren't in a position to turn down good fees for players.
Actualy, nobody is in the position buying him. Somehow i also trust in Weigls past being a 1860er, so that he would say "feck off" to Buy€rn.

as-95

I really liked Dortmund in the Klopp era and wanted them to do well, but since their player exodus, it's become increasingly hard to root for them. They never learn their lesson and continue to sell their best players to their rivals.

The sad reality is that if Weigl develops into a World Class player, he won't stay at Dortmund. I won't call them a feeder club, but if Bayern comes in for a hypothetically world class Weigl in 2018, Dortmund will not be able to refuse unless there are some serious changes at the club.

No one remembers the team that comes second as they are confined to the washed up history books. Dortmund's players will continue to get fed up of the club finishing second place all the time and demand to leave. High wages aren't possible at Dortmund either to offset the discontent.

He is a phenomenal talent, and when(not if) he decides to leave, Manchester United must be in the running for him.

Reactions: Invictus

BarstoolProphet

We probably do have a good scouting system. But, unlike Dortmund, we can't afford to sell our best players each summer then wait for the replacements to develop into good enough players. That's why clubs who demand success continuously pay premium fees to jump over the development stage most of the time.

DonDarmian

I rate this young man a lot. Not many young talents plays with the same consistency a this fella, should be the first name on the list when we look for a replacement for Carrick

ReDDHDevilS

Can't remember a (plus Verratti) DLPM so young yet so clam and composed. Absolutely class player; every time I watched Dortmund last season he impressed me the most. Tuchel must have an eye for talent as I remember reading somewhere he's a personal request of Tuchel.

I'd absolutely love him at Utd however a move to the PL would be too early I believe (if he's to) as he isn't fully physically developed yet. The PL is more about pace and power and he'd get outmuscled in the middle of the park.