Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

We have said very same about Mengi.
Yeah I've thought a few times that Mengi should be mentioned more in next seasons discussions.

Its one of the downsides to having an unstable club with constant manager changes, you cant expect the next manager that arrives to have a detailed view on all the academy prospects.

So I can understand ETH going for Timber but I would prefer he checks out all the players on loan first. But then again how many chances would ETH want to make with the young kids next season.

But I would absolutely push for Mengi to be back-up CB whilst moving the older squad players on.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yeah I've thought a few times that Mengi should be mentioned more in next seasons discussions.

Its one of the downsides to having an unstable club with constant manager changes, you cant expect the next manager that arrives to have a detailed view on all the academy prospects.

So I can understand ETH going for Timber but I would prefer he checks out all the players on loan first. But then again how many chances would ETH want to make with the young kids next season.

But I would absolutely push for Mengi to be back-up CB whilst moving the older squad players on.
Wasn't Mengi injured most of the season. He barely played the season before at Derby either.

Tarrou

Let me clarify: Me describing AWB as a ‘monkey’ has NOTHING to do with with the fecking colour of his skin. Jesus christ, are we past this already?

No, the way he moves his flexible body about the pitch always reminds me about a monkey moving through the jungle. It’s actually a compliment, because it’s quite gracefully. The only unfortunate thing is that the comparison is also correct in that both the monkey and AWB can’t handle a football for shit.
one of the greatest double downs in Caf history right here :lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
In Goldbridge’s video this morning he said the info he’s had is that the deal for Timber is “basically done” and that Pau Torres is a nothing story.
Goldshite creates his own transfer stories to fill his shows.

In Holland, other clubs are obligates to informed the parent club of their interest and this nearly always ends up leaking to domestic journos. It's why we knew Koopmeiners and Dumfries were heading to Atalanta and Inter respectively long before it happened.

It's highly unlikely we're anywhere advanced with a single ajax player, besides sniffing. Unless the deal gets finalized very fast/it's on deadline day, we will see reports from credible Dutch outlets first.

Dempsey19

Let me clarify: Me describing AWB as a ‘monkey’ has NOTHING to do with with the fecking colour of his skin. Jesus christ, are we past this already?

No, the way he moves his flexible body about the pitch always reminds me about a monkey moving through the jungle. It’s actually a compliment, because it’s quite gracefully. The only unfortunate thing is that the comparison is also correct in that both the monkey and AWB can’t handle a football for shit.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the greatest thing I've read on the caf in a long time.

pascell

Crikey

Blood Mage

Funniest Caf post since Fontaine's Rivaldo meltdown :lol:

Swedish_Plumber

His ability on the ball is more driving forward and ball progression not his crossings. He wouldn’t operate like TAA and James for sure if he plays RB, 100% not James. That’s probably why he suits more as CB or may be at least inverted full back.
Thanks! Didn’t know what type of player he was and heard he could play RB. As long as he’s technically better than AWB he will improve us I guess!

UDontMessWith24

Who the feck knows what you can and can’t say anymore in the ‘modern day community’. Someone is offended somewhere.

When eating a slice of cheese there is probably an offended veganist somewhere that you took the cow’s milk.

The static nature of a donkey I would describe as quite the opposite to our elastic AWB.
You honestly didn't know it's inappropriate to use that analogy in regards to a black man? You either live under a rock or in eastern Europe :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will we sign him for cb or for full back? I’d say CB to be honest but a lot of fans reckon he’ll be our RB.

Kaos

Will we sign him for cb or for full back? I’d say CB to be honest but a lot of fans reckon he’ll be our RB.
He’s a CB. I don’t understand why so many are convinced we’d sign him to be our RB. Could be do a job there? Sure, if needed I guess. But if we want a RB we’d sign a RB.

DJ_21

He’s a CB. I don’t understand why so many are convinced we’d sign him to be our RB. Could be do a job there? Sure, if needed I guess. But if we want a RB we’d sign a RB.
Exactly. He’s a ball playing CB and that’s what ten Hag loves about him so if we signed him he’d definitely be playing CB.

mu4c_20le

Exactly. He’s a ball playing CB and that’s what ten Hag loves about him so if we signed him he’d definitely be playing CB.
Maguire, Varane and Lindelof are all ball playing CBs. RB is a much weaker area especially if Ten Hag wants rid of AWB.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's not quite that simple, I think.

He is a ball playing CB but he's a ball playing CB who already gets some game time at RB and who (according to the Statsman Dave video at least) Rangnick has previously suggested could ultimately develop into a DM. It would seem unwise to me to assume his current position is fixed when he's only 20 years old.

It's also worth noting that Ajax's fullbacks regularly invert into the below positions in possession. So it's not like it's a role where playing as a nominal RB precludes players from taking up CB and CM positions either. Quite the opposite.

Saying "he's a CB so he'll play at CB" is putting rather rigid definitions on a player and tactical set-up that is a lot more fluid than those terms suggest, I think.

ti vu

In short, he's liquid player. We're gonna play fluid football :drool:

Kaushal

Oh my God

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Jesus titty fecking Christ.

UTD_Since_1978

In Goldbridge’s video this morning he said the info he’s had is that the deal for Timber is “basically done” and that Pau Torres is a nothing story.
He also has a habit of making a vid about 5 hours later titled "Timber Transfer Blow" or "Timber Deal Off" or something like that. Then he says, "I only report what I read in the news" & as we all know, we are always linked with loads of players every summer, so Goldbridge posting vids saying in talks with this player, fee agreed for that player means very little.

DJ_21

Hearing a lot of rumours around pau Torres… maybe he’s the signing we’re going to get. I think Erik ten Hag respects Ajax to much to tear there squad apart.. maybe we’ll get 1 player from Ajax which could be Antony… so getting a cb from somewhere else and then getting him as our rw would be decent business.

Red_toad

He’s so much more than that. He moves the ball better than Dalot and can actually defend, he’d be an upgrade on both of our current options. Guy can play numerous roles, is well know to Ten Hag, knows his system and fits in with his ethos. Ten Hag loves players who are flexible and Timber is probably the best suited player Ajax have who’d work in the premier league, so naturally he’d want him here and then figure out where he fits.
I’d wager he could well move into a holding midfield role, as he’s more comfortable with the ball than Rice.

Presto

Who is in the final?
Chelsea didn't advance doesn't mean they didn't create any significant chance from set pieces and long balls during that exact time span when Madrid's defense struggled dealing with them. Your question is completely irrelevant to the actual fact that Madrid's defense full of defenders who are both short had a nightmare against Kai Havert and other tall Chelsea players

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Goldshite creates his own transfer stories to fill his shows.

In Holland, other clubs are obligates to informed the parent club of their interest and this nearly always ends up leaking to domestic journos. It's why we knew Koopmeiners and Dumfries were heading to Atalanta and Inter respectively long before it happened.

It's highly unlikely we're anywhere advanced with a single ajax player, besides sniffing. Unless the deal gets finalized very fast/it's on deadline day, we will see reports from credible Dutch outlets first.
He also has a habit of making a vid about 5 hours later titled "Timber Transfer Blow" or "Timber Deal Off" or something like that. Then he says, "I only report what I read in the news" & as we all know, we are always linked with loads of players every summer, so Goldbridge posting vids saying in talks with this player, fee agreed for that player means very little.
We’ll see…

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's also a case of seeing what we have, and what he is, and what is available. Is Timber part of Ten Hag's future plans as a CB? Sure. Timber is only 20 though. New league and drastically more difficult one. He can play at RB and Ten Hag has used him there in the past, but obviously they had an excellent RB in Mazraoui so he was the main guy. With that in mind... He'll look at our squad and see Varane, Maguire and Lindelof as CB options, with only Dalot as a RB option. It's common sense. What is a bigger upgrade, Timber over Maguire or Lindelof while using Dalot, or Timber over Dalot while using Maguire?

He might move him centrally eventually or use him to rotate there while mainly being a RB, and eventually buying a right back. Those who say "buy a RB then".... Well, who? Easy to say buy a RB, but maybe Ten Hag and the recruitment team feel Timber would do a better job at RB than anyone we could buy at RB, while also being part of the long term plan anyway, while at the same time being a stop gap until we find a long term RB.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But we won’t sign a cb to play rb… we need both.
And if there is no RB available who could do a better job than Timber could do at RB, then we'll just use Timber there. It's not like it's a foreign position to him that he's unsuited to. It actually makes a lot of sense for his own development.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I think he'd play DM if we signed him in the fabinho mold. Covering the full back areas as the team moved forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.