Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I’m pretty sure you’re right. It’s just not really a deal that makes much sense when you look past the shiny new toy aspect. At least not until there’s a few departures.
I think we tested the waters early with Timber and are now trying to shift the few surplus defenders to get an idea of what sort of extra budget we can generate to pay a premium for Timber to bring him in earlier.

Bondi77

I think it is quite funny that we seem to be linked with all these players in the Dutch league and yet what I can see from Erik's past dealings at Ajax is that he did most of his shopping from other leagues.
Lazy journalism perhaps?????

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I think it is quite funny that we seem to be linked with all these players in the Dutch league and yet what I can see from Erik's past dealings at Ajax is that he did most of his shopping from other leagues.
Lazy journalism perhaps?????
I think it is quite funny that people think that Ten Hag actually made those signings. Overmars did those, the only Ten Hag signings were players he managed in the past, so that seems to be his thing.

Bondi77

I think it is quite funny that people think that Ten Hag actually made those signings. Overmars did those, the only Ten Hag signings were players he managed in the past, so that seems to be his thing.
Why was he quoted as saying that he would be involved in all our signings then?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Every manager should have a say in incoming and outgoing players. Slightly different to identifying the players himself I would've thought though.

Real Name

I dont think it was firmly concluded here which signings were whose. How do you conclude that anyway?

Bondi77

Every manager should have a say in incoming and outgoing players. Slightly different to identifying the players himself I would've thought though.
Maybe it is just me then but I would have thought that if a manager had positions in a team he was not happy with then he would be putting in more research to solve that problem by looking into what players he would like and then the club would take it from there.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I dont think it was firmly concluded here which signings were whose. How do you conclude that anyway?
Only if you don't follow Ajax closely you might think that. The Ten Hag signings are the players that don't fit the Ajax mould and ended up not working out. Like Klaiber and Labyad or performing but not being up to Ajax standard, like Haller.

That doesn't have anything to do with what i said? I responded to comment that said the Ten Hag made the signings at Ajax, that had nothing to do with his role at United. Ajax has a DoF, United doesn't really.

LordSpud

Maybe it is just me then but I would have thought that if a manager had positions in a team he was not happy with then he would be putting in more research to solve that problem by looking into what players he would like and then the club would take it from there.
He has done this. He wanted Darwin Nunez, the club failed him. He wants Timber, its up to the club to go and do that. He wanted de Jong, its up to the club to do that.

Caesar2290

He has done this. He wanted Darwin Nunez, the club failed him. He wants Timber, its up to the club to go and do that. He wanted de Jong, its up to the club to do that.
It's a bit stretching it mate. We have a limited transfer budget and we can't spend that sort of money on a position when we have more pressing issues in the middle of the park. Liverpool though have made him their key priority so it would be stupid to try and match them when we have other glaring holes in the squad.

We walked away from Nunez and now we are targeting Antony. So I don't see what the fuss is about.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Failed him because the player himself decided to sign for a club who are several levels above United at this moment in time? Interesting take...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The club failed him? Hahahahahaha.

He's joined a really big club, managed by a world class manager who are in the CL and have a chance to win everything they are in for.

Stop watching Mark 'plastic' Goldbridge. He's also putting out this line too that he's been failed.

Nunez choosing Liverpool over us is how it is. They are better than we are.

lex talionis

I’m itching to get it all sorted right now, but in truth United are not the fetching catch we used to be when we could reel in players like Ruud, Ronaldo and Van Persie.

I wouldn’t discourage anyone from watching Goldbridge, but his hyperbolic bloviating should be taken with a pinch of salt. The currency of these social media types is a lot of angry shit, but grains of truth can be found in it… if you’re willing to pick them out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
All this belly aching.
It's likely the second we realised he wasn't going to be a 30-40m player we dropped out having realised we couldn't put the sky high fee into a Ronaldo backup when we need loads else first.

Real Name

Only if you don't follow Ajax closely you might think that. The Ten Hag signings are the players that don't fit the Ajax mould and ended up not working out. Like Klaiber and Labyad or performing but not being up to Ajax standard, like Haller.

That doesn't have anything to do with what i said? I responded to comment that said the Ten Hag made the signings at Ajax, that had nothing to do with his role at United. Ajax has a DoF, United doesn't really.
I'm not that sure.

NewYorkRed

The club failed him? Hahahahahaha.

He's joined a really big club, managed by a world class manager who are in the CL and have a chance to win everything they are in for.

Stop watching Mark 'plastic' Goldbridge. He's also putting out this line too that he's been failed.

Nunez choosing Liverpool over us is how it is. They are better than we are.
Ummm…he didn’t mean the club failed Nunez. He meant the club failed ETH (which is also an absurd take).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ummm…he didn’t mean the club failed Nunez. He meant the club failed ETH (which is also an absurd take).
That's what I meant.

Nobody has failed ETH because Nunez signed for the better prospect. We don't like the fact but Liverpool are a better team with a better manager sadly. Anyone in their right mind would choose them over us right now.

There's way too many tantrums on here these days.

NewYorkRed

That's what I meant.

Nobody has failed ETH because Nunez signed for the better prospect. We don't like the fact but Liverpool are a better team with a better manager sadly. Anyone in their right mind would choose them over us right now.

There's way too many tantrums on here these days.
Ahhh gotcha. Yeah no I agree. We’re obviously going after the players he wants + according to the Athletic we weren’t even seriously in for Nunez despite the interest.

Green_Red

The manager should be relying on the scouts to scout potential players. Sure when one is found go and watch him. Do you think when Bishop rang Busby up and said "I've found a genius" Busby replied "nah I never heard of him, not signing him". Course not. Manager focus on managing the team, scouts find players to sign.

SeanyC

Ahhh gotcha. Yeah no I agree. We’re obviously going after the players he wants + according to the Athletic we weren’t even seriously in for Nunez despite the interest.
I disagree, I think we were seriously interested but he choose CL football which is acceptable, definitely not blaming ETH here, he’s only in the door but I feel the negotiating team are letting him down.

NewYorkRed

I disagree, I think we were seriously interested but he choose CL football which is acceptable, definitely not blaming ETH here, he’s only in the door but I feel the negotiating team are letting him down.
How are they letting him down? How can they convince somebody to come who clearly didn’t want to? The window just opened. Looks like we may actually get out top target. Patience my friend. Lets judge them at the end of the window.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The manager should be relying on the scouts to scout potential players. Sure when one is found go and watch him. Do you think when Bishop rang Busby up and said "I've found a genius" Busby replied "nah I never heard of him, not signing him". Course not. Manager focus on managing the team, scouts find players to sign.
Yeah, sort of my point

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It wouldn't make sense to add a sixth center back to the squad when all current departures have been in midfield and attack, maybe later on in the window if we shift the likes of Bailly and Jones out.
The attack and midfield is way too light in my opinion.
Sigh. I should just copy and paste

bailly & Jones want out
Matic gone
Tuanzebe doing loans at age 25. Not good
Lindelof lots of back issues past term. Sweden have dropped him for the NL campaign due to ongoing back issues.
varane is he alive or a weekend at Bernie’s fake?
Maguire awful form

Cb is crucial, after midfield

Bondi77

Sigh. I should just copy and paste

bailly & Jones want out
Matic gone
Tuanzebe doing loans at age 25. Not good
Lindelof lots of back issues past term. Sweden have dropped him for the NL campaign due to ongoing back issues.
varane is he alive or a weekend at Bernie’s fake?
Maguire awful form

Cb is crucial, after midfield
What about Mengi?
A star in the making.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax
bit deceptive this.

Timber and Martinez both did play very well that match, but this vid has left out 2/3 moments where Haaland did get a shot off, one of which Timber gets dummied by a fake shot, and one of which they're sprinting for the ball in behind and Timber gets a push and flies about 2m backwards, though does well to stay on his feet in the line of the shot

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Failed him because we didn’t think spending 85m of the 120m budget on a player who plays in Ronaldo’s position when we need a CB, RB, DM, CM and RW was the smart move…
Nail on head.

Its amazing how dumb some comments are. They are stuck on a narrative that everyone at United is stupid and knows nothing, even less than Goldbridge. Management is about working within a budget or limitations then making the right priorities/choices -- Plans A, B, C and trying to execute them. Yet...

I am surprised that we have not failed in our attempts to get Mbappe. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For work, I always assume people esp the competition is smart until proven otherwise. The level of the naivety of some of the posters here is beyond belief.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
In the case of Nunez, yeah I'm sure that Ten Had did want him, but its just not the right time for us to blow upwards of £80M on a striker, when we've had 3 MFs leave on free transfers, and our pool of MFs were shite last season anyway.
Whatever our budget is this Summer, it's the Midfield that must overhauled as top priority, we need at least 2 top quality players in there.

I think any defenders coming in, will probably be directly as a result of sales from that department.

Trex

That man bodied Mbappe, in fecking Paris, and completely fell away.
Yes he had a great game that day, I think playing in a back three in a defensive set up got the best out of his qualities.
Overall he is injury prone, his use of the ball and general awareness isn't great in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.