Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

Aggressively chasing Rice and Haavertz. Looking to add Timber as back up to Saliba. Tying down Martinelli, Saka and Saliba on new long contracts, Odegaard rumoured to be next

Arsenals ambition is being shown in the transfer market and in our desire to keep our best players.

What great moves will you make this window that would put everyone else to shame. Which players have you signed up to new long term contracts. Luke Shaw? Diogo Dalot?
Arsenal seem much more focused in the transfer market with Arteta in fairness, I do think you overachieved last season but not sure chasing Havertz and then knocking United extending Shaw shows a great judge of player ability...

You guys need CMs more than anything I feel, Rice would be a key signing albeit I do think he's overrated quite spectacularly.

Shinjch

Would be a real shame to miss out on him. I feel like the manager wouldn't be happy if he couldn't move for him too.

Shinjch

Based on what? :lol: :lol: :lol:
we’ve been after KMJ all summer
I just haven't believed the Kim rumours, nor do I believe many rumours that come from Italian outlets.

There seemed to be concrete interest in Timber from the manager last summer, that's what I am basing it on.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I just haven't believed the Kim rumours, nor do I believe many rumours that come from Italian outlets.

There seemed to be concrete interest in Timber from the manager last summer, that's what I am basing it on.
Key word here “last” summer.

Anustart89

I always laugh at the height argument, because it’s always presented as the sole indicator of likelihood to win a header from a corner.

It’s almost as if people think that if we signed three or four players that were seven feet or taller then we’d never ever concede from a header again.

Positioning, agility, quickness to get ahead of the attacking player and ability to jump from a standing start are just as important when defending a corner, but the fact that player B can jump 20cm higher will never be considered a factor on here if the pre-game team photo shows that he’s two inches shorter than player A.

That being said, our interest in Timber has clearly cooled down since signing Martinez and him rejecting us, so unless it resurfaces I think it’s a stretch to say that he snubbed us. Good signing for Arsenal if he goes there.

Shinjch

Key word here “last” summer.
Fair enough, though I do think it is fair to think the manager would still like the player if he could get him. Clearly a player he rates and trusts.

Anyway, I think he would do well at Arsenal and upgrade them.

Chief123

Aggressively chasing Rice and Haavertz. Looking to add Timber as back up to Saliba. Tying down Martinelli, Saka and Saliba on new long contracts, Odegaard rumoured to be next

Arsenals ambition is being shown in the transfer market and in our desire to keep our best players.

What great moves will you make this window that would put everyone else to shame. Which players have you signed up to new long term contracts. Luke Shaw? Diogo Dalot?
Arsenal fans getting their breath back after a demoralising end to the season. They go again. :lol:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

You better be careful mate according to some in here keeping your best players is 'small time'

yamo123x

i assume we are monitoring the situation, and appreciate the player.

No wonder ETH is fuming.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I always laugh at the height argument, because it’s always presented as the sole indicator of likelihood to win a header from a corner.

It’s almost as if people think that if we signed three or four players that were seven feet or taller then we’d never ever concede from a header again.

Positioning, agility, quickness to get ahead of the attacking player and ability to jump from a standing start are just as important when defending a corner, but the fact that player B can jump 20cm higher will never be considered a factor on here if the pre-game team photo shows that he’s two inches shorter than player A.

That being said, our interest in Timber has clearly cooled down since signing Martinez and him rejecting us, so unless it resurfaces I think it’s a stretch to say that he snubbed us. Good signing for Arsenal if he goes there.
This might all be true, but he is actually crap in the air. Pairing him with someone like Martinez would be a disaster. Is it solely down to their height? Hard to say, but not hard to say it's clearly a massive factor why they're not very good in the air.

Anustart89

This might all be true, but he is actually crap in the air. Pairing him with someone like Martinez would be a disaster. Is it solely down to their height? Hard to say, but not hard to say it's clearly a massive factor why they're not very good in the air.
It wouldn’t really matter if we spent more time in the opponent’s half than we do now as a consequence of him being in the team as opposed to Maguire or Lindelof. Not to mention that we’d likely improve aerially by signing a keeper who collects a cross every now and then, which would offset any negative impact of losing 5-10cm on one defender’s height.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Havertz, lavia, timber and rice would be a reallllyyyy good window from them. Annoyingly good. 250m spend basically as well though, no idea they can spend so much.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Arsenal collecting those materials. Rice, timber, Chris wood?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Havertz, lavia, timber and rice would be a reallllyyyy good window from them. Annoyingly good. 250m spend basically as well though, no idea they can spend so much.
I've posted this elsewhere but this is how I imagine we'll do this summer:

Ramsdale
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Zinchenko
Rice
Saka - Odegaard - Havertz - Martinelli
Jesus

Turner
Timber - Tomiyasu - Kiwior -Tierney (Or same price new LB)
Jorginho
Nelson - Vieira - Lavia - ESR
Trossard

Hein
Holding
Elneny
Nketiah

Rice - 90m
Timber - 40m
Havertz - 55m
Lavia - 40m

Total: £225m. (Our reported budget is around £200m).

And then we'll try and sell:

Out: £125m

Xhaka - £15m
Partey - £25m
Balogun - £25m (wants to leave, ideally with buy back)
Patino - £10m (wants to leave, ideally with buy back)
Tavares - £15m
Mari - £5m (already sold)
Trusty - £10m (was their POTS)
Pepe - £15m (will be tough)
Cedric - Free
Runarsson - Free

Loan:

BNC
Marquinhos
Okonkwo
Walters
Sambi - Ideally to Burnley

So the overall spend is around £100m (not too bad). Obviously it's a dream world to sell all those players, although I think most could be doable, Pepe being the tough one.​

Reyoji-Utd

Ideally we’d have replaced one of Awb or Dalot with him. He looks so much more talented so we’ll continue having lancing technical quality on the right. Delaying the inevitable with those two.
First team wise, yes, we should be having him replacing one of Dalot/AWB but think priorities dictate it to be next window. Also, we could always have other targets such as Vanderson...ect. CB is up there with ST, GK, MF. Ideally we should have someone with pace, strenght, capable of playing football and evade the press to change our playstyle from the back. And help sweep up any counters. Give me those and i dont really care much if he is defensively iffy sometimes.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal

You should see the height argument on Arsenal board. They are arguing whether or not he is 179 or 182. I agree, height itself isn't everything.

I feel this would be a good transfer for Arsenal.

Hughie77

Last summer I think he was interested this season no so much imo. We bought Licha he's been magnificent, Maguire needs to go to get another CB in . And I don't think it's Timber. May even go with what we got . Who knows Lindelof Maguire Varane and Martinez. Promote a youngster if any good. I'd like to see another CB in and Maguire gone EtH does not trust him , can't play Shaw there if we're struggling we lose Shaws ability to go up the pitch.

Malacia isn't the answer to do that.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Last summer I think he was interested this season no so much imo. We bought Licha he's been magnificent, Maguire needs to go to get another CB in . And I don't think it's Timber. May even go with what we got . Who knows Lindelof Maguire Varane and Martinez. Promote a youngster if any good. I'd like to see another CB in and Maguire gone EtH does not trust him , can't play Shaw there if we're struggling we lose Shaws ability to go up the pitch.

Malacia isn't the answer to do that.
There needs to be a few more commas in here

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It wouldn’t really matter if we spent more time in the opponent’s half than we do now as a consequence of him being in the team as opposed to Maguire or Lindelof. Not to mention that we’d likely improve aerially by signing a keeper who collects a cross every now and then, which would offset any negative impact of losing 5-10cm on one defender’s height.
Of course it does, because every team would set up to specifically exploit it. Arsenal could get away with it paring him with Saliba or Gabriel, because they can make up for that short coming. You can't have two CBs with the same obvious short coming and not expect it to be a problem. You can't have 100% possession and we'd be done by every Mourinho type team out there.

Hughes35

Will be a good signing for Arsenal or Chelsea IMO. I just don't think Utd need him.

Timber next to Martinez would lack presence in the air, and we we already have two right backs at the club.

I think we would be willing to sign a CB like KIm because he's good in the air and has a very low release fee, or somebody like Pavard on the cheap / free. A tonne of money for somebody like Timber makes no sense.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Is it pronounced 'Djurrien' or 'Yurrien' ?

Erik the Red

Martinez and Timber seemed to work OK as a centreback pairing at Ajax, but they had a world class manager to coach them and......

I'm pretty sure they won the league together in a country that statistically has the tallest average height. The only thing that may stop this one is our lack of money, otherwise ETH just has to pick up the phone and he's ours.

Herman Toothrot

Martinez and Timber seemed to work OK as a centreback pairing at Ajax, but they had a world class manager to coach them and......

I'm pretty sure they won the league together in a country that statistically has the tallest average height. The only thing that may stop this one is our lack of money, otherwise ETH just has to pick up the phone and he's ours.
How did our towering Dutchman do in the air this season?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Eredivisie vs the prem is a completely different animal. There's not a single team in the league that would have a pair of CBs that bad statistically in the air. Maybe we move to a back 3, but otherwise, I don't see Timber coming.

Crimson King

This is modern football. Meanwhile we'll be going into next season with AWB set to play a significant number of games.
We're not going to spend £40m on a RB or CB before we've signed a ST and sorted the GK situation.

Even then, we'd have to shift Maguire or AWB first.

Status
Not open for further replies.