Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
3 very good signings IMO. By law of averages, I think at least one will flop. But they make Arsenal look much, much stronger. I'm more convinced now that Arsenal will remain in the title picture next season

Like us, I still think you lack a proper #9 though. Is that on the cards?
Doubt it mate, I don't think we have been linked to anyone as yet.

Jesus is not a very good finisher, but he is really good at everything else. I believe he was a big reason as to why Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard in particular all had huge break-out seasons. Jesus drops back, links-up, dribbles, is unselfish and is really strong over the ball. He really suited the style we played and had a nice synergy forming with the other three.

I'd be happy for him to continue to be our number one option. Personally I hope we sell Eddie and use Balogun and Trossard as backup forwards.

Dannn411

Arsenal pushing all the chips to the centre of the table with Arteta. They have pretty much everything they need to mount major challenges for all 4 trophies on offer now.

AjaxNL

If Arsenal intend to play him as a right back, I think they will be very disappointed. Timber played there, but never shone there. He doesn't really have the pace, dynanism, crossing abilities that is needed at right back. Good CB though. Martinez is better.

RedorDead21

If Arsenal intend to play him as a right back, I think they will be very disappointed. Timber played there, but never shone there. He doesn't really have the pace, dynanism, crossing abilities that is needed at right back. Good CB though. Martinez is better.
We could do with replacing some out dead wood with him then back there.

mu4c_20le

It looks like they will tuck in their fullbacks and act as midfielders. Rather than traditional bombing up and down the flank.

Blood Mage

Arsenal were already stronger than us and are making some cracking signings. We're heading for a disappointing season I think unless we pull some surprises out of the hat.

MUFC OK

Arsenal were already stronger than us and are making some cracking signings. We're heading for a disappointing season I think unless we pull some surprises out of the hat.
Don't see any reality where we finish above them. Mount and rumoured signings of Onana, Hojlund and Amrabat don't move us any closer to the title. They are signings to stay in top 4 at best.

Von Mistelroum

Not just Arse, Liverpool, Newcastle and (though it's a bit hectic) Chelsea are all strengthening and we've lost a goalkeeper but gained a decent midfielder. Still nothing to suggest we'll even get a striker now that GK is our default priority.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Next year they will have CL money. Also, if I'm not wrong, their debts (especially stadium) are manageable now and their owners also willing to invest more.
Our bloated wage situation has been rectified too, which was a huge hindrance. I understand the club had to get that in order before the Kreonke's were willing to invest.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal pushing all the chips to the centre of the table with Arteta. They have pretty much everything they need to mount major challenges for all 4 trophies on offer now.
No we don't. We are still lacking in CM quality and depth. Xhaka will leave and maybe Partey also.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So I guess they're going for three players (Saliba, White, Timber) covering two spots (RCB and RB) between them?

AjaxNL

It looks like they will tuck in their fullbacks and act as midfielders. Rather than traditional bombing up and down the flank.
Ah, thanks for the insight. If that is the case, he might be very well suited for the role.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
No we don't. We are still lacking in CM quality and depth. Xhaka will leave and maybe Partey also.
It really all depends on of Partey is leaving. If not, then our depth is on par with where it was last season. Ideally we'd sign someone else, or convince Patino to stay (can cover both midfield roles).

But if Partey leaves then we absolutely have to sign someone. No excuses if we don't.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So I guess they're going for three players (Saliba, White, Timber) covering two spots (RCB and RB) between them?
Tomiyasu has shown he can cover all defensive positions, he is very versatile. He's another option too.

daba

Can’t help but feel gutted about this. Thought him joining as a RB/CB option with Maguire leaving was a formality.

We move on.

Timdbro

Didn’t we get quoted 50% more than that last season? Has his value just dropped that much?

El-Manos

Don't see any reality where we finish above them. Mount and rumoured signings of Onana, Hojlund and Amrabat don't move us any closer to the title. They are signings to stay in top 4 at best.
Agreed. Our rivals are not sitting idle.

Catalandevil

We are linked with players that fit our system. Mount and Onana improve our starting 11, are top players and fit ETH system perfectly. The next big gap in our squad is the striker, and whoever we sign is going to be better than what we had this season. Ideally, we would also move some squad players and replace them with better players. Amrabat fits that role if he replaces Fred.

The Irish Connection

Yup. It’s the hope that kills you.
It would have been fine if the Glazers said the sale process could take 12 months but instead they dangled the carrot of Q1.
Detrimental to the club to the end.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Good on Arsenal, they look really strong now. So I expect them to be even closer than last season because of the quality of their additions. It seems like they are literally throwing the chequebook at the transfer market to try and win that title. This Timber can be a very important player for their defence, especially if Saliba gets injured.

I wonder if this is it now for transfer moves?. Do Arsenal need any more strengthening?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Didn’t we get quoted 50% more than that last season? Has his value just dropped that much?
Yes, he has a poor season as did Ajax in its entirety. Plus his contract has run down by a year.

Ajax also have increased expenditure and need to balance.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Good on Arsenal, they look really strong now. So I expect them to be even closer than last season because of the quality of their additions. It seems like they are literally throwing the chequebook at the transfer market to try and win that title. This Timber can be a very important player for their defence, especially if Saliba gets injured.

I wonder if this is it now for transfer moves?. Do Arsenal need any more strengthening?
Do they? Towards the end of the season the goals dried up and Saliba was absent. They've not done anything to address that in my eyes.

I imagine if Partey goes they'll get another midfielder for depth. With Xhaka going as well, they'll be reliant on Rice not getting an injury.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Do they? Towards the end of the season the goals dried up and Saliba was absent. They've not done anything to address that in my eyes.

I imagine if Partey goes they'll get another midfielder for depth. With Xhaka going as well, they'll be reliant on Rice not getting an injury.
What do you mean?

Timber is signed to solve the Saliba point.

Havertz has signed to help with more goals from midfield. We also have ESR back who was our top scorer 2 seasons ago and didn't play any part last season really.

Status
Not open for further replies.