Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I really don't see the need for this guy with Lindelof around. He already has all his best traits (passing) and all his worst ones (physicality/aerial prowess).

he has all the pace Lindeloff will never have. That alone is good enough reason to get him. Lack of paceand agression is what kills Lindelof's partnership with Maguire. Not lack of aerial ability.

CM

If ten Hag wants him then we have to back the manager. I would think Antony should be the bigger priority though.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If ten Hag wants him then we have to back the manager. I would think Antony should be the bigger priority though.
100%, need that right wing sorting… I’d say a DM stands as top priority aswell. Get those 2 in with the transfer budget and then get other positions with any spare money and money from sales.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He was talking about how he'd rather join City than Barcelona because he wants to win trophies only a few days ago. Even if we were in for him I doubt he'd want to come.

SoulSurvivor

Supports
Ajax
He's basically a Daley Blind with better pace. Strong on the ball. Reads the game well. Likes to dribble a lot. I think he might also be able to play as a CDM. Lot of people in the Netherlands think he's already better than De Ligt.

dutchred

He is a fantastic young footballer. He could play either right back or centre half and probably has enough in him to play as a defensive midfielder

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I actually feel a bit sorry for Ajax. Just imagine the teams they could create if they weren't raided every other season and could afford bigger wages.

They are a brilliant club. Always admired them from afar.

macheda14

He was talking about how he'd rather join City than Barcelona because he wants to win trophies only a few days ago. Even if we were in for him I doubt he'd want to come.
Depends on his relationship with Ten Hag.

poleglass red

He's basically a Daley Blind with better pace. Strong on the ball. Reads the game well. Likes to dribble a lot. I think he might also be able to play as a CDM. Lot of people in the Netherlands think he's already better than De Ligt.
I like the sound of that....

Vapor trail

Have heard from those who watch the Eredvise that he's a fantastic defender. Going unnoticed similar to Gakpo but I think the club could do with him more so than Antony.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
English football culture is so different.

dutchred

I don't think he has Daley's vision or long passing ability. He is definitely quicker, more aggressive and can drive forward

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I think he is a better dribbler on the ball, but has nowhere near Blind's vision and passing on the ball.

But he is probably more press resistant than Scott / Fred and can easier dribble himself out of situations.

He's a million times as press resistant to the likes of Varane and Maguire, far more capable of offensive solutions in tight situations.

Helping the team to not only keep the ball, but to consistently create danger. It is a complete different style than United is accustomed to.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Have heard from those who watch the Eredvise that he's a fantastic defender. Going unnoticed similar to Gakpo but I think the club could do with him more so than Antony.
He’s not going unnoticed at all, he’s been frequently linked to all the best teams in the world.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In regards to aerial ability, the PL team who have won the biggest percentage of "aerial duels" they've faced in the league this season is..... Manchester United. For all the good it has brought us.

Whereas a side like Man City face the fewest aerial duels. In fact they face so few that they rank bottom in terms of both the number won and the number lost. And they benefit far more from that than we do from being the more aerially dominant side.

I would suggest that were ETH to play as he does at Ajax, we would be adopting an approach closer to City's than perhaps any other side in the league does.

In other words the first priority should be how much a defender will contribute to reducing the amount of threat (aerial or otherwise) we face. And then only subsequently how well they deal with the threat that remains. As opposed to beginning with the assumption that we'll be bombarded aerially non-stop and prioritising that as the non-negotiable.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
In regards to aerial ability, the PL team who have won the biggest percentage of "aerial duels" they've faced in the league this season is..... Manchester United. For all the good it has brought us.

Whereas a side like Man City face the fewest aerial duels. In fact they face so few that they rank bottom in terms of both the number won and the number lost. And they benefit far more from that than we do from being the more aerially dominant side.

I would suggest that were ETH to play as he does at Ajax, we would be adopting an approach closer to City's than perhaps any other side in the league does.

In other words the first priority should be how much a defender will contribute to reducing the amount of threat (aerial or otherwise) we face. And then only subsequently how well they deal with the threat that remains. As opposed to beginning with the assumption that we'll be bombarded aerially non-stop and prioritising that as the non-negotiable.
Such posts should be pinned on every page of this.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I think he is a better dribbler on the ball, but has nowhere near Blind's vision and passing on the ball.

But he is probably more press resistant than Scott / Fred and can easier dribble himself out of situations.

He's a million times as press resistant to the likes of Varane and Maguire, far more capable of offensive solutions in tight situations.

Helping the team to not only keep the ball, but to consistently create danger. It is a complete different style than United is accustomed to.
Exactly what is required.

pascell

Then I think we should be asking Ajax to the table to negotiate his signing, along with Antony.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Then I think we should be asking Ajax to the table to negotiate his signing, along with Antony.
Would be interesting, United would need to push very hard. Ajax isn't that ready to lose them, especially Timber I imagine.

pascell

Would be interesting, United would need to push very hard. Ajax isn't that ready to lose them, especially Timber I imagine.
I think we'll back ten Hag with who he wants this summer. We're about to lose a lot of players for free/sell, a lot of money will be off the wage bill. I'm guessing he wouldn't be cheap?

croadyman

I think we'll back ten Hag with who he wants this summer. We're about to lose a lot of players for free/sell, a lot of money will be off the wage bill. I'm guessing he wouldn't be cheap?
So you are confident he will get job then, there is also that growing concern of how much interference from the board as well

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think people would do well to stop speaking as if our next manager has been revealed to be honest. I can see some real dummy spitting coming ahead.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Guessing something around 50 million euro's.

I doubt our budget will be big, but let's see.

pascell

So you are confident he will get job then, there is also that growing concern of how much interference from the board as well
I am, I feel like PSG are too proud to let us take Poch and I feel like ten Hag is our first choice anyway.
Guessing something around 50 million euro's.

I doubt our budget will be big, but let's see.
I think it'll end up more than people think

croadyman

I am, I feel like PSG are too proud to let us take Poch and I feel like ten Hag is our first choice anyway.

When do you see some concrete news

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Let's hope, we were one of the few clubs spending during the pandemic and we are going to miss out on the CL. I can imagine we wont be splashing this summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Verweij: Ten Hag wants to take Timber with him to Manchester United.

So that's CB, DM and right back sorted.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Verweij: Ten Hag wants to take Timber with him to Manchester United.

So that's CB, DM and right back sorted.
It’s not even manager sorted.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So he’s comparable to Kounde?
It sounds like Timber is better on the ball, but Kounde looks stronger and actually wins a decent amount of aerial duels.

SAFMUTD

If Ten Hag wants him then bring him, Im all in to support Ten Hag in bringing all the explayers he wants.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think the manager is probably sorted.
Think it’s all very premature personally. Think people need to sort through what is fact and what is speculation. We know Ten Hag has been interviewed, as has Pochettino. We also know that it seems to be quite public knowledge that majority of United fans, certainly on the internet, seem to favour Ten Hag. From there, there have just been loads of jumping the gun, daily updates as to who is in the lead and hypotheticals about which players ETH would like to bring - but I think the facts remain that he has been interviewed as have others. The rest seems like noise to me, and quite possibly all hot air due to the obvious appetite for such hot air at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.