Jurriën Timber | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

Looking at his highest attribute is ball possession, if the new guy wants to retain the ball more and control games more, maybe he's a good fit, but as we're all over the place in what direction we need to be at every transfer will be questioned until an identity is clear to see.
This is it, Blind worked at center back under Van gaal because we dominated the ball, under mourinho there was no chance because we would defend deep a lot, its like with most of our signing the team lack of identity has been the biggest issue.

AdNani

can't wait for him to play with varane, quickest CB pairing in the league

AdNani

You might see that in about half of our games next season if you are lucky. Varane is a confirmed sicknote and if we were not in such a mess with the rest of the squad we should be looking to move him and his massive wages on this summer.
he's had issues this year but not overly in his career i don't think? you don't move a player like Varane on. one of the few proven winners in the squad.

PoTMS

You might see that in about half of our games next season if you are lucky. Varane is a confirmed sicknote and if we were not in such a mess with the rest of the squad we should be looking to move him and his massive wages on this summer.
Scousers said the same thing with Thiago and look at how that turned out.

captaincantona

Scousers said the same thing with Thiago and look at how that turned out.
Yes look...he was given the freedom of Anfield last night...free to play Hollywood balls left right and centre and look like Xavi on steroids. Literally any other team in the league, even Norwich, shuts that fuker down in the first 10 minutes and then he is back to being a show pony. He should not be an example in these circumstances.

AdNani

He oozed class.
he really did. He's absolutely lightning and strong as they come, excellent on the ball as well, lack of height will not be an issue. Blind coped just fine, he's better equipped than him for the PL

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
he really did. He's absolutely lightning and strong as they come, excellent on the ball as well, lack of height will not be an issue. Blind coped just fine, he's better equipped than him for the PL
Someone with that quality on the ball would improve our buildup a decent bit.

Idxomer

If Nathan Ake can play for City, I don't see why this kid can't play for United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sign him up he can play RB

AdNani

Someone with that quality on the ball would improve our buildup a decent bit.
i'm actually just as impressed with him defensively as i am on the ball. Really hope we get him.

If Nathan Ake can play for City, I don't see why this kid can't play for United.
exactly, some of the best CB's ever are small, as long as there clever it doesn't matter, it's not like he'd be bullied hes a tank.

Xaviboy

Yeah very good player. We should be all over this transfer. Right back and centre back he can play. Only makes sense for ETH to bring him to utd.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Does he actually play RB or was today a 'one off'

Drizzle

Jurrien Timber

Seems weirdly one-footed in the tackle and top class forwards will no doubt take note of that. But otherwise looks classy on the ball - would instantly become our best ball-playing defender. Coukd see him being effective at RB.

bucky

Does he actually play RB or was today a 'one off'
If you didn't know that he was listed as RB today, one might have thought that he was playing in midfield. Going forward he definitely looked class.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
If you didn't know that he was listed as RB today, one might have thought that he was playing in midfield. Going forward he definitely looked class.
He is extremely comfortable on the ball and loves rushes forward. I will be gutted if he leaves us but it if has to be any club I want to see him at Utd ofcourse.

bucky

He is extremely comfortable on the ball and loves rushes forward. I will be gutted if he leaves us but it if has to be any club I want to see him at Utd ofcourse.
Love to hear that. That was also impression I had today. I thought he might be good as an actual midfielder instead of the inverted FB he was playing at times today.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
He reiterated that he wants to stay at Ajax for atleast 1 more year because he can play CL. So i'm sure it's out of the question that he'll move here.

jesperjaap

Dont agree with moving him on....majority of our other centre backs are sick notes and the other two remaining are not that good. I do feel ideally, we should actually be signing two centre backs though. A number one and a player to compete for a startign birth if Varane is injured or Maguire is still shite....as Lindelof isnt up to the task

jesperjaap

i'm actually just as impressed with him defensively as i am on the ball. Really hope we get him.

exactly, some of the best CB's ever are small, as long as there clever it doesn't matter, it's not like he'd be bullied hes a tank.
I agree, Puyol was pretty small and a dog of a defender, Roberto Ayala too.....but more so than those two for me, two of my favourite centre backs from my lifetime

Gonzalo at Villareal and Cannavaro, brilliant centre backs and both were small and not especially physically built either

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He reiterated that he wants to stay at Ajax for atleast 1 more year because he can play CL. So i'm sure it's out of the question that he'll move here.
Feck

Mmm-Qatarian

From the (admittedly very little) I've sign of this guy, I'd imagine if we did sign him he'd predominantly play as a right-back. I know there have been successful centre backs on the shorter side but generally speaking I'd say he'd probably be too small to play as a centre-back in a back four in the Premier League. The way Ten Hag's sides play often involves one of the full-backs tucking in to form a back three anyway (or even stepping in to join the midfield), and this would be very doable with Timber as a right-back and Shaw on the left.

None of what I've said is in any way to discredit his ability, by the way. Again, I must confess I have seen very little of him, but I was really impressed. Seems extremely composed, very solid positionally, a good athlete and excellent on the ball too. I could see him working out really nicely as a right-back with a bit of training if Ten Hag manages to implement a successful system here.

AdNani

I agree, Puyol was pretty small and a dog of a defender, Roberto Ayala too.....but more so than those two for me, two of my favourite centre backs from my lifetime

Gonzalo at Villareal and Cannavaro, brilliant centre backs and both were small and not especially physically built either
Baresi is the one which springs to mind immediately. 5ft 9 and was probably the best cb in the world

jesperjaap

Baresi is the one which springs to mind immediately. 5ft 9 and was probably the best cb in the world
How did I miss him out! My favourite and I was only watching him for Milan when he was well into his thirties and he was still quality, dont know how tall exactly Cannavaro/Gonzales were, but they seemed tiny, especially Gonzalo, idolised by Villareal and criminally over looked when any discussions about best ever centre backs are mentioned, brilliant centre back and still did well in Serie A when he was way past his best too, despite from memory having a lot of inury problems in his career I think

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Puyol was a bit of a lunatic, like Pepe (the right kind if he's on your team). This kid play smart.

Varane around town

One of the things that makes me nervous about Ten Hag is the possibility of him bringing loads of Eredivisie players who can't hack it in the Prem.

However I do like the look of Timber. It's almost impossible for him to be worse than our current options of at RB and CB

Status
Not open for further replies.