"Just how bad a decision was it?"

Dodd

where's webb admission that palacios should've been red carded for that potential devastating two footed lunge tackle at ronaldo? these bastards sicken me

ludvik

War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left.
It WAS a bleedin' penalty

I have looked over and over again at the controversial penalty-decision made by Howard Webb in Manchester United's last game versus Tottenham Hotspur on Old Trafford.

The referee Howard Webb has even come out and stated that his decision was wrong (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...254190,00.html) - which is kind of funny because it isn't.

If you look at the episode from the opposite angle (facing Carrick's running towards you) you can see clearly that his feet touches the ball before the keeper does, and even more so the keeper clatters him before getting to the ball:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2809533

It is hilarious how much attention this incident has got from the media and football-fans, -managers and players around the world. I read on one of the scouser's forum where they bled their eyes out over how unfair it was that Manchester United "always were the favored ones" in the ref's eyes, and how on earth they could win anything when football was this corrupt.

Sorry, I just laughed my ass off. What a joke. It was a penalty for f sake.

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
:lol:

Gus gets a pretty rough time in these parts.
I know mate, but when you are at the top you are there to be shot at

He moseys into town a couple of days late and starts shooting in the saloon, folks kin get a lil ornery.

I almost always come a few days late to an event so that the spazzers have calmed down a bit..and in some cases myself

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I have looked over and over again at the controversial penalty-decision made by Howard Webb in Manchester United's last game versus Tottenham Hotspur on Old Trafford.
Saddo.

It is hilarious how much attention this incident has got from the media and football-fans, -managers and players around the world.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

The referee Howard Webb has even come out and stated that his decision was wrong (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...254190,00.html) - which is kind of funny because it isn't.

If you look at the episode from the opposite angle (facing Carrick's running towards you) you can see clearly that his feet touches the ball before the keeper does, and even more so the keeper clatters him before getting to the ball:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2809533

It is hilarious how much attention this incident has got from the media and football-fans, -managers and players around the world. I read on one of the scouser's forum where they bled their eyes out over how unfair it was that Manchester United "always were the favored ones" in the ref's eyes, and how on earth they could win anything when football was this corrupt.

Sorry, I just laughed my ass off. What a joke. It was a penalty for f sake.

*sigh*

The 1 angle you refer to i inconclusive, every other angle quite clearly shows the order of events is as follows:

Carrick touches it
Gomez touches it
Gomez brings down Carrick

Facht.

It should not have been given, Webb himself has admitted this upon seeing the replays. It was given, understandably might i add, and we move on.

Eric Banter-na

Standing outside the redcafe ready to shoot WUMS w
*sigh*

The 1 angle you refer to i inconclusive, every other angle quite clearly shows the order of events is as follows:

Carrick touches it
Gomez touches it
Gomez brings down Carrick

Facht.

It should not have been given, Webb himself has admitted this upon seeing the replays. It was given, understandably might i add, and we move on.
Concise and accurate post.

This is exactly right. At full speed you can understand why Webb gives it, but it IS a mistake. There is no doubting that.

Sir A1ex

p.s. still dont understand the point. if its that obvious why doesnt someone say
That the media are claiming it was one of the worst decisions they've ever seen - up there with Poll's 3 yellow cards or Attwell's "ghost goal".
Where-as the reality was that it was a totally run-of-the-mill incorrect penalty, the likes of which you'll see every week and are impossible to avoid.

Obviously.

GusHiddink

Alex Ferguson will not win another champions leagu
In the berbatov thread trying to push the deal thr
it was the sort of decision that decides titles at this crucial stage, shock horror it got coverage.

You clowns would be livid had it been the other way and this decision let pool back in the door. Get over it. we were robbed v everton we got one v spurs.

you embarass yourself trying to downplay the pen, the importance to the game/title race and thus the justification of the media coverage.

later.

Sir A1ex

You don't half talk some shit, Gus.

The Everton one was just as influential, if not more on the destination of the Cup, as was the Portsmouth one last year. In other seasons we've had much worse decisions late in the season... Scholes' goal against Porto springs to mind as having a pretty big influence on the destination of the European Cup.

And yet do you hear the media bleating on about them?

B Cantona

Desperate
it was the sort of decision that decides titles at this crucial stage, shock horror it got coverage.

You clowns would be livid had it been the other way and this decision let pool back in the door. Get over it. we were robbed v everton we got one v spurs.

you embarass yourself trying to downplay the pen, the importance to the game/title race and thus the justification of the media coverage.

later.
And how about the decision to not send off Palacios? Is that not also the sort of decision that decides titles at this crucial stage?

Newsflash. The stakes are higher, but the refs are just as human. They make mistakes. As long as they're honest, and not entirely inept, it's fair enough, shit happens

The nonsense is the way the media have gone with this one particular decision. They could easily have talked about the reckless Palacios challenge, or the dive by Mascherano to earn the free kick for Liverpools opener - and you better believe if that was Rooney or Ronaldo respectively, that's all that would be in the papers too

United fans long stopped giving a shit what the media has to say. But there's no harm in pointing it out when it gets ridiculous

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Concise and accurate post.

This is exactly right. At full speed you can understand why Webb gives it, but it IS a mistake. There is no doubting that.
Indeed. It's quite simple really and people thinking otherwise are kidding themselves.

Hmm maybe i should change your 4/10 to a slightly higher rating. ;)

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The fact that it is still being debated probably suggests it wasn't a terrible decision. Now lets move on with our lives...