Just how bad were we today?

FujiVice

I've seen people coming out of the woodwork on social media and youtube I havent seen in years calling this the worst performance in the post-Fergie era. We've taken some batterings in that people, but even the 0-7 wasnt as one sided as that. 31 shots from a team who have lost well over a dozen games this year. Shit.

Judas

Open to offers
It didn't feel any worse than many many many other performances we've seen this season to me, which says it all. But the stats really are incredibly bad.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Worse than the 7-0, not as bad as Newcastle away a few weeks after.

Doracle

Brentford have lost more league matches since November than any other side in a big European league. They totally dominated us from 15 minutes onwards. There’s been a lot of bad performances this season but I think that probably is the worst.

Castia

Dreadful. We’re getting battered most weeks teams are creating chances and shooting in on goal, we’re at a Luton and Sheff United level of shots against it’s an utter embarrassment

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Brentford equalized in the last minute against Manchester United and were still seething with the result.
Does that help you paint a picture of how bad we were?

Djemba-Djemba

It's probably the worst performance I've seen Utd put in that didn't end in a defeat.

The fact we were seconds from actually winning it is ridiculous.

Chairman Steve

It’s one of those games that will go down in infamy, like that 81 cross game vs Fulham under Moyes.

PoTMS

I honestly don't think it was much different from about 90% of our matches this season.

The worst performance Ive seen since 2013 for me. I’ve watched every game in that period.

Horrific.

Including losing 7-0, 1-6, 1-6, 4-0 (MK Dons), 5-0 on various occasion.

mu4c_20le

Genuinely felt we were dominated and abused for extended periods of time.

Born2Lose

There was a stat way before the end of the game on Sky that Brentford had something like 75 touches in the United box, and the record in PL history is City with something like 87.

Superunknown

It was awful, but...we've honestly been terrible on numerous occasions this season. If we had a big scoreline like another 4-0, it would be remembered a lot more in the future.

Think that Liverpool game has brought ETH a bit of credit. Today's performance really was unacceptable, however.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pretty fecking bad

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They're a team without their entire first choice backline and have won, what, 2 from 18 in the league and they annihilated us. 3 off the post, 15 corners, 31 shots, 90 touches in our box or whatever it was. Sustained domination from the 5th minute onwards.

This is the worst for me.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
An unsurprising drop after the international break, however, that was the worst of the season for sure.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
It was awful, but...we've honestly been terrible on numerous occasions this season. If we had a big scoreline like another 4-0, it would be remembered a lot more in the future.

Think that Liverpool game has brought ETH a bit of credit. Today's performance really was unacceptable, however.
You summed it. Terrible performance. It was a game that if we had lost by 3 or 4-1 it would be deserved.
It's becoming a pattern, isn't it?

lilcurt

They're a team without their entire first choice backline and have won, what, 2 from 18 in the league and they annihilated us. 3 off the post, 15 corners, 31 shots, 90 touches in our box or whatever it was. Sustained domination from the 5th minute onwards.

This is the worst for me.
This, it was awful. Literally nothing redeemable from the game, we aren't building towards anything. Manager is a dead man walking whether its in the summer or sometime next season, the only thing saving him is a lack of candidates at the moment or he'd be gone already.

Aretak

I know there are some bad stats, but it just felt like another game under Ten Hag to me. Dull, clueless, disjointed football and half the players on the pitch looking completely unmotivated and disinterested. It's become the norm under this manager, so frankly it didn't really stand out to me whilst watching the game.

Ekeke

You need to pretty much match the workrate, intensity and aggression of the opposing team to get the ball on the ground, have plenty of the ball and play your football

We didnt. Brentford's workrate, intensity and aggression meant they put the ball down the flanks and made huge progress and played the ball high into the box and won it most of the time, and whether they did or didnt they usually recovered it after to go again thus sustaining their pressure

They had 3 times the amount of shots and several very good chances to score

So essentially we didnt earn the right to play football which is step 1. So like 3/10

patch1

How much longer do you keep Putting up with rubbish.New manager and a almost complete new team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It was just our typical performance this season. We almost fluked a win we did not deserve in slightest, but should have easily lost. We have about 10-13 points more than we should at this point of season yet some people have actually convinced themselves we are ‘a few referees decisions and a bit of luck’ from challenging City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

AndyMUFC

Newcastle away this season stands out as a similar performance to me, where we literally looked like a relegation side, but that was probably worse.

siw2007

It felt like the worst performance of the season to me. Not necessarily the worst result, but the performance felt like the worst.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Watching us score was a combination of anger, embarrassment, and disbelief. I was just shaking my head, and feeling truly bad for Brentford.
I think I just laughed when we scored, then laughed again when they scored. Couldn't really react any other way.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You need to pretty much match the workrate, intensity and aggression of the opposing team to get the ball on the ground, have plenty of the ball and play your football

We didnt. Brentford's workrate, intensity and aggression meant they put the ball down the flanks and made huge progress and played the ball high into the box and won it most of the time, and whether they did or didnt they usually recovered it after to go again thus sustaining their pressure

They had 3 times the amount of shots and several very good chances to score

So essentially we didnt earn the right to play football which is step 1. So like 3/10
This. This is what we have been doing for years. Strolling about like we are special in these winnable games

VivaJesperBlomqvist

I know there are some bad stats, but it just felt like another game under Ten Hag to me. Dull, clueless, disjointed football and half the players on the pitch looking completely unmotivated and disinterested. It's become the norm under this manager, so frankly it didn't really stand out to me whilst watching the game.
Honestly, with no exaggeration, I think we have been second best in every single match this season.