Juventus unveil bold new club crest at ceremony in Turin

Gearbox Paddy

This looks like it was designed by Pogbas barber.

But with the way things are going with brands and brand image, they are just the first, all the others will eventually follow.

zeekey

Sickening.

That old Juve badge meant so much. So many Wednesday nights in the mid 90s were spent trying to overcome that badge.

The players they had. Ferrara, Di Livio, Del Piero, Conte, Pessotto, Deschamps, Davids, Zidane. What a team. What a struggle to overcome them. Then finally doing it in 99.

The old lady of Italian football has juncked her traditions for this photoshop looking garbage. Awful.
Well said.

Why not keep the badge and have this new logo solely for polo shirts and shit?

ROFLUTION

"The juventus living".. To be honest, marketing isn't their strong side. Miralem rivals Rooney in "They say he's a legend"

Pogba's got half an avatar movie, and all Pjanic got was a lousy christmas-ball :lol:

stevoc

What the feck am i looking at?

That logo would be fine for a mens aftershave but for a football club badge it's too generic. Jesus i hope United never go down the same road.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I'd say Chelsea's updated badge is a bit different, since they took most of their new logo from older badges like these two:

=

Whereas Juventus went for something completely new, only retaining the stripes and name.

However, I agree about the moaning. People will get used to the new Juventus badge as well. It'll probably look decent on the shirts. Also, it's not like Juventus haven't done this before. The 80s horse logo also just retained one element of the old logo and added the club name.
They should bring back the first one, but with John Terry in the middle.

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
I don't think it looks terrible or even bad, just boring and actually unmemorable (to me) though.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People saying they could design it themselves obviously don't know design, where simplicity is often a key trait.

BUT their old crest was so good. Possibly second only to Bayern's.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I quite like it, their old logo was fine of course but this one is cool too.

Terrible marketing though.

RedRover

Great idea.

More like a brand than club gear. They could sell all kinds of clothing with it on and I suspect, if there is an Italian designing it it'll be fairly smart.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It looks nice.

From a graphics design perspective though I'm not entirely sure what I can say about it, in terms of symbolism does it really say Juventus or Turin? not really.

If you look closely though you can see the horse in the outlines of the "J" the same pose (you can see the horse in Atillas post in some of the older logos) with logos like that designers tend to abstract it down to just simple form.

It's probably for branding like most say.

Nick7

bit of gold trim around the outside would look pretty nice. any photoshop wizards able to mock that up?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Black stripes?
I changed my post slightly, black stripes doesn't really say Turin to me, unless there's a Turin flag I'm too lazy to research, I can see the horse from the old Juve logos in the "J" though which is maybe what they were trying to do (abstracted though) it's a bit radical for a football badge though!

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
It's a little unromantic. I don't think it's bad as a symbol (although I don' t think designing it would be beyond the skill of many members of this forum), just not very romantic. And what is football without romance?

All the gumpf that goes along with it ('the Juventus way of living', 'Black and White and More') is nauseating, though.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
I am in the minority here and among Juventus fans but I like that new logo a lot.

I changed my post slightly, black stripes doesn't really say Turin to me, unless there's a Turin flag I'm too lazy to research, I can see the horse from the old Juve logos in the "J" though which is maybe what they were trying to do (abstracted though) it's a bit radical for a football badge though!
The colours of Turin are blue and yellow, that's why we often use these colours for our away and 3rd kit. The new logo has no apparent connection to Turin anymore, but Juventus have long identified as a/the Italian club transcending regional borders. Officially, the symbols are J for Juventus, black and white for our colours and the shape for victory. The first two are obvious, the last one is less obvious. The shape of the logo resembles the shape of the Scudetto badge that is on the shirt of the reigning champions.

Personally, I think the minimalist, clean and efficient design also fits well to the club. We've never been into flashy football for the sake of it. We always cultivated an image of being pragmatic, hard working, efficient, even cold and ruthless. The logo fits well to that identity. I like it a lot.

It's a bold move away from classic football crest, and I love that our management had the balls to do that, although they must have known that at first there would be a huge backlash. It's the way marketing and branding are going. It's an attempt to establish the club as a brand beyond what's usual in football. And apparently, there is more to come. The logo is clearly designed with merchandise in mind. If they come out with some flashy designer clothes and gadgets as well as some innovative new football shirts to accompany this new logo, I think it could work well. The club want to be back among the best in the world, but we are somewhat limited by the state of the Italian economy and football. So doing what everyone else is doing, is not enough. We need go beyond that. This is an attempt to do that. It's bold, and I like it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's not 'bold'; it's the death of football, finally replaced by soulless marketing interests. And I should know - I support a proud club of historic traditions, sponsored by X Men on tractors.

King.of.Red

well, it's indeed bold. :lol: man, what an awful and lazy badge design for a club with long and great history like them. please Ed, dont ever try changing our badge design like juve.

Robertd0803

Is it confirmed it will be on the match jerseys or just the official clothing line?

Either way they do seem to change their badge a lot don't they?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's a fantastic piece of design, however I'm not sure I'd want to replace the club crest with it.
I was thinking that it would have been clever to introduce it as a brand for merchandise and not as a club crest replacement. Run it along side the crest which could appear on replica kit only, and gradually phase out the crest in favour of a by that point well known and associated logo/crest/symbol.

Diver

....and nobody likes a diver.
Watch Diver Shoots His Load In The General
I actually like it, however I can see why it's very divisive. I'm a football fan who doesn't like wearing clothes that scream "football", if printed / presented correctly this could look very smart. I can see a lot of clubs following suit over the coming years. Juve have taken quite a big risk with this design and I respect them for that, it's an attempt to be innovative. Sometimes, simplicity is king and when a large organisation present a new logo which is simplistic I think a lot of people have the general response that it's lazy when in actuality it may be best for the brand and moving with the times. Look at world famous brands like Nike, it's just a tick but it's an effective and iconic design.

Time will tell if this is a good move or not.

youngrell

I quite like it. It is a big step away from a traditional looking football crest, but it caters well to today's world.

It will look good on kits, merchandise and other bits, plus will work very well online for social media etc. I understand why some hate it, because it is so different and a massive change, maybe it will take some time to get used to.

Those claiming they could do it in 5 minutes don't understand the process involved – sure you could now draw it in 5 minutes, but you wouldn't come up with the idea and concept so quickly (unless you were having a lucky, creative day), and then execute it. There would have been dozens of concepts drawn up, this is just the finished article.

Member 39557

It's almost as drastic as Fulham's badge change a few years back.