Kai Havertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

for Bayern, Havertz would make more sense in 21 for sure. Let him stay at Leverkusen for one more year, don't spend a fortune this year and then bring him in while Müller is slowly getting up in age. Wonder if they might agree a deal with Leverkusen now for him to move next year, could make sense for all parties.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
for Bayern, Havertz would make more sense in 21 for sure. Let him stay at Leverkusen for one more year, don't spend a fortune this year and then bring him in while Müller is slowly getting up in age. Wonder if they might agree a deal with Leverkusen now for him to move next year, could make sense for all parties.
Völler is very reluctant when it comes to selling players to Bayern, especially if they try their usual tactics,so it wouldn't make sense for us. It's also questionable if it makes sense for Havertz since he apparently wants a move in the summer, not waiting another year. At the moment, Havertz to Bayern seems unlikely. Chelsea, Real and United appear to be the favourites, if you ask me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think Havertz should not forget this season's first half and look for an intermediate step at a club that plays a well organized attacking style. I could see him struggle at Real.
Staying at Leverkusen for another year might not be the worst option if Corona prices too many clubs out of a move.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I will stop replying since you obviously know more about Müller‘s positioning than me, who has been watching 95% of Bayerns games Over the last 20 years.
That’s probably a good idea.

you seem more hung up on Müller than answering the actual original point. you’d make a good politician!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Also confirmed by Christian Falk.

Unless United make a effort to sign him. I think he could well end up at Chelsea.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

Also confirmed by Christian Falk.

Unless United make a effort to sign him. I think he could well and up at Chelsea.
As much as I don’t want to see him at Chelsea I think it’s an either/or scenario between Havertz and Sancho and we’re simply in more need of Sancho. No way will we spend £200 odd million on 2 players not in this climate.

theklr

As much as I don’t want to see him at Chelsea I think it’s an either/or scenario between Havertz and Sancho and we’re simply in more need of Sancho. No way will we spend £200 odd million on 2 players not in this climate.
Agree. Lets hope that if Chelsea buys him they have to spend around £100 mill. and that he flops entirely:p

How did he play in CL btw?

Womp

idiot
Where would Chelsea utilise him? Havertz is incredible for his age, but he would mostly occupy the same positions that they just bought Ziyech for. Unless they are dropping Tammy and utilising him as some sort of second striker?

ShinjiNinja26

Agree. Lets hope that if Chelsea buys him they have to spend around £100 mill. and that he flops entirely:p

How did he play in CL btw?
If somehow it was possible for us to sign both him and Sancho it would be amazing a real statement that would instantly put us in contention for the title but that’s just dreamland. Other than that the ideal scenario is he joins Bayern, Real Madrid or some other team abroad which I think would be tricky also with other top European sides either prioritising other players or not spending big.

I can’t say I’ve seen much of him in the CL, some highlights and watched a couple of Leverkusen games in the EL but from what I have seen he’s very much the real deal, very talented. Definitely one of the hottest prospects in Europe.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You take Sancho, we'll take Havertz and we'll call it even. Sounds fair to me :)

RUCK4444

This is where Ed should put his hands in his pants and grab a big hand full of balls, slap the money down for Sancho and Havertz and be done with it.

We would be strong in almost every position with the core of the team being young, with some of the best talent in Europe.

It’s not as crazy as it sounds imo. Stagger the payments, hold back in the next window to balance the books. Sell a good few surplus players if need be.
Football and match going fans will be back full swing for next season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is where Ed should put his hands in his pants and grab a big hand full of balls, slap the money down for Sancho and Havertz and be done with it.

We would be strong in almost every position with the core of the team being young, with some of the best talent in Europe.

It’s not as crazy as it sounds imo. Stagger the payments, hold back in the next window to balance the books. Sell a good few surplus players if need be.
Football and match going fans will be back full swing for next season.
The issue is less about the money than it is about what the feck we’re going to do with a Kai Havertz in the team to me!

kirk buttercup

The issue is less about the money than it is about what the feck we’re going to do with a Kai Havertz in the team to me!
----Rashford - ----------------- Sancho ---
-----------‐-------Havertz --------------
Pogba ‐------------------------------Bruno --------------
----------------Matic /McT/Fred ----------------

Martial and Greenwood can swap with the front two . Deadly .

kirk buttercup

Back three?

Shaw --- Maguire --- Wan-Bissaka
No one of Matic/ fred/ McT .

Rashford - ----------------- Sancho ---
----------------Matic /McT/Fred ---------------- -----------shaw - Maguire - Bailly -AWB----
--------------------DeGea ------------------

Web of Bissaka

..what the feck we’re going to do with a Kai Havertz in the team to me!
1) False striker replacing or competing with Martial is an option.

Then there's the future of Pogba not really settled. Seems fine for now, but.. So long term maybe as Pogba's replacement.

2) Midfield creative competition with Bruno and Pogba.

3) LW competition with Sancho and Greenwood. Both of them are new and are still basically unproven in PL.

Web of Bissaka

No one of Matic/ fred/ McT .

Rashford - ----------------- Sancho ---
----------------Matic /McT/Fred ---------------- -----------shaw - Maguire - Bailly -AWB----
--------------------DeGea ------------------
Ah, thought I see Martial name in the lineup before this. Maybe the post were "edited".

Agree with the diamond formation

Womp

idiot
1) False striker replacing or competing with Martial is an option.

Then there's the future of Pogba not really settled. Seems fine for now, but.. So long term maybe as Pogba's replacement.

2) Midfield creative competition with Bruno and Pogba.

3) LW competition with Sancho and Greenwood. Both of them are new and are still basically unproven in PL.
We aren't going to pay the 100m or so required for him to compete with anyone, that's ridiculous. You pay that amount of money for a player that you intend to be one of your star players. Only way this makes any sense for us would be if Pogba was to leave, but that doesn't look likely anymore.

Web of Bissaka

We aren't going to pay the 100m or so required for him to compete with anyone, that's ridiculous. You pay that amount of money for a player that you intend to be one of your star players. Only way this makes any sense for us would be if Pogba was to leave, but that doesn't look likely anymore.
Yes rationally not.
Then the diamond formation is the best option to fit all maybe.

Even if Pogba is staying, and Havertz is available, I think it would be foolish if the club don't even try to get him.

RUCK4444

Yeah I get that. I just think his ceiling is so high we just have to sign him when we have the chance.

Worry about that later :D

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think it is possible to buy both as long as we have revenue to pay for the wages. Bank interest in US is nearly 0%, Utd can always take a loan with a very low interest to funds these purchase. As long as we have make enough money to pay for out overhead. Making champion league would definitely help. Take advantage of the low interest and sign up 1 CB, Sancho and Havertz. It would be a summer where we have the potential to challenge in 2022.

croadyman

I think it is possible to buy both as long as we have revenue to pay for the wages. Bank interest in US is nearly 0%, Utd can always take a loan with a very low interest to funds these purchase. As long as we have make enough money to pay for out overhead. Making champion league would definitely help. Take advantage of the low interest and sign up 1 CB, Sancho and Havertz. It would be a summer where we have the potential to challenge in 2022.
Gutting as it would be to see him sign for Chelsea there is no way we can afford him & Sancho unless we sell Pogba for around £85m

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think if Pogba commits then we Probably won't be signing Havertz. If he doesn't then we'll likely sell him next summer. So maybe signing Havertz may not be prudent for us in the upcoming window which would likely mean he gets snapped up by Chelsea or even Bayern next summer if he's still at Bayer next season. It would be a coup for whichever club signs him no doubt but I feel there's a very talented alternative in Nicolo Zaniolo at Roma who we could potentially sign next summer, and I feel he has immense potential too.

croadyman

I think if Pogba commits then we Probably won't be signing Havertz. If he doesn't then we'll likely sell him next summer. So maybe signing Havertz may not be prudent for us in the upcoming window which would likely mean he gets snapped up by Chelsea or even Bayern next summer if he's still at Bayer next season. It would be a coup for whichever club signs him no doubt but I feel there's a very talented alternative in Nicolo Zaniolo at Roma who we could potentially sign next summer, and I feel he has immense potential too.
I would be surprised if he is still on the market next summer with Chelsea seemingly keen on him now

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I would be surprised if he is still on the market next summer with Chelsea seemingly keen on him now
He probably won't be on the market next summer. But Nicolo Zaniolo might be and he's a similar type of player and is also immensely talented.

beingshe7don

He probably won't be on the market next summer. But Nicolo Zaniolo might be and he's a similar type of player and is also immensely talented.
Italian players usually prefer to remain in Italy and very few of them actually make the step up to the PL. As for Havertz, I really hope he ends up at Bayern if United don't go for him. Chelsea getting Ziyech, Werner, Havertz and Chilwell would definitely make them much stronger and makes it rather ominous for United as making top 4 rather difficult. They've got the Hazard money as well as the money they didn't spend when they had the transfer ban.

I hope the board does not put all of its eggs in the Sancho basket. We definitely need more than Sancho if we are to close the gap and pose any sort of title challenge.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Italian players usually prefer to remain in Italy and very few of them actually make the step up to the PL. As for Havertz, I really hope he ends up at Bayern if United don't go for him. Chelsea getting Ziyech, Werner, Havertz and Chilwell would definitely make them much stronger and makes it rather ominous for United as making top 4 rather difficult. They've got the Hazard money as well as the money they didn't spend when they had the transfer ban.

I hope the board does not put all of its eggs in the Sancho basket. We definitely need more than Sancho if we are to close the gap and pose any sort of title challenge.
You could've said the same for German players in the past too. But the EPL right now is along with La Liga the best league in the world and many young players of Italian heritage would find our competition very enticing. Vialli, Zola Ravanelli, Di Canio and Carbone just to name some were successful in our league in the 90s. I think it could be argued that Italians have a better track record in English football compared to Germans.

Most players of any country would prefer to stay in their home country which is natural. But if the opportunity doesn't arise at a top club or the financial reward isn't great, then they will look elsewhere.

YankManc

People keep on worrying about money spent for United while disregarding Chelsea being rumored to be signing all of Ziyech (secured already), Werner, Chilwell and now Havertz. What am I missing here? Chelsea can all of a sudden spend that money in this market and United can’t?

theklr

People keep on worrying about money spent for United while disregarding Chelsea being rumored to be signing all of Ziyech (secured already), Werner, Chilwell and now Havertz. What am I missing here? Chelsea can all of a sudden spend that money in this market and United can’t?
Chelsea had a transfer ban for two transfer windows while selling Morata and Hazard.
They had around £200 before they started buying.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Where would Chelsea utilise him? Havertz is incredible for his age, but he would mostly occupy the same positions that they just bought Ziyech for. Unless they are dropping Tammy and utilising him as some sort of second striker?
Chelsea ain't signing him, all this is just to put pressure on Bayern

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pretty sure it was just the summer window.
It was but they didn't sign anybody in January so the point still stands. Only signings were Kovacic and Pulisic.

Anyway, while Havertz is talented he's only really played as a striker or an attacking midfielder. All these dreamers talking about him as an inside forward, it's just a completely different skill set.

Cliche Guevara

Chelsea had a transfer ban for two transfer windows while selling Morata and Hazard.
They had around £200 before they started buying.
I’m sure I read Chelsea made a £100m loss last season and they’ve already spent over £100m on Kovacic and Pullisic if I’m not mistaken.

Edit: although upon checking the timeline that might be the same £100m.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yes rationally not.
Then the diamond formation is the best option to fit all maybe.

Even if Pogba is staying, and Havertz is available, I think it would be foolish if the club don't even try to get him.
Pogba, Bruno and Havertz in the team is overkill to me.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It was but they didn't sign anybody in January so the point still stands. Only signings were Kovacic and Pulisic.

Anyway, while Havertz is talented he's only really played as a striker or an attacking midfielder. All these dreamers talking about him as an inside forward, it's just a completely different skill set.
The Whoscored site shows Havertz has played 714 minutes on the right this season, Sancho 821.

GledTheRed

The Whoscored site shows Havertz has played 714 minutes on the right this season, Sancho 821.
Yep, I'm not actually convinced Sancho's best position is on the right tbh. He roams all over the shop for BVB, Havertz is a very real alternative to Sancho if Dortmund insist on being cnuts over a fee for a player they poached.

Status
Not open for further replies.