Kane goes Awol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is costlier than Lukaku. Because even if they're the same level, he's English, the English captain and moving from one English club who don't need to sell, to another club, who have money to burn.

Whether he's better is another argument (one I won't bother getting into on this board due to previous experience) but that of course is not the only thing which decides value.
Are you saying he is worth 150m ?

bond19821982

Why? They both are 28, Kane is easily better player.

If Lukaku is worth 120 million, then Spurs should ask for 150 million for Kane. Looks like Covid is not an excuse anymore looking at the fee.
I dont think Kane is a better player but that's a different discussion. I don't think he is worth that 150m.

Gandalf

Might be giving away my age but this is giving me Pierre van Hooijdonk flashbacks. If Kane really means it and wants to fight dirty enough he will get his move, Levy might want to stick to his guns but he won't want to see his biggest asset refuse to play and trash his value at the same time. City can offer him 100m reasons to rip off the bandaid and move on.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Are you saying he is worth 150m ?
He's worth what Levy says he's worth and what City are willing to pay. If the two don't converge by enough, then he doesn't move.

Is Kane worth only double Ben White? Just over double a Varane with 1 year left on his contract? Less than Lukaku? The same as Graelish? And more particularly, is he worth those amounts to the club selling him, when we'll have to replace his impact on the team?

I personally have no interest in a Saville row suit costing thousands of pounds but have some colleagues who think I'm essentially a simpleton for not owning one. Similarly, they think I'm crazy for the amount of money I spend on football tickets, even though I only go 5-6 times a season now. For me, £80 for a Spurs ticket is worth it. For others, its a ludicrous amount of money. Worth and value are not always objective measures.

If Kane is still here come the end of the transfer window, he'll sharpen up. He cares too much about personal records (like beating Shearer) and the world cup (just a season away) to sit and sulk all season.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think it’s rather important that Spurs don’t just bend over & sell at the behest of Kane/City for less than what they deem reasonable.

If missing training for a few days, gets you a move then it sets a precedent others could follow.

These type of protests rarely work with the immediacy the player/buying club would want & Levy will stand by his guns I’m sure.

Citeh will get their man but it won’t be easy.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
If Lukaku is costing Chelsea 130m euros then surely Kane will be upwards of 150m atleast. English tax and poster boy of English football won't come cheap

Lemansky

The Lukaku transfer is a extremely good bargaining position for Spurs. I earlier tought 150 million was totally unrealistic also taking into account the pandemic. But Lukaku for 120-130… City will need to pay up for sure.

bond19821982

He's worth what Levy says he's worth and what City are willing to pay. If the two don't converge by enough, then he doesn't move.

Is Kane worth only double Ben White? Just over double a Varane with 1 year left on his contract? Less than Lukaku? The same as Graelish? And more particularly, is he worth those amounts to the club selling him, when we'll have to replace his impact on the team?

I personally have no interest in a Saville row suit costing thousands of pounds but have some colleagues who think I'm essentially a simpleton for not owning one. Similarly, they think I'm crazy for the amount of money I spend on football tickets, even though I only go 5-6 times a season now. For me, £80 for a Spurs ticket is worth it. For others, its a ludicrous amount of money. Worth and value are not always objective measures.

If Kane is still here come the end of the transfer window, he'll sharpen up. He cares too much about personal records (like beating Shearer) and the world cup (just a season away) to sit and sulk all season.
Well, then simply you don't have intention of selling. Be honest and tell he isn't for sale, which is perfectly fine from a Spurs standpoint.

Comparing his value against similar players and saying he is worth more than that is simply not a practical way of dealing things.

I don't care if he stays or moves but if I am being neutral, 100-125m would be the right value for Kane.

Hulksmash

Watching spurs Game.

There’s no way Kane comes back to this Spurs squad. They are awful, horrible and Nuno is parking the bus more then Mourinho.

Tottenham is done for the next 5 years

slored1

Watching spurs Game.

There’s no way Kane comes back to this Spurs squad. They are awful, horrible and Nuno is parking the bus more then Mourinho.

Tottenham is done for the next 5 years
I am also watching. As expected Nuno is just a worse Mourinho. Terrible appointment.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well, then simply you don't have intention of selling. Be honest and tell he isn't for sale, which is perfectly fine from a Spurs standpoint.

Comparing his value against similar players and saying he is worth more than that is simply not a practical way of dealing things.

I don't care if he stays or moves but if I am being neutral, 100-125m would be the right value for Kane.
What do you mean be honest? We've already said he isn't for sale.

Im not sure what you mean about comparing against similar players though. Of course that dictates things. 20 years ago, the thought of buying someone like Kane or Lukaku for a 9 figure sum would have been an absolutely ridiculous proposition. The value of players in that interim period has shaped what the values of players are now.

Godfather

It feels wrong but a part of me wishes he joins them so we have a clear path to Haaland

KennyBurner

I think it’s rather important that Spurs don’t just bend over & sell at the behest of Kane/City for less than what they deem reasonable.

If missing training for a few days, gets you a move then it sets a precedent others could follow.

These type of protests rarely work with the immediacy the player/buying club would want & Levy will stand by his guns I’m sure.

Citeh will get their man but it won’t be easy.
Lukaku and Didonkeyria already did that. These players know what they are doing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Tottenham don't have the stature or finances to purchase a top striker or a top player. In the food chain they are below the elite but amongst the best of the rest. They are closer to Leicester than United in terms of top-player attractiveness.
They are a selling club, just like Everton, Real Sociedad and Monaco. They should take the money and reinvest in some younger shrewder purchases that cover multiple positions.
If Kane was from the Leicester/Everton youth system and was without a contract, would he even look at Tottenham today.
Yeah, god forbid clubs have aspirations of joining the elite. They should sell top talent at reasonable prices to top clubs, and know their place. Insolent bastards.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The Lukaku transfer is a extremely good bargaining position for Spurs. I earlier tought 150 million was totally unrealistic also taking into account the pandemic. But Lukaku for 120-130… City will need to pay up for sure.
Yeah that’s true. I don’t agree about any of the prices but if lukaku is £110 million then Kane is surely worth £150.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Who else would really have money for Haaland next summer? Genuinely got to be just us…
Chelsea just bid 100m for freaking Lukaku. They, like City, have all the money needed. Then there's PSG that might lose Mbappe next year. And Leandowski will be 34 next year, so Bayern might looking for replacement. The list is never ending.

Gazza

Might be giving away my age but this is giving me Pierre van Hooijdonk flashbacks. If Kane really means it and wants to fight dirty enough he will get his move, Levy might want to stick to his guns but he won't want to see his biggest asset refuse to play and trash his value at the same time. City can offer him 100m reasons to rip off the bandaid and move on.
Van Hooijdonk didn't get his move for another year iirc, he had to return eventually to Forest and deal with abuse from fans and the cold shoulder from his teammates, who wouldn't celebrate goals with him.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
van hoijdoonk did that in protest because the club were selling their best players

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Eh? it definitely is. I know loads of people that have done their ankles and they've remained weak ever since.

Once you damage ligaments they're always prone to rolling ankles, the strength is simply not there like it once was.
Nope. Not true at all.

SAFMUTD

Looking how City just paid 100M for Grealish and how Chelsea is offering 100-120M for Lukaku I dont think anyone can blame Levy for asking 150M for Kane.

mav_9me

If Lukaku is costing Chelsea 130m euros then surely Kane will be upwards of 150m atleast. English tax and poster boy of English football won't come cheap
Exactly. Key aspect here. Kane and this drama might help bring it down but then Lukaku's final price wont help CIty's position

CG1010

Premier league transfer market has gone bonkers.. what impact of Covid? At the same time as Spainsh clubs are finding themselves to be skint.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The english poster boy who doesnt speak english. He's speaking kane lingo.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I dont think Kane is a better player but that's a different discussion. I don't think he is worth that 150m.
It's all relative. If Lukaku is worth 120 million then Kane is easily worth 150 million.

Malcusss

Those gratuitous, irrelevant pot shots at Tottenham are so tedious. They are a club who live within their means and they have every right to ask as much as they deem necessary for Kane, who they created. Glaston notwithstanding, their fans are also usually pretty cool.

I don't know precisely what's a reasonable price, but when we start comparing to other transfers and potential transfers, it becomes immediately apparent that they have every right to ask for much more than 100m pounds from Manchester fecking city, a club with as close to infinite resources as you're gonna find. It would be silly to do otherwise. Guy has 3 years left on his contract ffs.

roonster09

Scout
Looking how City just paid 100M for Grealish and how Chelsea is offering 100-120M for Lukaku I dont think anyone can blame Levy for asking 150M for Kane.
I hope they stick to their asking price and get more than 150 million. Other transfers should be used as the starting point for Spurs.

roonster09

Scout
Has there ever been a player who has done this kind of theatrics and than went on to have a great season?
I always feel when players start messing like this, they tend to slump.
Coutinho, he had "Back injury" during transfer window, had very good 6 months and moved on.

Modric also had very good season and then was sold to Madrid.

Number32

Has there ever been a player who has done this kind of theatrics and than went on to have a great season?
I always feel when players start messing like this, they tend to slump.
Gareth Bale?

Pretty sure it's nothing new for Tottenham and Levy.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Normally I would say the player is wrong, however, Levy has previous. I feel really sorry for Harry because he does not seem like the kind of guy who would down tools. I think Harry might suffer from this but let's wait and see.

The Red Thinker

Daniel Levy has made a mess of things ever since the stadium opened. Seemingly every decision he's made has been an unmitigated disaster. Poch was let go. Mourinho came and he left swiftly. Not before ensuring Delle Alli had the worst season of his life. Attempted to join the Super League. Leaves Tottenham in shambles outside the CL. Gets Paratici as sporting director, but seemingly couldn't find a top tier manager. Then loses all control of the Harry Kane situation.

Epic failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.