Kanye West why?

lsd

The Oracle
I mean, he is obviously seriously mentally ill though isn’t he?
Why is this nonsense excuse constantly being bought up?

We may as well excuse every single bad act ever committed by any person as well they must just be mentally ill.

Kanye knows exactly what he is doing. He knows his words are hurtful and wrong and he is still doing it.

It's got nothing to do with being mentally ill not is it too so with losing his mother as I've heard too.

I didn't turn into a Nazi when mine passed away not did any others I know.

He is a complete prick and a total scumbag

lsd

The Oracle
Can he not get into legal trouble for all this Nazi propogation? I know in the UK people have been getting in trouble for having extremist materials.

We need to send him to Germany to say it

Last edited:

Cloud7

Is he not diagnosed bipolar? Not that I have much sympathy for him, but I thought that had been confirmed, and the way he acts certainly matches up with unmedicated bipolar, doesn't it?
The manic phase of BPD encompasses the following:

1. Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
  2. Decreased need for sleep
  3. Increased talkativeness
  4. Racing thoughts
  5. Distracted easily
  6. Increase in goal-directed activity or psychomotor agitation
  7. Engaging in activities that hold the potential for painful consequences, e.g., unrestrained buying sprees
There may also be BPD with psychotic features.

None of these things make you an Anti Semite/Neo Nazi unless you were already one before.

Steven Seagull

Why is this nonsense excuse constantly being bought up?

We may as well excuse every single bad act ever committed by any person as well they must just be mentally ill.

Kanye knows exactly what he is doing. He knows his words are hurtful and wrong and he is still doing it.

It's got nothing to do with being mentally ill not is it too so with losing his mother as I've heard too.

I didn't turn into a Nazi when mine passed away not did any others I know.

He is a complete prick and a total scumbag
so you don’t think he’s mentally ill? Or do you just believe everybody who is mentally ill should act the same way

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
so you don’t think he’s mentally ill? Or do you just believe everybody who is mentally ill should act the same way
You are showing a total lack of understanding of mental illness in this thread, yet you just keep on posting about it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m curious why you’ve seemingly ignored this reply to an earlier post of yours:

I don't think anyone is dismissing it, they just don't like that it's being used as a vague mitigation or some reason we should engage with someone championing Hitler with anything other than disdain.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Am I going to have to draw a venn diagram to illustrate the point that cnuts can also be mentally ill whilst still being a cnut?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Didn't David Bowie have a nazi phase as well? "Hitler was the first rock star".

The man child could grow out of it.

Steven Seagull

I’m curious why you’ve seemingly ignored this reply to an earlier post of yours:
I didn’t see the post.

I don’t see any other scenario in civilised society where mental illness wouldn’t be used as a vague mitigation for doing heinous things. Dont you think being mentally ill does in fact offer some mitigation for doing mental things? It certainly would in court which is probably where all this is heading.

He shouldn’t be engaged with but without knowing just how mentally ill he is it’s hard to know what level of blame to apportion to him. I’m more concerned that this will end with him hurting somebody else than I am of him shouting I love hitler with a pair of tights on his head

Red Star One

It is funny though that apart from his idiotic nazi rant the last tweet was topless Musk :lol:

feck me, rich people in States really do live on another planet

youngrell

I didn’t see the post.

I don’t see any other scenario in civilised society where mental illness wouldn’t be used as a vague mitigation for doing heinous things. Dont you think being mentally ill does in fact offer some mitigation for doing mental things? It certainly would in court which is probably where all this is heading.

He shouldn’t be engaged with but without knowing just how mentally ill he is it’s hard to know what level of blame to apportion to him. I’m more concerned that this will end with him hurting somebody else than I am of him shouting I love hitler with a pair of tights on his head
Full blame.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What were they?
2018: When rap star Kanye West met with President Trump on Thursday, he floated the idea of ditching Trump's Air Force One in favor of an “iPlane 1” that he said should be manufactured by Apple. West showed a proposed image of the hydrogen-powered plane to Trump and his son-in-law

2018: US rapper Kanye West has said the enslavement of African Americans over centuries may have been a "choice". "When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice," he said during an appearance on the entertainment site TMZ

2016: Not many people, it’s fair to say, supported Bill Cosby in 2016. Kanye, however, declared “Bill Cosby Innocent” in a tweet (Cosby was not, in fact, innocent).

2009: A simply unforgettable controversy. During the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Kanye once more stormed the stage, this time to question Swift winning the award for Best Female Video.

2021: Kanye cited “personal reasons” for changing his name to Ye, he stated in the past in a radio interview, “I believe ‘ye’ is the most commonly used word in the Bible, and in the Bible it means you. So I’m you, I’m us, it’s us.”

2007: Going ballistic backstage at the VMAs. For someone who continues to dismiss awards, Kanye always seems engaged with them and easily offended. Back in 2007, the rapper was outraged that he lost all five of the awards he was nominated for and that he hadn’t been asked to play on the main stage like Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears. His response? Throwing a fit backstage and threatening to never attend the MTV VMAs ever again. As we all know, he did not hold to that threat, although Taylor Swift probably wished he did.

2014: When Kanye told fans at a concert in Sydney to get on their feet, he expected everyone to do it – including a person in a wheelchair who couldn’t physically comply with the rapper’s demands. Kanye wasn’t thrilled at all and said that he couldn’t sing until everyone stood up. As for the person in the wheelchair? To quote “OK, well, we gotta wait then.” That would be a long time waiting, yet the rapper made it a point to complain how “unbelievable” it is that he had to pause for so long. The crowd booed.

2020: During one of his rallies, Kanye caused a commotion by ranting about the prestigious historical figure, ******* Tubman. Tubman was an African American woman who escaped slavery, helped enslaved Black men and women travel to freedom and fought for the Union during the Civil War. While many admire her experiences, Kanye shut them down during his run as president claiming Tubamn “never actually freed the slaves, she just had them work for other white people.”

2021: If Kanye has one way of getting attention, it’s by associating himself with controversial people. Right when Marilyn Manson and DaBaby were facing respective sexual assault and anti-gay allegations against them, Kanye decided to bring them out on stage with him during the listening event for his album Donda

2019: Kanye didn’t get off to a good start in early 2019 when he publicly defended R Kelly. Despite the widespread condemnation of the singer following the release of the documentary, Surviving R Kelly, Ye outrageously claimed that fans should continue to listen to his music and that we should separate the art from the artist.

2020: During his appearance on Revolt TV’s Drinks Champs podcast (which has now been pulled from YouTube), Kanye made a monstrous claim that George Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose instead of police brutality. Discussing the victim who was murdered by Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin in May 2020 as well as the Candace Owens documentary The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM, Kanye said, “They hit him with the fentanyl. If you look, the guy’s knee wasn’t even on his neck like that. They said he screamed for his mama; mama was his girlfriend. It’s in the documentary.”

2021: Kanye West said the #MeToo movement is "1984 mind control" on the Drinks Champs podcast.

Feel free to just google this shit. It's a continued streak of asshole behaviour from a complete, unhinged narcissist who compares himself to Jesus/God and thinks that he is the greatest person ever. Just another false profit(phet) that capitalism has created and put up onto a pedastal, who's toxic behaviour and awful personality was hidden because he sold shoes and records. Now he doesn't have the cover and has gone publically rogue, we get to see him for who he has always been. It's the same with Musk - this allure of the tech genius who is sending humanity to Mars is shown to be bullshit because his public utterings are being closely watched.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I didn’t see the post.

Do you assign the same mental health justifications to characters like Alex Jones? What about Donald Trump, or the leaders of the January 6 insurrection efforts? The proud boys?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ye doesnt say the shite he does because of his issues, but saying it plays no part whatsoever is weird. I'm far more experienced in dealing with severly bi-polar people than I wish on anyone and it can makes you say absolutely insanely hurtful things just for the sake of it. Kanye is too consistent in his madness to attribute most of it to mental illness, but none of it? Unlikely.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
neither of us know that. I think he’s been very unwell for a long time as he has himself admitted. Being a thoroughly unlikeable man at the same time doesn’t negate that.
We do know that. We know it because it is not a symptom or a result of mental illness, certainly not Bi-Polar which is what supposedly he has been diagnosed with (though at this stage I'd say there is every chance it's actually a personality disorder he has).

Last edited:

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
The manic phase of BPD encompasses the following:

1. Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
  2. Decreased need for sleep
  3. Increased talkativeness
  4. Racing thoughts
  5. Distracted easily
  6. Increase in goal-directed activity or psychomotor agitation
  7. Engaging in activities that hold the potential for painful consequences, e.g., unrestrained buying sprees
There may also be BPD with psychotic features.

None of these things make you an Anti Semite/Neo Nazi unless you were already one before.
All very true.

Steven Seagull

Do you assign the same mental health justifications to characters like Alex Jones? What about Donald Trump, or the leaders of the January 6 insurrection efforts? The proud boys?
I think there’s plenty of evidence to suggest the former 2 are not unwell and prey on gullible people to make money and gain power which is wholly more sinister. The latter are probably a mix of a few vulnerable thicko’s mixed in with a lot of actual calculated racist nutters who also use them as fodder. Same as the EDL, ISIS, and any other extremist group

Dan_F

2018: When rap star Kanye West met with President Trump on Thursday, he floated the idea of ditching Trump's Air Force One in favor of an “iPlane 1” that he said should be manufactured by Apple. West showed a proposed image of the hydrogen-powered plane to Trump and his son-in-law

2018: US rapper Kanye West has said the enslavement of African Americans over centuries may have been a "choice". "When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice," he said during an appearance on the entertainment site TMZ

2016: Not many people, it’s fair to say, supported Bill Cosby in 2016. Kanye, however, declared “Bill Cosby Innocent” in a tweet (Cosby was not, in fact, innocent).

2009: A simply unforgettable controversy. During the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, Kanye once more stormed the stage, this time to question Swift winning the award for Best Female Video.

2021: Kanye cited “personal reasons” for changing his name to Ye, he stated in the past in a radio interview, “I believe ‘ye’ is the most commonly used word in the Bible, and in the Bible it means you. So I’m you, I’m us, it’s us.”

2007: Going ballistic backstage at the VMAs. For someone who continues to dismiss awards, Kanye always seems engaged with them and easily offended. Back in 2007, the rapper was outraged that he lost all five of the awards he was nominated for and that he hadn’t been asked to play on the main stage like Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears. His response? Throwing a fit backstage and threatening to never attend the MTV VMAs ever again. As we all know, he did not hold to that threat, although Taylor Swift probably wished he did.

2014: When Kanye told fans at a concert in Sydney to get on their feet, he expected everyone to do it – including a person in a wheelchair who couldn’t physically comply with the rapper’s demands. Kanye wasn’t thrilled at all and said that he couldn’t sing until everyone stood up. As for the person in the wheelchair? To quote “OK, well, we gotta wait then.” That would be a long time waiting, yet the rapper made it a point to complain how “unbelievable” it is that he had to pause for so long. The crowd booed.

2020: During one of his rallies, Kanye caused a commotion by ranting about the prestigious historical figure, ******* Tubman. Tubman was an African American woman who escaped slavery, helped enslaved Black men and women travel to freedom and fought for the Union during the Civil War. While many admire her experiences, Kanye shut them down during his run as president claiming Tubamn “never actually freed the slaves, she just had them work for other white people.”

2021: If Kanye has one way of getting attention, it’s by associating himself with controversial people. Right when Marilyn Manson and DaBaby were facing respective sexual assault and anti-gay allegations against them, Kanye decided to bring them out on stage with him during the listening event for his album Donda

2019: Kanye didn’t get off to a good start in early 2019 when he publicly defended R Kelly. Despite the widespread condemnation of the singer following the release of the documentary, Surviving R Kelly, Ye outrageously claimed that fans should continue to listen to his music and that we should separate the art from the artist.

2020: During his appearance on Revolt TV’s Drinks Champs podcast (which has now been pulled from YouTube), Kanye made a monstrous claim that George Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose instead of police brutality. Discussing the victim who was murdered by Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin in May 2020 as well as the Candace Owens documentary The Greatest Lie Ever Sold: George Floyd and the Rise of BLM, Kanye said, “They hit him with the fentanyl. If you look, the guy’s knee wasn’t even on his neck like that. They said he screamed for his mama; mama was his girlfriend. It’s in the documentary.”

2021: Kanye West said the #MeToo movement is "1984 mind control" on the Drinks Champs podcast.

Feel free to just google this shit. It's a continued streak of asshole behaviour from a complete, unhinged narcissist who compares himself to Jesus/God and thinks that he is the greatest person ever. Just another false profit(phet) that capitalism has created and put up onto a pedastal, who's toxic behaviour and awful personality was hidden because he sold shoes and records. Now he doesn't have the cover and has gone publically rogue, we get to see him for who he has always been. It's the same with Musk - this allure of the tech genius who is sending humanity to Mars is shown to be bullshit because his public utterings are being closely watched.
I’m not sure why you’ve wasted your time posting stuff from the last 5 years or so. I specifically said he wasn’t considered a piece of shit for large parts of his career in response to your claim that he’s always been a piece of shit. You’ve got being a knob at award shows as evidence for the first 15 years of his career.

I think I’ll just bow out from the discussion as I have no interest in coming across as someone defending him, which is how it kind of feels you’re taking my posts. If you have the opinion that he’s always been a racist, anti semite piece of shit, then that’s okay. I don’t, but I don’t think either of us can really prove that’s the case.

AlPistacho

Did Elon ban him for his Nazi/Hitler comments or because he posted a picture of Elon being fat? So one pointed out that another controversial figure also only got banned after mocking Elon

AlPistacho

Kanye is an odd one. I actually watched his interview with Pierce Morgan yesterday. He said a lot of good things. Praised the Jewish community, mentioned his envy that Jewish and other communities work together but the black community get paid to rap about murdering each other. He also said something about some designer brands sexualising children. Recently there’s been Balenciaga gate.

But then he says the most outlandish, offensive, sometimes childish things eg his comments about Hitler, or generalising the Jews as being the media etc. While I get some of his points about the “rap” culture and how record labels also incite violence. I think it’s best shuts up and gets given a time out.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Kanye is an odd one. I actually watched his interview with Pierce Morgan yesterday. He said a lot of good things. Praised the Jewish community, mentioned his envy that Jewish and other communities work together but the black community get paid to rap about murdering each other. He also said something about some designer brands sexualising children. Recently there’s beenBalenciaga gate.

But then he says the most outlandish, offensive, sometimes childish things eg his comments about Hitler, or generalising the Jews as being the media etc. While I get some of his points about the “rap” culture and how record labels also incite violence. I think it’s best shuts up and gets given a time out.
He's a rabid anti-Semite, so no praise of elements of Jewish culture reverses that or is even relevant. It's insane logic.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's a rabid anti-Semite, so no praise of elements of Jewish culture reverses that or is even relevant. It's insane logic.
But he said he's Jewish. Ye is always 2 steps ahead thanks to his yeezys!

AlPistacho

Not saying it reverses the appalling things he said. But I agree with the good things he said and also agree that young black people are paid to rap about killing each other, and we even see it in the U.K. with gang members/ grime artists starting fights with each other, often leading to fatalities, just so their music videos get more views.

Is that YouTube’s fault or a society that eggs them on? A bit of both, but YouTube are paying teenagers and young men, mostly black, but always from specific areas to record and publish songs that talk about things such as beef, people getting stabbed/shot and killed etc.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I never got the impression that was the case through the first couple of albums or pre the death of his mother. For whatever reason, he seemed to go off the rails at some point and clearly had no one around him to give him the correct guidance and support.
Kanye is very, very unwell and anyone that says otherwise is either too close to it or not close enough. The shift in his views and behaviour over the last 15 years has been remarkable.
Kanye has only been a public figure for 18 years, since the release of College Dropout in 2004. His mother died in 2007. It is possible, likely even, that we simply didn't know him well enough for those 3 years.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Not saying it reverses the appalling things he said. But I agree with the good things he said and also agree that young black people are paid to rap about killing each other, and we even see it in the U.K. with gang members/ grime artists starting fights with each other, often leading to fatalities, just so their music videos get more views.

Is that YouTube’s fault or a society that eggs them on? A bit of both, but YouTube are paying teenagers and young men, mostly black, but always from specific areas to record and publish songs that talk about things such as beef, people getting stabbed/shot and killed etc.

Nobody is 100% relentlessly bad, nobody hasn't said some good things, buy they do become less valid when you see/hear the bad.

We had high mortality and murder rates in poor and socially excluded sections of society way before Youtube. As for rap related murders, TuPac was killed in 1996.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I’m not sure why you’ve wasted your time posting stuff from the last 5 years or so. I specifically said he wasn’t considered a piece of shit for large parts of his career in response to your claim that he’s always been a piece of shit. You’ve got being a knob at award shows as evidence for the first 15 years of his career.
You are downplaying an event that was serious enough for the President of the United States of America to call him a jackass.

People's opinions have just become stronger because 1) his jackassery is more political in nature now, and 2) because his music has sucked shit for a decade.

AlPistacho

Kanye has only been a public figure for 18 years, since the release of College Dropout in 2004. His mother died in 2007. It is possible, likely even, that we simply didn't know him well enough for those 3 years.
He did the Taylor Swift thing in 2009. Just googled Kanye most controversial moments. And most of it, a pretty long list is skewed to post 2020. First main thing was the 2009, but also he had a rant in 2007 about not winning an award. His G W Bush “ doesn’t care about black people” comment was in 2005 but by itself that was just someone stating facts.
list starts picking up from about 2016.

https://www.telltalesonline.com/20774/kanye-west-controversial-moments/