Music Kasabian

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Album is quality. Vlad The Impaler, Thick As Thieves, Secret Alphabet and Where Did All The Love Go? are top tunes.

nooshka

Saw them last night at the millenium stadium, they were good but not as good as Oasis, who were fecking amazing.

narnar

Needs Help
Seen them there on the 22nd June. They were excellent and I liked the choice of venue, despite it smelling like rotting turnips.

It was held in St. Georges market for any of yous who know Belfast, didn't quite fill out but was a good crowd. Fanny was spot on at it too.

Think they only played about 4/5 new songs and the rest were older hits. Only song I didn't enjoy was the Doberman.

Drinks were a fecking disgrace though, 3.50 for a half pint of anythin and 4 quid for a vodka and coke which wasn't too bad I suppose.

The support act were gash, some electro type shite from down south. Can't remember what they were called now, and I don't particularly want to.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Anyone heard the new album yet?

Not really any stand out tunes unlike the previous one, but on first impressions I think I still like it.

gaz1185

Anyone heard the new album yet?

Not really any stand out tunes unlike the previous one, but on first impressions I think I still like it.
Yeah listened to it last night & half of it this morning. Again like a few albums of late, it doesn't come across great on the first listen... maybe I had too high expectations for it but I was really looking forward to this album. :(

It was sounding a little better on my second listen this morning, but the stand out tunes for me have already been released. Velociraptor itself being the 3rd best track. I'll definitely keep giving it a listen, I feel it could be a grower.

Oh and stand out tracks unlike the previous 1? You mean unlike the previous 3?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Didn't like their second album apart from about two songs. The first I loved most of the songs so none really stood out.

Not sure where I rate this one yet but it was a decent listen first time around. The two songs they'd already released grew on me after I initially didn't think that much of them.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Kasabian albums are growers for me, except for Empire, which was rubbish apart from the first two tracks.

gaz1185

Me Plus One, Stuntman, British Legion & The Doberman are all pretty good tracks on Empire, but admittedly you may have to be in the mood to listen to them!

As much as the new album sounds good so far and may grow over more listens, there's no in your face / jump out tracks which 'West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum' had on the first listen; Fast Fuse, Vlad The Impaler, Underdog & Fire were all quality tracks and stood out right from the start! But they were probably some of Kasbian's finest tracks and this album was always going to have a challenge to live up to it's expectations after WRPLA.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Right, any of you heard the new album yet?

Didn't quite take to it like their previous albums, but it has grown on me. Unlike their previous albums though, there doesn't seem to me, to be a stand out track. Underdog, Stuntman, Doberman, Vlad, Club Foot etc.

gaz1185

Right, any of you heard the new album yet?

Didn't quite take to it like their previous albums, but it has grown on me. Unlike their previous albums though, there doesn't seem to me, to be a stand out track. Underdog, Stuntman, Doberman, Vlad, Club Foot etc.
Errr... we were all talking about it above :lol:

But yeah you're right, at first there doesn't seem to be a stand out track like the previous albums. But after listening to this on repeat for the last few days Velociraptor!, I Hear Voices and Re-Wired are quality tracks and along with Days Are Forgotten easily the best lot on the album!

Sir A1ex

After absolutely loving the opening barage of singlesm, and first album I kind of lost Kasabian with the, let's be honest, slightly wanky glam-rock 2nd album.
Didn't pay much attentnio to the 3rd, maybe wrongly so, but the ubiquitous single off the new album sounds very much like they're trying to retun to their early sound... does that hold for the rest of the new album?

KiD MoYeS

Errr... we were all talking about it above :lol:

But yeah you're right, at first there doesn't seem to be a stand out track like the previous albums. But after listening to this on repeat for the last few days Velociraptor!, I Hear Voices and Re-Wired are quality tracks and along with Days Are Forgotten easily the best lot on the album!
My bad... Saw that. Hate scrolling through pages.

Velociraptor!, Switchblade Smiles and Acid Turkish Bath are my favourites so far.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
After absolutely loving the opening barage of singlesm, and first album I kind of lost Kasabian with the, let's be honest, slightly wanky glam-rock 2nd album.
Didn't pay much attentnio to the 3rd, maybe wrongly so, but the ubiquitous single off the new album sounds very much like they're trying to retun to their early sound... does that hold for the rest of the new album?
Not sure I'd say that. There's a few tracks on there that sound old school Kasabian but it's not the same raw sound as with the first album. It's easily closer to the mark than their second album though, and not sure what I prefer out of this and the last one yet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just got back from seeing them at the O2, pretty damn good. Though some of the gayest mosh pits I've ever seen. I also think I saw Mockney.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They were fecking ace at the O2 last night. Managed to completely cock up the new year countdown too, which was funny. Tom Meighan IS begining to dress increasingly like Bono, which is a major concern.

Not a huge fan of Chase & Status, but they were perfect NYE, get drunk and jump around to music as well.

KiD MoYeS

Off to see them on Thursday, looking forward to seeing what kind of set they play and how much they play from Velociraptor!

This'll be my third time seeing them.

Also, Maverick Sabre one of the supporting acts. :drool:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Going to see them at a great venue in Paris at the end of April, first concert they're doing with songs of their new album (to be released in June) I think. Saw them twice, once as the group before Oasis at Wembley, the other time in Paris at a big concert hall, I'm surprised they're doing this in a small place, one of my favourite in Paris as well. Looking forward to it.

KiD MoYeS

New single.
New album, 48:13, is to be released June 2nd. No word on a Dublin gig yet. :(

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Lucky bastard, they're playing Galway and Limerick, have yet to announce a Dublin gig... Hoping they're due to play a festival instead, Electric Picnic would be ace. :drool:

Seriously though, they're one of my favourite live acts to go see, never miss them. I'd imagine they'll play a lot of new material on Wednesday, judging by the single it seems very dance.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
New single is horrid. Please don't say the whole album is like that.

KiD MoYeS

New single is horrid. Please don't say the whole album is like that.
Its certainly different, I wouldn't describe it as horrid. Its seems quite a lot more pop and dance orientated though, and its probably the most underwhelming first single I've heard from them, but I can see it growing on me to be honest.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
They're great fun live.
Yeah I've already seen them a couple of times live. I like their studio stuff fine, but I think they're definitely one of those bands that are just (r)elevated a level or two on stage. Huge amounts of energy and enthusiasm, they just love being there. First gig to launch their new album in a fantastic little concert hall in Paris, it's gonna be great! :)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can't believe it's Kasabian song, sounds absolutely terrible!

Going to see them in Warsaw in June, hope they're not going to have songs like this on the album and then play them at the concert, I'd be extremely disappointed.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I want to say what I really think about that single, but I can't because we're being watched by google.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Another song off the album. An upgrade on Eez-Eh. Sounds similar too "I Hear Voices" with a bit off the first Album.

Rooney in Paris

Scout
Saw them last night, was immense. Setlist:

1. Bumblebee (new album)
  2. Shoot the runner
  3. Underdog
  4. Fast fuse
  5. Days are forgotten
  6. Me plus one
  7. Running battle
  8. Take aim
  9. Club foot
  10. Where did all the love go?
  11. Beanz (new album)
  12. Re-Wired
  13. Empire
  14. Eez-eh (new album)
  15. Switchblade smiles (Encore)
  16. Vlad the impaler (Encore)
  17. Fire (Encore)
I think Beanz from the new album is just a B-side though, I think that's what Sergio said but he was completely smashed so it was hard to understand. Bumblebee was very good, Eez-eh was okay live, the crowd was bouncing and the band played it with huge enthusiasm. Beanz was absolute shite though, so I'm hoping it'll be a B side.

The rest of their stuff was cool, some of their songs and bloody brilliant live (Underdog, Club foot, Take aim, Switchblade smiles, Vlad the impaler, Re-wired and Fire must just be the best song to be played live, so much fun to jump around on it). They were in a great mood, they were happy to be back after so long and they had loads of energy. Wasn't the longest concert I've been too (about 1h30), but it was great fun and I had a great time. The crowd was great, I love the concert hall it was at, so I had a brilliant time!