Kashmir

MJJ

As an American, I am sorry to say that Bob Menendez and Eliot Engel have very little influence on anything in this country. One of them almost lost re-election in a strong Democratic state due to a corruption scandal. With that said however, let's look at the actual statement (not the mashed up quote you hijacked):

"As the world’s largest democracy, India has an opportunity to demonstrate for all its citizens the importance of protecting and promoting equal rights, including freedom of assembly, access to information, and equal protections under the law. Transparency and political participation are the cornerstones of representative democracies, and we hope the Indian government will abide by these principles in Jammu and Kashmir. And at the same time Pakistan must refrain from any retaliatory aggression—including support for infiltrations across the Line of Control—and take demonstrable action against the terrorist infrastructure on Pakistan’s soil.”

Let me translate this for you from an American perspective: "we trust and expect India to follow global democratic norms when it comes to the treatment of its people and we expect that the Indian goverment will follow these in due course. We are also concerned that Pakistan will be opportunistic in inciting terrorist/military actions in J&K so we warn them to not interfere in the present situation and to improve their efforts in removing terrorist infrastructure on its soil". This is how the few Americans who actually would have taken time to read this statement (nothing said about it in our media) would interpret it.
Thanks for that. I wasnt aware American is another language. Everything is clearer.

Although you missed the translation where it says sport2793 is the smartest of all, atleast that's what google tells me.

You have also had Corbyn tweeting about indias human rights violation and all the worlds media going against indias propaganda.

Guess somebody didn't tell Forbes to speak american.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/charle...aders-question-modi-india-on-kashmiri-rights/

Sanche7

@MJJ, you have made this point like a million times already in the three pages I've read and majority of the Indian posters agree that this is not the way things should be handled in Kashmir. I don't know why you keep saying the same thing over and over again in different ways from different sources other than to just show how shite the government is and how big of a terrorist Modi is. As I said before, you are not fighting for the people of Kashmir, you are using this as an opportunity to throw shite at India. Indians called Pakistani Government terrorists, so now we call the Indian Government terrorists. Tit for tat. Sadly the same is happening between the Governments of both countries and unfortunately its the people of Kashmir who are caught in the crossfire

Patrick08

@MJJ, you have made this point like a million times already in the three pages I've read and majority of the Indian posters agree that this is not the way things should be handled in Kashmir. I don't know why you keep saying the same thing over and over again in different ways from different sources other than to just show how shite the government is and how big of a terrorist Modi is. As I said before, you are not fighting for the people of Kashmir, you are using this as an opportunity to throw shite at India. Indians called Pakistani Government terrorists, so now we call the Indian Government terrorists. Tit for tat. Sadly the same is happening between the Governments of both countries and unfortunately its the people of Kashmir who are caught in the crossfire
Because no one listens to them and their outright lies anymore. They never learn. They have always been a war economy and that paint hindus and Muslims can never live together and they always want to keep fighting as if not their founding fathers vision becomes rubbish.

MJJ

It's a forum, I am allowed to post whatever I want. If I repeat a source, please let me know.

If you don't like what I am posting, feel free to use the ignore button.

And no indian i have ever met has ever called pakistani government terrorists, and i don't much care what the posters here say.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
OK, Let me break this into segments:

Right to Education is a fundamental right under Constitution of India. J&K have not ratified this under 370. Now this will apply and Kashmiri children's right to education will be protected by Indian Constitution.

Majority of India just laughs at these gaffe's and widespread implementation of bakht stuff in textbooks is something no Indian even remotely considers as a serious issue. Only people with agenda will try to use that as a stick. Idiot politicians are not a novelty in any country. And you can google "textbook revisionism in Pakistan" for similar instances too.

I never said 370 was responsible for violence. All I said was ending it will lead to peace. Below is my quote you must be referring to:

and my reply to it:
Your post addressed nothing about the points I raised about education and rewriting textbooks with false stuffs, nor about 370 just like your previous attempts other then to claim everything will be alright with abrogation of 370 based on nothing.

And kudos for somehow bringing Pakistan into topic of Education.
Let’s now degrade and set Pakistan as a benchmark and compare us with them instead of first world countries to see improvements. Bhakt logic at its best.

Vanya

:houllier: You think I am going to be clean bowled on your googly?

I meant that 370 and 35 A withheld indian democracy and constitution to solidify its roots in the state of J and K. There was Sham democracy in J and K even uptil the start of terrorism proxy war by Pakistan. Common people never benefitted from Keeping 370 and 35 A just because the corrupt families who run the state in the name of democracy was never democratic themselves, and 370 and 35 A just benefitted the corrupt rulers who had links to terrorists as well.

And the Congress kept pandering to those families who hijaked the narrative and misused the provisions of 370 and 35 A and people never got to benefit on in on grass root levels. They still are with vested Interests. And even Pakistani deep state wanted it untouched as they could plant the roots of sepratism and terrorism with the victory over Soviets with proxy war and wanting to revenge the humiliation faced in 71.

Also anyone who picks up guns against the state and kill or conspire in the name of religion deserves to die. I am not claiming elections were totally clean.
Glad you agree that democracy has been a sham in Kashmir. You're absolutely right about that. You're also right that corruption is rampant in Kashmir.

However, I think we should not view the Indian government as some powerless agency that cannot control a state because of the articles 370 and 35A of the constitution. In fact that Indian state has a lot of power. If the Indian state has rigged elections in Kashmir and diluted 370 and 35A with many amendments such that it has no meaning, clearly shows that not only does the indian state have power, but it also exercises this power in kashmir.

Therefore, the Indian state cannot be absolved of the corruption, lack of development and lack of "indian democracy" in kashmir. The actions of the indian government over the last 70 years have played a decisive role in shaping the current state of kashmir.

India is still a developing nation. No change in law is magically going to bring "benefits to the grassroots". Otherwise they would change that law this second to bring development to UP and Bihar. Therefore removing 370 and 35A is not going to magically bring benefits to the masses.

PS - The last government formed in Kashmir was between BJP and PDP (mehbooba muftis party). so its not only congress that panders to "families"
PS - Any state that oppresses its people on the basis of religion also deserves to die.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Because no one listens to them and their outright lies anymore. They never learn. They have always been a war economy and that paint hindus and Muslims can never live together and they always want to keep fighting as if not their founding fathers vision becomes rubbish.
This is what RSS the ideological founders of BJP preaches in their shakhas to brainwash kids.

Vanya

:lol: I am more inclined to believe my opinion than yours even though you live in the country, know the nuances of politics, know more about imran khan but that will go against the propaganda I have in my mind so let me keep my blinkers on.
i think i gave sufficient reason for my beliefs. I'm in fact taking into account that you dont know enough about your own country or are just plain biased because plenty of pakistanis ive spoken to would disagree with you.

MJJ

i think i gave sufficient reason for my beliefs. I'm in fact taking into account that you dont know enough about your own country or are just plain biased because plenty of pakistanis ive spoken to would disagree with you.
That's fair enough, like I said if you want to keep your blinkers on be my guest.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Your post addressed nothing about the points I raised about education and rewriting textbooks with false stuffs, nor about 370 just like your previous attempts other then to claim everything will be alright with abrogation of 370 based on nothing.
Every single point was addressed. I even broke it down to simple terms and sections so you can understand.

"Can only take a horse to the pond, can't make it drink" as the saying goes....Carry on....

Patrick08

This is what RSS the ideological founders of BJP preaches in their shakhas to brainwash kids.
More Muslims live in India than entire Pakistan and living safely, better economically while India is also in peace with Bangladesh. They do business with UAE, Saudi, Iran and Bangladesh and wants to do business with Afganistan as well.

Try something else. I destroyed your arguments.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
More Muslims live in India than entire Pakistan and living safely, better economically while India is also in peace with Bangladesh. They do business with UAE, Saudi, Iran and Bangladesh and wants to do business with Afganistan as well.

Try something else. I destroyed your arguments.
So just a waffle as usual about something else and not the point mentioned. Noted.

Patrick08

So just a waffle as usual about something else and not the point mentioned. Noted.
Haha, it is what Pakkstanis with a clear vision themselves talk about . The internet is filled with content. Go help yourselves.

The people might not want war, but they are never incharge.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Haha, it is what Pakkstanis with a clear vision themselves talk about . The internet is filled with content. Go help yourselves.

The people might not want war, but they are never incharge.
Gaurav Gatha book of Std-4 of RSS that your beloved Modi and majority from BJP graduated from teaches child as young as 9 of Muslims being invaders, says muslims go everywhere with Quran in one hand and Sword in another while destroying temples, libraries, institutions and raping women. It terms Christians as Anti-Nationals and blames them for partition. Says buddhists are non violent therefore cowards. While these are just few examples there are many more.

It’s pretty clear who distorts history and propagate lie and hate.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Gaurav Gatha book of Std-4 of RSS that your beloved Modi and majority from BJP graduated from teaches child as young as 9 of Muslims being invaders, says muslims go everywhere with Quran in one hand and Sword in another while destroying temples, libraries, institutions and raping women. It terms Christians as Anti-Nationals and blames them for partition. Says buddhists are non violent therefore cowards. While these are just few examples there are many more.

That's really picking up a insignificant sample and painting an entire country with it....RSS probably has 5m followers in a country of 1.3b people....but hey whatever RSS says is what India says as long as it suits your agenda, eh! You are familiar with RSS propaganda that most Indians ignore.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
If it is not a representative sample of a wider issue, why bring it up?
Because BJP a govt in power is a political front of Rss (a fascist organisation) and majority of their ministers share the same bigoted ideology.
Why I get the feeling you seem very uncomfortable with me posting bigoted RSS literature here... Do you subscribe to it yourself or are you getting worried because it exposes their true nature ?

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Because BJP a govt in power is a political front of Rss (a fascist organisation) and majority of their ministers share the same bigoted ideology.
Why I get the feeling you seem very uncomfortable with me posting bigoted RSS literature here... Do you subscribe to it yourself or are you getting worried because it exposes their true nature ?
Neither. The fanaticism of RSS is pretty much common news in India and mostly outside too. Wonder what your agenda is in trying to prove a public fact. And not all BJP supporters subscribe to RSS ideology.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Neither. The fanaticism of RSS is pretty much common news in India and mostly outside too. Wonder what your agenda is in trying to prove a public fact. And not all BJP supporters subscribe to RSS ideology.
You tell me what your agenda is as you seem to have problems in anyone posting anything negative about BJP/RSS.

And when these type of hate filled education results in following tweet from official BJP handle and Amit Shah people have every right to question their agenda.

MJJ

The government finally backtracks on its claims that no protest took place after accusing the BBC of spreading fake news. Although they have tightened the controls to ensure no information leaves the valley.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The government finally backtracks on its claims that no protest took place after accusing the BBC of spreading fake news. Although they have tightened the controls to ensure no information leaves the valley.
Anyone who thought BBC was spreading lies is being delusional.

Witchking

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
You tell me what your agenda is as you seem to have problems in anyone posting anything negative about BJP/RSS.
You're replying to a post where I called them fanatics. Seriously? Feel free to post up.

But the PM does.
The context was revisionism of text books. If you are expecting all Hindu Indians to suddenly become RSS fanatics because of the PM, then sadly you don't understand how India works.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Imran Khan said:
"Our army is battle-hardened fighting a nearly 20 year war against terrorism. Our people are ready to defend our freedoms. We are observing where the events go from here. Pakistan is fully ready; our army, our people are on one page. We have decided we will not tolerate any violation and are fully ready to counter it,"
With no official support from U.N, U.S, China, O.I.C and pretty much anyone else in the world .... ever present Pak Army message gets louder!

"20 year war against Terrorism" from the PM of a nation that is currently on FATF Grey List (and potentially soon to be in blacklist) for terrorist supporting activities is so rich in irony.

Yup, a nuclear war threat is the right answer to this problem. :rolleyes:

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
‘Get A Wife From Kashmir’: Article 370 News Has Sparked A Horrible Wave Of Misogyny

With the abrogation of Kashmir's special status, social media also saw a surge in posts asserting Hindutva supremacy.

By Piyasree Dasgupta

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/article-370-kashmir-women-tiktok_in_5d494898e4b0d291ed064107
Khattar thinks misogyny posts on social media are jokes.
Another BJP MLA with similar comments.

Marry fair Kashmiri girls, BJP MLA prods
"It’s a matter of excitement for the whole country," said Vikram Singh Saini

https://m.telegraphindia.com/india/marry-fair-kashmiri-girls-bjp-mla-prods/cid/1696231

Last edited:

Witchking

Right these are media videos, did khattar say that the path to being kashmiri girls is open? You have the transcript available and yet you openly post stuff which he has not said. There are a thousand things wrong in kashmir right now you didn't really need fake info to have a discussion and criticise the Indian government.