Keir Starmer Labour Leader

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's been busy making friends in the Midlands.

I am as ever absolutely none the wiser about what he wants or what he's doing about the situation. Still, a bit of old fashioned mild incompetence and bellendery would be a refreshing change from the last 12 psychopathic years of incompetent government. Go Kev!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I am as ever absolutely none the wiser about what he wants or what he's doing about the situation. Still, a bit of old fashioned mild incompetence and bellendery would be a refreshing change from the last 12 psychopathic years of incompetent government. Go Kev!
I actually think that in power he'd be a very effective and efficient PM. He's just smart enough to know that sticking your neck out from the left in the UK is a great way to have the media cur it off for you.

TwoSheds

I actually think that in power he'd be a very effective and efficient PM. He's just smart enough to know that sticking your neck out from the left in the UK is a great way to have the media cur it off for you.
I disagree about the first half of that last sentence and agree with the 2nd. I'll take "a bit shit" though given Major is still probably the best PM in my lifetime and he was a bit shit.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
Do you really think it was the best deal possible? What do you think about the Northern Ireland situation?
The Northern Ireland situation is very prosperous and great for NI businesses and trading has showed this. A lot of groups representing different sectors have also came out and said so much.

The DUP were the main party to campaign for brexit, the DUP propped up the Tory government giving them a majority and the DUP caused the issues which they believe exist.

Problem is the issues they mention mostly relate to paramilitaries from loyalist communities were they get most of their support. And these issues are that it’s much harder for the paramilitaries to traffic drugs.

A recent poll showed that the NI border was seen as a key issue for 10% of loyalist voters and 3% of nationalists.

Now they’ve collapsed government and they’re likely to end up as deputy first minister in May election and collapse government again.

As frustrating as this is I’m actually happy with their behaviour because they just keep digging their own grave and will soon be resigned to history with the rest of the dinosaur’s.

And I’m from a very Protestant loyalist area too.

TwoSheds

The Northern Ireland situation is very prosperous and great for NI businesses and trading has showed this. A lot of groups representing different sectors have also came out and said so much.

The DUP were the main party to campaign for brexit, the DUP propped up the Tory government giving them a majority and the DUP caused the issues which they believe exist.

Problem is the issues they mention mostly relate to paramilitaries from loyalist communities were they get most of their support. And these issues are that it’s much harder for the paramilitaries to traffic drugs.

A recent poll showed that the NI border was seen as a key issue for 10% of loyalist voters and 3% of nationalists.

Now they’ve collapsed government and they’re likely to end up as deputy first minister in May election and collapse government again.

As frustrating as this is I’m actually happy with their behaviour because they just keep digging their own grave and will soon be resigned to history with the rest of the dinosaur’s.

And I’m from a very Protestant loyalist area too.
And do you think trade is up because it's better to trade with the EU than it was the UK, or would it have been up anyway?

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
And do you think trade is up because it's better to trade with the EU than it was the UK, or would it have been up anyway?
I should highlight that when I say trade is up, it’s up in terms of predictions on how we’d fair. Due to the pandemic and brexit I believe it is still down.

Anyway because NI has open access to both EU and UK market this is why trade is up. The company which I work for has recently shut down their manufacturing operations in Spain and moved it to NI and this was influenced by brexit.

Our main footprint is in England in terms of
the uk but production was moved to NI due to the protocol as it makes it much easier to both import materials and export our product.

Simlarly trade between NI and ROI has significantly increased due to the ease of trade compared to mainland UK. Irish companies which previously imported from the mainland are now using NI businesses instead.

The biggest threat right now to trade is political instability due to the dinosaur unionist party.

But at present we find ourselves in a very unique and niche position which can make us a very attractive investment for businesses.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

This approach won't have any overlap with the institutional racism & classism within the police & criminal justice system, nope, none at all.

TwoSheds

I should highlight that when I say trade is up, it’s up in terms of predictions on how we’d fair. Due to the pandemic and brexit I believe it is still down.

Anyway because NI has open access to both EU and UK market this is why trade is up. The company which I work for has recently shut down their manufacturing operations in Spain and moved it to NI and this was influenced by brexit.

Our main footprint is in England in terms of
the uk but production was moved to NI due to the protocol as it makes it much easier to both import materials and export our product.

Simlarly trade between NI and ROI has significantly increased due to the ease of trade compared to mainland UK. Irish companies which previously imported from the mainland are now using NI businesses instead.

The biggest threat right now to trade is political instability due to the dinosaur unionist party.

But at present we find ourselves in a very unique and niche position which can make us a very attractive investment for businesses.
But there are checks on goods between Britain and NI aren't there? If there aren't surely everybody would be routing their transport Britain->EU and vice versa via NI wouldn't they?

ThehatchetMan

Supports
Crusaders FC
But there are checks on goods between Britain and NI aren't there? If there aren't surely everybody would be routing their transport Britain->EU and vice versa via NI wouldn't they?
There are checks from NI to Britain on some items but then we also have access to the EU market which mainland Britain doesn’t have. We also have much cheaper property for setting up premises and cheaper labour and expenses in general for most things.

For a company which mainly trades within the UK then the mainland is better. But for international companies which trade across the globe Northern Ireland makes a lot more sense due to access to the market and cheaper expenses.

And due to most of our businesses still trading with the mainland we are prettty well acquainted with the border checks now and there is little to no disruption despite what the DUP try to suggest.

If anything in some cases it’s a lot easier to circumvent around the mainland and get goods into the UK via NI. And a lot of haulage firms were doing this when there were long queues of lorries leaving UK for Calais due to covid and checks.

Superden

they either want to win elections or they dont. they need to stop fannying around likes its some debating society.

Smores

You'd have thought this would be an open net for them. They're like 2022 Manchester United.
They're so often blinded by fear when it comes to immigration. May as well just say "we await the focus groups decision we'll let you know shortly."

DavidDeSchmikes

Fluctuation0161

Yeah he's a tosser .. see the whole antisemitism stuff and he was on Russia today almost as much as jezbollah

Party is far better off without him
Once again the childish references. About the one ex party leader who tried to warn us years ago about Russian money interfering with UK politics.

From March 2018...

"Jeremy Corbyn’s attack on Conservative’s Russian donors is disowned by his MPs

The Labour leader faced shouts of “shame” and “disgrace” when he mentioned Tory donations. “We’re all familiar with the way huge fortunes, often acquired in the most dubious circumstances in Russia, sometimes connected with criminal elements, have ended up sheltering in London and trying to buy political influence in British party politics,” he said."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/corbyn-s-tory-swipe-disowned-by-his-mps-g3l9v0tjp

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Once again the childish references. About the one ex party leader who tried to warn us years ago about Russian money interfering with UK politics.
You mean the one about to be bankrupt by libel cases who still won't admit antisemitism was an issue... Who actually took money from Russia today to be Putin's mouthpiece and is still to this day going round blaming NATO for the russian invasion

Though given he wouldnt even condem putin over the novichok attack I guess it's to be expected

Thank fek he got pasted into irrelevance at the last election

Superden

You mean the one about to be bankrupt by libel cases who still won't admit antisemitism was an issue... Who actually took money from Russia today to be Putin's mouthpiece and is still to this day going round blaming NATO for the russian invasion

Though given he wouldnt even condem putin over the novichok attack I guess it's to be expected

Thank fek he got pasted into irrelevance at the last election
pasted into irrelevance by someone who partied with the KGB in italian hideaways.