Keir Starmer Labour Leader

Giggsyking

He is going on a suspension rampage, sacking 2 MP per day. His overlords in Israel are angry at him and want him to silence not only the pro Palestinians, but now even the neutrals.

Anyone who votes for this donkey and his party is complicit in war crimes and has the blood of innocent civilians on their hands.

Last edited:

Kaos

Had to check what the latest antisemitic poison was that warranted another Labour MP being suspended.

They said Brits who went off to fight for the IDF should be arrested. That was it.

Yeah Starmer is beyond pathetic. Does he want his MPs to be pinning Israeli badges on their jackets now as a mandatory measure?

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Had to check what the latest antisemitic poison was that warranted another Labour MP being suspended.

They said Brits who went off to fight for the IDF should be arrested. That was it.

Yeah Starmer is beyond pathetic. Does he want his MPs to be pinning Israeli badges on their jackets now as a mandatory measure?
Now let's not be unreasonable:

One person present at the meeting said that during his remarks Mr Jones said: "People should put Britain first and stop putting other countries first."

If he had only clarified that he was talking about asylum seekers or the EU, it would have been very different.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Neoliberal human centipede = Blair cosplayed as Thatcher, Cameron cosplayed as Blair and now Starmer is cosplaying as Cameron.
I almost feel sorry for the poor soul who's going to have to cosplay as Starmer in a few years

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He is going on a suspension rampage, sacking 2 MP per day. His overlords in Israel are angry at him and want him to silence not only the pro Palestinians, but now even the neutrals.

Anyone who votes for this donkey and his party is complicit in war crimes and has the blood of innocent civilians on their hands.
Muslims are wayyy ahead of you mate. 95% of them/us ain't ticking a Labour candidate. That's a shame because my local candidate voted for ceasefire. Still, the red of Labour is the red of Palestinian blood on her.

I've been a Labour supporter, and voted for them, for 34 years. Even for that murderous genocidal cnut Blair and after him. But enough is enough.

Giggsyking

Weird times. To get the support of the Labour party you have to condone genocide.
Sure, but this is reality, some principles in life are more important than the democratic process. I will never give my voice to someone who will abuse it. Vote blank.

Bert_

Opposition leaders meet other world leaders all the time. Starmer has been doing it since he became Labour leader.

Pretty sure most world leaders will have clocked Starmer was likely to be prime minister some time ago.

Maticmaker

Carry on killing while we argue over semantics.
It is indeed semantics, since what our future king, our government, and certainly not the leader of our opposition has to say, will change anything in Gaza. Also, incredible as it may sound it's becoming even possible the mighty USA cannot do much either, it's all down to the people of Israel.
Their government is embarked on what is increasingly looking like the 'end game' and only they can pull the plug.

Last edited:

Gavinb33

I like how this thread is so hung up on votes for a ceasefire that if passed will absolutely not lead to a ceasefire, if America can't get through to Israel a vote in our Parliament sure as hell won't do anything to change their mindset but sure its Keir Starmer's fault for not voting for something that is pointless anyway

Frosty

I like how this thread is so hung up on votes for a ceasefire that if passed will absolutely not lead to a ceasefire, if America can't get through to Israel a vote in our Parliament sure as hell won't do anything to change their mindset but sure its Keir Starmer's fault for not voting for something that is pointless anyway
It may be important in relation to how the Labour base vote in the next election.

NotThatSoph

If Keir Starmer is ordering people to vote a certain way, under the threat of sacking for some of them, then he probably disagrees with you on the vote being meaningless.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It may be important in relation to how the Labour base vote in the next election.
It's almost at though people are just losing the simple ability to think. :rolleyes:

"What can poor old Labour/Tory do"? "What's the point of them doing something"? Unreal.

Idxomer

Another genocidal maniac as a result of "Western democracy", say it ain't so.

Gavinb33

It's almost at though people are just losing the simple ability to think. :rolleyes:

"What can poor old Labour/Tory do"? "What's the point of them doing something"? Unreal.
You dont think they have weighed this up and think it will be ok, do you think they just blindly go into these things without taking this all into account.

And there is nothing we can do, what happens if this vote passes what if the whole parliament votes in favour and there is no ceasefire, really what happens next another vote?

NotThatSoph

He cares about the optics not the vote itself
If the optics are so important that he's willing to face a possible rebellion in his party over it, then the optics must be pretty important, no? Presumably, if Keir Starmer cares so much about this vote, then other people might have reasons to care about it as well.

Herman Toothrot

Can we please just put to bed the entire notion of how Labour calling for a ceasefire won't do anything and how it's all virtue signalling?

International pressure changes things. It does. The opposition party in the UK should be pressuring the UK government to pressure Netanyahu along with the rest of the international community. To say that has no impact is to say Israel is now a rogue state. At the very least it pressures the government to get in line with the widely held position of its citizens.

Condemning the behaviour of football hooligans doesn't 'do' anything, condemning the murder of political figures in Russia doesn't 'do' anything. You still take these positions and condemn them anyway and actually stand for something.

I know people need to stan for their man, but please don't insult our intelligence and dress up your words as anything other than sycophancy.

It's pathetic.

Fergies Gum

Wonder what shady backroom dealing he has done with Starmer to get his amendment up for a vote rather than the SNP one. That ruling has just broken every single protocol in the book and he will possibly lose his speaker ship over.

Dobba

Wonder what shady backroom dealing he has done with Starmer to get his amendment up for a vote rather than the SNP one. That ruling has just broken every single protocol in the book and he will possibly lose his speaker ship over.
Hoyle was in Israel on a brown-nosing mission a few months ago. He was never going to allow himself to be seen to support a group that the Commons he's the speaker of acknowledged their war crimes.

Maticmaker

Condemning the behaviour of football hooligans doesn't 'do' anything, condemning the murder of political figures in Russia doesn't 'do' anything. You still take these positions and condemn them anyway and actually stand for something.
You are right, none of this 'condemnation' does anything, but still our politicians/governments play these intentional 'I need to spout my stuff' games'. I suppose it deflects from them not having done something about the things where they perhaps do have real influence, especially here at home; in housing, NHS waiting lists, control of energy and water management, town-centre deterioration, true leveling up outside the main conurbations, education,... etc, the list of issues where they could make a difference are endless.

In situations like Gaza, unless Hamas and Israel both back down, those poor people in that place will continue to suffer. That is the reality, no other country is going to send its own people into that area to die trying to separate the warring sides, who have been at it for over 70 odd years and although its hinted at, but never really stated, that the leaders of both sides are committed to the others destruction. Hence as usual in the past, and seemingly in the future, it's the 'non-combatants' that suffer.

Gavinb33

Can we please just put to bed the entire notion of how Labour calling for a ceasefire won't do anything and how it's all virtue signalling?

International pressure changes things. It does. The opposition party in the UK should be pressuring the UK government to pressure Netanyahu along with the rest of the international community. To say that has no impact is to say Israel is now a rogue state. At the very least it pressures the government to get in line with the widely held position of its citizens.

I know people need to stan for their man, but please don't insult our intelligence and dress up your words as anything other than sycophancy.

It's pathetic.
Lots of people have called for a ceasefire including Starmer he took to long to do so but he has done, my argument is what difference does a vote make if we all agree there should be one why do we need to make the vote

Herman Toothrot

You are right, none of this 'condemnation' does anything, but still our politicians/governments play these intentional 'I need to spout my stuff' games'. I suppose it deflects from them not having done something about the things where they perhaps do have real influence, especially here at home; in housing, NHS waiting lists, control of energy and water management, town-centre deterioration, true leveling up outside the main conurbations, education,... etc, the list of issues where they could make a difference are endless.

In situations like Gaza, unless Hamas and Israel both back down, those poor people in that place will continue to suffer. That is the reality, no other country is going to send its own people into that area to die trying to separate the warring sides, who have been at it for over 70 odd years and although its hinted at, but never really stated, that the leaders of both sides are committed to the others destruction. Hence as usual in the past, and seemingly in the future, it's the 'non-combatants' that suffer.
United international pressure. Sanctions. It will stop it.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Just commenting on procedure rather than debate (I'd vote ceasefire), if a government can remove the speaker how come the Tories never removed Bercow, who they hated with an absolute vengeance?

Frosty

Just commenting on procedure rather than debate (I'd vote ceasefire), if a government can remove the speaker how come the Tories never removed Bercow, who they hated with an absolute vengeance?
Only the Commons as a whole can remove a Speaker, and there were enough Tory MPs who would have ensured Bercow remained in place. They Government didn't have the votes.

Fully Fledged

This is all going to rebound on Starmer. As soon as The Tories had heard that The Speaker had been advised against chairing the Labour amendment but succumb to pressure from Labour, they were always going to withdraw their amendment to allow the vote to descend into a shiteshow of Starmer's making.

The Tory media are going to have a field day with this.