Keir Starmer Labour Leader

Raven

How dare you suggest the Labour right would conduct cronyism.

Now get back to campaigning for the Shadow Chancellor's sister, the Shadow Health Secretary's partner and the Chief of Staff's son to win their seats as Labour candidates.
Yeah, don't you know that taking bribe... Sorry donations from betting companies, genocidal regimes and other big corporations is definitely not signs of future corruption.

Drainy

What are you on about? :lol:
If you were aware of that you wouldn't be anywhere near as blasé about 5 more years under the Tories with a plan to scrap human rights on their manifesto to force it through the Lords in their pocket...

If you were paying any attention were were extremely close to the human rights act being reversed and a watered down version with no recourse replacing it, along a planned complete overhaul of judicial review which would make the government minister able to overturn a judges order.

TheGame

That 'someone', once again, being the person you want running the economy and that comment being her pleasure that we haven't had a Labour PM that she didn't like.

Because it turns out some randomers on a forum face your fury, but not who you want running a country on the exact same issue. Oh and it's not an assumption when you throw this much of a tantrum when someone isn't going to be voting Labour. We're still getting over you throwing your toys around when Owen Jones left the party, we don't need to get Sherlock on the case to work out who you support.
Ah yes Owen Jones who has recently insinuated Germany was making Palestinians pay due to their guilt over the Holocaust. What a wonderful chap. I still think he’s a Cnut by the way.

Once again making assumptions over who I support because I point out hypocrisy. Despite several points I’ve made over disagreeing with the current Labour leadership. People can vote for whoever they want, it’s their choice. No one is forcing them to do anything.

Dobba

Ah yes Owen Jones who has recently insinuated Germany was making Palestinians pay due to their guilt over the Holocaust. What a wonderful chap. I still think he’s a Cnut by the way.

Once again making assumptions over who I support because I point out hypocrisy. Despite several points I’ve made over disagreeing with the current Labour leadership. People can vote for whoever they want, it’s their choice. No one is forcing them to do anything.
Imagine!

Raven

If you were aware of that you wouldn't be anywhere near as blasé about 5 more years under the Tories with a plan to scrap human rights on their manifesto to force it through the Lords in their pocket...

If you were paying any attention were were extremely close to the human rights act being reversed and a watered down version with no recourse replacing it, along a planned complete overhaul of judicial review which would make the government minister able to overturn a judges order.
Yes, let's trust our human rights lawyer who was more than happy to vote for or abstain on the anti protest and psycops bills. He definitely doesn't want to erode human rights.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I mean, even Germany have admitted that in the court case at the ICJ. There’s no insinuation about it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
:houllier: What a nonsensical post.
It's hilarious what lies people will tell to absolve themselves of any blame isn't it. It's the people who voted for Labour in 2017 and 2019 (and forever) that are to blame for this Tory shitshow of the last 14 years and not those that voted elsewhere and in many cases actively for it. Amazing.

Yeah I probably will hold my nose and vote for Labour in this election after all is said and done because even though this form of democracy stinks I guess I'm just a bigger person than those who couldn't vote Labour because the full might of the uk establishment said Corbyn was an anti-Semite, or a threat to our national security or whatever other bullshit reason they trotted out that day. You're welcome.

Drainy

Yes, let's trust our human rights lawyer who was more than happy to vote for or abstain on the anti protest and psycops bills. He definitely doesn't want to erode human rights.
I disagree with the erosion of protest rights but you're a clown if you think this comparable to what the Tories have threatened :lol:

You get a choice between two. You self admittedly want the Tories to win knowing what they are. There's no reasoning with you.

Dobba

I disagree with the erosion of protest rights but you're a clown if you think this comparable to what the Tories have threatened :lol:

You get a choice between two. You self admittedly want the Tories to win knowing what they are. There's no reasoning with you.
So why do you want someone who you've decided chose the Tories for five more years to run the economy again?

Dobba

Literally no idea what this is supposed to mean
You've decided Raven has chosen the Tories because they've determined Starmer would be much worse long term. Rachel Reeves is pleased we've not had a Labour government since 2019, because she believes Corbyn would have been much worse long term.

One gets your ire, the other you want running the economic policy of the country. Can you run us through that logic?

Raven

That's just a start. Starmer's labour has also destroyed inner party democracy, parachuting his preferred candidates into seats that they have no business being in. Transferred power from labour members to a the bureaucrats. Empowered psychopaths like Luke Akehurst. Kicked out anyone even vaguely left wing.

Then you have Labour Together who took 700 grand in undeclared donations between 2017 and 2023, which is already corruption but just gives us a taste of what they'll be capable of when they have the countries finances in their hands. You're utterly delusional if you think this version of Labour is going to improve anything for anyone.

Edit: I forgot all about Epstein's best friend, Mandelson, being brought back in to advise.

Raven

You've decided Raven has chosen the Tories because they've determined Starmer would be much worse long term. Rachel Reeves is pleased we've not had a Labour government since 2019, because she believes Corbyn would have been much worse long term.

One gets your ire, the other you want running the economic policy of the country. Can you run us through that logic?
:lol: :lol:

Drainy

I suspect Raven will vote for another party but they have actually said they want to Tories to win for the short term pain of losing a centrist Labour party.

i expect that Labour are aware of the difficulties that the country is in financially. They are politically squeezed on taxes and financially squeezed on spending between borrowing when we've seen the market response and printing more money at a time of inflation.

if her view is that Corbyn would have taken reckless borrowing decisions that's her view.

Raven

I suspect Raven will vote for another party but they have actually said they want to Tories to win for the short term pain of losing a centrist Labour party.

i expect that Labour are aware of the difficulties that the country is in financially. They are politically squeezed on taxes and financially squeezed on spending between borrowing when we've seen the market response and printing more money at a time of inflation.

if her view is that Corbyn would have taken reckless borrowing decisions that's her view.
Labour are not centrist, they are to the right of Biden and Cameron.

neverdie

:lol:

Labour are not centrist, they are to the right of Biden and Cameron.
https://labour.org.uk/updates/stories/10-labour-policies-to-change-britain/

They do have centrist policies. The NHS thing. That's using private capacity with public funding, as far as I can tell, which is still free at point of use. Temporary. I don't believe they'll be allowed to implement a dead neoliberal ideology. The market shat that out when Truss had five seconds as PM. They'll follow a British version of Biden-nomics. The market will dictate it.

The rhetoric, however, is absolutely right of Biden, Cameron, and even Blair.

Raven

https://labour.org.uk/updates/stories/10-labour-policies-to-change-britain/

They do have centrist policies. The NHS thing. That's using private capacity with public funding, as far as I can tell, which is still free at point of use. Temporary. I don't believe they'll be allowed to implement a dead neoliberal ideology. The market shat that out when Truss had five seconds as PM.

The rhetoric, however, is absolutely right of Biden, Cameron, and even Blair.
Some centrist policies, some very rightwing policies. For me, they're right around Theresa May's Tories.

neverdie

Some centrist policies, some very rightwing policies. For me, they're right around Theresa May's Tories.
The BBC was advertising hate for people drowning on boats about two years ago. I cited it elsewhere. That's the UK unfortunately after 15 years of Tory shite austerity-nomics.

Labour, to me, are avoiding the argument rather than engaging on many issues. The needle moved which allows them to get away with it. They're basically avoiding culture wars and inciting targeted culture wars for a right-wing propagandized post-Tory Britain.

Kaos

I firmly believe Israel is committing genocide in Gaza and their whole operation is appalling. But I don’t believe the Germans are supporting because of the holocaust. That’s why the second quote was stated. Should they be supporting Israel at all, absolutely not.
How would you explain their bizarrely apologetic stance?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I firmly believe Israel is committing genocide in Gaza and their whole operation is appalling. But I don’t believe the Germans are supporting because of the holocaust. That’s why the second quote was stated. Should they be supporting Israel at all, absolutely not.
Perhaps "punishing" is too strong a word but they've just basically said that supporting Israel overrides anything else morally or legally due to their history with the Jewish people which as far as I can tell is what Jones was saying the other week even if he minced his words up a bit.

Raven

The BBC was advertising hate for people drowning on boats about two years ago. I cited it elsewhere. That's the UK unfortunately after 15 years of Tory shite austerity-nomics.

Labour, to me, are avoiding the argument rather than engaging on many issues. The needle moved which allows them to get away with it. They're basically avoiding culture wars and inciting targeted culture wars for a right-wing propagandized post-Tory Britain.
That would be fine but they haven't avoided being pulled into culture wars, they've actively sided with the Tories.

Fingeredmouse

Because the second quote infers that towards general policy in the Middle East and why would mass murder be a policy for more mass murder. Anyway probably for the Israel thread rather than here. Maybe I’m inferring wrong.
Seems from the statement to the ICJ Germany is explicitly stating the unconditional Israel support is directly due to responsibility for the Holocaust, unless I'm misunderstanding what was said.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

Oh wow the radical leftists would rather inflict short term pain on the British people than have a Starmer government!

Well thankfully the current Labour leadership understands when it gets into power there will be no magic money tree to spend on social programs. Instead the British people will need to tighten their belts for now so we can save for the future!

Last edited:

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Oh wow the radical leftists would rather inflict short term pain on the British people than have a Starmer government!

Well thankfully the current Labour leadership understands when it gets into power there will be no magic money tree to spend on social programs. Instead the British people will need to tighten their belts for now so we can save for the future!
Once Brexit starts bearing fruit, we will be able to reduce the tax burden on companies.

Dobba

Oh wow the radical leftists would rather inflict short term pain on the British people instead of having a Starmer government!

It's not short term pain when it's people the folks on here like doing it. It's erm... pragmatism. Or something.

Sweet Square

Once Brexit starts bearing fruit, we will be able to reduce the tax burden on companies.

It’s worries me that Reeves might actually hold this view.

It's not short term pain when it's people the folks on here like doing it. It's erm... pragmatism. Or something.
Pretty much. Someone yesterday on here said they didn’t care how many bribes Streeting takes because he is a good guy for some reason. People developing parasocial relationships for right wing labour MP’s is something I didn’t see coming.

Raven

It’s worries me that Reeves might actually hold this view.

Pretty much. Someone yesterday on here said they didn’t care how many bribes Streeting takes because he is a good guy for some reason. People developing parasocial relationships for right wing labour MP’s is something I didn’t see coming.
Imagine believing that Wes Fecking Streeting is one of the good guys :lol:

Drainy

So taken by Starmerism, that you're even outsourcing your attempts at insults to a focus group.
If you are anti-Tory and don't vote for labour in a target seat or whichever party is the most viable alternative in a more ropey one then you deserve to be insulted.