Kenny Dalglish to become Sir Kenny at next New Years honours

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And you can always count on a pool supporter to change the topic. It’s very relevant as a knighthood means a role model to society and his handling of the Suarez situation is far from that.

Just read through the thread to see how people are still trying to rip Evra apart, quoting technicalities to somehow discredit him for being the victim.
Didn't some theorist once say that once someone's opinion is formed, no matter of debate, evidence or proof would sway them? The Evra - Suarez situation is that to a tee for some Liverpool supporters

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Was it 83 when you beat Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup final ? Remember that match well. Jim Leighton was a terrific goalkeeper for The Dons, strange how it never worked out for him at United.
83 it was, semis in 84 lost to Porto, quarters of the European Cup in 85 lost on away goals.
Beat a very good Ipswich side in 82 (UEFA Cup), they were UEFA Cup winners and top of the English League (I think) at the time.
Best in Scotland, beating Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in Europe.
TV has fecked the game in my opinion (the rich get richer, the gap gets wider).
Getting derailed here, better go ;)

Crustanoid

Hoped this thread wouldn’t have triggered Eves-Suarez debate when I created it. He deserves the knighthood for his actions post hillsborough alone

Fluctuation0161

I'm using up my last allowed post of the day to reply to this.

Yes, exactly Evra changed what he was accusing Suarez of saying and gave a different account to the panel than the one he gave to the ref after the game.

The point is whether Dalglish was right to question the original accusation of "nigger" being used by Suarez "ten times"

As Evra later backtracked and changed it from "nigger" to "negro" and "ten times" to "five times" then clearly Dalglish was right to question the original accusation.

(Although I don't understand how someone who speaks Spanish "everyday in training" as he told the panel, thought the word "negro" in a Spanish sentence could possibly mean "nigger". Surely his Spanish teammates never talked about buying a "negro car" or a "negro armani jumper", but hey, this is me done for the day)
Thank God you are done posting tripe for the day.

Is been spelt out for you that Suarez targeted Evra multiple times and said it was because he was black. Then said he doesn't talk to blacks and refused to shake his hand next game.

The level of delusion in your posts is ridiculous.

Dalglish was naive at best and prejudiced at worst to support Suarez so strongly. It actually contributed to Evra being booed for being racially abused. Fair play for post Hillsborough actions but he's not worthy of a title imo.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Honestly, they give knighthoods to any old twat these days. This cheapens the honour.

fmsfms

Supports
Liverpool
Ok, when you can respond- a few questions - you clearly don't accept that Evra believed that Suarez was meaning the more offensive interpretation
what?

The original post I replied to was:

It was not really a dumb tshirt only. I read the report, Daglish's first reaction after hearing the Evra accusations was to say to the ref "hadn't he made up the accusations" before or something of that sort.
Evra's first accusation was that Suarez called him nigger 5 times:

Evra later changed this accusation to something completely different.

Therefore Dalglish's first reaction of questioning Evra's accusation was valid - because Evra later changed it himself!

I had typed out a reply to your post but at 1244am thought better of it. I've been through this enough in 7 years and stupid of me to try again when I'm limited to 3 posts a day and on a United forum, just adding more fuel to the fire and it won't make a difference

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I wouldnt cross the road to see the Queen or any of her family unless it was to get away from them.
Honours list means nothing.
As an ex Celtic -Liverpool player Dalglish can feck off.
Give the knighthood to this guy.

Tom Foster

As a footballer he was superb. One of the very best.

Outside of that, don’t think he was anything special, rather a chip-on-the-shoulder merchant.

And for all you United fans, he made no secret that he hated us. No problem with that.

But when I think of knighthoods, which I think is a great a trick from our “betters” to toe the line, surely he is nowhere near Busby, Ramsay, Charlton, Hurst, Ferguson.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He ultimately made a massive mistake on the Suarez case and came across appallingly, but don't think that should negate from his entire career. The best player for a side that was consistently the best in Europe for an extended period of time, arguably the best player Scotland produced, and a fantastic manager too. Did a lot commendable work on Hillsborough too. By all accounts he's a dour bastard...someone I know worked alongside him one time and said it was like dealing with a child, but supposedly he's still rather talented with a ball for someone his age. So yeah, occasional cnut, but probably not a bad guy, and deserving of a knighthood.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Even without mentioning his football achievements, it is totally deserved for his role in Hillsborough aftermath and the money his charity raised.
Kenny was our beacon back in 1989 . A few people seem to be pissed off because he is kneeling for the establishment. Ok. I see their point but feckin ell.

If Kenny is happy then Iam happy.

montpelier

Some of that was even more creatively put together than what Dirk Kuyt told the Inquiry.

Also, Gnasher admitted saying stuff.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
what?

The original post I replied to was:

Evra's first accusation was that Suarez called him nigger 5 times:

Evra later changed this accusation to something completely different.

Therefore Dalglish's first reaction of questioning Evra's accusation was valid - because Evra later changed it himself!

I had typed out a reply to your post but at 1244am thought better of it. I've been through this enough in 7 years and stupid of me to try again when I'm limited to 3 posts a day and on a United forum, just adding more fuel to the fire and it won't make a difference

Sorry are you saying Evra lied ? Are you saying calling him black and kicking him because he is black is ok ? Are you saying if Evra thought he was called the N word repeatedly but was actually called Negrito repeatedly it justifies Dalgliesh wearing that stupid t-shirt in a live TV interview and your whole clubs reaction and continued support ?

Could you use one of your posts to clarify your point ? Because you seem to be constantly implying Evra lied.

fmsfms

Supports
Liverpool
Sorry are you saying Evra lied ? Are you saying calling him black and kicking him because he is black is ok ? Are you saying if Evra thought he was called the N word repeatedly but was actually called Negrito repeatedly it justifies Dalgliesh wearing that stupid t-shirt in a live TV interview and your whole clubs reaction and continued support ?

Could you use one of your posts to clarify your point ? Because you seem to be constantly implying Evra lied.
Christ, I really don't want to have to keep repeating myself, especially in reply to people that constantly "so you're saying me" Have you seen the Cathy Newman interview with JOrdan Peterson? She said "so you're saying <insert ridiculous exaggeration of his actual answer>" 30+ times in a 30 minute interview, and this is a form of straw man

No, I've not said Evra lied.

No, I've not said calling him black is ok.

I've certainly never mentioned once negrito, because that isn't in the actual reply.

I'm really not sure how I can explain this in a way which makes it easy for people to understand.

Again, the original post I replied to said "Daglish's first reaction after hearing the Evra accusations was to say to the ref "hadn't he made up the accusations" before or something of that sort."

So it is clear, the only part of the whole Evra-Suarez case I am replying to is "Dalglish's first reaction", eg what happened immediately after the game when Evra went to Ferguson and then Ferguson went to the referee. Fergusons chat to the Referee was overheard by LFC staff who then relayed it to the dressing room (this is all in the report)

The Evra accusation after the game was that he was called "Nigger" multiple times by Suarez

The LFC dressing room discussed this and Suarez denied using the word "nigger".

Dalglish's first reaction was to defend his player against the accusation of the word nigger.

So all I'm concerned about in my original reply which started all this is Dalglish's first reaction and whether that was the right thing to do or not.

The evidence Evra gave the panel never included the word "nigger", he later realised that "negro" in Spanish doesn't translate as "nigger". Therefore Dalglish's first reaction - to defend Suarez against the accusation of using the word "nigger" is valid. Can we agree on that?

NB this isn't saying anything about Evra lying. It just means that he mistakenly translated the word "negro"

Reactions: Sultan

Ashley R1+O

Yikes, rehashing the Evra stuff. Just absolutely no need to go there, deserves it for his services to football even if his late stint as a manager had some questionable decisions in it.

crossy1686

career ending
Christ, I really don't want to have to keep repeating myself, especially in reply to people that constantly "so you're saying me" Have you seen the Cathy Newman interview with JOrdan Peterson? She said "so you're saying <insert ridiculous exaggeration of his actual answer>" 30+ times in a 30 minute interview, and this is a form of straw man

I've certainly never mentioned once negrito, because that isn't in the actual reply.

I'm really not sure how I can explain this in a way which makes it easy for people to understand.

Again, the original post I replied to said "Daglish's first reaction after hearing the Evra accusations was to say to the ref "hadn't he made up the accusations" before or something of that sort."

So it is clear, the only part of the whole Evra-Suarez case I am replying to is "Dalglish's first reaction", eg what happened immediately after the game when Evra went to Ferguson and then Ferguson went to the referee. Fergusons chat to the Referee was overheard by LFC staff who then relayed it to the dressing room (this is all in the report)

The Evra accusation after the game was that he was called "Nigger" multiple times by Suarez

Dalglish's first reaction was to defend his player against the accusation of the word nigger.

So all I'm concerned about in my original reply which started all this is Dalglish's first reaction and whether that was the right thing to do or not.

The evidence Evra gave the panel never included the word "nigger", he later realised that "negro" in Spanish doesn't translate as "nigger". Therefore Dalglish's first reaction - to defend Suarez against the accusation of using the word "nigger" is valid. Can we agree on that?

NB this isn't saying anything about Evra lying. It just means that he mistakenly translated the word "negro"
You're splitting hairs. Suarez didn't have to use any of the words you mentioned but he did, and he did so to cause offence in the in the form of racism.

Racism isn't racism because you use a certain word.

red4ever 79

Congratulations SKD. Thoroughly deserved. One of the great British players of all time, and a very successful club manager. His dignity and support after the Hillsborough disaster was also comforting for those families who lost loved ones.

Hitchez

A racist sympathizer knighted by an organization long past it's sell by date. Good for KKK I suppose:boring:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Ok....got it. He didn't call him N****r, he kicked him because he was black. So Dalgliesh defended him. Sweet.

Some of these comments are very RAWKish, which is very sad.

Hillsborough obviously effected him, but he turned that into supporting the families which should be commended. Great player, and won the league with two different teams as a manger, one of our biggest adversaries. Well deserved.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Its ok. I remember the day well we he resigned . Everybody was in shock.
I remember watching the match with my brother (he’s a pool fan) and laughing at him every time Everton scored because as far as I remember I think KD played a bunch of defenders in midfield too. Also laughed when he resigned but in hindsight I know now that wasn’t down to football results

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
I remember watching the match with my brother (he’s a pool fan) and laughing at him every time Everton scored because as far as I remember I think KD played a bunch of defenders in midfield too. Also laughed when he resigned but in hindsight I know now that wasn’t down to football results

What a game that was . I watched it with my bird who was an Everton Fan . Ive read somewhere that his head was so twatted he couldnt make decisions anymore and asked people about what tactics to play etc. People forget he was also at the Ibrox disaster too. Great player and ny dad only rates Best above him. His efforts and actions after Hillsborough deserve a knighthood alone .

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
My only thoughts on the Evra thing. He fecked up .
Nice to see a Liverpool fan with some sense.

Personally i can't stand the old fool, but you can't take away all he has done for charity and the Hillsborough victims.

The knighthood is thoroughly desereved in my opinion.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
What a game that was . I watched it with my bird who was an Everton Fan . Ive read somewhere that his head was so twatted he couldnt make decisions anymore and asked people about what tactics to play etc. People forget he was also at the Ibrox disaster too. Great player and ny dad only rates Best above him. His efforts and actions after Hillsborough deserve a knighthood alone .
Dunno what numpty was advising him but Gary ablett at number 7?

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Nice to see a Liverpool fan with some sense.

Personally i can't stand the old fool, but you can't take away all he has done for charity and the Hillsborough victims.

The knighthood is thoroughly desereved in my opinion.
I honestly believe he just defended his player but was too stubborn to back track.

Martin(6)Buchan

Only two objection's him getting it, first the racism carry on and secondly he played for Liverpool.

Cassady

Supports
Accrington Stanley.
Didn't know he was there too. Ibrox, Heysel and Hillsborough.. That's 201 people he saw die because of football. Insane.
Ive never looked at it that way but , yes. Totally insane.