Kepa | Most expensive kepa ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
£35m for one of the best GK's is robbery. I'd be fuming if I was a Chelski fan.

And then splashing out £71m on a kid. Deary me.
One year left on his contract. And no, we aren't fuming. Quite delighted to see the back of him as a matter of fact.

andriyleu

Supports
Chelsea
Take whatever the money was for Alison/Kepa and double it

Because Oblak doesn't want to go to Chelsea
I'm spanish and after the WC that De Gea played say thanks if he is worth more than 80-90M€. People here really stopped rating him as goalkeeper.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
One year left on his contract. And no, we aren't fuming. Quite delighted to see the back of him as a matter of fact.
Really? He's the 3rd best keeper in the world, I can't imagine you'd have been saying that 2 days ago

izec

He is a good GK. Potential is very high. Reminds me a bit of us signig De Gea at that time, much more expensive of course

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
DDG value just keeps rocketing with each passing day.
This kid is good. DDG will need to play a lot better than he did in the World Cup. Hopefully it will spur him on. I would actually prefer it if he had nothing much to do in games, but can't see that happening. He will be under siege as usual.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Really? He's the 3rd best keeper in the world, I can't imagine you'd have been saying that 2 days ago
I, and many Chelsea fans, have been saying we want him gone for ages. He's been agitating for a move back to Madrid for a while. He's got a big mouth that he can't help but run in the press.

Also disagree that he's the 3rd best keeper in the world.

ash_86

This kid is good. DDG will need to play a lot better than he did in the World Cup. Hopefully it will spur him on. I would actually prefer it if he had nothing much to do in games, but can't see that happening. He will be under siege as usual.
As many articles have cited, it's incredibly risky investment. They would have it safe going for Allision a month back and little lesser money.

DDG need to put the WC mare behind. Anyway, he seems to be well settled for us that kinds of keeps me at peace. Even if our defense is shaky i feel safe with him at goal.

izec

As many articles have cited, it's incredibly risky investment. They would have it safe going for Allision a month back and little lesser money.

DDG need to put the WC mare behind. Anyway, he seems to be well settled for us that kinds of keeps me at peace. Even if our defense is shaky i feel safe with him at goal.
They didnt expect Courtois to behave like a dickhead. He fecked them over and now have to panic buy for a good GK

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I think we all need to say another thank you to our wonderful fax machine who made this all possible.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
They didnt expect Courtois to behave like a dickhead. He fecked them over and now have to panic buy for a good GK
It's not like he sprung it on them yesterday. They've known he wants to leave for a long time.

el3mel

He has, but he is right that we have gone frugal all of a sudden.
I agree on the principal. The market has gone insane and we seem refusing to adapt, like we're back to the old "no value in the market" theory. That won't end well.

However, him taking a shot at us without mentioning our name was funny.

izec

It's not like he sprung it on them yesterday. They've known he wants to leave for a long time.
Yes. But wanting to leave and going AWOL is a difference. You can still behave professionally. They probably had a list of a few GKs and went for the best of the bunch, and most expensive.

Better to overpay than going for someone like Butland

DomesticTadpole

I agree on the principal. The market has gone insane and we seem refusing to adapt, like we're back to the old "no value in the market" theory. That won't end well.

However, him taking a shot at us without mentioning our name was funny.
It is the obsession with a CB, which maybe shows that Jose knows they will all get injured in bulk all season. I would have preferred more attacking options. I just hope Fred is good, he has looked neat, but not exactly game changing, but hopefully will show what he is made of once the season starts.

ash_86

Courtois treated the club in the same way the club treated their former manager. I have zero sympathy for them.

el3mel

It is the obsession with a CB, which maybe shows that Jose knows they will all get injured in bulk all season. I would have preferred more attacking options. I just hope Fred is good, he has looked neat, but not exactly game changing, but hopefully will show what he is made of once the season starts.
I'm sure Fred will come good but he's simply not enough. We didn't improve any of our problems of last season, still have average fullbacks and right flank. Underwhelming window especially with us expecting a big summer.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Solid top 5 though.

Neuer, De Gea, Oblak are probably top 3.
In a day and age now where top keepers are asked to do much more than just be great shot stoppers, Courtois is seriously lacking in that area. Thibaut is one of the best pure shot stoppers in the world no doubt, but compare him to Ederson, Alisson, DDG, and Lloris in the PL alone and he lags far behind all of them with the ball at his feet. They are all just as good with their hands yet can pick passes out and start attacks with ease.

DomesticTadpole

I'm sure Fred will come good but he's simply not enough. We didn't improve any of our problems of last season, still have average fullbacks and right flank. Underwhelming window especially with us expecting a big summer.
I am tired of listening to Talksport and pundits on MUTV telling me how bloody good out fullbacks are. Lou Macari actually suggested Valencia might get move back into his former position. I sat there opened mouthed.

el3mel

I am tired of listening to Talksport and pundits on MUTV telling me how bloody good out fullbacks are. Lou Macari actually suggested Valencia might get move back into his former position. I sat there opened mouthed.
Well it's MUTV. I'm not really surprised.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
In a day and age now where top keepers are asked to do much more than just be great shot stoppers, Courtois is seriously lacking in that area. Thibaut is one of the best pure shot stoppers in the world no doubt, but compare him to Ederson, Alisson, DDG, and Lloris in the PL alone and he lags far behind all of them with the ball at his feet. They are all just as good with their hands yet can pick passes out and start attacks with ease.
He is probably the best in the world at commanding his area though. His ability in that regard is a rarity even at the highest level these days.

el3mel

Think they got a shock last night as they thought it would be a nice cosy phone-in, but the callers weren't playing ball.
They're deluded, but that's pretty much how any special club tv channel act. They'll be deluded by nature about the team and players.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Courtois treated the club in the same way the club treated their former manager.
Fair point. There aren't many clubs out there who treat their players like trading commodities more than chelsea do, or show less loyalty to their managers.

DomesticTadpole

Fair point. There aren't many clubs out there who treat their players like trading commodities more than chelsea do, or show less loyalty to their managers.
The way they stockpile young players is not great. Some of them could spend a majority of their career on loan from Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.