Kevin De Bruyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

I figured given his agent and current manager are both saying we are interested he might as well have his own thread as opposed to pissing Raoul off by cluttering the twitter thread with discussion on him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mata out?
If De Bruyne is actually a hard worker, then maybe. Don't think we will do anything this window. LvG would want the productivity i.e. assists, goals, but he would have to work hard as well. How quick is he?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasn't his off the ball work ethic the reason Jose got rid of him?
He barely played him. Apparently there was an off-the-field issue. It was never proven of course, but I remember having a conversation with a Chelsea fan on here about it. De Bruyne was in the side and scored against a team (maybe Hull?) and then the next game was completely axed from the squad and then sold.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
If De Bruyne is actually a hard worker, then maybe. Don't think we will do anything this window. LvG would want the productivity i.e. assists, goals, but he would have to work hard as well. How quick is he?
Not particularly. we don't need him

Blackwidow

I want him at Bayern - so no... ;)

The guy has guts - in all matches when he played against Bayern he was by far the best of his team - at Bremen and at Wolfsburg. At the World Cup - he was the best of his team. I have not watched him in matches against smaller teams - but when it is against good team he performs.

He is no easy character.

Count Orduck

Another player that's not good enough for Chelsea but is somehow good enough for us? I mean, fair enough, that's probably our level at the moment (a step below them), but I don't want the club outright admitting it by signing Chelsea rejects (Mata aside).

DWelbz19

Another player that's not good enough for Chelsea but is somehow good enough for us? I mean, fair enough, that's probably our level at the moment (a step below them), but I don't want the club outright admitting it by signing Chelsea rejects (Mata aside).
He's good enough for City, Bayern, and PSG who are all interested too, though.

LinkesAuge

I don't think that De Bruyne wasn't "good enough" for Chelsea as long as players like Willian and Schürrle are their options in attack. I think it was rather a case of a very talented player that wasn't appreciated by Mourinho and has developed very well since then. De Bruyne has also been a much better performer for Belgium than Hazard for example and impressed even me as Bayern fan with his performances for Wolfsburg. You can be sure that Bayern would be interested in De Bruyne if he ever would be for sale and that alone should tell you De Bruyne has moved beyond the "Chelsea reject" label.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Could be an excellent central midfielder for us.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Has he only played in the Europa League and would that affect playing in the CL? If not, then he might go to a club that are already in and are guaranteed to be in it next season.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
You think he could play that position? Where has he impressed playing this season?
No, of course not ;). He usually played as a number 10, sometimes started on the wing and drifted inside but mostly in a central attacking position.

I'm not sure why United would want to buy him, if van Gaal already doesn't know how to use Mata or Herrera.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Would it be unfair to say he´s a "#10" in the same way Toni Kroos, and perhaps to lesser extent Fabregas were or are? I've seen some insane passes from De Bruyne, seen matches where he dictated play, he seems much more of an actual midfielder than Mata or Rooney.

DWelbz19

Would it be unfair to say he´s a "#10" in the same way Toni Kroos, and perhaps to lesser extent Fabregas were or are? I've seen some insane passes from De Bruyne, seen matches where he dictated play, he seems much more of an actual midfielder than Mata or Rooney.
I don't think so. He can also play out wide, and has done so a few times this season with Hunt through the centre.

Blackwidow

Kroos never was a number 10 in the real way - maybe in the sense of ages ago - he always was a number 8 that you try to play as a no. 10...

I would take him as an offensive alrounder who can play both wings (mainly right) and central. At Bremen he has often played the left wing.

DWelbz19

Kroos never was a number 10 in the real way - maybe in the sense of ages ago - he always was a number 8 that you try to play as a no. 10...

I would take him as an offensive alrounder who can play both wings (mainly right) and central. At Bremen he has often played the left wing.
Wolfsburg?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Thought he was Belgium's best player at the WC. Significantly better than Hazard's performance.

JoaquinJoaquin

I never understood why Jose froze him out when he was at Chelsea, he looked decent enough when he played. Maybe something to do with Courtois sleeping with his girlfriend.

Anyways, I don't think I'd want him here for the amounts of money it would take.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
I don't think so. He can also play out wide, and has done so a few times this season with Hunt through the centre.
Kroos never was a number 10 in the real way - maybe in the sense of ages ago - he always was an is a number 8 that you try to play as a no. 10...

I see, yes. I found http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2012/0000223398.php where he talks about 'central midfield' being his best position, but perhaps he means attacking midfield by that?

But in a 4-3-3 with Blind or Carrick and two more attacking minded midfielders, De Bruyne + Rooney (with Rooney being the most 'attacking' one) could that work too? Or does he have to play as a #10 or from the wing? I'd say he's a better actual midfielder than Mata and Rooney, but also a better one than Herrara, Fellaini, Di Maria, Fletcher, Ando. With his vision and passing range, truly briliant player, but I haven't seen him all that much.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He is no easy character.
Where do you get that from?

It was said he didn't play at Chelsea because Mourinho didn't like his work ethic on the training ground. KdB always said the only thing he wanted to do was play as much football as possible, which he couldn't do at Chelsea. I don't think it was a case of 'not good enough' although Chelsea had a very good midfield back then...

Basically saying "my favourite team is Liverpool and my favourite player is Michael Owen, I'd love to play there someday" :D But that probably doesn't count for much anymore. I hope he ends up at Bayern, he deserves to play at a proper big club.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I never understood why Jose froze him out when he was at Chelsea, he looked decent enough when he played. Maybe something to do with Courtois sleeping with his girlfriend.

Anyways, I don't think I'd want him here for the amounts of money it would take.
I wouldn't want a player who lets a teammate away with sleeping with his girlfriend. Lacks character.

Blackwidow

That "not so easy" character comes from his time at Wolfsburg. Do not know the occasion anymore but problems with teammates after a match - and explanations by Hecking who backs him.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If he's smart, he stays for at least one or two more years. He changed clubs so often, it clearly hinders his development and he's at a club right now, that happily builds the team around him, invests money and has a good chance to play CL the next 2 seasons. Leaving now in the middle of his first full season at Wolfsburg would be stupid. Consistency for a few years is really important.

But in a 4-3-3 with Blind or Carrick and two more attacking minded midfielders, De Bruyne + Rooney (with Rooney being the most 'attacking' one) could that work too? Or does he have to play as a #10 or from the wing? I'd say he's a better actual midfielder than Mata and Rooney, but also a better one than Herrara, Fellaini, Di Maria, Fletcher, Ando. With his vision and passing range, truly briliant player, but I haven't seen him all that much.
Yes, he could play at the tip of a midfield triangle in a 433. That's not that different from his role at Wolfsburg. He's definitely more a midfielder than someone like Rooney, who's simply a striker.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I wouldn't want a player who lets a teammate away with sleeping with his girlfriend. Lacks character.
Wilmots askid him if he wanted Courtois removed from the squad but he answered that it was something personal they had to sort out and leaving Courtois out wouldn't be good for the team. I'd say you want a player who puts the interests of the team first.

DWelbz19

Wilmots askid him if he wanted Courtois removed from the squad but he answered that it was something personal they had to sort out and leaving Courtois out wouldn't be good for the team. I'd say you want a player who puts the interests of the team first.
I'm pretty sure his comment was tongue in cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.