Kevin De Bruyne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He admitted, that de Bruyne can be a difficult character, because he seems to be very self-confident and very competitive. Apparently he is very direct in speaking out, when he doesnt like something. The manager and his teammates have to be able to handle that. He also isnt someone who would sit quietly on the bench.
That fits my impression of him on the pitch aswell. He is an extremely gifted player, who can make a team really click and elevate the level of the whole team. However, I think that he needs his current role, the one as the top dog/main man/ primary string puller to truly shine as a player. I could actually see him struggling to recapture his current form, if he would need to compete with other similarily skilled players for space and responsibility on the pitch. Maybe that was the reason why Mourinho did not value him that greatly, because the situation at Chelsea would be fairly different than at Wolfsburg (or formerly at Bremen for that matter), where he is basically irreplacable.

If Wolfsburg wants to drive their development forward they will need to bring in a player, who can even somewhat compensate a possible injury of De Bruyne. Right now they are basically one injury away from becoming significantly worse as a team. Thats how reliant they are on him at the moment and why he started every single official match this season, which is highly unusual for an offensive field player.

pascell

He was fantastic tonight against Inter. Pulled all the strings and made things happen, he's a great talent in great form. Can't see him going for cheap if anyone is going to sign him.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
21 assists and leading in europe now(Messi and Fabregas with 20).

And I said 50 million euros. The big boys said no so United paid the last minute inflated price(75? thats crazy) and when was his last PL goal. October?
Not a superstar, no. And that was the point.
Come again?

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
He scored 2 goals and an assist but he was far from excellent imo. Both his goals were from the keeper being shite and he was giving the ball away all over the place. A bunch of them from random back-heel flicks in the middle of the park. If Inter were any good they could have scored off a few of them. Made some nice passes though as well.
Yeah, he was far away from his best today. Which is frightening though as he still ended up with 2 goals and an assist.

NoPace

He's excellent. Doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon but If I was a team needing consistent creativity like PSG I'd be happy to spend my entire summer budget on him. Why did Mourinho let him go again? He'd have been real interesting on the right in a 4-3-3 with Hazard and Costa and 3 CM's (Fabregas, Matic and the 8 they still need).

NoLogo

I'll be honest, before this season I didn't think he was that good, but I was clearly wrong. Exceptional player.
I feel though as if he only ever really shows his best in the Bundesliga. The few times he got a chance for Chelsea he never really impressed in the way he did for Wolfsburg and Bremen before that. Might just be that he is more suited to the continental leagues football than the PL but who knows, maybe he just didn't feel backed enough by Mourinho, some players need to feel they are trusted by the manager.

Bwuk

Every time I see him he impresses. I'd take him in a heart beat.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
That fits my impression of him on the pitch aswell. He is an extremely gifted player, who can make a team really click and elevate the level of the whole team. However, I think that he needs his current role, the one as the top dog/main man/ primary string puller to truly shine as a player. I could actually see him struggling to recapture his current form, if he would need to compete with other similarily skilled players for space and responsibility on the pitch. Maybe that was the reason why Mourinho did not value him that greatly, because the situation at Chelsea would be fairly different than at Wolfsburg (or formerly at Bremen for that matter), where he is basically irreplacable.

If Wolfsburg wants to drive their development forward they will need to bring in a player, who can even somewhat compensate a possible injury of De Bruyne. Right now they are basically one injury away from becoming significantly worse as a team. Thats how reliant they are on him at the moment and why he started every single official match this season, which is highly unusual for an offensive field player.
That´s what they are doing though. They buy very selectively the last two summers. New philosophy Quality instead of Magathity: Gustavo, DeBruyne, Schuerrle. They have done some great business overall recently. Rodriguez for €8.5M, Dost for €7M, Naldo for €6M, Vierinha for €4M, Caliguri for €2.5M, Jung for €2.5M, Malanda €1.7M (R.I.P) were all great buys that have/had increased in value. Knoche through their youth academy. Guys like Traesch and Persisic add bench depth and at least were solid for their transfer fees, which gives them an excellent core. Surely the VW backing helped to finance the last three buys, but overall they´d still create a transfer plus, if they had to sell all these players. DeBruyne is probably worth 50 now, Rodriguez 25 and a few others at least 10.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another goal today, 20 minutes in.

Skorenzy

Another day another goal.
Another assist as well. Nice tally for the season.

Most assists in all club competitions
1. De Bruyne, 22 in 37 apps
2. Messi, 20 in 39 apps
3. Fàbregas, 19 in 38 apps

Most assists in league
1. De Bruyne, 16 in 25 apps
2. Fàbregas, 15 in 25 apps
3. Messi, 14 in 27 apps

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Another assist as well. Nice tally for the season.

Most assists in all club competitions
1. De Bruyne, 22 in 37 apps
2. Messi, 20 in 39 apps
3. Fàbregas, 19 in 38 apps

Most assists in league
1. De Bruyne, 16 in 25 apps
2. Fàbregas, 15 in 25 apps
3. Messi, 14 in 27 apps
He also won the penalty for the second. Directly involved in all three goals. Would love him here, he'd work excellent as the #10/occasional RW role Mata played yesterday, with more pace and physicality.

anchan1989

Top scorer of the Bundesliga now, above Robben.
He really exploded in the last months.
Will stay 1 more year at Wolfsburg. CL, cup chances in Germany and a very good team.
And IF VW can get more money into the club with the explanation of brand pushing then who knows.
Contract till 2019. No clause. Will cost 50 surely.

Brightonian

Any hints of Bayern interest? It would surely be bang in line with their recent transfer policy to go for him this summer.

anchan1989

Any hints of Bayern interest in him? It would surely be bang in line with their recent transfer policy to go for him this summer.
You hear talk here and there but nothing that seems legit.
I would love him with us but the league would be better with him in Wolfsburg.
Cant see a Chelsea return with Mourinho there. Not his player.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Any hints of Bayern interest? It would surely be bang in line with their recent transfer policy to go for him this summer.
No rumours about him leaving this summer, no. But I don't think that's happening anyway. Wolfsburg won't sell him this year.

Every top club in Europe will follow him, he's that good. And if he decides to move on, it'll be interesting which way he chooses. I think he isn't finished with the Premier League yet and might want to prefer to go back to England and prove himself there again. But I'd be furious if Bayern didn't try to sign him.

Classical Mechanic

It happens sometimes. The pieces just come together for a player all at once and they explode.

I didn't think that he was anything special from what I had seen of him before this season.

If he keeps this up for another season he will be one of the most coveted players in the game.

Anderson15

Impressed me in the World Cup, and for Wolfsburg, would love us to sign him, heard somewhere he wants a move back to the premier league too?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will fit in lovely with our other Belgium boys :drool: He was born to be a red devil, Amirite :D

RikRuud

He would add serious quality and end product to our squad in the wider positions. Not convinced by him centrally. I think it will be pick between him and Memphis in the summer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The underperforming Januzaj? Or the hated Fellaini? Or the soon to be leaving Pereira?
All 3 of them will be here for a good few years, so yes.

Januzaj will get better, Fellaini is far from hated these days! and Pereira will stay eventually I feel.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Love how our resident experts are inflating his price well beyond what he will actually be sold for.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I feel 40-50M € is a realistic price for him in today's transfer market if he keeps up his current level.
Depends who buys him I suppose. Bayern would probably get him for less than that. We on the other hand might get shafted for about £35m

NoLogo

Depends who buys him I suppose. Bayern would probably get him for less than that. We on the other hand might get shafted for about £35m
Yeah that's probably true. Bayern always seem to get their players fairly "cheap" while the English teams seem to have to pay a bit of a bonus. Although you never know as I feel Bundesliga clubs have a tendency to not be as crazy when it comes to demanding a transfer fee for their player as some other leagues.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah that's probably true. Bayern always seem to get their players fairly "cheap" while the English teams seem to have to pay a bit of a bonus. Although you never know as I feel Bundesliga clubs have a tendency to not be as crazy when it comes to demanding a transfer fee for their player as some other leagues.
We just made smart deals in recent years instead of just going for the most hyped player no matter what his contract situation is. We often overpaid for players or at least paid a lot. Neuer became the 2nd most expensive goalkeeper of all time, even though he was in the last year of his contract. We got robbed when we bought Gomez for 35m. Many clubs did good business in the Bundesliga in recent years, Khedira and Özil were bargains for Real Madrid for example. Follow the top players and make smart decisions at the right time and you'll make good deals. Firmino and his 20m Euro release clause is definitely an interesting player for example.

De Bruyne on the other hand has a longterm contract without a release clause at a filthy rich sugardaddy club. Good luck trying to sign him for less than 50m Euro this summer.

NoLogo

We just made smart deals in recent years instead of just going for the most hyped player no matter what his contract situation is. We often overpaid for players or at least paid a lot. Neuer became the 2nd most expensive goalkeeper of all time, even though he was in the last year of his contract. We got robbed when we bought Gomez for 35m. Many clubs did good business in the Bundesliga in recent years, Khedira and Özil were bargains for Real Madrid for example. Follow the top players and make smart decisions at the right time and you'll make good deals. Firmino and his 20m Euro release clause is definitely an interesting player for example.

De Bruyne on the other hand has a longterm contract without a release clause at a filthy rich sugardaddy club. Good luck trying to sign him for less than 50m Euro this summer.
I agree it's also about persuing the right deal at the right time, and maybe letting and agent or two know what their client can earn if he let's his current contract run down ;) but let's not get into that. Naturally no team will bend over and give their players away cheaply just because you guys come asking but more because you made the right deals at the right time. And in fairness you also lost a very good player in Kroos for a fairly cheap price.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

In that case send them Nani plus cash. Since they're filthy rich, picking up his wages shouldn't be much to ask. Although Nani might be mistaken as Luis Gustavo's twin.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
If the euro vs £ rate stays where it is till the summer I expect PL clubs to raid europe this year as players will effectively cost around 30% less

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
21 assists and leading in europe now(Messi and Fabregas with 20).

And I said 50 million euros. The big boys said no so United paid the last minute inflated price(75? thats crazy) and when was his last PL goal. October?
Not a superstar, no. And that was the point.
Do you really believe we went to Real Madrid and told them we won't pay €50m, because for some strange reason we would rather pay €75m?

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
You already know he will become of the very best players in the world soon, we simply have to try and sign him in the summer. Him and Ronaldo (:lol:) will supplement our attack nicely.

Sir A1ex

Do you really believe we went to Real Madrid and told them we won't pay €50m, because for some strange reason we would rather pay €75m?
:lol:

And to think I used precious seconds of my life going back through the thread to find out what his post was about.

I should have known that somebody who can't even use the quote function wouldn't have anything sensible to say!

Devil may care

So for those wanting us to sign him, where do you see him in our 4-3-3? To me he'd have to play on either the left or right, kinda in the way Mata did against Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.