Kevin De Bruyne

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
He became less important for them this year but it’s always good to see how they will react without him for a certain period.
Transfermarkt has him at 669 PL minutes this season, the total of 7.4 games, so it’s much of the same as the rest of the season really.

One problem it does fix is it pushes B.Silva back into the middle instead of forcing him into the team on the right, and means one of Sanè or Mahrez can support Sterling from out wide. It just puts a lot of reliance on the two Silva’s to now stay entirely fit until summer.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Mad how ‘good’, rather than last season’s turbocharged ‘great’ him and Salah are now the authorities are closely scrutinising doping in football.....
What the feck? He's been injured and was still in the process of coming back from injury, stop talking out your arse.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Mad how ‘good’, rather than last season’s turbocharged ‘great’ him and Salah are now the authorities are closely scrutinising doping in football.....
Injuries after a World Cup. Shock.

deafepl

Shame he's been injured again, it would be great to watch him at his best, he's a very joy to watch.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Of course he's injured. Salah and Van Dijk on the other hand seem like they can go a game every other day without getting injured this season.

It's going to be difficult for City without both KDB and Fernandinho. Stones in midfield next to Gundogan and a Silva it is.

Fletchageddon

There’s only so much doping can do for recovery. You also need to let players rest. They are rushing him back well before he is ready.

The doping in football is wild though. If you look at the doping in much poorer sports I can only imagine what it’s like in a game that’s so rich and so corrupt in so many other ways.

Gasolin

Transfermarkt has him at 669 PL minutes this season, the total of 7.4 games, so it’s much of the same as the rest of the season really.

One problem it does fix is it pushes B.Silva back into the middle instead of forcing him into the team on the right, and means one of Sanè or Mahrez can support Sterling from out wide. It just puts a lot of reliance on the two Silva’s to now stay entirely fit until summer.
Agreed, I think you are covered for Kevin. Fernandinho is your problem and hopefully you will have to think of a life without him for some part of season.

I still think you can win the league, and it’s probabky better than Liverpool winning it. But if you want to drop points please feel free!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Best midfielder in the league when fit. His absences have been a big hindrance for City and having him back could be the difference between winning and missing out on a major trophy this season.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Just further exaggerates Pep's mistake in waiting until the 88th minute to bring him on versus Spurs.

Toad

Only just really shown his good form this month since his return but it’s a good time for City to have him back to his best.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lucky the international break came at the time, so De Bruyne (and others) could get back to full fitness for the run in.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Then we are suffering from a lack of them.

I'd still have Scholes and Pirlo any day
In fairness, it's still far to early to compare KDB to those players as he is only 27 and last season was his first really outstanding one in that role.

For context, that's around the age at which Scholes was playing behind RVN thanks to Veron's arrival. I think someone like Xavi was older than that when he won his first major trophy for Spain too? For that type of midfielder it's really the beginning of their best years.

Patrick08

If pogba had little intelligence like kdb in Barcelona game, we would have been very close to scoring that night. There was a moment when he just got rid of the ball with an early pass when he could have carried the ball in final third on his own.

Kdb is fantastic.

Canagel

Imagine going nearly a full year without assist and your team is still comfortable challenging on all the fronts.

City are fantastic.

Stacks

Then we are suffering from a lack of them.

I'd still have Scholes and Pirlo any day
What exactly does Scholes do better than De Bruyne? His City side play a far more dominating and controlling game than we ever did and he has been largely a pivotal part of it
In fairness, it's still far to early to compare KDB to those players as he is only 27 and last season was his first really outstanding one in that role.

For context, that's around the age at which Scholes was playing behind RVN thanks to Veron's arrival. I think someone like Xavi was older than that when he won his first major trophy for Spain too? For that type of midfielder it's really the beginning of their best years.
Again which Scholes are we talking about because I don't recall him being a player of the year contender in his "playmaking" seasons, De Bruyne has been

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What exactly does Scholes do better than De Bruyne? His City side play a far more dominating and controlling game than we ever did and he has been largely a pivotal part of it

Again which Scholes are we talking about because I don't recall him being a player of the year contender in his "playmaking" seasons, De Bruyne has been
I think he was in 2006-07, but that was his deep playmaker phase

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Imagine going nearly a full year without assist and your team is still comfortable challenging on all the fronts.

City are fantastic.
It is incredible to think that City are where they are this season despite probably their best player been out for nearly all of it.

That said, they have so many top players that they don't really have a "best" one. It's more like a "best 5-6".

Treble

Hitting form at the right moment which is potentially bad news for Liverpool. Last season he was fantastic up to February and then went off the boil.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Ridiculous player, probably the one player in the league I’d sign over any other.

Owen06

If pogba had little intelligence like kdb in Barcelona game, we would have been very close to scoring that night. There was a moment when he just got rid of the ball with an early pass when he could have carried the ball in final third on his own.

Kdb is fantastic.
We would have been very close but not actually score so what's the point of bringing that up? Pogba has his way of creating like you saw against westham with that pass to rashford which led to the second penalty,so stop with your nonsense about intelligence.

Kdb is fantastic I know but I've watched several games this season were he wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Immense. If he plays like this for the rest of the season then Liverpool are fecked.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
The player Liverpool fans thought Gerrard was

Bobski

That was some Giggs against Roma shit from him tonight. Amazing player, constantly makes the right decision, great athlete, amazing delivery, incredible player.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Today was his official return from injury. Didn’t deserve to be on the losing side.