Khedira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakeru

I think many under estimate Khedira. He would be a better purchase than Herrera in my opinion and become a revelation in the premier league.
If the Vidal thing doesn't work anyhow, it would be in United's best interests to go all out on Khedira IMHO. As mentioned before, the wages wouldn't be a problem in England if those numbers are what he's asking.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
TBH if the papers are right and Real expected him to extend his contract with a salary of €4m (up from €2m) when he's now entering his prime(27) ... I'm not surprised that Khedira turned them down due to salary issues.
I think a lot in Khediras case would be something between €6-7m. Which isn't all that much in the Prem.
Remember those are net of tax, so that €4m equates to about €8m, or about £130k/week which for a Madrid squad player isn't bad. As a comparison, Mata's believed to be on about £140k fot us, he's third highest (behind Roo and RvP). So yes, we can beat it, but he's not cheap. It's assumed he's looking for a signing bonus as well - because that's what he'd get as a free agent next year.

In other words his 5 year wage costs are much significant financial negotiations than his transfer fee.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Ship out Fellaini, Anderson and Cleverley and bring in Khedira and Vidal and I doubt we are paying a great deal more in wages.

Kallech33

My happy place. Where I kill more than time.
Remember those are net of tax, so that €4m equates to about €8m, or about £130k/week which for a Madrid squad player isn't bad. Mata's believed to be on about £140k, he's third highest (behind Roo and RvP). So yes, we can beat it, but he's not cheap. It's assumed he's looking for a signing bonus as well - because that's what he'd get as a free agent next year.

In other words his 5 year wage costs are much significant financial negotiations than his transfer fee.
You're right. I thought those were pre-tax numbers. In that case he's definitely not worth more than €4m after taxes. Or €8m pre-tax which would come to something around £123k per week I think.

Gannicus

If we can't land Vidal, Khedira would be a decent consolation fallback option below Vidal. My only real hesitation is that Khedira looks like a poor man's Carrick to me. He's decent enough in his defensive duties, but nothing all that special, but he makes up for it with some neat work on the ball. But I'm sure a youtube video could cure me of this belief.

What we really need to do is face up to the fact that Ferguson was an absolute genius but is long gone now and we need top quality reinforcements. Even Wenger has broken the bank for two proven truly "world class" players -- Ozil and Sanchez. Unless we're broke -- which I'm assured we're not -- we have to face up to the fact that we have to spend to keep with with Arsenal, let alone City and Chelsea. And if we don't spend we'll have a hard time keeping up with Liverpool today and, eventually, Tottenham and Everton.

Where do we want to be? Competing with City, Chelsea or Arsenal or competing with Liverpool, Tottenham and Everton?

gaucho_10

You might find this interesting news:

Di Maria will start on the bench against Atletico. Khedira has been discarded for this game. [Cadena COPE]

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Have we even been linked with him after last year?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
If he's available for a reasonable price, Khedira would be a very good buy. Would go a long way towards fixing our midfield.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he's available for a reasonable price, Khedira would be a very good buy. Would go a long way towards fixing our midfield.
Aye that would go along way to remedying our troubles.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I dont see him coming here. He isnt what we need in midfield. Arsenal would be perfect for him.
arsenal doesnt need him at all. They already have Ramsey and Wilshere who can play in a similar role.
I am really not sure where he´ll end up. Personally I think United, Schalke or staying another year in Madrid are the most likely options.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
arsenal doesnt need him at all. They already have Ramsey and Wilshere who can play in a similar role.
I am really not sure where he´ll end up. Personally I think United, Schalke or staying another year in Madrid are the most likely options.
Ever since he was linked to Arsenal,I've seen him playing Arteta's role. His passing probably aint as good but his far more athletic.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
We should be all over this guy like a tramp on chips. Seems his days are numbered in Madrid and they want rid at a reasonable fee. Get it done.

The Red Thinker

Where did this fee of £8m come from? I think it's ludicrous that a world cup winner like Khedira has an asking price that low.

So many people here taking for granted that it's fact. Where's the source?

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I dont see him coming here. He isnt what we need in midfield. Arsenal would be perfect for him.
This again, seriously? This 'not what we need' bollocks has to stop. He's a quality midfielder, proven at the top level club and internationally, at his peak, that's what we fecking need unless you want us to continue with Fletcher, Cleverley and wait for Anderson to come good, which will roughly be in the 2056-57 season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Where did this fee of £8m come from? I think it's ludicrous that a world cup winner like Khedira has an asking price that low.

Surplus to requirements and expiring contract is the reason I guess. They can't really command to dollar for a layer they supposedly don't want.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
75m € for Di Maria and Khedira....do it Woodward
Would be the deal of the summer in my opinion. Very good value. Would solve our problems for quite some time too.

Only issue is that it would probably stop us from signing Strootman (Whom I think LVG also wants as we would have drastically gone from having no midfield to too many in one summer.

I'd rather we sign a quality player now to play with Carrick, Herrera and Fletcher and then get another in the winter or preferably next summer once we can attract the best again via CL football and some Van Gaal stability.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

It's speculation. Real Madrid are alleged (by the Madrid press) to have told his agent to find someone who will pay €20m and they'll definitely sell. Somewhere that morphed (in the English press) into €10m, presumably due to lack of takers at 20m. AS today were saying they thought anything over €15m would work as Ancelotti has already decided he can live without him and wouldn't need an external recruit.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
We could offer him a signing bonus instead. give him 120,000 no more. But offer him a signing bonus if he's going for such a low price.

Get In Scholesy

Am I the only one who thinks he's not good enough for us. I know our midfield is weak but we shouldn't just be signing anyone for the sake of it. I never really rated him as a player to be honest. Don't think he can lead us into being a side consistently challenging for the title.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm trying to think of reasons why we shouldn't go in for him... and other then wages (which there surely must be some solution for?), I can't come up with anything.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
This again, seriously? This 'not what we need' bollocks has to stop. He's a quality midfielder, proven at the top level club and internationally, at his peak, that's what we fecking need unless you want us to continue with Fletcher, Cleverley and wait for Anderson to come good, which will roughly be in the 2056-57 season.
For me its a case of comparing him with a Vidal or a Hummels(the type of signings we do need and the top quality to boot). Saying that though I dont see how you pass him up at 8m(where did that come from?). I dont see him as a target for us anyway. Would he improve our midfield, probably yes but I felt the same way about Fellaini(and I've felt like a chump ever since) . I'm really wary of these "not really what we need but would improve us anyway players" since. Even though Khedira is a better player than Fellaini.

daniel9988

So, from what I can gather. It's speculated at 8m from some random source, and from the various contradicting reports about his wages, I would somehow estimate that he's earning around 100k a week.

He has refused to renew his contract, obviously holding out for a better deal. Madrid has obviously given him a wage boost as well, which he rejected as he probably feels it's not good enough. Meaning to say that for United to sign him, he would cost top class wages and quite a bit more than 8m pounds.

And honestly, I don't think he's worth it. He's obviously better than what we have, but not worth the fee. It would feel like desperation to me if we actually go through with the transfer.

Will Singh

So, from what I can gather. It's speculated at 8m from some random source, and from the various contradicting reports about his wages, I would somehow estimate that he's earning around 100k a week.

He has refused to renew his contract, obviously holding out for a better deal. Madrid has obviously given him a wage boost as well, which he rejected as he probably feels it's not good enough. Meaning to say that for United to sign him, he would cost top class wages and quite a bit more than 8m pounds.

And honestly, I don't think he's worth it. He's obviously better than what we have, but not worth the fee. It would feel like desperation to me if we actually go through with the transfer.
I'm interested to know why you think his not worth £8M? You say his better then what we have so how much do you think his worth??

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Marca say Madrid want him out, but think he has a deal with someone else (Arsenal?) for next year as long as he runs down his final year of contract.

So, not much point discussing this one if true.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ait-chelsea-pre-contract-4033838#.U_XPc2MfKjg

Take it with a pinch of salt obviously, but it depends where you look.
Well, doesn't matter who he had the deal with, from United view.

I find it obnoxious when players are happy to waste away for a year so they can an extra big pay off. Yes, its a business, but theres little incentive for a coach to build his team around a player when he knows he's just counting down the games.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Well, doesn't matter who he had the deal with, from United view.

I find it obnoxious when players are happy to waste away for a year so they can an extra big pay off. Yes, its a business, but theres little incentive for a coach to build his team around a player when he knows he's just counting down the games.
It's not obnoxious, perhaps disrespectful, but that's a morale, the idea of being contractually owned and bought for money is strange to me

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Do Chelsea really want more midfielders?
Would love to see this guy coming. Lining him up with Herrera in the middle would be awesome, especially with Di Maria on the wing.

Coxy

Do Chelsea really want more midfielders?
Would love to see this guy coming. Lining him up with Herrera in the middle would be awesome, especially with Di Maria on the wing.
If you guys got him it could make a real difference. Rojo is a great player - but he won't solve your problems. You need some CM's...

Hamadovich86

I'd take him in a heartbeat, he has one year left on his contract so he'd come relatively cheap so we have to lure him with high wages but with the state our midfield that doesnt matter.

FromTheBench

If we don't move for both Di Maria and Khedira, then we're a complete joke TBH.
Di Maria equals abandoning 3-5-2 already.

Khedira really isn't the type of CM we need.

Both would be good additions but might imbalance the squad more. I'd happily take Di Maria. Khedira less sure about though desperation speaks in our CM.

m1y2

what would his role be when we lined him up with herrera? Could he provide some cover for back 4, or would his presence allow herrera to play more offensively? Would they be like two box to box players? Want to see arguments not that he is either shit or brilliant.. have seen him here and there but never watched him regularly..

FromTheBench

what would his role be when we lined him up with herrera? Could he provide some cover for back 4, or would his presence allow herrera to play more offensively? Would they be like two box to box players? Want to see arguments not that he is either shit or brilliant.. have seen him here and there but never watched him regularly..
He is best as a Box to box player. Offers good workrate, decent passing and solid all round play basically.

He can play deeper but his passing range gets limited there and he isn't the best positionally in screening the defense.

Both Arsenal and United fans seemingly want him but as Wenger said he isn't a DM or DLP but more box to box.

2 box to box mids working hard can work better in a 3-5-2 but not sure about it in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. Anyway, Vidal is on a different level to him for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.