Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

Precaution

Caveat: Rubbish source.

According to the Express Newcastle have tabled an 82m bid for him.

I don't know what is less realistic, getting him for that sum or that a player of that immense talent would go to Newcastle when every top club in the world would probably like him.

Buy him and play Rashford as a striker. Thanks.
Bout £50mill short on that bid to get them talking

Wrecking ralf

For the people that have seen him play for full games regularly. How do you think he’s adapt to the English game?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I don't know what is less realistic, getting him for that sum or that a player of that immense talent would go to Newcastle when every top club in the world would probably like him.

82m wouldn't be enough to buy his left leg. I think he would cost at least 150m as a start, but even so Napoli wouldn't sell.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Surely destined for Real, PSG or City at some point. Though I don't see how the former could afford him.

zaafi

Lovely player to watch, but fell off a cliff by the end of last season after his great start, and went around 14-15 matches (both club and country) in a row without a goal or an assist, so he needs to be a bit more consistent before people claim he's world class.
He isn't going to Real Madrid as long as they have Vinicius Junior who is a better player, but I can definitely see him in PSG when Mbappé is gone, or for Barcelona.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lovely player to watch, but fell off a cliff by the end of last season after his great start, and went around 14-15 matches (both club and country) in a row without a goal or an assist, so he needs to be a bit more consistent before people claim he's world class.
He isn't going to Real Madrid as long as they have Vinicius Junior who is a better player, but I can definitely see him in PSG when Mbappé is gone, or for Barcelona.
Yeah I’d calm down on the world class calls. He has the ability but he was found out as the season was ending and he didn’t have many answers to being double teamed.

But also taking into account his fitness was way behind the others after plying his trade in Georgia the season prior. He didn’t often finish 90 minutes at the start of the season.

bosskeano

haha....no chance he will get sold anytime soon. Napoli owner even stated he'd allow Osimhen to leave before he'd sell Khvicha

Von Mistelroum

Don't imagine they will, but if they got him then they would 100% be finishing above us this season. One of the best around.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

A day after Howe said this:

"I don't think we'd necessarily be able to go for that calibre [Tonali] and to be honest, breaking down the price, that type of player in every transfer, there's no way we can do that. That's not necessarily the blueprint because we'll have to be clever with the remaining funds that we have.

"We have a very strict budget that we're trying to work within. Always with financial fair play, there are certain things you can be creative on but we don't have a huge budget to work with.

"We're working within financial fair play guidelines which is very difficult for us."

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He'll be the one to watch next season. Can he replicate his 1st season in terms of output? Can he do it all season long? Last year he kinda faded away in the last 10-15 games or so.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really like your knowledge in football mate, keep it up.

SAFMUTD

Looking at the numbers I think he may be a one season wonder. Got an incredible purple patch mid season but in the last part je just faded away. That combined with the fact that he had never put out those kind of numbers even in Rusia makes me think he might not be the real deal.

Let's see if he can sustain that level next season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He seems like the kind of player Jose would buy when he gets the keys to a new sugar daddy club and then complain to the press about his lack of tracking back after losing a derby in December.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think he’ll surprise a few and be a great signing for Newcastle.

Josh 76

Looking at the numbers I think he may be a one season wonder. Got an incredible purple patch mid season but in the last part je just faded away. That combined with the fact that he had never put out those kind of numbers even in Rusia makes me think he might not be the real deal.

Let's see if he can sustain that level next season.
He could be the new Andrey Arshavin.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, it's not happening. Also, they already got Martinelli and Trossard for left wing. Why would they need another?
Yeah. And they won't have the money either after their spending spree. But to see him linked to Arsenal and Newcastle is at the very least seeing his name being bandied about and it may be agent generated.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
As intriguing a player as Kvaradonna is it’s very unlikely City will be in for him.
On previous occasions they‘ve tried to deal with Napoli/de Laurentiis (Jorghino/Koulibaly) it’s gone badly and I think they’ll look elsewhere now.

saik

Yeah. And they won't have the money either after their spending spree. But to see him linked to Arsenal and Newcastle is at the very least seeing his name being bandied about and it may be agent generated.
Definitely angling for a new contract. Isn't he on like 30 grand per week there? Probably wants to be paid on par with their star players I assume.

Lay

Both he and Osimhen are having contract talks with Napoli. Osimhen according to reports has all but signed

Demyanenko_square_jaw

I don't know about one-season wonder, that outcome can be driven by a lot of things, but when looking at his goals, finishing and final third- choices to look for the pass/goal first, i have a feeling that he will struggle to score as many again. He's stylistically closer to an older Figo/Ribery side-midfielder/creative winger than the usual modern wing-forward as goalscorer template. The sort of player that usually gets between 5-10 a season in the league, with some low double-figures seasons as a career best.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bad against Lazio so far. Started last season fabously but kinda faded away in the 2nd half of the season and today he doesn't seem in form yet.

Zed is not dead

I don't know about one-season wonder, that outcome can be driven by a lot of things, but when looking at his goals, finishing and final third- choices to look for the pass/goal first, i have a feeling that he will struggle to score as many again. He's stylistically closer to an older Figo/Ribery side-midfielder/creative winger than the usual modern wing-forward as goalscorer template. The sort of player that usually gets between 5-10 a season in the league, with some low double-figures seasons as a career best.
The perfect City-type player then

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Can anybody that watches Serie A shed any light as to what's going on with Kvaratskhelia this season? I saw some comments the other day saying that he's not been as good as last season. What's the general opinion? One season wonder? A youngster with second season syndrome? Napoli just been shit in general? Change of style under new manager?

I'm half wondering if we'll be in the market for anther winger soon and last season this guy looked the pick of them all. Perhaps a poor season would make him more attainable for us, especially if he still looks like he could return to last seasons level. But a poor season would probably put off, or at least dampen the appetite, of the likes of Real, PSG and City. Maybe.

JuriM

Can anybody that watches Serie A shed any light as to what's going on with Kvaratskhelia this season? I saw some comments the other day saying that he's not been as good as last season. What's the general opinion? One season wonder? A youngster with second season syndrome? Napoli just been shit in general? Change of style under new manager?

I'm half wondering if we'll be in the market for anther winger soon and last season this guy looked the pick of them all. Perhaps a poor season would make him more attainable for us, especially if he still looks like he could return to last seasons level. But a poor season would probably put off, or at least dampen the appetite, of the likes of Real, PSG and City. Maybe.
Everything above, Napoli started the season well, but then Rudi started to overcomplicate things and he ended up getting fired. Not a single Napoli player has been outstanding this season, some have taken a step back, or just unfortunate. Some just had an incredible purple patch last season. For a machine setup like City or Bayern or Real, Kvicha would be incredible but for a side who has to work hard, he can be a bit hot and cold. Atm Colder period.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Everything above, Napoli started the season well, but then Rudi started to overcomplicate things and he ended up getting fired. Not a single Napoli player has been outstanding this season, some have taken a step back, or just unfortunate. Some just had an incredible purple patch last season. For a machine setup like City or Bayern or Real, Kvicha would be incredible but for a side who has to work hard, he can be a bit hot and cold. Atm Colder period.
Buy low, sell high. Good time to put in a bid for the better players at Napoli by the sounds of it.

Lay

A bit of Napoli being shit and Kvaratskhelia being doubled marked and not figuring out how to combat it. The problem is when he is double marked, there's not a lot of support and he ends up isolated. Napoli will get a new manager soon, not sure what to make of Conte being at the game today but maybe a better manager will get him back to his best form. Napoli are also playing a lot slower this season which means he doesn't have the space he had last year.

I don't personally think he's ready for a move yet