Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
None, he is being completely overhyped. Looking in detail at his performances he’s a level behind Saka, Rashford, Mahrez, Grealish, Foden, Martinelli.
Completely omitting what are clearly extenuating circumstances suggests otherwise.

flameinthesun

As he plays on the left, what would thoughts be on moving Rashford permanently to the CF position and having Khvicha on the left.

zaafi

Imagine thinking a couple of good seasons in your mid 20s warrants comparisons with Cantona's career
That is not what I said at all. You implied that showing no early promise at a bad club means you can't become a world class player later on. Kanté also played for Caen in Ligue 2 at the same age Mahrez was playing in Le Havre, and you're not laughing at him, although he's a more likeable person than the Algerian.

You didn't even watch Cantona play so it's funny you mention his career

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So was Jamie Vardy, according to the Ballon D'Or voting. Does that mean that peak Vardy is better than current Victor Osimhen? After all, Vardy scored 24 goals in a much stronger league than Osimhen, who has only 21 goals so far in pathetically weak Serie A....

Peak @zaafi logic :rolleyes:
Vardy in their PL winning season was definitely better than current Osimhen.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I cant help get the feeling he's going to completely disappear in 2 seasons time.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

That is not what I said at all. You implied that showing no early promise at a bad club means you can't become a world class player later on. Kanté also played for Caen in Ligue 2 at the same age Mahrez was playing in Le Havre, and you're not laughing at him, although he's a more likeable person than the Algerian.
A poster compared Kvaratskhelia's dribbling ability to a young Giggs. I replied by mentioning Mahrez, as nobody would try making a case for Mahrez's dribbling ability being on par with Giggs, apart from City fans like yourself.

You didn't even watch Cantona play so it's funny you mention his career
In what way is that funny? Going by your logic, it would be funny if anyone under the age of 55 said "Bobby Charlton had a fantastic career". Because they didn't watch Sir Bobby play, they have no right to comment on his career, right?

zaafi

A poster compared Kvaratskhelia's dribbling ability to a young Giggs. I replied by mentioning Mahrez, as nobody would try making a case for Mahrez's dribbling ability being on par with Giggs, apart from City fans like yourself.
Of course nobody would try making a case for Mahrez' dribbling ability when talking about Giggs'. Why even mention it? It's like saying no one would make a case for Lindelof's defending being as good as Sergio Ramos. Clearly obvious. Mahrez' dribbling, by the way, is fantastic but not close to Giggs.

In what way is that funny? Going by your logic, it would be funny if anyone under the age of 55 said "Bobby Charlton had a fantastic career". Because they didn't watch Sir Bobby play, they have no right to comment on his career, right?
It's funny because you're stating it as if you actually watched him. You do realise Cantona came to United at 26 and retired at 30? At least be humble about it if you're clueless.

dal

I could post the same response to your messages in this thread. It might be worth actually watching him.
I have, the over rating here is ridiculous. He maybe fast but his acceleration over the first few isn’t great, he has very good awareness and can pick a great pass. His dribbling isn’t top tier. He wouldn’t be a stand out premier league left winger which seems to be his best position, he could be quite good in the hole.

Grealish and Mahrez are both better than him

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

It's funny because you're stating it as if you actually watched him. You do realise Cantona came to United at 26 and retired at 30? At least be humble about it if you're clueless.
Really?! I had no idea Cantona was at United between 92-97 and retired at 30 :eek: that must be not be common knowledge amongst most football fans. You're demonstrating a high-level footballing IQ here, you show off :lol:

zaafi

Really?! I had no idea Cantona was at United between 92-97 and retired at 30 :eek: that must be not be common knowledge amongst most football fans. You're demonstrating a high-level footballing IQ here, you show off :lol:
Wow, that really got to you :lol: If you know, why are you talking like he had a Messi-like career when he, similarly to Mahrez, didn't really blossom until his mid-twenties?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Wow, that really got to you :lol: If you know, why are you talking like he had a Messi-like career when he, similarly to Mahrez, didn't really blossom until his mid-twenties?
All I said was that Mahrez's career isn't comparable to Cantona's. I never said Cantona had a Messi-like career, although arriving at a club that hadn't won the league in a quarter of a century and being the talisman that led them to 4 titles in 5 years is pretty good going. It would've been 5 titles in 5 years had that Crystal Palace fan not disgracefully headbutted his boot.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I have, the over rating here is ridiculous. He maybe fast but his acceleration over the first few isn’t great, he has very good awareness and can pick a great pass. His dribbling isn’t top tier. He wouldn’t be a stand out premier league left winger which seems to be his best position, he could be quite good in the hole.

Grealish and Mahrez are both better than him
Out of interest, who is dribbling better than him this season?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Where was Cantona at 22? Imagine thinking players need to follow a linear progression to become world class :houllier::lol:
Bad comparison.

Cantona at 22 was in Olympique Marseille, best french team by miles back them(also Ligue 1 back then was higher rated than nowadays) Mahrez at 22 was at Le Havre in Ligue 2.

Players like Nedved, Stoichkov, and Figo were also playing in their respective countries until 22-23 years old.
In the 90s, players still waited a bit longer to move to other leagues even if they were insanely talented, it's nowadays where you see teenagers moving to other leagues as soon as they have one good season.
When Mahrez was 22, moving to other leagues as a teenager was already common, he just wasn't good enough to play outside of Ligue 2 yet.

zaafi

Bad comparison.

Cantona at 22 was in Olympique Marseille, best french team by miles back them(also Ligue 1 back then was higher rated than nowadays) Mahrez at 22 was at Le Havre in Ligue 2.

Players like Nedved, Stoichkov, and Figo were also playing in their respective countries until 22-23 years old.
In the 90s, players still waited a bit longer to move to other leagues even if they were insanely talented, it's nowadays where you see teenagers moving to other leagues as soon as they have one good season.
When Mahrez was 22, moving to other leagues as a teenager was already common, he just wasn't good enough to play outside of Ligue 2 yet.
That's fair but the point was more about how players don't follow the same progression pattern. I could say Kanté instead of Cantona who was playing in Caen in Ligue 2 who went on to win two Premier League titles in a row with two different teams and then Champions League. He wasn't even recognised as a talent back then.

zaafi

Is this your extended list? If not, can you expand? If you cannot, do you see the flaw in your previous post?
Like I said, players that spring to my mind. I'm sure there are more, but at work at the moment.
And yes, they're all elite players. I didn't doubt his dribbling, I was simply responding to your question. :)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Like I said, players that spring to my mind. I'm sure there are more, but at work at the moment.
And yes, they're all elite players. I didn't doubt his dribbling, I was simply responding to your question. :)
Just realised you interjected. Curious to see what @dal has to say.

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Who knows if Kvaratskhelia will be able to keep this seasons form over multiple years, but i doubt him succeeding in England in his current position (or not) would come down mainly to pace and acceleration. Players like Foden, Grealish, Saka or Bernardo silva when he played in a wider role aren't particularly notable or reliant in either area, and are able to do well with other attributes taking precedence. watching saka this season is a perfect example that if you're a smart enough player you can have a great season operating in wider areas without needing to have great pace, or even particularly quick feet(by winger standards) in order to be a highly effective dribbler and ball carrier.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
The low socks, the raw flamboyance of his movement and turns, the long strides, the deftness of his touches and the sheer skill on the ball - definitely see why the Best comparisons are made. No idea if he can stay this good, but as of now he looks like a class act.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Saka/ Foden?
You're entitled to your opinion; has there been multiple occasions in which either have made the opposition look like comedic statues or basically turning players inside out?

Kvarat has both consistency and the mirth-inducing highlights that immediately propel him into the higher echelon of dribblers this season.

@zaafi at least had the most commonly accepted best dribblers on the planet above him, not Saka and Foden.

It shows there's a disparity in the assessment of the player, at the very least.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It’s like nowhere else in Europe with regards to the City-Football connection. Marseille is close. But their fans turn on players like Madrid fans do.

Napoli fans don’t seem to. They also SEEM to dodge the racist elements of other Italian teams. Could be wrong. I assume it’s because they’ve had lots of great players of colour to play for them. But maybe they’re just as bad as most Italian Ultras and I didn’t see it.
Mmm the truth is the racist elements are there but Neapolitans are generally less malicious in their racism and more sympathetic to the issue, owing to their own long history of "racial" abuse within Italy - i.e. victims of something very akin to racism, being more sympathetic to victims of racism

As for the ultras, I understand the frequency of the incidents makes it seem like a widespread issue, but it isn't - if an incident of racial abuse happens involving an italian team, the abusers usually belong to one of 5-6 clubs...which is not to say that there isn't a widespread undercurrent of racism across the various ultras groups(including Napoli's), just that only a few of them do it openly
Hamsik got robbed twice though...
They offered Spalletti to return his stolen bike if he quit the job last summer :lol:

Hit It

Destined for the top i believe. I also think tha Rui the first choice leftback at napoli have a very good understanding and that has contributed to his success. Great goals, crosses of his are very deadly with alot of spin and his dribbling tight to his feet, cant really ask for anything more from a winger. Depresses me when i watch him because im reminded of Anthony and Sancho and their limitations.

KeanoMagicHat

Not quite the finished article yet, in end product at least. Poor night from him with big expectations.

ti vu

Look like the occasion caught him pant down. Missed another penalty, bad decision trying to dribble his way through 2-3 players. When he somehow got through, didn't show composure to at least hit the target. Should have tried to find Osimhen with crossing instead. Basically played into Milan hand and isolate his teammate, and most trusted scorer.

Telsim

Let his team down when it mattered most. We should do Napoli a solid and help them get rid of him as a result.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He and Napoli have gone off the boil at just about the worst time in a season. A real shame… but at least it keeps his value down a bit.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
He and Napoli have gone off the boil at just about the worst time in a season. A real shame… but at least it keeps his value down a bit.
They've basically done the opposite of what Man City have done

Idxomer

Very good player but he does try a lot of stuff that doesn't come off.