Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Napoli got him for $11M and he is tearing Seria A apart. We are still trying to buy Antony from Dutch league, for close to $100M and our bids get rejected.

United's recruitment is paid for jerking off all day. Bunch of useless clowns.

Last edited:

AkaAkuma

I think anybody who saw his break out videos a few years ago would have known he’s destined for the PL.
i don’t know why a mid table team didn’t take a punt on him.

NewGlory

I think anybody who saw his break out videos a few years ago would have known he’s destined for the PL.
i don’t know why a mid table team didn’t take a punt on him.
Kvaratskhelia's agent is horribly bad and screwed him by keeping him in the shitty Russian league.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Currently on 5 G+A in 5 apps in Serie A, according to whoscored.com.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Can see why he didn't come direct to the PL. Pretty sure British companies cannot send money to Russia. Even if they can, could you imagine the political fall out?

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Can see why he didn't come direct to the PL. Pretty sure British companies cannot send money to Russia. Even if they can, could you imagine the political fall out?
From signing a Georgian player from a Georgian football club?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
From signing a Georgian player from a Georgian football club?
Wasn't he at Kazan? I have got to be honest, he wasn't on my radar until he popped up in the past few weeks.

NewGlory

He wasn't playing in Russia, anymore, when Napoli bought him. Check Transfermrkt before jumping to conclusions

Wasn't he at Kazan? I have got to be honest, he wasn't on my radar until he popped up in the past few weeks.
He left Kazan when Russia invaded Ukraine. Also he was for sale the Summer before when there was no issue buying players from Russia

One thing I will say, and I say this mostly based on his game against Lazio but, while he is an unbelievable dribbler, positioning, creative chance creation are all excellent, he currently wastes a lot of chances. He should have scored at least two more with Lazio, unable to score one on one against goalkeeper. That is fine in Italy but could be a problem in EPL. He is young and will improve, I assume.

Last edited:

izec

If he continued, Napoli sit on a goldmine snd will demand a crazy fee. I think this is a no goer for a while.

NewGlory

If he continued, Napoli sit on a goldmine snd will demand a crazy fee. I think this is a no goer for a while.
Yeap. If he ends up being the top goalscorer in Seria A, this year, he will be priced at least as much as the winger we bought from the lower quality Dutch league :) And that is 5x price increase in just a year!

izec

Yeap. If he ends up being the top goalscorer in Seria A, this year, he will be priced at least as much as the winger we bought from the lower quality Dutch league :) And that is 5x price increase in just a year!
The winger we bought was the manager's pet. This guy is not. We wont spend another 100m on a winger (Antony and Sancho already big money signings), when we need big cash for a striker, CM and GK next summer. And a couple of squad additions on top.

NewGlory

The winger we bought was the manager's pet. This guy is not. We wont spend another 100m on a winger (Antony and Sancho already big money signings), when we need big cash for a striker, CM and GK next summer. And a couple of squad additions on top.
I know :) I was being sarcastic about Antony. Love the guy but we overpaid by 20M at least.

Also, I definitely don't think we need a left winger right now. Kvara's position is probably more in demand with other EPL teams

Controversial take: if I were Xavi, I would 100% be eyeing him as a Dembele replacement (considering Kvara does continue to have a knockout season)

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Kvaratskhelia's agent is horribly bad and screwed him by keeping him in the shitty Russian league.
It's not like he was tearing that level up though, even with rpl going into a notable decline over the last 3-4 years. He had his good breakthrough season in 20/21 when he started putting up insane dribbling stats and having some eye catching international performances, but was still obviously very rough around the edges and a lot of his better moments were coming against the bottom half of the table teams. Then he followed that up last season by being very inconsistent, looking like he was having a hard time adapting to now being paid more attention to by opposition gameplans. he didn't really get going all season until just before the war broke out.

I think a move to England or Italy a couple of seasons ago would have need to be very carefully thought out to go to a team that played the right way and needed a regular in the position, or he could very easily have got completely lost, and missed the development of at least playing regularly for a few seasons with RK before moving on. The start he has made at Napoli is a big step up in form from his last season, but it remains to be seen if he can maintain a good level for a long period of time. He's still a developing player and Napoli fans will have to take that into account.

NewGlory

It's not like he was tearing that level up though, even with rpl going into a notable decline over the last 3-4 years. He had his good breakthrough season in 20/21 when he started putting up insane dribbling stats and having some eye catching international performances, but was still obviously very rough around the edges and a lot of his better moments were coming against the bottom half of the table teams. Then he followed that up last season by being very inconsistent, looking like he was having a hard time adapting to now being paid more attention to by opposition gameplans. he didn't really get going all season until just before the war broke out.

I think a move to England or Italy a couple of seasons ago would have need to be very carefully thought out to go to a team that played the right way and needed a regular in the position, or he could very easily have got completely lost, and missed the development of at least playing regularly for a few seasons with RK before moving on. The start he has made at Napoli is a big step up in form from his last season, but it remains to be seen if he can maintain a good level for a long period of time. He's still a developing player and Napoli fans will have to take that into account.
Fair enough. It is probably better to go into Seria A before jumping into the brutality of EPL, anyway.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Well I'm officially sold after watching my first 45 mins of him.

Baller.

avgp_1

Liverpool have just played into his hands. Him running at the FB is just what he wants.

mu4c_20le

He was always skilled but looks like he's filled out his frame a bit, and looks a different animal now

Dempsey19

This guy and Mykhaylo Mudryk look like 2 top players in the making. If they have a good season they'll definitely have all top clubs chasing them.

90 + 5min

One of those players I wanted before season. Some thought I was crazy to even mention him before we bought Antony. Beautifle future ahead of him and someone to keep eye on.

Last edited:

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
This guy and Mykhaylo Mudryk look like 2 top players in the making. If they have a good season they'll definitely have all top clubs chasing them.
If we lined them up along with Diogo Dalot, we’ll have a genuine chance at having a team with 100% alliterative player names. It will also make up for the loss of Paul Pogba.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Big future for this lad. Would look good in Manchester red…

jesperjaap

Yeah he’s got skill but there was plenty of bad decision making in those videos.

He’s 20 so you’d let him off hoping he learns but it looked like plenty of times to slow things down, look for a pass or get a shot off early instead of trying to beat another man that someone has when they’ve grown up being able to dribble past everyone without learning the other basics.

I bet he ends up in the Bundesliga or something and never really makes it before returning to anonymity in Russia.
This might not age well