Khvicha Kvaratskhelia | Napoli Player

jesperjaap

Never heard of him until the first half of tongihts game and he was gettign super hype from pundits, on that first half looks potentially justified.

Seeing him get compared to lots of players like Messi and Maradona and others in this thread....Personally the shoulder drops, balance, twists and turns, bending the ball in......see a bit of Figo in him, if he goes on to be half the player he was, Napoli really do have a gem

Pintu

Why is he getting subbed so quickly though?
He was also subbed at 60 against Lazio. He is new to this level of football. And they got another week of this coming, including 2 games against Milan and Rangers. The schedule this season is infernal for everyone.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's come from the Georgian league to Italian. Difficult to adjust to the different levels of fitness.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Feels like Spalletti is trying to take care of him and use him sparingly until Kvara has the fitness to go all the way at this level.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think the Shaktar lad impressed me more, but still very impressed with the balance and skill of the guy.

m1tch

Almost certainly fitness, his decision making seemed to go off the edge of a cliff. Before that he was excellent albeit against an none existent Liverpool defence on the right side.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's come from the Georgian league to Italian. Difficult to adjust to the different levels of fitness.
Didn’t realize they signed him from Batumi. I remember him playing Raków Częstochowa in Conference League last year, he looked brilliant. Seems like they cancelled his contract after the war started and Dinamo Batumi picked him up for a few games and then sold him for €10m. Nice business for a small club.

Ibi Dreams

He's not even a real player is he? A glitched regen of Kanchelskis and Konoplyanka

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Looks good although I'd prefer a player equal technique and dribbling skills but more explosiveness.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Gomez and TAA are going to have nightmares for weeks. This kid is good. And two footed. Why don't our scouts find talents like this? Instead we let other teams find talent and then we over pay for them

saik

He had a great start at Napoli scoring 4 goals and assisting once in 5 games. Interesting to see if he keeps it up. Would have been a very good pickup at the price he was picked up by Napoli. Zero risk attached.

Lay

Scored again.

Do our scouts do anything?
Don’t know how often they’ll scout players in the Georgian league. I’ve said it before but the criticism when we sign players from the Dutch league is huge here.. try the Georgian league and let’s see how badly the forum combusts :lol:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Don’t know how often they’ll scout players in the Georgian league. I’ve said it before but the criticism when we sign players from the Dutch league is huge here.. try the Georgian league and let’s see how badly the forum combusts :lol:
He was highly rated in the Russian league and impressed for Georgia. He was signed from a Georgian club to Napoli due to his contract in Russia becoming void due to the war.

He's precisely the hidden gem our scouts don't find. Our last hidden gem was Chicharito.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Assist & goal today against Ajax and he didn't even play that well.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He was highly rated in the Russian league and impressed for Georgia. He was signed from a Georgian club to Napoli due to his contract in Russia becoming void due to the war.

He's precisely the hidden gem our scouts don't find. Our last hidden gem was Chicharito.
He’s a punt that is working out in Italy so far. Would he have that start to his career if he was chucked in United? I’m not sure about that. Not to say we haven’t either, pellestri and Diallo were hidden gems

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He was a wonderkid from FM this past year. If anything... Just take a quick look at the FM wonderkids. Seriously. Their scouting network is elite.

Though with Kvicha, I don't think he's somebody who we'll ever really go for, as talented as he looks. Between Rashford and Sancho, a left winger just isn't close to the list until the rest of our team is sorted. Same with people wanting to replace Bruno. Maybe something in it that they aren't good enough for a title challenging team, but we have weaker points to address first.

Lay

He was a wonderkid from FM this past year. If anything... Just take a quick look at the FM wonderkids. Seriously. Their scouting network is elite.

Though with Kvicha, I don't think he's somebody who we'll ever really go for, as talented as he looks. Between Rashford and Sancho, a left winger just isn't close to the list until the rest of our team is sorted. Same with people wanting to replace Bruno. Maybe something in it that they aren't good enough for a title challenging team, but we have weaker points to address first.
Yeah but we scouted 2000 right backs and ended with AWB. The argument is valid, but we signed Pellistri from the Uruguayan league and Diallo from Atalanta reserves..maybe the club do look for hidden gems. Can't get them all right.

Kvara has been scouted by Napoli for a few years, he was on their shortlist when he was a teenager. They probably had this move in the works for years.

Max_United

He’s a punt that is working out in Italy so far. Would he have that start to his career if he was chucked in United? I’m not sure about that. Not to say we haven’t either, pellestri and Diallo were hidden gems
Pellistri and Amad might have been hidden, but it is a big question if they are "gems". They are nowhere near the first team, and with Amad the "risk-return" on the transfer had been very questionable from the start. We paid 20m upfront plus 20m add-ons for Atalanta reserves player. I mean it is OK to pay this money for a teenager if he is a great talent - but he should be able to immediately be at least a solid squad player, and Amad still isn't. He might come good but right now we would do great to get half of the fee we paid for him. I would rather call Malacia a "hidden gem" although he was higher profile - but we paid only 12m or so (a lot less than for Amad) for someone who is young but immediately ready to contribute. And we really really rarely do such sort of signings - even for squad players we either pay a lot, or an older player on a free. When we try to buy on a relalive cheap (James, Amad, Pellistri, Darmian, Telles) it is either someone who is either still very far from first team or simply not good enough.

troylocker

True. We have bigger holes to fill in our squad. He’s a joy to watch though.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
FM legend is a red flag. FM legend is often a crying cheems in real life.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Reminds me of Zekhnini, only much better - I was convinced Zekhnini was going to be world class after seeing him tear Hummels and Dortmund a new one.

Vault Dweller

This kid is mint. James Horncastle raves about him on the Totally Football Show so paid more attention to him this season and he looks the real deal. Very excited to see how he progresses and would hope we look at him in the future.

Godfather

I mean I've watched him yesterday and the kid is unreal. Pellistri and Diallo aren't even close to what he brings to the table. Incredible