Kick It Out Campaign Row

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It looks like Ferdinands might join Roberts on this:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-Jason-Roberts-in-Kick-it-Out-T-shirt-boycott

Wonder how Fergie will react to this.
I think this is why SAF came out with his comments (which I also disagree with). Think he just does not want Rio Ferdinand to continue to be embroiled in this ongoing saga.

The FA have make a joke of both the 'respect' and 'kick racisim out of football' initiatives. Personally, I agree with Roberts and hope the Ferdinands's take whatever stance they feel reflects their feelings on the matter. I'd even love Evra to follow suit.

By giving Ferdinand the 9 month ban for missing a drugs test, they set a precedent for demonstrating when they were serious about kicking out an a ugly behaviour in football. 8 and 4 games bans just don't cut it for me, especially in a matter far more serious than missing a drugs test.

wr8_utd

:'(
SAF "I'm disappointed that Rio didn't wear the tshirt,its an embarrassment for me and he will be dealt with, don't you worry."

Sam

Fergie needs to just drop it now. He's really showing himself up here.

If anyone's is being 'embarrassing' it isn't Rio.

Man-United

It's up to Rio what he feels. I think Fergie just should keep quiet and don't tell what Jason Roberts or Rio should do.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Don't know why SAF is getting himself so embroiled in this. I back Rio on this one.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Unforced error by Fergie. No need to get involved with it yesterday.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Either Kick it Out are paying Fergie or he really passionately believes in its values which if its case is fair enough.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Usually, SAF considers any kind of controversy to be an annoying distraction (and that's somewhat understandable); he's wrong in this instance though.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Not sure how Fergie thinks he's in the right position to tell Rio what to do about this. His brother was found to be racially abused, and if he feels that justice hasn't been done in regards to Terry's punishment then he can demonstrate that how he wants.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
SAF "I'm disappointed that Rio didn't wear the tshirt,its an embarrassment for me and he will be dealt with, don't you worry."
Not pleased to see that - I can't see why Fergie is insisting on making this an issue :rolleyes:

Drainy

Either Kick it Out are paying Fergie or he really passionately believes in its values which if its case is fair enough.
He obviously does want football to show a united front against racism, and after coming out and saying it Ferdinand should have known better than to go against his request.

Now it's a matter of Ferguson having to show that he's the boss.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Personally I think that Roberts and Rio, indeed everyone should of been wearing a kick it out t-shirt with lights on flashing on and off with firework shooting jet pack action whilst playing a massive trombone with drums and the lot.

I don't understand what not wearing it achieves, However I didn't see too many complaints directed at Gary Neville from Ferguson when he didn't wear a stand up speak up shirt a few years back.

bsc

Fergie of all people should appreciate the right to protest when one's feelings are strong.

He's bang out of order here. Ridiculous really.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
SAF needs to fallback on this, I do think his comments have a tone though, I'd imagine it's more of a polite word rather than a bollocking. Rio's a senior player, I understand where SAF is coming from Kick It Out needs as much support as possible right now but at the end of the day it's a friggin' T-Shirt. Also I'm surprised Rio hasn't retired from Int'l Football if he's so at odds with the FA at how their dealing with racism in Football. I don't think you can tell Rio how he should feel about it all though.

FlawlessThaw

I don't understand what not wearing it achieves, However I didn't see too many complaints directed at Gary Neville from Ferguson when he didn't wear a stand up speak up shirt a few years back.
There is a difference though. Stand Up, Speak Up was clearly a PR exercise by Nike which Neville thought wasn't conducted in the right manner.

Kick It Out has been going on for 20 years now and Fergie clearly remembers was it was like before Kick It Out was formed.

Brophs

The One and Only
Fergie was wrong yesterday and he's wrong again today.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Chewing granpa.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Don't agree with SAF at all on this, especially with him publicly saying 'he will be dealt with'. Express your disappointment with Rio privately, although he is wrong to tell Rio what to do in this situation.

ArmchairCritic

Why couldn't SAF keep quiet about this? Doesn't really matter, it's a fecking T-Shirt. Although if you think about in a roundabout way SAF talking shite will highlight this issue much more than it previously would have been, probably helped Roberts and Rio there.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
There is a difference though. Stand Up, Speak Up was clearly a PR exercise by Nike which Neville thought wasn't conducted in the right manner.

Kick It Out has been going on for 20 years now and Fergie clearly remembers was it was like before Kick It Out was formed.
Surely any attempt at highlighting racism in football and working towards it being eradicated from the game can only be a good thing though ?

Maybe Rio feels that The F.A's kick it out campaign is getting to be little more than an empty slogan in the same way Neville felt about Nike's campaign ?

ArmchairCritic

Of course none of us know whether Rio agreed to wear it at SAF's request and then changed his mind, I do think people are overblowing the 'he will be dealt with' line, I'm sure it will be nothing more than just a chat.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Fergie of all people should appreciate the right to protest when one's feelings are strong.

He's bang out of order here. Ridiculous really.
Is he objecting to protest or the target of it though?

As i said in the matchday thread Kick It Out seems to be taking the fall for matter it can only do so much to influence. These players should be pointing the finger at those who determine the laws and sanctions, actual policy, not campaigners.

FlawlessThaw

Surely any attempt at highlighting racism in football and working towards it being eradicated from the game can only be a good thing though ?

Maybe Rio feels that The F.A's kick it out campaign is getting to be little more than an empty slogan in the same way Neville felt about Nike's campaign ?
Not always, sometimes if it is brought up in the wrong manner it cheapens to argument. I can't remember the incident that pissed Neville off but he did feel strongly about it at the time.

I'm sure Rio feels the FA's campaign is as bad as Nike's campaign. The key difference though is Kick It Out has heritage on its side from all the good work it has doen before which is probably why Fergie himself backs it.