Kieran McKenna | Close to signing long term deal to stay at Ipswich

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Away win at So’ton. Second in the league, impressive.

Most of Southampton’s players played in the Premier League last season. Most of Ipswich’s in League One.

tomaldinho1

Him vs Carrick this year will be interesting. A little subplot for the ex coaches, would be great if both Borough and Ipswich come up.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Him vs Carrick this year will be interesting. A little subplot for the ex coaches, would be great if both Borough and Ipswich come up.
Carrick won’t be at Boro for long, I’m afraid. Two points in seven matches. Long way to go, but I wouldn’t rate their chances of promotion very high.

Varun1

What type of football does he play? Like Bielsa, all attack and shite defending or possession football with emphasis on attack?
Has he shown good tactical knowledge? Willing to change formation and go to plan B?

tomaldinho1

Carrick won’t be at Boro for long, I’m afraid. Two points in seven matches. Long way to go, but I wouldn’t rate their chances of promotion very high.
Yeah very rough start after the high of last season. I don’t follow championship at all but it’s early days and you’d assume Ipswich will slide down a bit and Boro should rise unless they’ve had a lot of players leave or something

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Doing a brilliant job. Highly rated coach. From league 1 to nearly top of championship.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
McKennas BEAT football

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What sort of football does he play?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It appears random posters on a forum do not know as much about football as a former first team coach of Manchester United.

:lol:
The funniest thing about that was he was a very highly rated coach at Spurs when we poached him for our under 18s before doing an incredible job with them and being promoted to the first team where at the age of 33 he then led first team training and was the chief tactical brain at Manchester United when they finished 3rd and 2nd - and people said he had a shit fecking CV :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
The funniest thing about that was he was a very highly rated coach at Spurs when we poached him for our under 18s before doing an incredible job with them and being promoted to the first team where at the age of 33 he then led first team training and was the chief tactical brain at Manchester United when they finished 3rd and 2nd - and people said he had a shit fecking CV :lol:
Relied on individual brilliance and vibes

mav_9me

Yeah very rough start after the high of last season. I don’t follow championship at all but it’s early days and you’d assume Ipswich will slide down a bit and Boro should rise unless they’ve had a lot of players leave or something
If I am not mistaken that's what happened.

tomaldinho1

If you’re exceptional in transitions but unable to play like Pep with a De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred and Mctominay spine you’re a PE teacher. Guy isn’t even bald - what chance does he have.
Give him time for fecks sake, let the stress increase, the hours of sleep lessen and the fraud take hold. Only then will he be ready.

CallyRed

Just a matter of time before he gets one of the biggest jobs in football.
Surely Michael O'Neil can't last for much longer.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Oi, less of that talk, thanks.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
What type of football does he play? Like Bielsa, all attack and shite defending or possession football with emphasis on attack?
Has he shown good tactical knowledge? Willing to change formation and go to plan B?
4-2-3-1 I’d call it, with both central midfielders being defensive-minded, shielding the centre-backs, and the fullbacks coming forward a fair bit. Both DMs can pick a pass though, which is unusual at this level; most championship defensive midfielders are just cloggers.
He looks like he likes to have at least one big man in the attack but that may just be pragmatism for League 1 and the Championship.
Very keen on adopting the right shape out of possession, and I think that’s been invaluable this season. Didn’t matter so much in League One as we always seemed to have the ball, definitely less so now.

Varun1

4-2-3-1 I’d call it, with both central midfielders being defensive-minded, shielding the centre-backs, and the fullbacks coming forward a fair bit. Both DMs can pick a pass though, which is unusual at this level; most championship defensive midfielders are just cloggers.
He looks like he likes to have at least one big man in the attack but that may just be pragmatism for League 1 and the Championship.
Very keen on adopting the right shape out of possession, and I think that’s been invaluable this season. Didn’t matter so much in League One as we always seemed to have the ball, definitely less so now.
Thanks mate. Sounds like he has adapted his style to the way the league plays. Sounds promising, hopefully he's able to adapt again if given a chance at a bigger club.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Thanks mate. Sounds like he has adapted his style to the way the league plays. Sounds promising, hopefully he's able to adapt again if given a chance at a bigger club.
Yeah, I’d agree. I’d hate to see him leave, but he’s done so well that it’s inevitable he’ll start to be on a few shortlists as the Premiership sack race inevitably start happening. I’d like to think he wouldn’t just go to any old struggling Prem club, especially whilst we remain in the automatic promotion places, but money talks. I think our most expensive signing under KM has been £2.5m rising to £3m. You could easily multiply that by ten for even the smallest Premiership team, and that’s not going to have escaped him.

Ideal situation I guess, given realistically he won’t be here forever, would be promotion this season, finishing 17th or above next season, and then him going, with applause ringing in his ears, to a top 8 club. I can dream!

Ace of Spades

Yeah, I’d agree. I’d hate to see him leave, but he’s done so well that it’s inevitable he’ll start to be on a few shortlists as the Premiership sack race inevitably start happening. I’d like to think he wouldn’t just go to any old struggling Prem club, especially whilst we remain in the automatic promotion places, but money talks. I think our most expensive signing under KM has been £2.5m rising to £3m. You could easily multiply that by ten for even the smallest Premiership team, and that’s not going to have escaped him.

Ideal situation I guess, given realistically he won’t be here forever, would be promotion this season, finishing 17th or above next season, and then him going, with applause ringing in his ears, to a top 8 club. I can dream!
The important part is structure, if he has found a solid setup, then there is no need to be hasty to go into a mess. Stable clubs likely won't sack their manager, it is only when shit hits the fan, that the sack race begins.

Idxomer

I knew we ruin quality players, I guess coaches are in the same boat.
How was he ruined? He was given a chance to coach at the highest level possible. It's the biggest reason he got his current job, the same goes for Carrick.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
United fans are dickheads though and I include myself in that. Most of us talk shit

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Yep spot on.