Kieran McKenna / Ipswich manager

Withnail

If this is true, it means RR is here to stay longer than 6 months as manager. No management going to allow any interim this much freedom to overhaul the whole full setup. That leaves Phelan. Always thought he was more manager material than mckenna. But okay.
McKenna isn't being fired. He's interested in the manager role at Ipswich. Why are you assuming that this is being driven by Rangnick?

RedDevilRoshi

Fingers crossed he gets it as one it’s a great opportunity for him and two, we get rid.

Can he take Phelan with him?

KevinJoh

Good opportunity for him. After Carrick announced his decision, it was obvious that all members of the Ole's team are looking forward to leave as soon as possible. They have been professionals, did what they have been asked to do, and now when Rangnick added his own stuff, they can finally leave. With all the hate they took on themselves from 'fans' online, they really need to get some rest. This is good call for Kieran, Ipswich as big name, but after years of bad results he won't have much pressure and I guess he will have enough time to prepare his team for preseason and probably to show next year what he can do with his team when all the responsibility on him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hopefully he's into great career. No need to blame him on United shit show. It's all on those inept managers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Interesting that the coaches are all jumping ship rather than taking the chance to stay and learn with Rangnick.

I think that speaks a lot personally.

gajender

Interesting that the coaches are all jumping ship rather than taking the chance to stay and learn with Rangnick.

Well No it doesn't , to be honest Solskjaer support staff are hiding to nothing they got attacked when they were kept after Ole was let go , they got criticised for not resigning and now they are getting pelters for actually moving on .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

If the coach is getting job as manager then it's right decision to move on.

diarm

Great move for him to be fair. Although wasn't it Ipswich where it all started to go wrong for Keane?

moxdevil

Surprising news. Not sure what he has done in the last 3 years to warrant a league management job, lower league managers probably wondering also.

Ralph1386

Hopefully he goes there and plays some good football.

Would shut up a lot of the armchair coaches/managers in here
This logic would work if he was managing or coaching at another PL side.

He’s being hired by a team that is currently ranked 12th in League one, two divisions under the PL. He ain’t shutting anyone up over there. If anything, it makes you wonder why he couldn’t get a better job.

acnumber9

If this is true, it means RR is here to stay longer than 6 months as manager. No management going to allow any interim this much freedom to overhaul the whole full setup. That leaves Phelan. Always thought he was more manager material than mckenna. But okay.
Because a new manager won’t want to bring their own staff with them anyway?

Cloud7

Considering he was a highly rated coach, I would be very curious to see how he does striking out on his own as a manager.

Ibi Dreams

Would be interesting if he goes. As a Manchester United assistant coach he should theoretically be better than anyone else there, but we'd see if that's the case or not

NewUser777

Hopefully he goes there and plays some good football.

Would shut up a lot of the armchair coaches/managers in here
No it wouldn’t. Only thing that would happen is moving goal posts. Like we know anything about Mckenna on the training pitch :houllier::lol:

Blood Mage

Should have been out of the door before Carrick. I'd drive him to Ipswich myself.

Denis79

Does it?

Isn't it as simple as Ipswich have shown interest and we're willing to release him?

It's not like we've stuck him on eBay!
Well that was my take from this anyways: 'The club has granted permission for him to have talks with Ipswich" So his contract probably doesn't allow him to leave unless the club wants him to? Could be like you say though.

Blood Mage

If he goes and takes Martyn Pert with him then that's two spots for Rangnick to fill with coaches who understand his system, happy days.

Redlyn

It happened with Arteta.
Not comparable. Arteta is a big name with a playing career at the highest level. That alone earns him more credit than a no name who never played professional football and never managed a senior team. He has to build his reputation and work his way up.

Teja

Good luck to him! I think he has some good ideas, just needs to build up that managerial experience like Potter did.

JB7

Would he go if we were still under Ole? That doesn't have much to do with Ralf right?
Why wouldn't he? I don't think a club like Ipswich is one you would turn down in his shoes to be honest, it's a huge opportunity for him.

Mylock

Good luck to McKenna, highly rated coach who could do very well in the lower leagues learning his trade.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why wouldn't he? I don't think a club like Ipswich is one you would turn down in his shoes to be honest, it's a huge opportunity for him.
That's what I think, just curious if people have more insight as I've not been following this thread closely.