Kieran McKenna / Ipswich manager

The United

If he goes and takes Martyn Pert with him then that's two spots for Rangnick to fill with coaches who understand his system, happy days.
Except that the RR is having a hard time finding quality coaches for 6 months period.

Not sure how this will be good for RR or the club at this moment

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don’t know why people are celebrating this, in a way other than wishing him the best on a good opportunity to progress his career. Anyways, you do you.

Pronewbie

Peep
All the best. I don't think an immediate brain drain is good for us, especially considering how Rangnick is having to scrape the bottom of the barrel for replacements.

eltigreFalcao

He must have a heavy heart about his time at United, everything has been downhill since he is in the coaching team bar a couple of good moments

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If the coach is getting job as manager then it's right decision to move on.
Is it? Perhaps he feels ready to go it alone - the proof will be in the pudding. He's still very young though.
Well No it doesn't , to be honest Solskjaer support staff are hiding to nothing they got attacked when they were kept after Ole was let go , they got criticised for not resigning and now they are getting pelters for actually moving on .
Literally everyone was clamouring for them to get lost a few weeks ago... :houllier: :houllier: :houllier: :houllier:
we can think they aren’t good enough, but they obviously think they are which is the point.

Instead of staying and learning from a well respected experienced coach, they’re off to spend time with the family and coaching at ipswich.

we will see if it’s the right move or not. Hopefully Rangnick made it clear we need changes.

SAFMUTD

Not comparable. Arteta is a big name with a playing career at the highest level. That alone earns him more credit than a no name who never played professional football and never managed a senior team. He has to build his reputation and work his way up.
Imagine Rangnick doing really well with ManUtd, surely there be teams willing to bet on McKenna as their manager. Just like Arsenal thought Arteta learnt from Pep.

That was what I was referring to.

Abraxas

Imagine Rangnick doing really well with ManUtd, surely there be teams willing to bet on McKenna as their manager. Just like Arsenal thought Arteta learnt from Pep.

That was what I was referring to.
That's all ifs buts and maybes.

If Rangnick does well. If that means that somebody will award McKenna credit within that and ignore the last few years. If they'll overlook his lack of a playing career. If Rangnick doesn't bow out at the end of the season and the new manager categorically does not want hangover staff.

It's very different to an esteemed former player that worked under one of the best managers in history, they are two very different sets of circumstances. Waiting out this opportunity would have been looking a gift horse in the mouth.

copen1945

It is disgracefuly that youtubers' campaign has driven out a professional. With this, I hope United halts at following the shameful example of Arsenal and their youtuber leeches.

OverratedOpinion

Wonder what motivated Ipswich to make that appointment.

Not saying he won't do well, I have absolutely no idea but I can't imagine they do either.

edcunited1878

Funny thing is, would rather have kept him on and not bother with Armas. Armas is down the pecking order for Ralf but was available due to his 1st to 3rd choices unavailable, and would rather have Marsch if possible than Armas.

hobbers

Hope he takes his pal Ramsey with him.

Best of luck though, hope he does well genuinely.

edcunited1878

Wonder what motivated Ipswich to make that appointment.

Not saying he won't do well, I have absolutely no idea but I can't imagine they do either.
McKenna is a lame duck coach, plus he has more experience coaching and better experience than many lower league managers at his age. He's coached and manages younger levels, been part of Mourinho and Ole, been around European comps, and PL.

It is a very credible and measured hire by a club like Ipswich.

Pearl.Jam

Couldn’t give a shit..I’ll have no interest in how Ipswich are doing now than any other time in their miserable existence

Daengophile

If I get a bad meal in a restaurant, I blame the chef - not the guy who prepared the vegetables

roseguy64

It happened with Arteta.
Arteta is a former relatively high profile player. Carrick had more chance of a Prem job than McKenna. Carrick and Arteta are not comparable to McKenna in terms of their chances at a Prem/Championship job.

roseguy64

Hope he takes his pal Ramsey with him.

Best of luck though, hope he does well genuinely.
Very little chance of that. He'd be getting less pay and would just be getting a similar role there considering Pert is McKenna's assistant. If anything Ramsay might get promoted at Utd if Rangnick can't get replacements for McKenna and Pert.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Had Ragnick came to United before Xavi was appointed Barca manager, they would have appointed McKenna instead.

Jackal981

How taking a managerial work from a third division team is a "great opportunity"?

I mean coaches need to start up somewhere, but 3rd division? No matter how well he does no premier team will look into it, the best he can aim it's either going up with Ipswich to the championship or doing well enough so a championship team notice him.

I think it's a step down really, my logic says you're closer to manage a premier league team if you work as a coach in a top team than as a manager of a third division team.
You know the likes of Klopp did not suddenly start in Dortmund right ?