g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Kieran McKenna | Ipswich manager

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Nailed on for the United job at some point.

wolvored

He wont be the next Utd manager, but if he keeps improving, could be the one after.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Career suicide joining united. He will be very rich however when he gets his payout when sacked.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Yeah it's ridiculous really, 89 points from the last 105 possible for them.
Is this real? What does that actually look like in terms of wins, draws and losses?

Munkehboi

Is this real? What does that actually look like in terms of wins, draws and losses?
103 games played
61 wins
27 draws
15 losses

This is his total since taking over at Ipswich - not the past possible 105 points mind. Very impressive considering he has only lost a total of 6 games since the start of last season when Ipswich were in League One until today.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
103 games played
61 wins
27 draws
15 losses

This is his total since taking over at Ipswich - not the past possible 105 points mind. Very impressive considering he has only lost a total of 6 games since the start of last season when Ipswich were in League One until today.
It’s real, I’ve just checked.

28 wins, 5 draws, 2 losses.
Yikes.

eire-red

I haven't watched much of the Championship this season so don't know what style he plays or if it would fit United, but his record is very impressive.

Before we even think about sacking EtH and hiring someone else, we need to bin the entire sporting structure and get the egos out of the squad as well.

Would be a massive leap, but I look what Ange is doing with Spurs, and the Championship is a much harder league than the SPL.

reddev3

His team score so many goals. I always look for their games and it seems every other game they go a goal down and then go on to comfortably score 2 or more goals to win the game.

They have scored 7 more than Leeds and 5 more than Leicester who were both decent attacking teams while in the Premiere league last season, They weren't like the likes or Burnley or Sheff Utd this season who are lucky if they even score one.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I have no doubt that Kieran McKenna is a very good manager who is only going to get better with experience. I'm not sure if Ipswich will have much cash to throw around if they secure promotion but it will be very interesting to see if he can adapt to the Premier

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I wouldn't want him at United.
Until the glazers are history.
Several Prem clubs will be monitoring his progress, especially if Ipswich don't get promoted this season.

Munkehboi

51 points and not mathematically halfway through tbe Championship season yet. They've opened a 10 point gap to 3rd place Leeds after they lost tonight and could still be top providing Leicester fail to beat Millwall.

Think he will stay at Ipswich and would like to test the waters in the Prem with them. Cant believe he is only 37 years old. He easily could have another 30 years of managing in him. Nailed on Man Utd manager one day I'd say, just not yet for a while at least.

Chipper

Adulterer.
That Leeds defeat looks big, they were flying recently and had managed to close the gap a little on Ipswich and Leicester. It was still sizeable, but the top 2 might have been looking over their shoulders a little after Leeds beat Leicester, Blackburn and 'Boro recently.

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Bring him back under the new structure and get him some firepower.

He played McFred and got us second.

TempusFugit

Ole said his coaches (McKenna and Carrick) were top class and people laughed at him. They were looked down on because they weren't fancy names and not even close to being good enough apparently. Well i think time is answering alot of questions.

reddev3

His team score so many goals. I always look for their games and it seems every other game they go a goal down and then go on to comfortably score 2 or more goals to win the game.

They have scored 7 more than Leeds and 5 more than Leicester who were both decent attacking teams while in the Premiere league last season, They weren't like the likes or Burnley or Sheff Utd this season who are lucky if they even score one.
The very next game after posting and they go and do it again, It's like Klopp's Liverpool where you just know there is always another goal coming. If he wins that league ahead of Leicester that would be one monumental achievement.

city-puma

I wouldn't want him at United.
Until the glazers are history.
Several Prem clubs will be monitoring his progress, especially if Ipswich don't get promoted this season.
Yes. Otherwise, we will ruin his career.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Would ETH do better than him at Ipswich?
Would Pep do better than him at Ipswich?

Ten Hag is not Pep; but it just shows how useless this question is. You are comparing a top-class manager, albeit struggling, to a first-time manager of a championship team. Zero meaning

Blood Mage

Not ready for the United job yet but I'd wager he's a better coach than ETH.

ArmaDino

People need to calm down on here. Last season Kompany destroyed the championship and look at him this season.

PL and the lower leagues are miles apart in quality.

McKenna is a good coach no doubt, but so was Potter before he took the Chelsea job. Let's not get carried away here folks.

Not ready for the United job yet but I'd wager he's a better coach than ETH.
I know that ETH is not doing well at the moment, and McKenna is flying in the Championship, but let's not starting spouting bollocks. ETH has beaten Real Madrid 4-1 at the Bernabeu for example, so clearly he knows a thing or two about tactics.

Remember the days when people on here Ole was in charge and people were bitching about Oleball, no patterns of play and very passing... Want to guess who was in charge of our training sessions back then?

I'll give you a hint: it's the same fella you claim is a better coach than ETH

Not hating on McKenna, but until we become a footballing club rather than a commercial corporation, even prim SAF can be hired again and he would still fail.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
This guy making Ipswich purr immediately after joining them, on track for back to back promotions - yet top level players couldn't take on board his tactics, which means League 1 and Championship were more coachable than our lot.

I said it before Ten Hag arrived, but most of our playing staff needs to go before anyone else comes in, they're absolutely rotten to the core.

GreatDane

People need to calm down on here. Last season Kompany destroyed the championship and look at him this season.

McKenna is a good coach no doubt, but so was Potter before he took the Chelsea job. Let's not get carried away here folks.

I know that ETH is not doing well at the moment, and McKenna is flying in the Championship, but let's not starting spouting bollocks. ETH has beaten Real Madrid 4-1 at the Bernabeu for example, so clearly he knows a thing or two about tactics.

Remember the days when people on here Ole was in charge and people were bitching about Oleball, no patterns of play and very passing... Want to guess who was in charge of our training sessions back then?

Not hating on McKenna, but until we become a footballing club rather than a commercial corporation, even prim SAF can be hired again and he would still fail.
True, but he wasn't in charge then. He only carried out Oles instructions.

Not saying we should go for him, at least not until the supposed new structure will be set in place by Sir Jim.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Remember when people on here thought he just put the cones out for Ole :lol:

TempusFugit

Hard to believe that it's the same Ten Hag managing this team. This club just has a way of seemingly stripping anyone who comes here of any ability or what brought them here in the first place. Players and managers. None get better after joining us. Only worse.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Absolutely loving the love in for McKenna & frothing at the mouth to bring him back after he was dismissed as a “PE Teacher” this will never get old for me :lol::lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was extremely highly rated when in charge of our youth teams so I’m not surprised. Pointless to draw judgments from his time with Ole.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely loving the love in for McKenna & frothing at the mouth to bring him back after he was dismissed as a “PE Teacher” this will never get old for me :lol::lol:
There was a lot of suggestion he wasn't qualified and a yes-man too. Crazy.

Varun1

Another poster described this really well before, there are 1000s of posters on this forum, the same people that blamed McKenna & Carrick are not necessarily the same people that would welcome them back now.

As far as am concerned, I think a young manager with a fresh outlook is what we need.