Kieran Trippier / signed for Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
Not sure how
Let Arsenal unsettle Trippier. That'll only make it easier for us.

Trippier's a United fan with family in Gtr Manchester and he wants to move back home to be closer to them. If Arsenal can get Atletico to loosen their grip, it'll likely mean he'll end up at Old Trafford regardless.

theklr

Let Arsenal unsettle Trippier. That'll only make it easier for us.

Trippier's a United fan with family in Gtr Manchester and he wants to move back home to be closer to them. If Arsenal can get Atletico to loosen their grip, it'll likely mean he'll end up at Old Trafford regardless.
Well Arsenal might be stupid enought to pay €40 m for him

Bondi77

So suddenly Arsenal are interested?????
How gullible can people be.

OrcaFat

I mean just last Summer we didn’t “pay the price” for Telles. The feck are you pair babbling on about?
We did “pay the price” for Telles; “the price” being whatever “price” we, y’know, “paid”.

AM appear not to need or want to sell Trippier so a whole queue of clubs who want him but won’t pay AM’s price would be irrelevant to us.

Meanwhile, you should probably have a word with yourself.

RedDevilQuebecois

Is this a joke? Who the hell values an experienced player from a club like Atletico Madrid with that pathetically low bid?

In any case, I still want this move to happen because I want us to have a proper RB to compete directly with AWB the same way we bought Alex Telles to give Luke Shaw something to look in the rear-view mirror (before Luke became this good).

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

Dalot is not staying, and we will not be signing a midfielder, it's Trippier or bust now for this window imo.

Blood Mage

We're pretty much skint I think. Unless we make a couple of sales this window is done for us I reckon.

zenith

This one looks dead in the water to me, with Dalot staying.

Not complaining though

spiriticon

I like Trippier but if Dalot is progressing well than we should give him another chance. The future is up for Dalot and down for Trippier.

Gandalf

I find the Arsenal links dubious to say the least. They have taken some pretty big losses and don't have European football this season and so far they have spent 50m on White and close to another 25m on Lokongo and Tavares whilst only sending a couple of players out on loan. If they are serious about wanting Madison then they need to be prepared to fork out at least 75m because Leicester demand full price so even if they do sell Willock where on earth is the money for Trippier coming from unless Atletico massively drop their price? If the price does drop then I imagine we would be straight back in and joining the club he supports and playing CL football would swing it in our favour.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're pretty much skint I think. Unless we make a couple of sales this window is done for us I reckon.
Not bothered tbh.

I wanted Sancho and Varane and we got them - club have done well. Anything else is a bonus but to be honest we need to trim the squad a bit now.

Pereira, Jones and James should be sold.

binary bot
I like Trippier but his age + atleticos price doesn't work for either party. If we're signing a right back for 20m then I'd hope we continue to follow the long term approach of the last few windows.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Is this a joke? Who the hell values an experienced player from a club like Atletico Madrid with that pathetically low bid?

In any case, I still want thise move to happen because I want us to have a proper RB to compete directly with AWB the same way we bought Alex Telles to give Luke Shaw something to look in the rear-view mirror (before Luke became this good).
He is 31 in a few weeks. No club would pay huge money for him.

I think we would go up to 15mil but anything more would be silly

Blood Mage

Not bothered tbh.

I wanted Sancho and Varane and we got them - club have done well. Anything else is a bonus but to be honest we need to trim the squad a bit now.

Pereira, Jones and James should be sold.
Lingard needs to be shifted too. Yeah we have some deadwood to clear that's for sure, this should be Matic's final season with us too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Wanted him in the team as he offers something that AWB can't but not at big fee. If it's something like Telles fee then should be fine.

Also looks like this won't happen going by the reports that Dalot will be staying.

Bondi77

I have an idea......Why don’t we sell Andreas , Jesse and Juan to raise some cash and then we could possibly buy Kimmich who is better than Trippier?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I have an idea......Why don’t we sell Andreas , Jesse and Juan to raise some cash and then we could possibly buy Kimmich who is better than Trippier?
Let's also buy Goretzka and Gnabry from them.

Number32

Well Arsenal might be stupid enought to pay €40 m for him
Well.. They were stupid enough to trigger Pepe's and Partey's release clause in the last minute though. We did the same with Fellaini.

mav_9me

I like Trippier but if Dalot is progressing well than we should give him another chance. The future is up for Dalot and down for Trippier.
The thing is I don't think Dalot has a future with us, esp with AWB. So Trippier would be short term back up and give us an option to change it around.

I still think this will happen for around 10-15m pounds. Doesn't he have like 1 yr left on his contract?

nainaisson

Well.. They were stupid enough to trigger Pepe's and Partey's release clause in the last minute though. We did the same with Fellaini.
How dare you put the Chinese Super League's top scorer in the same category as those two overpriced, overrated clowns.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
At the beginning of their career I used to absolutely hate the Nevilles player wise. Their positioning was iffy, their tackling was rash and they weren't really physically imposing. I felt guilty about it because they were fantastic kids. However their mistakes costed us. For example we were at an inch away from losing the treble because of Philip Neville's tackle against Arsenal in the FA semi final cup. If Irwin was a ferrari, the Nevilles were a skoda.

Sir Alex would not listen to any criticism about that. Week after Week he would play Gary Neville irrespective of any mistakes he might do. There was a time when he even tried to play him as CB which proven to be a disaster. Yet the man didn't lose his cool, he stuck to the guy and he turned out to become a fantastic servant to the club. Sure Gaz never reached Irwin's heights. However his positioning improved, his tackling became less rash, he became a leader and years training with Beckham made him quite decent going forward as well. At one time he became the best RB in the nation.

Years later the strategy seemed to have changed. We secured Jones and Smalling early so they can be brought in the first team slowly. Sir Alex gave them as many games as possibly usually as RB or as DM. Unfortunately the experiment ended up failing big time. Smalling might have trained with Vidic but he was nowhere near as good to Nemanja. Same with Jones who is as close to Rio in terms of talent as a Christmas pudding is to Lionel Messi.

I am not a big fan of AWB. I think his game is somehow limited and he's nowhere near in terms of talent to the 50m fee we paid for him. However if we believe in him then we should play him week in week out. That's how players improve. Adding Trippier will only strip AWB of his confidence and that precious game time need to polish any potential rough diamond.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Daily Mirror reporting. If true, we can give up any hope of a title challenge. Everyone knows we were 3-4 (possibly even five) players shot last season. We need to get Edwin VdS in as woodward's replacement asap before we descend into mediocracy for years on end
  • Manchester United have ended their interest in signing Atletico Madrid defender Kieran Trippier and will not make any further signings this summer.

pascell

Daily Mirror reporting. If true, we can give up any hope of a title challenge. Everyone knows we were 3-4 (possibly even five) players shot last season. We need to get Edwin VdS in as woodward's replacement asap before we descend into mediocracy for years on end
  • Manchester United have ended their interest in signing Atletico Madrid defender Kieran Trippier and will not make any further signings this summer.
Exactly, Daily Mirror, don't sweat it, we're not done yet.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Didn't we 'cool' interest in Telles last summer too?

Luckhurst has been pretty much spot on for us this summer and has said that we will make a third signing and also that if the Trippier deal happens, it'll be late in the window.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not surprising if true. We can’t shift anyone so we won’t sign anyone

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah I think any further business is shelved until we can get some out. Tuanzebe going on loan for £5m was a start, at least

sugar_kane

Have to assume this is a negotiating stance, can’t see us suddenly being convinced by Dalot on the back of one strong half in a friendly.

izec

Have to assume this is a negotiating stance, can’t see us suddenly being convinced by Dalot on the back of one strong half in a friendly.
Dalot can still be sold in 2 weeks if a club emerges and offers 15m, but Atletico have to lower their fee though. I think we would meet them somewhere around 15-20m, but if they keep on insisting with close to 30m, then i dont see the point going for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.