Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeh1991

Kim is comfortable on both sides of central defense and has got everything to succeed in the PL. Would be foolish not to try get him. Another advantage would be that if Casemiro gets a ban, we could use Licha as DM (or DM/CB hybrid) with Kim and Varane behind him. He is also pretty stable and hasn't had a worrisome injury record so far.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Kim is comfortable on both sides of central defense and has got everything to succeed in the PL. Would be foolish not to try get him. Another advantage would be that if Casemiro gets a ban, we could use Licha as DM (or DM/CB hybrid) with Kim and Varane behind him. He is also pretty stable and hasn't had a worrisome injury record so far.
Please, just No.

Baxquux

This would be a great deal - we dont seem to utilize release clauses enough. But in terms of the position and FFP/credit to buy, I think we'd need to look at selling at least one of maguire/lind as well as two 'minor' defenders (Williams, Telles) before this becomes viable, given money that needs to be spent elsewhere.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Ten Hag prefers to play 3-1-6 anyway. He needs 2 solid speedy defenders behind 1 ball-playing central one (Licha). Kim would be pivotal to this scheme.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Impressive, but the least likely of options given that Napoli want a lot of money and ETH will almost certainly want to Varane - Martinez next year.

ysi1919

Impressive, but the least likely of options given that Napoli want a lot of money and ETH will almost certainly want to Varane - Martinez next year.
Rumored to have 60m release clause

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Please make this happen. By most accounts he’s a really high quality CB. Good age too.

Dazzmondo

I don't see us having the budget to go for Kim. What's the point in having Varane if we were to get Kim? Just not a big enough upside to the signing when you consider we have to prioritise striker, cm and rb ahead of it in that order. Maybe if we get all those positions sorted and get more from sales than expected he would be an option but I don't believe he's being looked at as a realistic option. Evan Ndicka seems like a more realistic cheap cb option who could come for the depth we lose with Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe (all of whom will hopefully be sold).

Lyng

I don't see us having the budget to go for Kim. What's the point in having Varane if we were to get Kim? Just not a big enough upside to the signing when you consider we have to prioritise striker, cm and rb ahead of it in that order. Maybe if we get all those positions sorted and get more from sales than expected he would be an option but I don't believe he's being looked at as a realistic option. Evan Ndicka seems like a more realistic cheap cb option who could come for the depth we lose with Maguire, Bailly, Tuanzebe (all of whom will hopefully be sold).
Given Varane's amount of injuries this season I suspect there would be plenty of matches for them both.

Dazzmondo

Much better option for us than Timber imo
One of the stupidest tweets I've ever seen. You'd need to be extremely dumb to believe anything like that could ever happen. You offer more money for no reason, a team can still offer less money and he can join them regardless :houllier:

Dazzmondo

Given Varane's amount of injuries this season I suspect there would be plenty of matches for them both.
But when everyone's fit do you expect Varane to start over Kim? I can't see Kim coming in to be a backup or squad player even if Varane does pick up injuries regularly. If Varane doesn't start when fit then you really have to question the logic of paying £350k per week to a player that isn't even a starter.

daba

One of the stupidest tweets I've ever seen. You'd need to be extremely dumb to believe anything like that could ever happen. You offer more money for no reason, a team can still offer less money and he can join them regardless :houllier:
Yep, the only reason you’d ever pay more is if the fee has to be paid in full all at once and you’d rather pay in instalments. Basically what Chelsea did for Enzo Fernandez I believe.

The reason this loser gives is a load of rubbish. Makes no sense for us or the player. Makes no sense for us as we’d end up paying more to Napoli and more to the player to convince him to go along with the whole thing. And makes no sense for the player as it removes any competition from the process which would help him bargain a better deal by playing clubs off one another. Add in the fact that the player has an agent who’s best interest us to make as much money for the player and themselves.

I believe nonsensical is the word I’m looking for.

Lyng

But when everyone's fit do you expect Varane to start over Kim? I can't see Kim coming in to be a backup or squad player even if Varane does pick up injuries regularly. If Varane doesn't start when fit then you really have to question the logic of paying £350k per week to a player that isn't even a starter.
If we make top 4 I think there will be plenty of games and rotation will be needed. It will also give Ten Hag more tactical options. Its all speculation whether the players would be satisfied with that or not so its difficult to comment on, but from our perspective I think its worth a shot.

IRN-BRUno

The release clause is only active the first two weeks of the 2024 summer transfer window
And it's been reported that he'll be doing military training in Korea during that period which makes it awkward for anyone interested in signing him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Any chance of signing this guy is slowly fading unless we get our selves sorted and do what we need to do to get top 4

Von Mistelroum

At £50-60m we'd be spending over half our budget on him. Definitely not worth it when it's not even the second most important position we need to strengthen and arguably not even the third.

croadyman

Thought Barca were in for N'dicka and generally they don't miss out on a player when that happens much like Madrid

Bondi77

Rasmus Hojland stated that Smalling was the best defender he has come up against in Serie A.....let that sink in before everyone starts doing a ' Sancho day' on this donkey.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rasmus Hojland stated that Smalling was the best defender he has come up against in Serie A.....let that sink in before everyone starts doing a ' Sancho day' on this donkey.
Right ok

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What makes him a donkey? :confused:

Bondi77

What makes him a donkey? :confused:
Smalling... even at this stage of his career is rated higher by one of the top strikers in Italy.
Why would we be interested in bringing a player like that to the club for 50mil?

Lay

Smalling... even at this stage of his career is rated higher by one of the top strikers in Italy.
Why would we be interested in bringing a player like that to the club for 50mil?

He isn’t rated higher than Kim. One player saying that doesn’t mean it’s the actual truth. Smalling has been good but Kim has been better and was apart of a title winning team.

Also one of the top strikers? He has 7 goals

And still wondering how you conclude he’s a donkey. I assume you’ve seen him play to come to that conclusion?

Bondi77

He isn’t rated higher than Kim. One player saying that doesn’t mean it’s the actual truth. Smalling has been good but Kim has been better and was apart of a title winning

Also one of the top strikers? He has 7 goals

And still wondering how you conclude he’s a donkey. I assume you’ve seen him play to come to that conclusion?
I think I will go with the opinion of a striker that has played in the league before anyone on here if you don't mind and if he is not one of the top strikers I assume we will get him cheaply if we move for him???

Lay

Having pl

I think I will go with the opinion of a striker that has played in the league before anyone on here if you don't mind and if he is not one of the top strikers I assume we will get him cheaply if we move for him???

No of course not. Amad cost a lot from the same team and played about 20 minutes. So why would you think teams would sell cheaply when an English team is after them?

Also you seem to thrive on shitting on other leagues so you clearly have some sort of agenda against everything on EPL.

So how many times have you seen Kim to conclude he’s a donkey?

Bondi77

No of course not. Amad cost a lot from the same team and played about 20 minutes. So why would you think teams would sell cheaply when an English team is after them?

Also you seem to thrive on shitting on other leagues so you clearly have some sort of agenda against everything on EPL.

So how many times have you seen Kim to conclude he’s a donkey?
About as many as I saw Nunez play for Benfica before he went to Liverpool.

Lay

About as many as I saw Nunez play for Benfica before he went to Liverpool.
So what does he do that makes him seem like a donkey? you’re just posting shite aren’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.