Kim Min-jae | signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licha M

Chances of Varane suddenly becoming less injury prone than Bruno the moment we sign Kim?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
How is he on the ball?
Unlike the above poster who said he was "Good", I disagree as from what I've seen him which admittedly is roughly 20 games or so only but he reminds me of Vidic in that he is brave, strong, good reactions, good reading of the game and strong in the air but think he's much happier giving it to someone to play the pass but he doesn't struggle under pressure as he uses his strength very well.

EDIT: Bear in mind he may be good on the ball and that's a tactical instruction from Spalletti as he has Rrahmani next to him who progresses the ball much better IMO

WirralRed

Is he dominant in the air? Really could do with another CB who is, and also a keeper who comes for crosses, should make a huge difference.

Onerealunited

Would be an incredible peace of work to close this deal before the start of the pre-season tour and at the mentioned price.

Hopefully this would mean that we would have sorted our CB for a few years…

What feels even better is that this move would mean that Maguire this time really could be gone from the club as he hopefully wouldn’t want to be 4/5th choice (depending on whether Lindelöf stays or not

Castia

Seems certain that Maguire will be sold so it’s a no brainier to sign him with his buyout clause.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This would be a quality addition if we can get this done. Would allow us to play 3 at the back in some games too. Think ETH has realised how bad we are without Varane and martinez.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Varane, Kim, Martinez and Lindelof are pretty decent. Add in Shaw who can cover also. That’s a pretty good group.

NYAS

@mazhar13 we need you in here man. Any info on how reliable the source is on the previous page? Or if the article even exists?

glasgow 21

Would much rather get him than Timber honestly
I would rather have his height is the bottom line. I think in away gamse we need a bit height/ resistance in the team to balance out the aggression the home side. Why i think a move on Gravenberch / K Thuram may be interesting with Big bro on free aswell. ( caveat being they get on , unlike most families LOL)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can any Italian/Neopolitan based caftards back up the veracity of those sources?
I've eaten Neopolitan ice cream before (that's chocolate, vanilla and strawberry all together in Jens Lehman terms) and I can indeed confirm those sources are most veracious.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Ill be shocked if AWB leaves, been one of our best players since the WC tbh.
I’ve always backed AWB against the nonsense against him on here - he’s a good RB but I still think Dalot’s profile suits where ETH wants us to be going forward and that’s why he’ll keep him over AWB. ETH loves timber and if he leaves Ajax I just don’t see him not going for him.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He would be a too smart adition to our team to be true.

Varane is injury prone, we can' rely only on Licha, we need to offload Maguire, so having one of the best CB in Europe that fits Ten Hags football would be too good.

It's sure Bayern or City or PSG will come and sign him before us.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s good on the ball but he isn’t an elite ball playing defender. He’s physical and has good pace on him. He’s had a great season and is a very good player but he’s been given the run around a couple of times by pacy players. Mauni didn’t rip him apart but he gave Kim a few problems with his pace. I only saw tidbits from the Milan 4-0 defeat but he had a bad time against Leao I believe. Physically not many will get better of him.

That being said, there isn’t a better defender out there on the market. He and Martinez will be two aggressive centre backs that’s for sure

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He would be a too smart adition to our team to be true.

Varane is injury prone, we can' rely only on Licha, we need to offload Maguire, so having one of the best CB in Europe that fits Ten Hags football would be too good.

It's sure Bayern or City or PSG will come and sign him before us.
Bayern are set at CB and PSG have just added Skrinar for zero outlay. I'd be more worried about Liverpool who are seeking to strengthen there and City who will desire an elite Laporte replacement

SAFMUTD

He's a no brainer but I doubt we'll make the move for him. If rumors are true his release clause if valid only for the first 15 days of the window. I don't think we'll move that fast were as slow as snails regarding negotiations.

Also I don't think he'll agree to be a rotation player, he may earn the starting place but at this moment Lisandro and Varane are nailed.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Bayern are set at CB and PSG have just added Skrinar for zero outlay. I'd be more worried about Liverpool who are seeking to strengthen there and City who will desire an elite Laporte replacement
Tuchel wants to play 3 at the back. He has only De Ligt and Upa (Pavard will leave, and Hernandez is also very doubtful for them).

PSG wants to offload Ramos, so they only have Marquinhos.

Liverpool, if they don't have the CL (which I trully hope) won't have the need to compete with us, sportively or in terms of money.

City agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.