Gaming Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a game coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One in *2015. The game is a realistic single-player RPG set in medieval Europe. Open-world sandbox with period accurate melee combat. Dungeons & no Dragons.

It's got 43 hours to go on it's kickstarter, with over 900k pledged so far (goal was 300k).

RedCafe seems to have lots of RPG fans and since it has reached over 3 times it's pledge already thought I'd make a thread for it. They did a live-stream today for those interested.

The stream is being played on lasts years build, which is apparently now outdated, with another 2 years to go *(comes out next year, but they mention '2 years to go' a lot). They ask that you keep that in mind are a little forgiving with some of the animations, expressions, faces etc. Still, it looks fantastic I think.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
Looks promising (especially considering that it cost tens ot times less than the likes of Skyrim or Dragon Age).

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Please add a medieval battle into the game which you are part of (Like Viking: Battle for Asgard but better). :drool:

walsh

Definitely going to be monitoring this game but I just don't like the idea of putting money down on a game that is nearly (and quite possibly) 2 years away.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Comes out on Tuesday, anyone getting it?

Cant see any reviews so I guess they have been embargoed until release...not a good sign

The Bloody-Nine

Been keeping an eye on it since it was announced but I'm not convinced yet. I'll wait on reviews.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's a nice historically accurate, old school RPG shaped niche that this game could fill within NG gaming. Margins really are tight - there's just as much chance of this being a bland, dime-a-dozen open world with sluggish mechanics done to death as there is of it leading a new wave of historical game series to pump out.

Will sit tight until early patches and reviews trickle out. I can live with bad facial animations if the rest of the game is sheen.

Simbo

Expecting a good, fairly unique game, but no doubt it'll get a lot of criticism from people who have been hyped into thinking it is something else.

Revan

Assumptionman
Am I the only one who got a vibe of The Witcher from this.

Obviously, even if it is just as good as The Witcher 1, it would still be a good game and build the platform for the following games.

Art Vandelay

Have it pre-ordered and just waiting on the unlock now. It's got the potential to be either brilliant or an epic shitfest. Haven't bought a game in months and I'd rather take a chance on something like this than EA trying to mug me. I'm quite excited for it.

Marcelinho87

Yup got it pre-ordered on PC and can't fecking wait.

Seen enough footage and read enough stuff to know this game is going to be amazing.

Kaos

I can see this being one of those games that won't necessarily be received well by critics but will develop a dedicated cult following and an active modding community.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Am I the only one who got a vibe of The Witcher from this.

Obviously, even if it is just as good as The Witcher 1, it would still be a good game and build the platform for the following games.
That was amazing. In a very subdue way but amazing nonetheless.

Plus the guys who made the Game of Thrones mod for Total War(?) are already working on a mod for this set in The Riverlands.

Stactix

I have a tad too much to play at the moment, okay that's a huge fecking understatement.
Hopefully it succeeds as it looks pretty good and always love seeing Indie devs thrive.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Let's face it, it's never a good thing if they embargo it until the release. Would be surprised if this thing is actually any good, but would love if it was, cause the premise is cool.

SuperiorXI

Is there any reason for a review embargo other than the game is going to be a big pile of shit and needs to rip off as much people as possible until it becomes obvious?

Massive Spanner

Is there any reason for a review embargo other than the game is going to be a big pile of shit and needs to rip off as much people as possible until it becomes obvious?
Apparently there's a huge day one patch so I guess they want reviews to be using that? But yeah, it's never good. Devs know if their game is good or not and I really can't think of many well reviewed games that had release day embargoes on them. Most well reviewed games let the embargo end a week in advance so that people see the reviews and get more hyped.

Example being Bioware lifted the embargo a week early on Dragon Age 3 and only the day before release on Andromeda.

The Bloody-Nine

The embargo doesn't necessarily mean it will be shit. Bethesda implemented review embargoes on all of their games, for example, including excellent ones like Doom, Dishonored 2 and Prey. It is kind of shitty for the consumer, though.

And I'm not saying that certain companies don't use them to try and conceal shitty games.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ill wait for reviews then ill wait for a sale. I have a backlog of about 15 games.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I for some reason expect it to feel like a ubisoft game. So unless players reviews are largely positive months after release, then I'll skip.

Massive Spanner

PC Gamer first impressions are promising but it looks buggy as hell and seemingly my GTX 970 won't really be able to handle it right now. Think this is definitely one to wait a few months on.

Bojan11

The embargo doesn't necessarily mean it will be shit. Bethesda implemented review embargoes on all of their games, for example, including excellent ones like Doom, Dishonored 2 and Prey. It is kind of shitty for the consumer, though.

And I'm not saying that certain companies don't use them to try and conceal shitty games.
Exactly this.

But Bethesda fecked up big time as those games reviewed well but the embargo shit meant people were put off. If they let the reviews out a week early and promoted it they probably would have sold better.

Obviously not comparing this to GTA Or rockstar games. But rockstar do the same.

You can get a vibe when a game is going to be bad. There are a few who had late embargo’s that you knew would be average because impressions on reddit or other gaming communities werent great.

Bojan11

Mixed reviews. Some places giving it 8 or recommended. Others 4. Most of the moaning is about the technical issues. I’d probably pick it up in a few weeks when it’s no doubt £25.

Massive Spanner

The save system sounds like it would really annoy me. Hopefully they take the feedback and implement quick save.