Gaming Kingdom Come: Deliverance

KingCantona87

See you in 6 months and re-evaluate then.
I feel the same about this. I don't understand why publishing companies give the developers more time to polish things off so that it is presented on launch in the best possible manner. That would equate to better sales and a better long term reputation.

Art Vandelay

I'm quite liking it so far. It had a very ropey start, stuttering in the opening cinematic, dodgy textures and way too much head bobbing. It's settled down though and has gotten much better. It's quite immersive and I'm freaking people out walking around covered in blood and bruises(dunno how to fix that yet) due to a misunderstanding involving some nails.

Combat tutorial with sword felt a lot better than I expected, slow and tactical yet fun. Fist fighting it didn't bother it's arse explaining and felt a bit shit. Then again The Witcher 3 has that problem with shit fist fighting and it's the best game ever. Combat with groups felt a bit dodgy too when I accidentally punched guy on my side in the head.

It's not without its issues. It looks dated, plays a bit clunky and some mechanics are ropey. However, it's very deep and feels a lot like Oblivion. It's got the best codex I've ever seen, there's so much in it and it's actually educational. I've only played a couple of hours, but I liked a lot more than I hated. It's definitely got a charm to it, it's just whether or not the technical issues eventually outweigh that charm.

It's also very daunting with all the systems going on. It feels like it has way more going on than an Elder Scrolls game and it's a bit mind boggling.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I'm quite liking it so far. It had a very ropey start, stuttering in the opening cinematic, dodgy textures and way too much head bobbing. It's settled down though and has gotten much better. It's quite immersive and I'm freaking people out walking around covered in blood and bruises(dunno how to fix that yet) due to a misunderstanding involving some nails.

Combat tutorial with sword felt a lot better than I expected, slow and tactical yet fun. Fist fighting it didn't bother it's arse explaining and felt a bit shit. Then again The Witcher 3 has that problem with shit fist fighting and it's the best game ever. Combat with groups felt a bit dodgy too when I accidentally punched guy on my side in the head.

It's not without its issues. It looks dated, plays a bit clunky and some mechanics are ropey. However, it's very deep and feels a lot like Oblivion. It's got the best codex I've ever seen, there's so much in it and it's actually educational. I've only played a couple of hours, but I liked a lot more than I hated. It's definitely got a charm to it, it's just whether or not the technical issues eventually outweigh that charm.

It's also very daunting with all the systems going on. It feels like it has way more going on than an Elder Scrolls game and it's a bit mind boggling.
Do us a favour and tag me with updates purty please. Primarily on the writing, main + side quest quality, and bugs.

Danke.

Art Vandelay

Do us a favour and tag me with updates purty please. Primarily on the writing, main + side quest quality, and bugs.

Danke.
No problem. I've booked today and tomorrow off as I've a pile of leave to use up before next month so I've been getting stuck into it and reckon I'll pull an all nighter. Only turned it off to watch the match and do some in play bets. I was really enjoying it. I'm about 4 or 5 hours in. Seen barely any combat, the action heavy bits you really can't fight in them as you will die. You really are a nobody that can't fight, not a Dovahkin or mutant swordsman. You have to earn everything.

The main quest is a strange one so far, it shouldn't really be as gripping as it is, but it's somehow just working and is pulling me along nicely. There was one bit where I was totally waiting for Henry to bang a woman, then I remembered he wasn't Geralt. It's got a wonderful sense of place, I just want to wander around and explore yet I also want to see what's next. Random American accents are very distracting, but generally voice acting has been decent. It's very linear so far, which I think is a good thing in open world games, I wish more would take a while at the start and set things up before letting you loose. Bethesda lean towards it, but not enough for me.

I'm still covered in blood, now mud and torn clothes too. Mate is in same situation so we assume the game will explain that to us at some point. It's only just explained sleeping. He's several hours behind me because he's spent so long reading the codex, it really is wonderful. He's just text me to say he's enjoying the story too, described it as film like and "not cheesy", I'm not sure what that means, but it is very grounded.

Night is incredibly dark from what I've seen, you need a torch with you. I've seen it piss down with rain from a clear sky though. I don't really know what to compare it to, it's like Oblivion, TW3 and Shenmue. Yet also feels dated. It's the sense of place though that really makes it, all the small touches and the way it feels. It's very well done.

Bugs have mostly been graphical. Had one where cutscene was staring at a wall. A guy's eyes were too big for the sockets. Graphics veer wildly between gorgeous and PS3 quality. It never reaches TW3 standards, but it's often gorgeous and the landscape looks fantastic. Then you get stuff like an apple looking PS3 quality. You can have two people stood beside each other, one looks brilliant and the other like they let the work experience kid design his face. Controls are not smooth, even telling you to press the wrong button at times. My horse wandered off in a random circle while I was being chased by archers, we all just wandered in a stupid circle for about 2 minutes until the horse sorted itself out and ran off. Henry went over the same line of dialogue twice during a cutscene. Nothing major really, but it still feels unpolished.

There's other nice touches but they are probably spoilers. I won't say how, but I saved someone by using the whistle for the horse command. If you have any questions I'll try and answer them, but I'm really still getting to grips with all the systems.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
No problem. I've booked today and tomorrow off as I've a pile of leave to use up before next month so I've been getting stuck into it and reckon I'll pull an all nighter. Only turned it off to watch the match and do some in play bets. I was really enjoying it. I'm about 4 or 5 hours in. Seen barely any combat, the action heavy bits you really can't fight in them as you will die. You really are a nobody that can't fight, not a Dovahkin or mutant swordsman. You have to earn everything.

The main quest is a strange one so far, it shouldn't really be as gripping as it is, but it's somehow just working and is pulling me along nicely. There was one bit where I was totally waiting for Henry to bang a woman, then I remembered he wasn't Geralt. It's got a wonderful sense of place, I just want to wander around and explore yet I also want to see what's next. Random American accents are very distracting, but generally voice acting has been decent. It's very linear so far, which I think is a good thing in open world games, I wish more would take a while at the start and set things up before letting you loose. Bethesda lean towards it, but not enough for me.

I'm still covered in blood, now mud and torn clothes too. Mate is in same situation so we assume the game will explain that to us at some point. It's only just explained sleeping. He's several hours behind me because he's spent so long reading the codex, it really is wonderful. He's just text me to say he's enjoying the story too, described it as film like and "not cheesy", I'm not sure what that means, but it is very grounded.

Night is incredibly dark from what I've seen, you need a torch with you. I've seen it piss down with rain from a clear sky though. I don't really know what to compare it to, it's like Oblivion, TW3 and Shenmue. Yet also feels dated. It's the sense of place though that really makes it, all the small touches and the way it feels. It's very well done.

Bugs have mostly been graphical. Had one where cutscene was staring at a wall. A guy's eyes were too big for the sockets. Graphics veer wildly between gorgeous and PS3 quality. It never reaches TW3 standards, but it's often gorgeous and the landscape looks fantastic. Then you get stuff like an apple looking PS3 quality. You can have two people stood beside each other, one looks brilliant and the other like they let the work experience kid design his face. Controls are not smooth, even telling you to press the wrong button at times. My horse wandered off in a random circle while I was being chased by archers, we all just wandered in a stupid circle for about 2 minutes until the horse sorted itself out and ran off. Henry went over the same line of dialogue twice during a cutscene. Nothing major really, but it still feels unpolished.

There's other nice touches but they are probably spoilers. I won't say how, but I saved someone by using the whistle for the horse command. If you have any questions I'll try and answer them, but I'm really still getting to grips with all the systems.
Ohh, sweet little run down, thanks.

Im jonesing for a meaty RPG but hearing about the lack of polish is putting me off.

Makes sense to wait for a few patches in before buying but I really want to play it.

Art Vandelay

Ohh, sweet little run down, thanks.

Im jonesing for a meaty RPG but hearing about the lack of polish is putting me off.

Makes sense to wait for a few patches in before buying but I really want to play it.
It will probably drop in price quickly too, so best off holding off. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, only really pulled the trigger on buying it when I won big in the bookies. I liked the look of it, but wasn't sure which way it was going to go. I'm pleasantly surprised despite the lack of polish. On the polish front I'd compare it maybe to an Obsidian game.

Tosicsleftpeg

I just played 2 hours worth and I'm hooked. Yes it's quite buggy but it's great too. I got one hell of a shock when I came across my first enemy group in the intro bit. 3 guys neck turned I went up and stabbed a guy expecting him to die, the stab drew blood but he was armoured so they all turned on me and cut me down straight away.... I was not expecting that.

Shortly after dying by the doors of an enemy I was then very quickly killed by a bow an arrow (this is basically the intro and I died twice ) I absolutely love how tough the game seems so far.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Is this the game in which you play as a nobody soldier and not some kind of chosen one?

Art Vandelay

I just played 2 hours worth and I'm hooked. Yes it's quite buggy but it's great too. I got one hell of a shock when I came across my first enemy group in the intro bit. 3 guys neck turned I went up and stabbed a guy expecting him to die, the stab drew blood but he was armoured so they all turned on me and cut me down straight away.... I was not expecting that.

Shortly after dying by the doors of an enemy I was then very quickly killed by a bow an arrow (this is basically the intro and I died twice ) I absolutely love how tough the game seems so far.
Yeah I found that out the hard way too.
Did you manage to rescue her? I sneaked past them, got right up close to the horse and then whistled. Which caused them to leave her and run after me.

@DatIrishFella

I've completed the prologue, took about 7 or 8 hours. I'm now loose in the open world doing quests around a city. It's finally given me full combat training and sword fighting is much more fun than it looks. It's better than Skyrim combat as you actually have to think and react.

I've been doing the stealthing/theiving Skyrim style and it's not working out for me. I saw an ax outside a shop when I felt I needed a weapon wandering the streets at night. So I had a look around felt no one was in sight distance and lifted it. Guy spotted me from a fair distance away and yelled for guards. One came running and I took off. Avoided him and other guards didn't pay much attention to me as they weren't involved. I thought I'd gotten away with it until I decided to wait outside a shop until it opened and the guard found me. Dumped me in jail and now they keep randomly searching me, much to my annoyance.

Kaos

Did you manage to rescue her? I sneaked past them, got right up close to the horse and then whistled. Which caused them to leave her and run after me.

@DatIrishFella

I've completed the prologue, took about 7 or 8 hours. I'm now loose in the open world doing quests around a city. It's finally given me full combat training and sword fighting is much more fun than it looks. It's better than Skyrim combat as you actually have to think and react.

I've been doing the stealthing/theiving Skyrim style and it's not working out for me. I saw an ax outside a shop when I felt I needed a weapon wandering the streets at night. So I had a look around felt no one was in sight distance and lifted it. Guy spotted me from a fair distance away and yelled for guards. One came running and I took off. Avoided him and other guards didn't pay much attention to me as they weren't involved. I thought I'd gotten away with it until I decided to wait outside a shop until it opened and the guard found me. Dumped me in jail and now they keep randomly searching me, much to my annoyance.
Stop right there criminal scum!

Art Vandelay

Stop right there criminal scum!
:lol: They don't even do that. They are so polite they will quietly ask for a word with you from a distance then jog after you. I'm hoping it stops soon as it's interfering with my theft career. They took a sword I found on a corpse but couldn't use, yet left me the ax. Assholes. That sword was going to get me big bucks for selling it.

How do i do a spoiler? Found a lovely loot stash right at the start of game back in your original village.
[ spoiler ] at start of the spoiler and [/ spoiler] at the end. Without the spaces.

The Bloody-Nine

Having watched a few reviews, I think this looks more suited to the PC. Reckon that will be my platform of choice.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
:lol: They don't even do that. They are so polite they will quietly ask for a word with you from a distance then jog after you. I'm hoping it stops soon as it's interfering with my theft career. They took a sword I found on a corpse but couldn't use, yet left me the ax. Assholes. That sword was going to get me big bucks for selling it.

[ spoiler ] at start of the spoiler and [/ spoiler] at the end. Without the spaces.
ffs! Spoiler that shit!

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

@DatIrishFella

Well that sounds fecking amazing. :lol:

The head guy at Warhorse said to expect another patch in two weeks. Common sense says wait but Im most likely going to wilt and buy it on thurs/fri.

It sounds fantastic.

EDIT: Just remembered i still have to finish MGS. Going through it a 2nd time, on PC tgis time with mods.

Gameplay is so fun.

Maybe i will wait afterall.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This sounds a lot more better than I thought it would. For someone who likes the pseudo open world feel while still being led along the way like TW3 vs Skyrim which to me was just a victim of its too much repetition and nothingness would this fall more in the first category?

Tosicsleftpeg

I'm loving it so far, all I want is the bugs fixed. There is a big issue with textures loading fur me on PS4. I far travel into a town and everything is just flat texture with no detail for quite some time before it loads.

If they ironed out the issues like that this game would be incredible.

Art Vandelay

Having watched a few reviews, I think this looks more suited to the PC. Reckon that will be my platform of choice.
Yeah, a lot of the controls don't feel natural on a controller. Such as sprinting then vaulting, you have to continue holding B to sprint then press X while not letting go of B. Which is just not comfortable if you're gripping the controller normally. Also lockpicking is just a complete bollocks on a controller and for all the claims of total realism if you feck it up they can hear you from space. Probably all feels a lot better with mouse and keyboard.

This sounds a lot more better than I thought it would. For someone who likes the pseudo open world feel while still being led along the way like TW3 vs Skyrim which to me was just a victim of its too much repetition and nothingness would this fall more in the first category?
So far it leans more in the TW3 direction, although I now have the open world I can just go and explore I only really have about 4 quests on the go and it's pushing me along the main story. I suspect it will eventually go more free form like Skyrim once it has properly taught you the rules of the world, which are being nicely drip fed. Good pacing. I still think the game I compare it to most is Shenmue.

Tosicsleftpeg

This any good then? Worth buying on PS4? I'm not really one for RPGs but this looks decent.
I'm massively hooked its fantastic, the only issue for me is the bugs. They are mainly graphical and they are quite annoying at times. I'm past the prologue not and am in a Big town, the textures of buildings and shops don't load and you are left in a floorless room sometimes.

Once they release another patch or two the game will be incredible.

Stactix

I've really enjoyed the opening hour or so up to the second town. Liking most of the characters I've encountered and that dung mission was hilarious.
Only noticeable bug so far was Henry repeating one of his lines.
Playing on the xbox x

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yeah, a lot of the controls don't feel natural on a controller. Such as sprinting then vaulting, you have to continue holding B to sprint then press X while not letting go of B. Which is just not comfortable if you're gripping the controller normally. Also lockpicking is just a complete bollocks on a controller and for all the claims of total realism if you feck it up they can hear you from space. Probably all feels a lot better with mouse and keyboard.

So far it leans more in the TW3 direction, although I now have the open world I can just go and explore I only really have about 4 quests on the go and it's pushing me along the main story. I suspect it will eventually go more free form like Skyrim once it has properly taught you the rules of the world, which are being nicely drip fed. Good pacing. I still think the game I compare it to most is Shenmue.
Sweet thanks for the response. Will probably pick this up but will wait a month or two so hopefully the major bugs have been patched out or mods have been created for silly things that should have been in the game to begin with.

Marcelinho87

The Bloody-Nine

What kind of spec do you have? I have a new PC being put together currently, I'm wondering how well I can run it. It has an I7, a GTX 1080 and 16GB of RAM.

Revan

Assumptionman
What kind of spec do you have? I have a new PC being put together currently, I'm wondering how well I can run it. It has an I7, a GTX 1080 and 16GB of RAM.
It is not an AAA game, so I guess that any good PC will work.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sounds like my kind of game. Slow, methodical, good combat and good story. I've heard it's buggy so maybe I'll wait till that's sorted but one for the to do list for sure.