Gaming Kingdom Come: Deliverance

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The dialogue and voice over work is pretty bad. The character models are pretty, but the animations on the faces is very clunky. It's to be expected from an Indie game I guess.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else encountered warthogs yet? I was in a forest and two of the feckers attacked me. Wouldn’t leave me alone until I legged it out of the woods.

Art Vandelay

Anyone else encountered warthogs yet? I was in a forest and two of the feckers attacked me. Wouldn’t leave me alone until I legged it out of the woods.
Yes! Pair of them chased me as I was trying to sneak up on some goons. I don't recommend trying to fight them with a sword.

What's the music like? Comparable to Elder Scrolls? Jeremy Soule is fantastic.
It's not Jeremy Soule good, but I quite like it. It's fitting and atmospheric. Pretty good.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yes! Pair of them chased me as I was trying to sneak up on some goons. I don't recommend trying to fight them with a sword.
That’s what I tried doing for a bit then I remembered Henry saying earlier to fight them with spears.

I also had a bug early on in that castle you’re supposed to escape from. There’s a room with a chest in that you can lock pick, but instead of the room being empty there were four guards all just standing there. I had to step into the room to make them notice me, then one at a time they buggered off.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Anyone know how to level stealth? I can't get any experience in it at all. Possibly because I'm rattling like Robocop at mardi gras.
You have to perform lockpickinh or pickpocket. You learn the pickpocket skill from the miller where theresa lives. You may need to complete his first quest to learn it though.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Just bought this. Hopefully my pentium g4560 + RX 480 can handle it.

If it's 50% the game that Witcher 3 was, then i will be happy :)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Must say, they've nailed the visuals and atmosphere in this game. When they polish the game and redo the hateful interface then they'll have a winner. It's a bit clunky.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Just bought this. Hopefully my pentium g4560 + RX 480 can handle it.

If it's 50% the game that Witcher 3 was, then i will be happy :)
My old and wrinkly i5 3750k and 670 combo manages to handle medium settings at 60fps, so you should be fine!

Art Vandelay

You have to perform lockpickinh or pickpocket. You learn the pickpocket skill from the miller where theresa lives. You may need to complete his first quest to learn it though.
I've got those, but not been using them much. I assumed it was leveled by actually sneaking around and I'd been doing it wrong.

@DatIrishFella

Hit my first real big problem with bugs. Combat that never ends meaning you can't interact with the world. I lost 45 minutes of play time thanks to this and the save system. I actually don't mind the save system, but combined with bugs and crashing it's obviously not ideal.

I was fighting a group of four Cumans, took one out, one was an archer and the other two very, very aggressive swords men that I was struggling to land blows on. I knew there was a coal burners camp nearby, I backed up luring them there so I could see what happens. Some of the camp fled, the spokesman immediately whipped out an ax and charged one of them. Leaving me and another ax-man to take out the remaining Cuman, which we did. Spokesman and his Cuman have disappeared, Spokesman returns with Cuman nowhere to be seen. He's either fled or died. I go kill the archer that's still in the woods. Combat never ends no matter how far I go and I never did find that other Cuman. After riding several miles north I had to give up on it.

Last edited:

Stactix

Made some good progress today, the Priest mission had me in stitches.

Also liked how I wasn't locked off from a questline even after I'd chosen an option taking me down the alternative route.
Found his Sister, got her to confide in me his whereabouts, 4 guys turn up.. I'm thinking.. fffffffffffffffeck
End up telling them where he is hoping I can still save Timmy, they pay me, leave one guy with me. I kill him. Chase after the other 3, tackle and kill one. peasant walks by and starts running off. I'm thinking, feckers going to grass on me isn't he..
Kill the other two, guard runs past just as I finish the last one, probably going back to the first 1 I killed?
Part of me wishes I'd left one alive till he reached the town Timmy was at, just to see what happens.
But pretty cool, that despite giving Timmy up, I still managed to save him.

Last edited:

Stactix

I've got those, but not been using them much. I assumed it was leveled by actually sneaking around and I'd been doing it wrong.
I think that one levels up when you're lockpicking or pickpocketing while in a restricted area / trespassing.
Possibly while crouched too?

edit:Stealth: leveled up by moving stealthily in the vicinity of enemies and performing stealth takedowns from behind.

or not.. I'm sure I got a level up while lockpicking in a private area.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

@DatIrishFella

Hit my first real big problem with bugs. Combat that never ends meaning you can't interact with the world. I lost 45 minutes of play time thanks to this and the save system. I actually don't mind the save system, but combined with bugs and crashing it's obviously not ideal.

I was fighting a group of four Cumans, took one out, one was an archer and the other two very, very aggressive swords men that I was struggling to land blows on. I knew there was a coal burners camp nearby, so I backed up luring them there so I could see what happens. Some of the camp fled, the spokesman man immediately whipped out an ax and charged on of them. Leaving me and another ax-man to take out the remaining Cuman, which we did. Spokesman and his Cuman have disappeared, Spokesman returns with Cuman nowhere to be seen. He's either fled or died. I go kill the archer that's still in the woods. Combat never ends no matter how far I go and I never did find that other Cuman. After riding several miles north I had to give up on it.
That hasn't happened to me in proper combat yet but it did happen twice at the archery range. Once Capon wouldn't fire his arrows and the second time both townsfolk wouldn't fire theirs. Luckily I'd saved beforehand so didn't lose any progress when I reloaded. I also thought it was happening once after sword training but it did end after a minute or two of feck all.

Neelu

That hasn't happened to me in proper combat yet but it did happen twice at the archery range. Once Capon wouldn't fire his arrows and the second time both townsfolk wouldn't fire theirs. Luckily I'd saved beforehand so didn't lose any progress when I reloaded. I also thought it was happening once after sword training but it did end after a minute or two of feck all.
This happened to me during an archery contest. One of the shooters wont shoot any arrows and kept asking me to put away my weapon :houllier:. I shot near him to end the competetion and get a bounty on my head. Havent been to the town again yet.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Seems to be a very positive reaction on here?

Once I've finished Zelda I think this is next, and hopefully it's patched up by then !

Halftrack

Especially as places like reset era are saying we should boycott it because one member of staff is a idiot.
He's one of the co-founders and by all accounts a racist and sexist. I didn't know that when I bought the game, and I don't regret buying it. This is the most fun I've had in a game like this in forever. Witcher 3 is better written, but I'm liking the actual gameplay in this one more.

Still fairly early in the game for me, but I scored massive upgrades from a bandit. Was out in the woods retrieving birds for some fellow, and I hear some shouting. I turn around and see a bandit coming at me. He's the regular sort, and dispatching him is easy enough. As I'm done looting, another comes running. This guy is decked out, and I don't have high hopes. It gets a bit hairy, but he eventually surrenders. I'm heavily injured and bleeding, and more than a bit annoyed at this dude, so I slam in the head with my mace while he's on his knees. Feck him, the bastard. Loot him, and find some sick gear. The armour I was wearing at that point was worth no more than 7-800 groschen, while this guy had gear worth more than 3500 groschen. I went from scrappy looking amateur who couldn't scare a gnat, to having bandits run away from me when I enter their camps to clear them out. The leader is usually the only one who sticks around and dies, but I like to hide and wait for the others to return so that I can murder them as well.

Bojan11

He's one of the co-founders and by all accounts a racist and sexist. I didn't know that when I bought the game, and I don't regret buying it. This is the most fun I've had in a game like this in forever. Witcher 3 is better written, but I'm liking the actual gameplay in this one more.

Still fairly early in the game for me, but I scored massive upgrades from a bandit. Was out in the woods retrieving birds for some fellow, and I hear some shouting. I turn around and see a bandit coming at me. He's the regular sort, and dispatching him is easy enough. As I'm done looting, another comes running. This guy is decked out, and I don't have high hopes. It gets a bit hairy, but he eventually surrenders. I'm heavily injured and bleeding, and more than a bit annoyed at this dude, so I slam in the head with my mace while he's on his knees. Feck him, the bastard. Loot him, and find some sick gear. The armour I was wearing at that point was worth no more than 7-800 groschen, while this guy had gear worth more than 3500 groschen. I went from scrappy looking amateur who couldn't scare a gnat, to having bandits run away from me when I enter their camps to clear them out. The leader is usually the only one who sticks around and dies, but I like to hide and wait for the others to return so that I can murder them as well.
The issue I have is the hypocrisy.

Few journalists called out naughty dog staff on being sexist towards them. One member of staff got fired after filing a sexual harassment complaint. Yet I don’t see any threads on there to boycott Naughty Dog or Last of us 2 threads. They have a favouritism towards certain developers and publishers on there.

The Bloody-Nine

I thought the freaks who used to infest Gaf but now infest that other shithole labelled him a racist because there aren't any black people in a setting where there......weren't any black people. And he refused to give in to their incessant attempts at bullying.

The sexist thing is a new one. I haven't heard of that one before.

Neelu

I thought the freaks who used to infest Gaf but now infest that other shithole labelled him a racist because there aren't any black people in a setting where there......weren't any black people. And he refused to give in to their incessant attempts at bullying.

The sexist thing is a new one. I haven't heard of that one before.
His twitter feed is quite an interesting read if you really want to see why he comes of as racist and an all around asshole.

Halftrack

Based on what? That he made a historically accurate game?
Not based on the game. We know people of colour were all over the place even back then, but they were probably few and far between in the Bohemian countryside, and I don't think not including any should be seen as any kind of statement on behalf of Warhorse Studios.

His twitter feed, as mentioned, has been a pretty colourful place. He's a supporter of GG (which should be enough to tell you he's a pretty shitty person), and he supports the alt-right. As I said, not including POC in a game set in the landlocked Bohemian countryside shouldn't be taken as a statement by the developer, as I don't doubt that they were thin on the ground in those parts. That doesn't change the fact that he has some shitty views.

The issue I have is the hypocrisy.

Few journalists called out naughty dog staff on being sexist towards them. One member of staff got fired after filing a sexual harassment complaint. Yet I don’t see any threads on there to boycott Naughty Dog or Last of us 2 threads. They have a favouritism towards certain developers and publishers on there.
I agree, but that's kind of inevitable. Naughty Dog is a massive studio, owned by Sony and develops massively popular games. Given how the gaming media works, it's no wonder they wouldn't want to risk getting on their bad side. I'm not defending it or saying it's right, but it shouldn't come as a surprise, knowing what we know (one thing GG got right is that there's been a complete lack of any form of ethics or morals, but they tacked that on so that people wouldn't realise that the main objective was harassing women who tried to make games more woman-friendly).

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

@DatIrishFella

I was fighting a group of four Cumans, took one out, one was an archer and the other two very, very aggressive swords men that I was struggling to land blows on. I knew there was a coal burners camp nearby, I backed up luring them there so I could see what happens. Some of the camp fled, the spokesman immediately whipped out an ax and charged one of them. Leaving me and another ax-man to take out the remaining Cuman, which we did. Spokesman and his Cuman have disappeared, Spokesman returns with Cuman nowhere to be seen. He's either fled or died. I go kill the archer that's still in the woods. Combat never ends no matter how far I go and I never did find that other Cuman. After riding several miles north I had to give up on it.
According to the Kingdom Come sub reddit there should be a patch/hotfix today? Silly glitches I can deal with, but hearing some people losing saves due to bugged out missions is scary.

Neelu

According to the Kingdom Come sub reddit there should be a patch/hotfix today? Silly glitches I can deal with, but hearing some people losing saves due to bugged out missions is scary.
There is a mod for infinite(well 100) saves on PC so you dont have to be so tight with saving the game.

Art Vandelay

He's one of the co-founders and by all accounts a racist and sexist.
I honestly don't know why anyone would care about a dev's views. Studio's have hundreds of people working for them, at least one of those people is going to have a view you just can't get on with. The only time it bothers me is when they break my immersion with their views, like Bioware frequently do. What they do comes across as pandering rather than embracing/including, to me. It's also so blatantly obvious that it feels cynical.

I don't feel I should know a dev's views, I don't even feel I should know their names. The only time I won't buy a game when a particular dev is involved is when Hideo Kojima is involved. Because I know he's going to do everything he can to make the game somehow about him and it breaks my immersion. I don't want to see his name every 10 minutes or watch an hour of credits where he claims to have done everything or see him insert himself as a character. I just want him to make the game then feck off and leave me in peace to play it. The devs have inserted their faces into KCD I hear. I dunno what they look like so it doesn't bother me. Kojima though can't pass a stage without getting on it so I know full well what the fecker looks like.

Art Vandelay

Think it will take a few weeks on Xbox.

Learning to read is a pretty cool, mechanic. I'm loving all the touches like that. Thunderstorms are also excellent. I got a full suit of armour now, I can barely carry anything due to the weight. I also got a lovely warhammer, but not strong enough to use it on the gits in armour that keep killing me because swords can't slash through it.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Played for like 3 hours and already got battered at least 10 times. Some guard caught me walking around the city at night without having my torch on me, didn't have the money to pay the fine, so i tried to flee, but got caught and killed. :lol:

Few annoying bugs, but nothing that makes you give it up. I really like the realism in this game, but takes some time getting used to.

Drainy

I appreciate the link but there's no way I'm going to read anything from that shithole. I'll just take your word for it. :)
Some gamergate stuff, anti Islamic state stuff and a post about homicides in the USA being higher among ethnic minorities and remarking that it contadicts the public image of the Texas cowboy or some shit.

Stactix

It's a lifesaver that one!

There's also one for lockpicking which can be checked out here https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/3 - I haven't used it but I know the lockpicking minigame can be very frustrating sometimes.
Yeah at first lockpicking is brutal, I think I failed my first 40 picks (reloaded 4 times) on easy/very easy
Once I got to level 1, very easy was a piece of piss.
5-10 hours later, Very hard is very easy.
On the xbox.
I guess it makes sense, hard as feck at first, piss easy once you get used to it.

Hooowe, that was an awesome battle but so fecking tough. Those fecking bellend archers, must of died 20 odd times before I even fought Runt, Finally got to him and I had 30% HP.
Ended up having to cheese him, run around and got extremely lucky and headshotted him with an arrow. Quite amusing seeing as I couldn't fecking hit a stationary rabbit from 5 yards. Went back after the cutscene and looted most of the stuff, looted Runt aswell by using a glitch to jump over the wall!

Halftrack

Warhammers...:drool:

They are beastly. Armour no longer stands in my way.
Yeah, just bonk everyone in the head. Had two Cumans come at me, bonked the first one twice and he went down before the other one had even joined the fight.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I was fast travelling and got jumped by 5 bandits. Killed two of em but they had archers that fecked me up :(

Properly enjoying this game though, most I've enjoyed since Witcher 3.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
This looks pretty cool. Graphically it looks a lot like Witcher 3, or even better than that. :drool:

How does it compare for the quality of characters/quests/dialogue etc?