Gaming Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Drainy

since a couple of people are saying they are buying this and may not have seen my advice earlier in the thread- a few pointers

Unless you are doing some RP, I would advise to start with 2 points in agility, it seems to be the hardest combat stat to raise early the game.

Pick flowers and sell them. Make sure you pick nettles up until you get the Resistance perk- this adds 2 Vitality points, which given how easy it is to get in your starting village and how effective that buff is to start the game- its a real no brainer. Once you get to level 10 in herbalism, you can also pick a perk that increases your strength when you pick flowers.

Your character is meant to suck and fail at first- you are the son of a blacksmith with only a handful of previous lessons on swordplay/archery and you feel like that until you get professional training. Most things you suck at, you get a mentor in pretty early in the game so stick with it.

The criminal skills are optional with a character you meet early in the main questline, while the combat skills are mandatory and fairly early in the main quest

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
since a couple of people are saying they are buying this and may not have seen my advice earlier in the thread- a few pointers

Unless you are doing some RP, I would advise to start with 2 points in agility, it seems to be the hardest combat stat to raise early the game.

Pick flowers and sell them. Make sure you pick nettles up until you get the Resistance perk- this adds 2 Vitality points, which given how easy it is to get in your starting village and how effective that buff is to start the game- its a real no brainer. Once you get to level 10 in herbalism, you can also pick a perk that increases your strength when you pick flowers.

Your character is meant to suck and fail at first- you are the son of a blacksmith with only a handful of previous lessons on swordplay/archery and you feel like that until you get professional training. Most things you suck at, you get a mentor in pretty early in the game so stick with it.

The criminal skills are optional with a character you meet early in the main questline, while the combat skills are mandatory and fairly early in the main quest
I was going to pick the speech skills. Damn. But thanks!

Drainy

I was going to pick the speech skills. Damn. But thanks!
Perfectly viable! Go for it, I only suggest agility because it's a slower raising combat stat very early in the game. Once you receive your combat training agility raises a lot quicker as you gain an active block skill that levels it.

Speech is a really interesting playstyle in this game because it balances quite a number of factors- charisma being a dynamic stat based on your armour, and how clean you are and the speech skill, against how much the other person likes you and their skill levels.

I would still recommend the flowers thing though- you get 2 points of charisma just for having flowers in your inventory.

Art Vandelay

This looks pretty cool. Graphically it looks a lot like Witcher 3, or even better than that. :drool:

How does it compare for the quality of characters/quests/dialogue etc?
It's not on the same level as TW3 graphically. There's a lot of low res objects and TW3 is just more beautiful. It's a good looking game though and seems to be very authentic.

Characterwise, again it's not on the same level as TW3. It is very nicely done though and very immersive. Dialogue/quests can be a bit up and down.

It's a very good game, just don't expect TW3 levels. Most fun I've had with a game since Pillars of Eternity and I'm glad I bought it.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
feck I started a side quest and just left it for later only to find out that it will expire soon and my last save will make me lose about two hours of gameplay :mad:

Art Vandelay

@Art Vandelay I just choked out a guard in Talmberg cos I couldnt pick the lock for armour.

Where is this secret treasure chest near the start?
:lol: The last resort of desperate men. The damn game drives you to crime. I've become a thieving git just to spite the prick guards that keep searching me. Choking people out is apparently a good way to get plate armour very early.

Which chest? There's supposed to be one in Skallitz, but I got a quest to go back and get it later on. I've not done it yet. I got one of the pre-order chests fairly early, which you can get even without pre-ordering. It's east of the pitch burners camp near Rattay, in the woods.

Stactix

Couple of the main characters seem to have extra side missions at the point I'm at, although you don't have anyway of knowing without talking to them it seems.
Hans/ Excutioner both had one so far.
Not the ones that appear as 'quest givers'

Also, bit fecked. When I went to Uzshitz for the first time I "accidentally" killed the head groom, chucked his body in some bushes (no witnesses) Although he's now alive and very angry.. he's also a quest giver & a requirement for one of my current quests. He was in the church for ages, attacking me when I went near, beat him up with fists, let him go but he attacked me again the next time I tried.
I'm not sure if building up my reputation -97 will stop him being a cnut.
Even the fecking priest hates me now after our BAAA through the fields.(Best mission so far minus Runt possibly.)

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Couple of the main characters seem to have extra side missions at the point I'm at, although you don't have anyway of knowing without talking to them it seems.

Also, bit fecked. When I went to Uzshitz for the first time I "accidentally" killed the head groom, chucked his body in some bushes (no witnesses) Although he's now alive and very angry.. he's also a quest giver & a requirement for one of my current quests. He was in the church for ages, attacking me when I went near, beat him up with fists, let him go but he attacked me again the next time I tried.
Even the fecking priest hates me now after our BAAA through the fields.(Best mission so far minus Runt possibly.)
Those quest givers will show up after some time if you keep going to the quest tipsters.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
It's not on the same level as TW3 graphically. There's a lot of low res objects and TW3 is just more beautiful. It's a good looking game though and seems to be very authentic.

Characterwise, again it's not on the same level as TW3. It is very nicely done though and very immersive. Dialogue/quests can be a bit up and down.

It's a very good game, just don't expect TW3 levels. Most fun I've had with a game since Pillars of Eternity and I'm glad I bought it.
Alright. Will pick it up and go into it with moderately high expectations :p

I liked PoE a lot, too. :)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
picking flowers like a madman.

knocked ringlet the beggar unconscious when i'm almost certain he was about to yield cos i was spamming r1. I then looted his limp, potentially comatose body given his age and the chancer had 24.5 groschens on him. whipped.

The Bloody-Nine

The way horses control is appalling.

EDIT I'm now used to it. Ignore my exaggeration.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

I went into the Tavern near the monastery and fought the village brawler, ended up punching the maiden by accident with a wide swing during the fight. Three days later everyone still hates me and she keeps running away whenever I go near the place. I should mention that this was moments after getting kicked out of the monastery so my current Henry is a dirty monk who is constantly pissed. So now I just roam the land starting fights in my robes, burping and farting along the way.

Despite all of this I’ve stayed true to Theresa. No women at the bathhouse for me. I’ve already got the best pair of norks in Bohemia waiting for me at home.

I love games that give you the freedom to feck everything up for yourself.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I went into the Tavern near the monastery and fought the village brawler, ended up punching the maiden by accident with a wide swing during the fight. Three days later everyone still hates me and she keeps running away whenever I go near the place. I should mention that this was moments after getting kicked out of the monastery so my current Henry is a dirty monk who is constantly pissed. So now I just roam the land starting fights in my robes, burping and farting along the way.

Despite all of this I’ve stayed true to Theresa. No women at the bathhouse for me. I’ve already got the best pair of norks in Bohemia waiting for me at home.

I love games that give you the freedom to feck everything up for yourself.
Amazing :lol:

I just finished the quest with Father Godwin last night. One of the most enjoyable quests I've played in any game. Couldn't stop laughing throughout.

It's such a great fecking game.

The Bloody-Nine

Picked a LOT of flowers and nettles. I'm not sure how the levelling system works, though. My herbalist level went up a bunch.

Art Vandelay

Picked a LOT of flowers and nettles. I'm not sure how the levelling system works, though. My herbalist level went up a bunch.
Well played.

I found an excellent sword in a chest by a tree. In olden times that's where people kept their best swords, in chests by trees. St George's Sword it's called and it does way more damage than any other sword I own.

SuperiorXI

I love this game, about 7 hours in. It takes a lot of influence from The Witcher 3 but is in itself its own game with its own charm. Excellent so far and yet to encounter any game breaking bugs.

Stole a load of shit from shops earlier at night time, lock picking can be made a lot easier if you use a mouse with DPS settings or whatever the feck it's called.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I seem to have become over encumbered while in the process. I can't possibly be weighed down by f*cking nettles.
That caught me out at one point too, you pick once and like 6 get added to your inventory. Daft being unable to run because you’ve got a bag full of poppies mind :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Did anyone manage to beat that puke Hal at archery / sword fighting?
Narrowly lost at archery cause I got a bit excited and completely missed two halfway through, beat him at swordfighting though. Wish it'd been the other way round, is his bow any good?

Art Vandelay

I beat him at both. By the time my agility was high enough to use the bow I'd found a slightly better one, so never really got to use it.

Drainy

My latest trick was to level Alchemy with Marigold Decoctions and selling them all to the local traders- once you get the auto brew x3 you make so much gold. My Henry is a fully kitted knight.

Also train with the captain in Rattay every day until you get to 12+ strength, agility, defence and warfare- easy leveling with your short sword and shield.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Any mods or patches announced for this yet? Made the "mistake" of buying Skyrim way too soon after release to the point of never really going back to play after I hit my first big bugs or annoyances that couldnt be resolved with a patch or mod until later on.

The Bloody-Nine

I cracked and modded the save issue, after being f*cked up too many times in combat. And I'm not even that far in.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Anyone playing on PS4?

Might get it tonight but looks cut out for a Computer.

Stactix

I thought I was about 4 hours in. Turns out I'm just over 10. How did that happen?
On xbox, it said I'd played nearly 4 days worth, ingame it said i'd played nearly two.
At that point I thought I'd played less than 20 hours!

The Bloody-Nine

I really didn't help myself when I ditched my sword and bow because I found better ones. When it came time to equip them, turns out I was under levelled for both. And I can't remember where I dropped the others. Basically, all I have to fight with is a club.

I encountered two bandits that I had to kill in order to further the quest. It was extremely trying. In the end I charged up behind the swordsman and choked him out, then I fought the bandit with the axe and eventually killed him. Then I went back and beat the unconscious one to death. :cool:

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
So many fun side quests to do! The way things are going thus far, this might not be far off The Witcher 3 for me. And just like the Witcher, riding a horse is a pain in the bollox.