Gaming Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Drainy

I don't know anything about alchemy.
I'd recommend going to Rattay and checking out the alchemy bench.
Get a marigold decoction recipe from the herbalist and level it up, then you can auto craft from that point on - once you level it enough you get get 3 potions for one brew. It's a easy way to make gold.

If you make a schnapps you can then auto craft them going forward and get three a time- so no need for infinite saves.

The Bloody-Nine

I don't really want to cheat and find shit out or look at guides. I'd much rather just play, and modding the save thing makes it a lot more accessible, for me, anyway.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Starting my second playthrough, going to do as many side quests as I can because the first time through I only really did the many story quests. I’m already dreading having to go back to the monastery but I’m also looking forward to playing as a sneaky thief this time.

Found something called the shard of Queen Sheba’s sword so I might try and build that. Which probably means I’ll revert back to being a knight again :lol: but feck it!

Art Vandelay

I learned the hard way not to try and rob people at night. It works in Skyrim but in KCD it seems to result in people waking up as you try to pick locks. It's best to do it during the day when they are out.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is anyone else getting really bad pop-in since the last patch? Had to restart my game because the textures wouldn’t load in.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Starting my second playthrough, going to do as many side quests as I can because the first time through I only really did the many story quests. I’m already dreading having to go back to the monastery but I’m also looking forward to playing as a sneaky thief this time.

Found something called the shard of Queen Sheba’s sword so I might try and build that. Which probably means I’ll revert back to being a knight again :lol: but feck it!
Maybe you should talk to the swordsmith in Sasau when you get the chance .....

Is anyone else getting really bad pop-in since the last patch? Had to restart my game because the textures wouldn’t load in.
As for this, I've noticed if I play for a few hours, when I fast travel, whole buildings don't load in or take a good 30 seconds to a minute to render fully.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Maybe you should talk to the swordsmith in Sasau when you get the chance .....

As for this, I've noticed if I play for a few hours, when I fast travel, whole buildings don't load in or take a good 30 seconds to a minute to render fully.
Will do, cheers! I was on my way now anyway. Want to steal a clergyman’s robes and go drunken fighting again anyway...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Took the plunge and bought it on steam. It’s beautiful. :drool:

Bojan11

How long first playthrough take you?

The Bloody-Nine

I still can't sword fight in this f*cking game. I think it's because I rarely get into fights. And when I do it's against multiple pricks simultaneously.

I'm getting very good at running away, though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How long first playthrough take you?
I’m genuinely not too sure, a good twenty five hours I’d say. Did a couple of the side quests but missed a lot of it - including the Father Goodwin one which I just did today. Absolutely superb!

Art Vandelay

I still can't sword fight in this f*cking game. I think it's because I rarely get into fights. And when I do it's against multiple pricks simultaneously.

I'm getting very good at running away, though.
You can go and train with Captain Bernard every day, he teaches you some new tricks too. I'm decent at sword fighting, but was flailing around like a fool during big battle. Trying to read distance is not easy.

Archery I'm crap at and struggling to level up.

The Bloody-Nine

I'm definitely going to have to go practice more. One on one I could probably handle eventually, but I keep coming up against multiple enemies. And the lock on system makes it extremely difficult.

Dude is there between 12 noon and dusk everyday, right?

Art Vandelay

Usually, sometimes I've found him wandering off somewhere around 4pm and a couple of times I went there in the afternoon with him nowhere to be found.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sounds like a really immersive game. I'm hoping the price drops a lot over the next 6 months.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Those treasure maps have some mental armour pieces in them. :drool:

My Robin Hood get up when for when I actually want to swing my sword. The amount of layers I have on in the above screenies is ridic, takes forever to swing a sword.

If anyone knows where I can find a green, feathered hat to finish the ensemble I'd be appreciative. :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
just sat down to play it and they've released a 6gb update, at least they've added the unlimited save option.

The Bloody-Nine

My game has stopped working. Every time I try and start it up I get an error message that reads 'the system.cfg is not loading' and it shuts off. Very annoying.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't get the point in them adding a save option that requires you to exit the whole game. It's bloody annoying as the game has crashed on me a few times causing me to have to redo a lot of stuff. Plus when you exit using save and exit it doesn't save it properly i.e if you try to load game during playtime cause you want to repeat something you can't. They should have added it as an option for people who just want to have a casual playthrough.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I don't get the point in them adding a save option that requires you to exit the whole game. It's bloody annoying as the game has crashed on me a few times causing me to have to redo a lot of stuff. Plus when you exit using save and exit it doesn't save it properly i.e if you try to load game during playtime cause you want to repeat something you can't. They should have added it as an option for people who just want to have a casual playthrough.
Buy the Saviour Schnapps recipe and brew a feck load of them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Buy the Saviour Schnapps recipe and brew a feck load of them.
True. Annoying though. The quest A bird in the hand is completely bugged aswell. I do like this game but it's not without severely irritating issues.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Finally started playing this. Good thing the patches have fixed a lot of the bugs and shite people were complaining about.

Seems pretty cool. Not getting great performance though. 30 fps indoors, 40 fps outdoors. Changing settings from very high to something lower doesn't seem to matter. Gain a few fps from turning off SMAA Tx but that's not worth the trade-off. Maybe my trusty CPU from 2010 or something is finally showing its age. :p

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Warhorse studios are announcing a new game on Thursday. Hopefully it's a sequel!