Kingsley Coman

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His end product wasnt bad last season. 5 goals and 12 assists in 29 Bundesliga matches. 3 goals and 3 assists in 7 CL games.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is there anything whatsoever in the last 3 seasons to suggest that he's worth the same/near to Sancho? I don't believe so.

That's why asking for the same price is ludicrous in my opinion.

I don't think that's particularly controversial.
They don't play for the same club which is the main factor in transfer prices. Bayern wants the player and don't need the money so you will have to overpay if you want him, Dortmund would like to keep the player but need the money and the transfer so you will have him at a more reasonable price.

Oranges038

So outside of being different, they are the same.
Quality wise Coman is better and he has a different style. In terms of levels of frustration, contribution and inconsistency they are very similar. That's what I am getting at, they are both players who play well when it suits them, might get 1 decent game out of every 3 out of them.

MS4

He misses like 50% games per season. If he isn't insanely cheap, we should definitely pass

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Even without his injury history, I still don't think he's worth 100m. He's a solid player, but sense would have lost all meaning if someone thought it was justified to pay this much for Kingsley Coman. There's only a handful of players that should be worth 9 digits and he's certainly not one of them.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
From reading Martial might get to Benzema's level to "Coman isn't better than Martial", the heat is really getting to some of them :lol:
100M is too much for him only because of his injury record, otherwise he's a great player.
Martial and Coman have literally been similarly rated their whole careers. Martial has become criminally underrated on here this last season. He’s an unbelievabley talented player and Coman is talented too. It’s never been stupid to compare them even if they have different strengths and weaknesses. Personally on top form I’d choose Martial for his goal threat.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
He misses like 50% games per season. If he isn't insanely cheap, we should definitely pass
He's played on average 70% of bayern league games since he signed there ... been fit and on the bench for more

I don't think it's necessarily injuries more inconsistency

He probably wants a bigger wage from bayern... we want to try and make out we have an alternative to sancho so we can get dortmunds price down and plenty of sites are happy with a clickbait involving United and bayern ...

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Martial and Coman have literally been similarly rated their whole careers. Martial has become criminally underrated on here this last season. He’s an unbelievabley talented player and Coman is talented too. It’s never been stupid to compare them even if they have different strengths and weaknesses. Personally on top form I’d choose Martial for his goal threat.
Fair enough, on bad form, average form or top form i'd personnaly pick Coman every time. Coman's goal threat is also underrated because he plays with one of the best striker of this generation but he has goals in him.

UDontMessWith24

The boneyard of pro football careers is littered with pacey wingers that can dribble, but don't have the instincts, vision and composure to add an end product. I don't know that he won't be able to add that to his game in the future, but there's a big risk factor to plunking down obnoxious sums for him

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Hasn't he basically won the league title every single season since he turned professional?

Let's sign him and see if he can help us to continue to his streak.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
H

He hates United and love Dortmund so would love to see us to overpay and them keep Sancho. Interesting Bayer fan.
I don't care about United and only little about Dortmund. I'm more of a player fan anyway and want to see my favourite ones do well. Sancho is one of those. But this is right here isn't about Sancho, it's about weakening Bayern and what's not to love about that?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's the opposite of Martial, Martial has been inconsistent in his game but a consistent scorer when you consider the amounts of minutes actually played, this season being the exception. With Coman you know exactly what he is going to give you, he does exactly what his coaches want as a traditional wide player, he stretches the field, supports his fullback and beat his man, you also know that for some reason he will create huge goalscoring opportunities for himself and manage to not score.
Makes sense given Martial is a CF and Coman a winger.

Coman is a very good player. Martial is actually a good comparison as I think they're of comparable levels (last season aside from Martial, if that's now his level) with Coman having more experience in CL with Martial having more experience at a struggling club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In my opinion, Raphinha will be my preference for Sancho's alternative. Coman is proven injury prone and Raphinha has adapted playing in PL.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't care about United and only little about Dortmund. I'm more of a player fan anyway and want to see my favourite ones do well. Sancho is one of those. But this is right here isn't about Sancho, it's about weakening Bayern and what's not to love about that?
If Bayern got €100m for Coman, they could improve their squad overall if they reinvest wisely, as Coman really is not worth so much. That's what's not to like about this scenario.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
If Bayern got €100m for Coman, they could improve their squad overall if they reinvest wisely, as Coman really is not worth so much. That's what's not to like about this scenario.
That 100m is not realistic though. That is just a PR briefing that says „we don’t want to sell unless you pay stupid money“. Bayern would be happy to extend Coman‘s contract just not for the quoted €16m - €20m gross p.a.

BFernandes

Get it done, Grealish as well.

------------------Henderson---------------
AWB----Varane-----Maguire---Shaw
---------------------Saul-----------------------
--------------------Bruno--------------------
-------------------------------------Grealish
------------------------------------Rashford
--------------------------------------Coman
Sancho--------------------------------------

Balance.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think he is set to be the new Wesley Sneijder - we will be linked to him from now until he retires but he won't ever come. How few players leave Bayern for the PL?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he is set to be the new Wesley Sneijder - we will be linked to him from now until he retires but he won't ever come. How few players leave Bayern for the PL?
Ballack, schweinsteiger, Thiago.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Martial scored 7 goals last season
He has a lot to prove this season if he wants a career at a top club

croadyman

Should we move on to this guy if Dortmund continue to be a pain in the arse with negotiations