Klinsmann for USA job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
"You're not going to Brazil! You're not going to Brazil! You're not going, you're not going, you're not going to Brazil!"

"We are going to Brazil! We are going to Brazil! We are going, we are going, we are going to Brazil!"

Not bad from the Outlaws.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
He always reminds me of a malnourished child in the East African famines in the 90s...so skinny with such a big head. :lol:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He always reminds me of a malnourished child in the East African famines in the 90s...so skinny with such a big head. :lol:
Always felt he never fulfilled his massive potential. Needed to add maybe 10-15lbs of muscle and find a club to settle in versus hopping around due to lack of playing time (for some clubs not all).

Cali Red

I like the pace and style of play from the US in this one. Only problem I see is still really weak on the right. A team with a solid left sided attack would eat that defense alive.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I know a bit about Aron yes. Really annoying that he hasn't made up his mind yet. Only because of your retarded laws that he's eligible to be picked for you guys.

Snow

No. Not like that at all. He barely lived in the US and his parents are both Icelandic. Same law that makes the babies of illegal aliens in your country American. Born on soil=American. What other country is like that?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
No. Not like that at all. He barely lived in the US and his parents are both Icelandic. Same law that makes the babies of illegal aliens in your country American. Born on soil=American. What other country is like that?

Jus soli(citizenship by birth in an country) is the means of citizenship in basically the entire New World. It's the land of immigrants.

Snow

Jus soli(citizenship by birth in an country) is the means of citizenship in basically the entire New World. It's the land of immigrants.
It's absolutely the land of immigrants but it's still a loophole that's debated in congress and might be closed in the future.

It's just annoying because he should just pick Iceland already. The only reason he hasn't is because USA are such a sure in to play in the World Cup. That's it. He's got no affiliation to the US what so ever. He hasn't even been called upon by Klinsmann.
Funny thing is that if he were picked for Iceland he wouldn't make out starting 11. He'll be a nice option on the bench and might be a first teamer in the future but our best players play where he can play.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It's absolutely the land of immigrants but it's still a loophole that's debated in congress and might be closed in the future.

It's just annoying because he should just pick Iceland already. The only reason he hasn't is because USA are such a sure in to play in the World Cup. That's it. He's got no affiliation to the US what so ever. He hasn't even been called upon by Klinsmann.
Funny thing is that if he were picked for Iceland he wouldn't make out starting 11. He'll be a nice option on the bench and might be a first teamer in the future but our best players play where he can play.

A constitutional amendment regarding the 14th Amendment would be incredibly difficult to pass. Given the demographic and political shifts in the US, it is improbable that it is repealed or changed in the next century.

Snow

Look at the history of the US in terms of population growth. In 1900 there were about 70 million people. In 1950 they were about 120-130m. A 50 million increase in 50 years. In 2000 that number was at about 260 million and in the 13 years since then it's gone up more than 50 million.

You don't think changes to stifle the population curve will occur? As of now, a Canadian on vacation can have a child and get a citizenship by default. You don't want to end up like China.

AlwaysRedwood

Look at the history of the US in terms of population growth. In 1900 there were about 70 million people. In 1950 they were about 120-130m. A 50 million increase in 50 years. In 2000 that number was at about 260 million and in the 13 years since then it's gone up more than 50 million.

You don't think changes to stifle the population curve will occur? As of now, a Canadian on vacation can have a child and get a citizenship by default. You don't want to end up like China.

That's just not how it works. First of all, due to the aging boomers, we need young workers. Most countries do. Immigration is encouraged because of it.
Second, we're a melting pot. It's what we learn in school as kids and it's what we believe. That's not going to change, no matter what you hear from a vocal minority. Third, Congress is currently working trying to make 10 million illegal residents legal. So, the conversation is not at all what you describe, as a matter of fact, it's the opposite.

You're just upset because we may take one of your citizens to play for the US. Understandable but it happens all the time, all over the world.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
That's just not how it works. First of all, due to the aging boomers, we need young workers. Most countries do. Immigration is encouraged because of it.
Second, we're a melting pot. It's what we learn in school as kids and it's what we believe. That's not going to change, no matter what you hear from a vocal minority. Third, Congress is currently working trying to make 10 million illegal residents legal. So, the conversation is not at all what you describe, as a matter of fact, it's the opposite.

You're just upset because we may take one of your citizens to play for the US. Understandable but it happens all the time, all over the world.
Yep. My friend's mom born in Iceland, but he is as American as he gets. Yet they handed him the citizenship like a candy when he went to visit in 2010.

Snow

Yep. My friend's mom born in Iceland, but he is as American as he gets. Yet they handed him the citizenship like a candy when he went to visit in 2010.
You think that's the same thing? No point in me going on if you cannot see the difference.

Snow

Of course they're working to get them citizenship. They've got two options. Get them citizenship or kick them out. Why not kick them out? That's already the normal thing to do but it's not that simple. You have to find them and you don't have the manpower for it. You also can't because a lot of businesses would suffer.
One of the reason they get a citizenship is because a lot of them have kids that already are. Can't kick the parent out and leave the kid.

It's a giant clusterfeck that people indeed want to change. It's not at all just a vocal minority. Why else would you have a wall between you and Mexico? Why else is this being discussed in congress. Of course it's the minority but that's how every change start. If it were a majority it would already have been changed. But because it's become a problem for you that minority has become vocal.

You think I'm that short minded that I criticize a law of your country because you possibly might try to call up Aron Jóhannsson? You really like this law yourself?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
You think that's the same thing? No point in me going on if you cannot see the difference.
It's not. I am just pointing out that if you think the American immigration system has a flaw, the Icelandic system has one too.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It's not. I am just pointing out that if you think the American immigration system has a flaw, the Icelandic system has one too.

My great-great-great-great grandmother was Irish. I get a free passport! Yay jus sanguinis! (I'm exaggerating and don't have an Irish great-great-great grandmother, thankfully, but it's more ridiculous than citizenship for those born here).

AlwaysRedwood

. Can't kick the parent out and leave the kid.

Except they do it all the time, so I'm not at all sure what you are talking about.

Why else is this being discussed in congress?
It's being discussed because the landscape of demographics has changed and without the support of Latino voters, no party will win another election.

Of course it's the minority but that's how every change start. If it were a majority it would already have been changed.
There are many examples of vocal groups that go on to do nothing. Right now, the vocal minority group is being overrun by Congress. What they want is irrelevant because neither party can win without the support of Latinos, who very much want a change in legislation. And they very much seem like they will get their way. If they don't, the Republicans will never win another election, hence the "vocal minority" part of my comment.

But because it's become a problem for you that minority has become vocal.
Don't read to much into things. This isn't my issue. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. But I do have a tendency to read and I'm just observing the change of the tide of politics.

You think I'm that short minded that I criticize a law of your country because you possibly might try to call up Aron Jóhannsson? You really like this law yourself?
I do think you are, yes. But only because you brought it up. If you hadn't, I bet I never would have addressed it.

I don't care about the law. It's football. If someone wants to play somewhere else, let them. You don't have to like them but it's better than having a guy who doesn't want to play for your country wearing your shirt.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Howard; Evans-Gonzalez-Besler-F Johnson; Zusi-Bradley-Jones-E Johnson; Dempsey; Altidore

Commentator: "Honduras has yet to score away from home during qualification." Definite jinx looming.

Bench features Beckerman among 12 subs. How the feck does his waste of a roster spot keep receiving call ups? I'd rather see actual players with talent not headless feckwits. Bring in guys like Morales or Torres. Guys that can actually play.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Jozy really is in great form. We screwed around enough before finally scoring though. We seemed to wait until they got tired to pick up the pace and push for a goal.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Missed the game and so just caught the result. Another 3 pts = serious breathing room. Should be a lock to qualify now. Hopefully not jinxing it ;)

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Sitting on 13 points after 6 games is nice. One more win and we're virtually guaranteed to be in Brazil. I'd like to top the group in hopes of getting a higher seed though.

twitter thread suggester
Create a new thread. This has no direct relevance to speculation about Klinsmanns job situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.