Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
This sounds weird... Why should Sky Germany be the first to know about an agreement between a Portuguese manager working in Portugal and a Premier League club?
Yeah it's premature but if you put all the pieces together on Twitter then it looks like it's progressing well and he should be the one in the end.

LordSpud

I've got a hot take that Amorim will be more successful (trophy wise) for Liverpool than Klopp.

Only because Pep will be gone in a year though.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Amorim will be sacked within 6 months.

He’s like Ten Hag, has an expansive style of play that works in a lower skill level league where most of your competition is only the top 2/3 teams.

He’ll try and impose his system , realise the likes of Brentford can expose it easily and revert to survival football.

Pool fans won’t be happy and he’ll be gone fairly swiftly.

This is the way.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
How many of you have watched an Amorim side play?! He is way more DEFENSIVE than Klopp and his idol in football is ... Mourinho :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He'll walk through the door, introduce himself, players will react with "your not our Klopp you don't tell us what to do!" Then run to their room, slam the door and shred him to their friends on social media

And he'll be gone in 6 months

erikcred

He’s like Ten Hag, has an expansive style of play that works in a lower skill level league where most of your competition is only the top 2/3 teams.

He’ll try and impose his system , realise the likes of Brentford can expose it easily and revert to survival football.

This is the way.
If he's like Ten Hag and gets a top 4 or a small cup, then there's no reason he'll get sacked quickly.

The Liverpool fans know that after decades, they stumbled upon a generational manager and it's unlikely to happen again any time soon. They don't even have our financial firepower. So they've to adjust their expectations accordingly instead of pretending they are Real Madrid or something.

Reezy

Supports
Chelsea
Annoyingly I think Amorim will be a really strong appointment for Liverpool… but then I thought the same about Poch for us, so maybe take my opinion with a pinch of salt :lol:

erikcred

I want us to win but I fear a heavy defeat in that one. They would spank us if we play like we did vs Liverpool. Klopp is right but he’s also trolling his own team as a result, which is moronic to say the least.
He's not the smartest cookie in the aftermath of a disappointing result. He should have saved that for his team at halftime -"you lot think Arsenal will feck up attacks the way you've been doing? Of course not. They're a good team."

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

This is the way.
He's not getting sacked that quickly.

Liverpool are pretty well run, and short of a completely disastrous start, he'll be afforded a bit of post-Klopp hangover leeway.

Klopp only managed 5th last season with pretty much no extenuating circumstances to excuse the underperformance.

90 + 5min

He'll walk through the door, introduce himself, players will react with "your not our Klopp you don't tell us what to do!" Then run to their room, slam the door and shred him to their friends on social media

And he'll be gone in 6 months
I’m not sure Liverpool players behave like that. However, this is not someone who is going to improve them. VillasBoas type of manager.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I’m not sure Liverpool players behave like that. However, this is not someone who is going to improve them. VillasBoas type of manager.
Yeah I get the impression that their players are a bit more professional than that. They will be hoping he's the man to take them forwards and they have every reason to trust those running the club to get it right.

I thought they'd go with Nagelsmann or De Zerbi to try to pick up where Klopp has left off. I think their squad would be excellent in carrying out the plan that De Zerbi has at Brighton currently.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
If he's like Ten Hag and gets a top 4 or a small cup, then there's no reason he'll get sacked quickly.

The Liverpool fans know that after decades, they stumbled upon a generational manager and it's unlikely to happen again any time soon. They don't even have our financial firepower. So they've to adjust their expectations accordingly instead of pretending they are Real Madrid or something.
Nope, they have ambition to be a top level club and will expect a challenge almost every season, they will have cash from Salah sale and have an ethos and way of playing that is expected.

Some slip ups at home and the style of play will be very important, they arent going to suddenly lower standards, as a fan base they are used to front foot pressing and attacking football that Amorim will try and impose but it will be very different to Klopp.

If they are losing 3-0 to Newcastle, 4-3 to Chelsea etc they will want him gone make no mistake.

Liverpool are pretty well run, and short of a completely disastrous start, he'll be afforded a bit of post-Klopp hangover leeway.

Klopp only managed 5th last season with pretty much no extenuating circumstances to excuse the underperformance.
We dont know how well liverpool are run outside of the Klopp era, we assume they will be well run with edwards etc but well see. Klopp had won a CL and PL ahead of last season so he had some ammo in the tank to pretty much make him untouchable but some fans still wanted him gone. This season has been a bounce back and hes doing very well, the Liverpool fans will be baying for blood as soon as theres a few embarassing results. There simply isnt time to hang around in modern football.

Only at United would we hang on and hang on until its literally untenable and toxic.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
We dont know how well liverpool are run outside of the Klopp era, we assume they will be well run with edwards etc but well see. Klopp had won a CL and PL ahead of last season so he had some ammo in the tank to pretty much make him untouchable but some fans still wanted him gone. This season has been a bounce back and hes doing very well, the Liverpool fans will be baying for blood as soon as theres a few embarassing results. There simply isnt time to hang around in modern football.

Only at United would we hang on and hang on until its literally untenable and toxic.
If there were Liverpool fans who wanted Klopp gone after last season, they were in a very tiny minority.

They had patience with Klopp, and Arsenal had patience with Arteta.

I'm not saying they'll give him season after season, but they'd be daft to expect a new manager to come in and immediately challenge for top honours, especially if Salah goes too.

The only way he's getting sacked quickly is with a disaster of a start that has them hanging around mid-table or below as we enter the second half of the season.

Socratic

Might have a quid on Hansi Flick at 40/1.

Ange would do great things at Liverpool but might be too hard to get.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm exaggerating obviously. They're not moody 12 year olds in mourning meeting the new step-parent. But their leaders spent years with Klopp, and won with him and his methods, and they are very much going to question anything that isn't "Klopp" for the simple fact that they know what works for them(Klopp's methods, ideas, tactics, etc) and that isn't whatever the new guy is trying to do. So there's going to be a lot of convincing to do to get them on board

We're about to find out exactly how good Edwards really is at his job

Reactions: Fortitude

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

I can't see him getting sacked in six months but wouldn't be surprised if he only lasts a year or two.

Klopp is a genius manager. Similar to Fergie's last decade, he built a truly elite side and then replaced it part-by-part with lesser players, yet managed to keep performance levels extremely high by getting the absolute most out of every player AND making the collective more than the sum of its parts. There is a good chance that Salah and maybe VVD both go. If so, do they have a single player you would back to be truly top class (like legitimate PL team of the season contender) under a different manager? I would say no. Maybe Konate if he managed to stay healthy but he hasn't managed that in five years.

Amorim is both a really good hire and walking into an almost impossible position. No normal manager is getting the same out of this group as Klopp and as much as Liverpool are very well run as a club they have a support that expects to be competing for the league and CL regularly and will be out for blood if they finish 6th while Amorim gets his bearings.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
If there were Liverpool fans who wanted Klopp gone after last season, they were in a very tiny minority.

They had patience with Klopp, and Arsenal had patience with Arteta.

I'm not saying they'll give him season after season, but they'd be daft to expect a new manager to come in and immediately challenge for top honours, especially if Salah goes too.

The only way he's getting sacked quickly is with a disaster of a start that has them hanging around mid-table or below as we enter the second half of the season.
Thats exactly my point and I think he will be just like Ten Hag this season where your key star players that are important to your system are missing and you are unable to adapt.

Salah, Possibly VVD gone.
We had Martinez and Shaw out as long term injuries who made us completely shit the bed seemingly.

You cant only play well when your first 11 is available in the prem and they will crash down the league and hell be gone. 6-8 months.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Amorim is both a really good hire and walking into an almost impossible position. No normal manager is getting the same out of this group as Klopp and as much as Liverpool are very well run as a club they have a support that expects to be competing for the league and CL regularly and will be out for blood if they finish 6th while Amorim gets his bearings.
The more pertinent point is Liverpool have a squad that expects to compete for PL/CL regularly

Selling VVD and Salah in a way would help him, as it would give him an almost clean slate to work with and with reduced expectations and thus more time

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I can't see him getting sacked in six months but wouldn't be surprised if he only lasts a year or two.

Klopp is a genius manager. Similar to Fergie's last decade, he built a truly elite side and then replaced it part-by-part with lesser players, yet managed to keep performance levels extremely high by getting the absolute most out of every player AND making the collective more than the sum of its parts. There is a good chance that Salah and maybe VVD both go. If so, do they have a single player you would back to be truly top class (like legitimate PL team of the season contender) under a different manager? I would say no. Maybe Konate if he managed to stay healthy but he hasn't managed that in five years.

Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Robertson, Mac Allister. Although with TAA I'd say the jury is still out how he'd perform outside Klopp's system as a true RB, if he doesn't go into midfield soon.

But I think a clean slate and selling the likes of Van Dijk and Salah might be best for all, we get some funds in and the new manager gets to build his own team rather than inherit a Klopp team around which will hang unrealistic expectations because of past performances.

Alisson
TAA Konate X Robertson
X
Szoboszlai Mac Allister
X Nunez Diaz​

We need three starting material players imo, and we can fill up the squad with players like Jota, Elliott, Jones, Endo, Matip, ... If we get a quality young RW then our front six bar Diaz will be 25 or younger for our new manager to build a true unit with.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Robertson, Mac Allister. Although with TAA I'd say the jury is still out how he'd perform outside Klopp's system as a true RB, if he doesn't go into midfield soon.

But I think a clean slate and selling the likes of Van Dijk and Salah might be best for all, we get some funds in and the new manager gets to build his own team rather than inherit a Klopp team around which will hang unrealistic expectations because of past performances.

Alisson
TAA Konate X Robertson
X
Szoboszlai Mac Allister
X Nunez Diaz​

We need three starting material players imo, and we can fill up the squad with players like Jota, Elliott, Jones, Endo, Matip, ... If we get a quality young RW then our front six bar Diaz will be 25 or younger for our new manager to build a true unit with.
I forgot about Alisson. Top class player for sure.

I rate MacAllister a lot but I’m not totally convinced that he’ll look quite as good in a different system.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

I rate MacAllister a lot but I’m not totally convinced that he’ll look quite as good in a different system.
He looked class in Brighton's system, featured heavily in Argentina's world old cup winning system and now looks world class in Klopp's rock and roll system.

Have you ever seen Mac Allister play?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

Mac Allistair is being ridiculously overrated. He's a good player, works hard, and has a worldie in him from time to time, but he's like many other players that the PL has had over the years. He's not world class. Alisson is for sure. TAA is too poor at a massive element of his normal position to be considered world class for his part.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Mac Allistair is being ridiculously overrated. He's a good player, works hard, and has a worldie in him from time to time, but he's like many other players that the PL has had over the years. He's not world class. Alisson is for sure. TAA is too poor at a massive element of his normal position to be considered world class for his part.
Ridiculous reasoning, he doesn't have a "normal position" since no one in world football plays the actual position on the pitch that he does. Just because broadcasts and the Livescore app put him as RB doesn't mean that he's a typical RB. Defending is barely an element of his job, let alone a massive one.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Ridiculous reasoning, he doesn't have a "normal position" since no one in world football plays the actual position on the pitch that he does. Just because broadcasts and the Livescore app put him as RB doesn't mean that he's a typical RB. Defending is barely an element of his job, let alone a massive one.
:lol: Whatever mate. He's a RB who's not good at defending, or a MF who lacks general awareness to be top class in the position. He's obviously got some great traits that make him very useful in the right set-up (which is what Klopp has done), but needing so much tampering to making him effective and covering his flaws is a big issue, and not every manager might want to do so - hence, in my mind, he's absolutely not world class.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool

Alisson
TAA Konate X Robertson
X
Szoboszlai Mac Allister
X Nunez Diaz​

Sell VVD and Salah and we may aswell chuck next season in the bin. I get what you mean, regarding latent expectations, but in no way should that mean selling your two consistently best players. I'd wager that Salah can carry on playing into his late 30s, and VVD looks back to his best this season. We'd also be left with Robertson and Alisson as the senior pros, which wouldn't be great if I'm being honest.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Sell VVD and Salah and we may aswell chuck next season in the bin. I get what you mean, regarding latent expectations, but in no way should that mean selling your two consistently best players. I'd wager that Salah can carry on playing into his late 30s, and VVD looks back to his best this season. We'd also be left with Robertson and Alisson as the senior pros, which wouldn't be great if I'm being honest.
Even a freak like Ronaldo just about made it to 37 at the top level. Salah will drop massively at some point in the next 2 years, most likely. Hopefully you guys don't cash in on him before that happens!

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Basically what @DJ Jeff said above. Sell high, buy low and this offseason might be the last one in which Salah could provide us with a hefty return. I'd rather be a year too early on him than too late. The Coutinho sale made us skip several steps under Klopp's development of the squad and a Salan (+ VVD perhaps) sale could result in the same for Amorim / our next manager.

It's better to give him a "clean slate" and let him implement his own ideas, attract his own players, if we want him to have success long-term. Much better than give him the over the top leftovers of Klopp's reign and expect him to perform wonders year over year like Klopp has, that's just not sustainable imo. There's a young core still there which he can definitely start with, but reinforcements are needed as well.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Even a freak like Ronaldo just about made it to 37 at the top level. Salah will drop massively at some point in the next 2 years, most likely. Hopefully you guys don't cash in on him before that happens!
I don't see it, the reason being that like Ronaldo, he completely dedicates himself to his game. By all accounts, the guy is as focused on training, diet, wellbeing, as you can get. I'm not saying he'll continue to play as he currently does, but I can see him adapting his game to drop further infield and play more as a CAM, once his pace drops a little more.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
I don't see it, the reason being that like Ronaldo, he completely dedicates himself to his game. By all accounts, the guy is as focused on training, diet, wellbeing, as you can get. I'm not saying he'll continue to play as he currently does, but I can see him adapting his game to drop further infield and play more as a CAM, once his pace drops a little more.
Yes, the guy does seem a massively professional player. But Ronaldo is maybe the most famously professional player there has ever been and even he couldn't stave off ageing out of top level football. I hope you guys keep him. He's been an amazing player for years, but I don't see him keeping this up for any more than another 2 years. The 100-120m or whatever Saudi would give you for him could fund another horrific year of spending like the one that brought Fabinho, VVD and Alisson.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He looked class in Brighton's system, featured heavily in Argentina's world old cup winning system and now looks world class in Klopp's rock and roll system.

Have you ever seen Mac Allister play?
He was good at Brighton but nowhere near a player you would ever consider for team of the season.

I think Liverpool have a lot of good players, not sure they have any truly top class ones beyond Salah, VVD, Alisson, and maybe TAA in the right system.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Yes, the guy does seem a massively professional player. But Ronaldo is maybe the most famously professional player there has ever been and even he couldn't stave off ageing out of top level football. I hope you guys keep him. He's been an amazing player for years, but I don't see him keeping this up for any more than another 2 years. The 100-120m or whatever Saudi would give you for him could fund another horrific year of spending like the one that brought Fabinho, VVD and Alisson.
The way Ronaldo plays the game is different and requires different attributes to what Salah excels at, IMO the way Salah plays is more conducive to a long top level career, I'm pretty sure he could do another 3-4 years in the PL with no major drop off in performance

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
The way Ronaldo plays the game is different and requires different attributes to what Salah excels at, IMO the way Salah plays is more conducive to a long top level career, I'm pretty sure he could do another 3-4 years in the PL with no major drop off in performance
I see your point on the difference in style, and I think Salah already has adapted a bit from the player he was 5 years ago (Pool have suffered for this imo), but I will eat my hat if Salah is in the PL getting 30 goals+assists a season in 2028.

90 + 5min

Yeah I get the impression that their players are a bit more professional than that. They will be hoping he's the man to take them forwards and they have every reason to trust those running the club to get it right.

I thought they'd go with Nagelsmann or De Zerbi to try to pick up where Klopp has left off. I think their squad would be excellent in carrying out the plan that De Zerbi has at Brighton currently.
It is always difficult replacing someone who is playing on emotions. Neither Nagelsmann or De Zerbi would be manager to pick up work after Klopp. I don't think Amorim is the one to get them to next level.

I'm exaggerating obviously. They're not moody 12 year olds in mourning meeting the new step-parent. But their leaders spent years with Klopp, and won with him and his methods, and they are very much going to question anything that isn't "Klopp" for the simple fact that they know what works for them(Klopp's methods, ideas, tactics, etc) and that isn't whatever the new guy is trying to do. So there's going to be a lot of convincing to do to get them on board

We're about to find out exactly how good Edwards really is at his job
Well, you don't have to exaggerate. We know how our players threw our managers under the bus going back few years.

Klopp worked for Liverpool because he is that type of guy who likes playing with lots of emotions. Hard, fast and lot of energy. This managers will not be doing that. It is not same mentality. If they sign Amorim, they will be shifting from football they played for some couple of years.