Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

Blood Mage

Talented manager but a massive downgrade from Klopp. Alonso was who they needed.

mu4c_20le

In my FM save they go for Marco Rose and continue to challenge every year. I would have expected him if they wanted continuity.

Revan

Assumptionman
Talented manager but a massive downgrade from Klopp. Alonso was who they needed.
Every manager not called Pep or Ancelotti would have been a massive downgrade from Klopp. Amorim seems to be a very promising manager though, so it is a very good choice from them.

Of course, it might not work, same how AVB did not work out for Chelsea, or ETH for us, despite that both were good choices that should have worked. But it is a quite sound choice.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The end of his reign there is really exhibiting his limitations as a coach, and is honestly making me reconsider how highly I rated him.

His increased influence in the transfer market has resulted in much poorer purchases and a far worse squad than what they had at their recent peak.

Running the players into the ground in Europe, even while so far ahead, was also a particularly reckless move.

With the pressure on to finish strongly, they collapse at home to both Atalanta and Crystal Palace while he smiles on the touchline as if it’s something that’s happened outside of his control.

And today, with their title hopes hanging by a thread, he has put out a baffling lineup, that includes a super lightweight midfield and without his best ever performer and record-signing forward.

They might go on to win this game, but I have a feeling it is dropped points here again and he won’t get off with this lineup.

He has had an absolute nightmare end to his time there and it’s on him. Really, really poor. He is obviously a gifted coach, but these last 2-3 months have really put a spotlight on his weaknesses.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The end of his reign there is really exhibiting his limitations as a coach, and is honestly making me reconsider how highly I rated him.

His increased influence in the transfer market has resulted in much poorer purchases and a far worse squad than what they had at their recent peak.

Running the players into the ground in Europe, even while so far ahead, was also a particularly reckless move.

With the pressure on to finish strongly, they collapse at home to both Atalanta and Crystal Palace while he smiles on the touchline as if it’s something that’s happened outside of his control.

And today, with their title hopes hanging by a thread, he has put out a baffling lineup, that includes a super lightweight midfield and without his best ever performer and record-signing forward.

They might go on to win this game, but I have a feeling it is dropped points here again and he won’t get off with this lineup.

He has had an absolute nightmare end to his time there and it’s on him. Really, really poor. He is obviously a gifted coach, but these last 2-3 months have really put a spotlight on his weaknesses.
3-1. It worked out with a very weak lineup. Most coaches would lose with that lineup except the very best ones.

Maluco

3-1. It worked out with a very weak lineup. Most coaches would lose with that lineup except the very best ones.
That’s true, but the damage has been done, I feel. And that lineup doesn’t bode well for whoever is coming in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Yet they're joint top with Man City facing what could be a tricky game at Brighton next. With the chance to be 4 points ahead of City facing the walkover of Everton before that game kicks off.

I fear a lot of the smug posts on here haven't looked at the actual numbers very closely and could have egg on their faces.

Maluco

Yet they're joint top with Man City facing what could be a tricky game at Brighton next. With the chance to be 4 points ahead of City facing the walkover of Everton before that game kicks off.

I fear a lot of the smug posts on here haven't looked at the actual numbers very closely and could have egg on their faces.
I don’t think they will beat Everton in their next game. City won’t concede control now.

The fact is, at crunch time this season, he lost and drew with a United side that could barely beat Coventry, got decimated at home to an average Atalanta side and then lost at home to Palace.

They still have to play Spurs and away at Villa as well as their derby, in which they do have a tendency to drop points away from home. They needed a cushion going into these crunch games and they have gone from having a straight forward run to two finals and being top of the table, to being out of both competitions and chasing in the league.

It’s been poor despite a good gamble, in the end, today.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I don’t think they will beat Everton in their next game. City won’t concede control now.

The fact is, at crunch time this season, he lost and drew with a United side that could barely beat Coventry, got decimated at home to an average Atalanta side and then lost at home to Palace.

They still have to play Spurs and away at Villa as well as their derby, in which they do have a tendency to drop points away from home. They needed a cushion going into these crunch games and they have gone from having a straight forward run to two finals and being top of the table, to being out of both competitions and chasing in the league.

It’s been poor despite a good gamble, in the end, today.
I don’t know if you realize that united and Liverpool are rivals. Perhaps one of the biggest in football and definitely the biggest in England. It doesn’t matter which team is on top, the matches could go either way. The Palace game killed us off. Bottom line. And as far as the season being poor, we were not picked to be this close to the top with six weeks to go with a revamped midfield and team.

Maluco

I don’t know if you realize that united and Liverpool are rivals. Perhaps one of the biggest in football and definitely the biggest in England. It doesn’t matter which team is on top, the matches could go either way. The Palace game killed us off. Bottom line. And as far as the season being poor, we were not picked to be this close to the top with six weeks to go with a revamped midfield and team.
Rivalry adds spice, of course it does, but this United team are so easy to play through. I mean, 7-0 is a recent result. As much as I hate using the word, it was bottled right there.

It’s been a very poor end to his tenure and I think he is leaving behind a first team, that is poorer almost man for man, than the one he had at his peak.

He has been great for Liverpool, but I think, amongst the tears and the heralding, that his squad building and mentality at big moments, can definitely be questioned.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Rivalry adds spice, of course it does, but this United team are so easy to play through. I mean, 7-0 is a recent result. As much as I hate using the word, it was bottled right there.

It’s been a very poor end to his tenure and I think he is leaving behind a first team, that is poorer almost man for man, than the one he had at his peak.

He has been great for Liverpool, but I think, amongst the tears and the heralding, that his squad building and mentality at big moments, can definitely be questioned.
Again, we weren’t supposed to be this good which is attributed to his coaching. The forward line of Salah, Mane, and Firminio can really be matched but for a few all time forward lines. The midfield however has gone from Henderson, Milner, and Fabinho to MacAllister, Szobo, Elliott, Endo, and possibly TAA. A better midfield and equal defense. It’s not all doom and gloom, after all we had people worried for 30 match weeks with this weak team although it feels over.

Maluco

Again, we weren’t supposed to be this good which is attributed to his coaching. The forward line of Salah, Mane, and Firminio can really be matched but for a few all time forward lines. The midfield however has gone from Henderson, Milner, and Fabinho to MacAllister, Szobo, Elliott, Endo, and possibly TAA. A better midfield and equal defense. It’s not all doom and gloom, after all we had people worried for 30 match weeks with this weak team although it feels over.
Mayhe you are right but I think the former midfield was much better at its peak and much more functional than the current one. van Dijk, Endo (the ever present this season) and Salah are all 31+ and I don’t think the likes of Gakpo and Darwin will ever be good enough for Liverpool.

He built one great team, but I think, as he has become more involved with transfer planning, that recruitment has taken a downturn.

I think whoever comes in has more of a job than it first appears.

Skills

Snitch
I can't believe what I was watching - they're pumping the ball into the box against a Dyche team hoping to win headers in the box?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Genuinely feel like his announcement derailed their season.

Rojofiam

Been saying for months that they'll finish 3rd, good to see their luck balancing itself out over 38 games, so that the table will reflect their true level in the end. Clearly the third best team this season, can't argue even one place lower or higher.

Yakuza_devils

Sayonara! I don't think Liverpool will be so lucky to hit the jackpot second time with another manager like Klopp again.

Hape to see Liverpool back to where they belong next season

VivaRonaldo85

Who would have thought Amad would derail Klopp’s farewell tour. The ripples have followed ever since. The Liverpool media must be furious!