Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season

erikcred

The fawning over this cnut is nauseating. He’s done a good job at Liverpool I’ll give him that and he’ll go down as one of the top 5 managers we’ve seen in the Premier League but he’s certainly not in the top 3.
That's because whenever someone says something reasonable like "he's in the top 5 managers the PL has seen" down comes a virtual hail of top-red fists screaming "sacrilege!" So they've to make more posts to explain their original post and his achievements. I've been sucked into defending Klopp more than I'd like this way. Bored of it now.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That's because whenever someone says something reasonable like "he's in the top 5 managers the PL has seen" down comes a virtual hail of top-red fists screaming "sacrilege!" So they've to make more posts to explain their original post and his achievements. I've been sucked into defending Klopp more than I'd like this way. Bored of it now.
I’ve seen no one argue he’s not in the top 5 so you’re arguing against pretty much no one

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You’re posting history is… interesting. Almost exclusively talk about Liverpool. Either in Liverpool threads or posts unrelated to Liverpool you somehow crowbar in comparisons to old Liverpool players.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't think the fall off will be as big as many think. They've got a very good young squad and will no doubt get big money from Saudi for Salah when he eventually leaves.

The thing that has put them way ahead of us is excellent player recruitment more than Klopp.

LARulz

Can anybody confirm these 2 points that since Klopp joined in 15/16:

- we have finished above them 4 times in the league
- finished 2nd as many times as they have

Just want to say it to wind up some Liverpool fans I know. But I do think Klopp is an excellent manager
Anyone? :nervous: I checked myself but feel I may have missed something so just want to clarify and if there is anything else I can say to wind them up that is similar

Werd.

1 - 3 PL titles to 1 PL title and 1 CL title. The CL title counts for more IMO, as that means that Klopp achieved everything he set out to do, which Mourinho did not. Strike rate in finals? What about even getting to the final in the first place FFS, unlike Mourinho who never got there with an English club?

2 - the feck, in what world would somebody trade away a CL win for more league wins? Champions league is the pinnacle of club football. When a manager takes on a big club, they go into it with the dream that they'll build a side that wins the league and the CL. Surely you agree with that? So actually achieving that means you reached a higher peak. What use it is talking about a treble when Mou never even won the double with an English club?

3 - and yet, they won the CL, so the if is literally stupid to consider. Why criticize Klopp for losing to real Madrid in a comparison to Mourinho who never made the final in the first place. Completely illogical.

4 - again. How is it better for a manager to never reach a CL final with an English club than having one actually win the CL once! Come on.

Yes he's a Liverpool manager but have some fecking perspective and take off the goggles. You can't surely believe that winning back to back titles is a bigger accomplishment than winning the league and CL?

Mourinho as a general football manager is ahead of Klopp. When it comes to just English football impact, Klopp has done more, as he won the CL and league with an english club, he achieved everything he set out to do when he took over, he built a side that became the best in the world. Mourinho didn't manage that.
1. No, the CL title doesn't count for more except in your imagination. You only get handed 1 trophy for it and, as such, as it stands, Mourinho has won more trophies than Klopp in English football. Mourinho's lack of CL success with an English club is there for sure, but he still has won more trophies in England, which has been my original point all along.

2. My point was your assumption Mourinho would trade away his league titles for a CL win was pretty daft. Its a completely bizzare way of thinking. You keep talking about Klopp has achieved all his targets, yet he hasn't won a treble, back to back league titles, etc. More excuses.

3. What are you on about? You were the one saying Real Madrid finished 19 points behind Barca that season. All I said was, in a one off final, they could have still lost to Madrid. Mourinho has won twice with Porto and Inter. I'm sure he can console himself with those wins whenever he thinks of not winning one with an English club.

4. More deflection and excuses. You keep losing track of what you originally said and then incoherently ramble about something else.

Winning back to back league titles is equally as tough as winning the double in a season. You are full of excuses and deflections to try create a narrative to suit Klopp. I'm simply stating facts.

And no, Klopp STILL HASN'T achieved everything he set out to do when he took over as Liverpool manager.

Last edited:

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
A sad period for football. He deserves a guard of honour in every ground he visits till the end of the season.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
A sad period for football. He deserves a guard of honour in every ground he visits till the end of the season.
I think United fans should be forced to sing YAWN during the guard of honour and should applaud him for the whole game.

Tyrion

Moreover, Pep has rarely had to manage a strong personality. The one time I can think of was Zlatan and we know how that went. Ironically, he fecked off Eto'o for Zlatan, and even Eto'o has some interesting things to say about Pep's man management skills.
Exactly. People act like modern players are all just big egos but plenty of them are more professional than the types of stars you'd get 20 years ago.

Are Kyle Walker and Phil Foden really bigger egos than Ashley Cole or David Beckham?

How do you define strong personality :confused:
Zlatans old quote about schoolboys has often seemed true. Pep's had issues with the likes of Aguero and Grealish and the Bayern medical staff if I remember correctly. Arteta seems similar in how he got rid of Xhaka and Ramsdale. Anyone too vocal doesn't last long.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
It is a fact outside of online discussions (not trying to be snide at all, it's just the reality of the situation)
This ranking of managers is something that exists only in discussions. There is not an official all-time list or something.

RedRocket9908

It is a fact outside of online discussions (not trying to be snide at all, it's just the reality of the situation)
Pep is certainly not in the top 2 Premier League Managers in my opinion, I would put Sir Alex, Wenger, Mourinho, and Klopp all above him personally

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Zlatans old quote about schoolboys has often seemed true. Pep's had issues with the likes of Aguero and Grealish and the Bayern medical staff if I remember correctly. Arteta seems similar in how he got rid of Xhaka and Ramsdale. Anyone too vocal doesn't last long.
I think there is a difference between "strong personality" and "knuckleheads"

I can't think of many title winning sides that don't have strong personalities. It's damned near a requirement. And especially in sides that Pep has managed, the ones who shy away from battles and tough situations get weeded out over time. Gundogan, Walker, Dias, Puyol, Lahm, Muller... I'd call them strong personalities.

Knuckleheads, the ones who butt heads with the coach trying to measure dicks... Yeah agreed, Pep has little tolerance for those. Not many managers do

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don't think the fall off will be as big as many think. They've got a very good young squad and will no doubt get big money from Saudi for Salah when he eventually leaves.

The thing that has put them way ahead of us is excellent player recruitment more than Klopp.
You're joking?
He had the likes of Hendo and Milner looking quality. Their centre mid still isn't exactly amazing now.
He's one of the best for a long time at making teams better the sum of their parts. The exact opposite of United's last decade.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Zlatan only gets on with Mourinho because he admires Mou and treats him like his boss.

If he questioned Mourinho like he did with Pep, Mourinho would instantly bin him and show him who's boss.

It's cringeworthy that 40 plus Zlatan still thinks these teenage "Lion" shenanigans are amusing. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You certainly cannot present your opinion as a fact.

There are a lot of us who believe that Pep is a combination of circumstances and PR.
The fact is the Pep is one of the most successful managers of all time. PR... come on. He's dominated wherever he's gone. Even if you ignore his City spell... he created arguably the best club side of all time in Barca. Yes they had great players, but he turned them into a ridiculous team. Even without City stuff, he's down in history as an all time great.

Tyrion

I think there is a difference between "strong personality" and "knuckleheads"

I can't think of many title winning sides that don't have strong personalities. It's damned near a requirement. And especially in sides that Pep has managed, the ones who shy away from battles and tough situations get weeded out over time. Gundogan, Walker, Dias, Puyol, Lahm, Muller... I'd call them strong personalities.

Knuckleheads, the ones who butt heads with the coach trying to measure dicks... Yeah agreed, Pep has little tolerance for those. Not many managers do
Originally he was being compared with Ferguson and by that comparison, I think Ferguson was more flexible. I doubt Pep could have ever dealt with Cantona, Schmeichel, Ronaldo or Keane. He has the ability to pick from virtually anyone and still often falls out with his own players.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You're joking?
He had the likes of Hendo and Milner looking quality. Their centre mid still isn't exactly amazing now.
He's one of the best for a long time at making teams better the sum of their parts. The exact opposite of United's last decade.
Henderson was a key player when they nearly won the league under Rodgers. Milner has always been a good player.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

You're joking?
Good coach but spent big and only one title in 8 years. He'll always be a tier or two below multiple EPL title winners like Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho, and mangers who did it with fewer resources like Ranieri.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Good coach but spent big and only one title in 8 years. He'll always be a tier or two below multiple EPL title winners like Wenger, Ferguson and Mourinho, and mangers who did it with fewer resources like Ranieri.
A funny mix of losing 2-3 prems/euros to City's cheating and finals.
Yet coming below the last 4 United managers in individual seasons.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The fact is the Pep is one of the most successful managers of all time. PR... come on. He's dominated wherever he's gone. Even if you ignore his City spell... he created arguably the best club side of all time in Barca. Yes they had great players, but he turned them into a ridiculous team. Even without City stuff, he's down in history as an all time great.
Anyone outside of united already has him as the best mgr in history. 75% of his career has him winning leagues in the 3 biggest leagues in 15 years and he’s not done. He’s number one and the rest we can argue about.

Loon

:lol:
I wonder if the dipper squad will do a cover of “Star Maker” from “The Kids from Fame” at season’s end. Won’t be a dry seat in the house.

Conor

Anyone outside of united already has him as the best mgr in history. 75% of his career has him winning leagues in the 3 biggest leagues in 15 years and he’s not done. He’s number one and the rest we can argue about.
So cheating means nothing then, does it?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Bore off.

last 2 posts if you’re in here are just fishing for bites. You don’t reply to people who respond to you as you know you’re talking shit. no idea how you missed that cull

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Think Klopp is a better manager personally. Not a dig at Pep, who's obviously incredible. But I think if you'd have swapped their clubs then City would have been just as successful, but Pep wouldn't get out of Liverpool what Klopp has been able to.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Think Klopp is a better manager personally. Not a dig at Pep, who's obviously incredible. But I think if you'd have swapped their clubs then City would have been just as successful, but Pep wouldn't get out of Liverpool what Klopp has been able to.
To win one big match with the same caliber players it’s Klopp. To build a team and turn good players into great players it’s Klopp. To build an organization with unlimited funds and keep success sustained it’s Pep.

alexthelion

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Yeah that's true of course, but at least he seems to have the potential to be a great manager, which is more than you can say about some of the other names I've seen floating around.

I wouldn't mind Simeone, but he won't leave Atlético. Not even sure he speaks English to be honest :lol:
Liverpool would not make the same mistake twice. Also, they seen United sttuggle to get back to top if you are not careful. They will get alonso, and unfortunately they won't hesistate to fire him within a season or two if he is not up to the task.

Wiesenlooser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Can anybody confirm these 2 points that since Klopp joined in 15/16:

- we have finished above them 4 times in the league
- finished 2nd as many times as they have

Just want to say it to wind up some Liverpool fans I know. But I do think Klopp is an excellent manager
true but it’s completely misreading the charts.

How many times was United in the CL final during Klopp‘s spell?

how many times did United win the league?

hiw many times did United have a season above 90 points?

The truth is, Klopp‘s Liverpool absolutely destroyed United during his reign. I can’t imagine when was the last time anyone ever seriously considered United a contender for the CL title.

Klopp should have won more titles, although he was unlucky scoring over 90 points 3 times yielded only one PL title.

cyberman

true but it’s completely misreading the charts.

How many times was United in the CL final during Klopp‘s spell?

how many times did United win the league?

hiw many times did United have a season above 90 points?

The truth is, Klopp‘s Liverpool absolutely destroyed United during his reign. I can’t imagine when was the last time anyone ever seriously considered United a contender for the CL title.

Klopp should have won more titles, although he was unlucky scoring over 90 points 3 times yielded only one PL title.
You can’t say he’s misreading the charts and then come out with this.
by the way it’s once. Liverpool have won the league once in this period