View full 2023-24 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We need to get points on the board, it's so easy to say play this kid play that kid but there's a right moment to play them, and it should be when the team is in a good place. This is a bad time to thrust him in.

For all of his flaws (and I agree he should be benched in games), cas is a player bringing experience and I think he will add big value over the course of the season to make up for his flaws. We need grit and determination to get us out of a rut and he's a player who yeah, makes his mistakes, but his head will never go down and I think we need this a lot around the team.
If they are good enough, play them. Meritocracy is key. If Casemiro does not fight back for his place, so be it.
Abd I rather watch a young kid with some flaws than a half arsed veteran

Red00012

Will this lad be ready to play our next league game(2 weeks from now)?
He probably will , but he won’t be starting . I actually think people are getting too excited about him and expect him to play 15-20 games this season . I can’t see it happening personally . A few sub appearances perhaps but I can’t see him starting more than 5 games over the course of the season bar another injury crisis of midfielders

Dve

He probably will , but he won’t be starting . I actually think people are getting too excited about him and expect him to play 15-20 games this season . I can’t see it happening personally . A few sub appearances perhaps but I can’t see him starting more than 5 games over the course of the season bar another injury crisis of midfielders
Depends how he conduct himself when given the change. In preseason, as long as he stayed fit, he pretty much started every game. I agree that he won't be starting the second he is back, but I regard him a real contender for a starting spot. If he plays like he did in preseason, I see absolutely no reason why Casemiro in current form should start ahead of him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If they are good enough, play them. Meritocracy is key. If Casemiro does not fight back for his place, so be it.
Abd I rather watch a young kid with some flaws than a half arsed veteran
Thats not how it works. You don't just throw kids in at a dangerous time and punt on them working out. It can hamper their development.

Remember the geese

Thats not how it works. You don't just throw kids in at a dangerous time and punt on them working out. It can hamper their development.
Not everyone has the luxury of coming through at a high flying team. You need to be ready to take your chance, no matter how the opportunity presents itself.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
22 pages on a kid who hasn't even made an appearence yet this season. Never change caf :lol:.

3KDré

We need to get points on the board, it's so easy to say play this kid play that kid but there's a right moment to play them, and it should be when the team is in a good place. This is a bad time to thrust him in.

For all of his flaws (and I agree he should be benched in games), cas is a player bringing experience and I think he will add big value over the course of the season to make up for his flaws. We need grit and determination to get us out of a rut and he's a player who yeah, makes his mistakes, but his head will never go down and I think we need this a lot around the team.
Part of the issue is that when things aren't going well for him and he's giving the ball away needlessly - he doesn't stop doing that he keeps at it. We keep conceding straight after scoring because after scoring, we need to learn to get a grip of the game and keep hold of the ball - Casemiro hasn't been doing this.

Mickson

He is a better ball progressor, a more secure passer and a better athlete. We need him more than Casemiro. If anything, we will miss Casemiro's attacking contributing more than anything else. In February, Mainoo will have displaced Casemiro permanently.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Easy to say when it is not your job on the line.
Generally true, but it's not like veterans are winning anything.

The "obvious" squad, with Casemiro, lost to fecking Crystal Palace and Galatasaray and was certainly going to lose to Brentford, if not McT heroics. Something needs to change, clearly, and that includes benching "obvious" players who don't produce

led_scholes

This thread gives me Life of Brian, quasi messiah vibes. I hope people will have patience with the kid.

Remember the geese

This thread gives me Life of Brian, quasi messiah vibes. I hope people will have patience with the kid.
From my point of view, I will have plenty of patience with him because I know how good he is and how important he can be for us in the future. I'd have a lot less patience for someone who is clearly not good enough, nor ever will be.

Abraxas

Easy to say when it is not your job on the line.
Is his job not on the line when he picks other players?

It's not that brave, if players don't perform then put in someone who might. Any other method is the one that is more dangerous for a manager's future.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Playing a young talent never harms them. They need to play and get experience first and foremost. Even on loan, they are often sent to teams who dont play for titles

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Judging by our other young player threads I very much doubt it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I can’t see him playing much. Ten Hag won’t bench 3 of Casemiro, Amrabat, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen often to play him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I can’t see him playing much. Ten Hag won’t bench 3 of Casemiro, Amrabat, Bruno, Mount, Eriksen often to play him.
I think he will, Ten Hag was trying to integrate him last season but he kept getting injured.

Onerealunited

He is highly rated but remember he is 18 and has no experience with senior football and has had many injuries last 1-2 seasons. He needs time and he needs time within proper settings… we are expecting to much from him given our bad form and lack of quality in midfield but should be careful not to expect him be our saviour… I myself would be more than happy if he manages to be injury free the rest of the season and get between 5-10 games (mostly as a sub) to build on his play…

jesperjaap

Once he gets match fit he will definately start more than five games and play a fair bit, surprised people are disputing that.

Yes he is a teenager, yes he has little experience, yes we have signed Mount and Arambat since preseason when he played.

But this is a side where Casemeiro has been poor so far this season, Arambat is probably more likely to compete for his place, Mount and Fernandes hasnt worked so far and I see them fighting for the same spot or one used out wide at times.

For all our signings, for me the best options for the number eight role were already here....Eriksen who is a liability defensively as legs gone even though still serves a purpose at certain points from the bench, Hannibal who has done ok so far though played very simply....and the McTominay.

Mainoo is probably th eonly technical option that can also be a ball carrier, think he will be starting by Christmas regularly in teh second half of the season personally

Dan_F

22 pages on a kid who hasn't even made an appearence yet this season. Never change caf :lol:.
No pressure. Just needs to perform better than someone who is one of the most decorated defensive midfielders ever and Brazil’s captain.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Injury concern? Hopefully just a bit too soon as the other tweet mentions and not another fresh injury.
It's just the blight of the news aggregator account, there was a bit on the MEN reporting on the Mail story about not playing in the game, and the twitter account has framed it as a new original source with a different spin. So no new info.

Telsim

I rate Mainoo and think he could become a class footballer. But the big-upping of him and Diallo has been something else. You'd think we are waiting on the return of our own Rodri and De Bruyne, coming in to save our season. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That insider account who had the scoop about injuries said it wasn't true that Mainoo had a set back

cpresc

Let's not forget that Sancho also looked good in pre-season :/